PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Strangely Calm?

Chevelle2
10-05-2009, 11:45 PM
I got myself all jacked up for this game. I didn't think we would win before the game, even before the season, but nonetheless I was very excited come game-week.

That said, I am strangely at peace. I don't know why. My buddy I watched the game with said the same thing.

Lurker64
10-05-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm much less despondent than usual after a Vikings loss, but I'm also baking which always puts me in a good mood.

Bossman641
10-05-2009, 11:47 PM
I'm calm as well. I think I was more angry after the Bengals game

Zool
10-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Ditto. Went to a bar that was about 50/50 Packer/Viking fans. Had a good time with my friends. I never get too high or too low anymore about the Packers. Especially a road game in MN.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Ty is very calm. Like a mass murder before a rampage.

Chevelle2
10-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Im glad people aren't calling me crazy.

Maybe because I never really thought we would win.

Maybe because I have some close friends who are Viking fans, and who joked around with me about the game, but were never assholes about it.

Maybe because Im damn proud of Aaron Rodgers for hanging in there and playing very, very well.

Its probably all of those, I guess.

PlantPage55
10-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Very calm. I expected this to happen. I expect for us to win when they come to our house. It's just the way that it goes.

It was a big night for Brett - I expected him to win, because when he has a milestone ahead of him, he USUALLY gets it ASAP.

Packers4Glory
10-05-2009, 11:56 PM
i can accept a loss on the road esp in MIN. however i am not calm about this O-line and the penalties this team racks up on a game to game basis.

however at the same time this crappy Oline is the main reason I didn't expect to win. Its also why i don't expect the Packers will beat any team w/ a decent front 7.

its just frustrating to watch.

Chevelle2
10-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Very