PDA

View Full Version : Can we forfeit the season thread?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Look, we are 2-2 after 4 games and it is clear as the nose on ty's face that we can judge the season after 4 games. Ty will hear no arguments about this.

Knowing that we suck, will continue to suck, and that our GM sucks, our coaches suck, and our players suck (well, if we had bert everything would change) is it possible to forfeit the rest of the games.

Instead of playing and disappointing us, they could get valuable practice time in. TT and MM could get a head start on scouting the college ranks and evaluating potential free agents.

What you packerrats? Forfeit the season or play the rest out knowing that we can't win, and will just suck the rest of the way.

Scott Campbell
10-05-2009, 11:44 PM
I think you're over reacting.

superfan
10-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Look, we are 2-2 after 4 games and it is clear as the nose on ty's face that we can judge the season after 4 games. Ty will hear no arguments about this.

Knowing that we suck, will continue to suck, and that our GM sucks, our coaches suck, and our players suck (well, if we had bert everything would change) is it possible to forfeit the rest of the games.

Instead of playing and disappointing us, they could get valuable practice time in. TT and MM could get a head start on scouting the college ranks and evaluating potential free agents.

What you packerrats? Forfeit the season or play the rest out knowing that we can't win, and will just suck the rest of the way.

Sarcasm acknowledged, but still - it's just a loss, and not a shocking loss. Let's just move on - nothing to see here.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-05-2009, 11:46 PM
I think you're over reacting.

Whatever you say Neville Chamberlain.

Lurker64
10-05-2009, 11:47 PM
If we forfeit now, would that guarantee us a high draft pick?

Bossman641
10-05-2009, 11:48 PM

I dunno. We already have 2 wins. I think the Bucs and Rams might have something to say about that.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-05-2009, 11:48 PM

Sarcasm acknowledged, but still - it's just a loss, and not a shocking loss. Let's just move on - nothing to see here.

Packerrats, this is an example of an appeaser. We can't get better with Superfan's wishy washy approach to the team.

This loss was the end all and be all of the season. It was a career defining moment for MM, TT, Arod, etc...and they failed.

Ty doesn't think there has been a more significant game in packer history. Name one,I dare you.

Bretsky
10-05-2009, 11:49 PM

Bretsky does not care about this Ty thread

Bretsky likes Ty's high roller thread

Where the H were Ty's money picks this week ?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-05-2009, 11:51 PM

2-14....puts us squarely in the top 5 or so.

Course, TT will blow it. But, that is another story/thread.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-05-2009, 11:57 PM

Bretsky does not care about this Ty thread

Bretsky likes Ty's high roller thread

Where the H were Ty's money picks this week ?

Ty got a bit lazy and also, to be honest, Ty didn't get much feedback on his thread..so ty said wtf and let it go. And, combined with several post badger cocktails...well, goodnite gracie.

But, knowing that there is one fan out there....that is enough. Ty is touched and will return.

That aside....stop trying to deflect fucking bretsky. This thread isn't about picks or pussy. It's not about cocks, and ass, and tits. And butthole pleasures. It's not about these rusty trombones, and these dirty sanchez.
And these cincinatti bowties, and these pussy juice cocktail, and these shit stained balls.

This thread is about FORFEITING!!!!

superfan
10-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Ty doesn't think there has been a more significant game in packer history. Name one,I dare you.

Obviously, the team is still reeling from the loss to Beloit in 1919.

The Packers were undefeated up until this game, but lost to the Beloit team due to the referees rigging the game. Final score was 0-6.

Just hasn't been the same team since.

HarveyWallbangers
10-06-2009, 12:57 AM

We owned Menominee in 1919.

I feel strangely okay. Not necessarily for this year, but this loss reminded me of some of Brett's early struggles in the Metrodome. Young QBs need to go through this, and I liked the way ARod battled. I think we have a QB that gives us a chance for the next 10 years.

Anybody else find it strange that they kept talking about Steve Young vs. Joe Montana? San Fran at KC. Young lost that game to Montana on the road by 7 points, had two turnovers, and took a pounding from Derrick Thomas, Neil Smith, and the rest of the Chiefs. The 49ers ended up winning the Super Bowl that year, and Young credits that game for getting the team solidly behind him--because of the way he battled.

Harlan Huckleby
10-06-2009, 01:00 AM
Football teams are built with good lines first.

I don't understand Harvey's happy happy.

The Packers got lousy lines on offense and defense. I say cancel the season.

Bretsky
10-06-2009, 01:06 AM
We have a good share of talent at the athletic positions; now in the offseason TTT may have to pull out his dictionary and look at that offseason thing some teams to to pull in guys like Steve Hutchinson and Darren Sharper to mix in with his developmental future studs.

I think the preseason had us all jumping the gun and thinking this team is closer than they might be.

I compared them to the Saints in the offseason. To me the teams had a lot of similarities. Except they've brought in some nice vets as well as of late. Right now they seem a solid step ahead of us

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 01:07 AM

We owned Menominee in 1919.

I feel strangely okay. Not necessarily for this year, but this loss reminded me of some of Brett's early struggles in the Metrodome. Young QBs need to go through this, and I liked the way ARod battled. I think we have a QB that gives us a chance for the next 10 years.

Anybody else find it strange that they kept talking about Steve Young vs. Joe Montana? San Fran at KC. Young lost that game to Montana on the road by 7 points, had two turnovers, and took a pounding from Derrick Thomas, Neil Smith, and the rest of the Chiefs. The 49ers ended up winning the Super Bowl that year, and Young credits that game for getting the team solidly behind him--because of the way he battled.

This ain't a thread about menominee or steve young or montana....

this is about forfeiting the season...if you are gonna post that meaningless drivel, at least address the point of the thread.

Bretsky
10-06-2009, 01:17 AM
I forfeit the idea of having a top tier OL
I forfeit the idea of sweeping the division
and I forfeit homerism ! :lol:

channtheman
10-06-2009, 01:45 AM
Yeah fuck it. At this point fuck it. MM needs to be fired. TT needs to be fired. DC is a fucktard who doesn't know how to blitz. And the Packers will be worse than the Lions this year, mark my words. Fuck it all. Including the refs who are so full of shit it is coming out their ears. Oh yeah and forfeit the season too.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 03:27 AM
We have a good share of talent at the athletic positions; now in the offseason TTT may have to pull out his dictionary and look at that offseason thing some teams to to pull in guys like Steve Hutchinson and Darren Sharper to mix in with his developmental future studs.

I think the preseason had us all jumping the gun and thinking this team is closer than they might be.

I compared them to the Saints in the offseason. To me the teams had a lot of similarities. Except they've brought in some nice vets as well as of late. Right now they seem a solid step ahead of us

Ty thinks you that you are right on about acquiring free agents. And, i don't think TT will have to pull out the dictionary. I think that he will be comfortable doing it. Ty says this because we already saw how he reacted in the draft...most were surprised at him trading up. Ty was not.

TT will have a good idea of who can play in DC's defense and who can't. He will fill those positions thru the draft and free agency. Ty also thinks that the line is good, the LBs are solid enough and the secondary needs another CB and safety. So, we are really looking for 2 players..the CB and Safety. And, upgrading the LB. Now, here is what Ty also thinks....Kampman can bring us back a decent player that fits in our defensive scheme better than him....assuming that at the end of the season he still doesn't look comfortable and that we feel he won't make the jump the next year.

And, on offense...we are looking at getting a linemen or two...and possibly upgrading the rb.

Ty still believes this team is a 9-7/10-8 team. Worst case...8-8. And there seems to be a collective forgetting on this board that articles and opinion was that it would take some time for the defense to learn DC's system. Funny, how that is forgotten. ty remembers a certain thread extolling how great DC was...only idiots make judgements after a game or the preseason. You have to have a large enough sample size to make judgements.

Preseason: Ty was one of the few on this board that came out and said that preseason meant nothing and that we were game planning and other teams werent'. Lots of folks were down on Ty for saying this. Once poster was outright pissed that the packers almost lost to the Cards....like a preseason game mattered. Ty was right, they were wrong. Ty never bought into the preseason hype.

The other thing that Ty and only a few others (bobble for one) have said is that people are overrating our talent. Specifically, the WRs. Calling ours the best WR crew in the league. That is a laughable position...and complete homerism. Ty thinks we have some nice players...and some that may eventually prove their merit (jones and jordy), but anyone who thinks our receiving crew is the best is high.

Ty believes in a 5 year plan. This is year 5, however, Ty believes that it really is year 4 since TT didnt' get his own coach in right away. And, we had the Favre thing as well. Ty won't give TT slack on that..but, Ty will say it is year 4 of the MM regime.

channtheman
10-06-2009, 04:22 AM

Ty thinks you that you are right on about acquiring free agents. And, i don't think TT will have to pull out the dictionary. I think that he will be comfortable doing it. Ty says this because we already saw how he reacted in the draft...most were surprised at him trading up. Ty was not.

TT will have a good idea of who can play in DC's defense and who can't. He will fill those positions thru the draft and free agency. Ty also thinks that the line is good, the LBs are solid enough and the secondary needs another CB and safety. So, we are really looking for 2 players..the CB and Safety. And, upgrading the LB. Now, here is what Ty also thinks....Kampman can bring us back a decent player that fits in our defensive scheme better than him....assuming that at the end of the season he still doesn't look comfortable and that we feel he won't make the jump the next year.

And, on offense...we are looking at getting a linemen or two...and possibly upgrading the rb.

Ty still believes this team is a 9-7/10-8 team. Worst case...8-8. And there seems to be a collective forgetting on this board that articles and opinion was that it would take some time for the defense to learn DC's system. Funny, how that is forgotten. ty remembers a certain thread extolling how great DC was...only idiots make judgements after a game or the preseason. You have to have a large enough sample size to make judgements.

Preseason: Ty was one of the few on this board that came out and said that preseason meant nothing and that we were game planning and other teams werent'. Lots of folks were down on Ty for saying this. Once poster was outright pissed that the packers almost lost to the Cards....like a preseason game mattered. Ty was right, they were wrong. Ty never bought into the preseason hype.

The other thing that Ty and only a few others (bobble for one) have said is that people are overrating our talent. Specifically, the WRs. Calling ours the best WR crew in the league. That is a laughable position...and complete homerism. Ty thinks we have some nice players...and some that may eventually prove their merit (jones and jordy), but anyone who thinks our receiving crew is the best is high.

Ty believes in a 5 year plan. This is year 5, however, Ty believes that it really is year 4 since TT didnt' get his own coach in right away. And, we had the Favre thing as well. Ty won't give TT slack on that..but, Ty will say it is year 4 of the MM regime.

Good post. Agree with the receiving corp not really being that good. I guess Ruvell couldn't be a 2nd or 3rd on most teams like someone was once suggesting.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 04:52 AM
Ruvell: Look, Ty will be the first one to call out that poster for making ridiculous statements, but he wasn't the only one. There were numerous others, not as vigorous or as demonstrative, in defense of RM.

But, you are correct...it pretty much shows the level of homerism, overrating, or misjudging of talent. There is something about the pack that makes folks feel that every player is a bit better than others...or that every low round pick or free agent is a "find" and on his way to becoming a very good player. Hate to break it to you folks....but, low round picks and free agents are that for a reason. Yes, you can find a gem, but you are mostly polishing turds.

And, btw, RM had ZERO catches last week. Thanx for reminding Ty. I'll bump that thread.

pbmax
10-06-2009, 07:01 AM
I am sticking with my pre-season inflated prediction of 12-3-1.

All we need to do now is go 10-1-1 the rest of the way. Sign Levi Jones, hire Larry Beightol as Line Coach Emeritus, we'll be right as rain.

:oops: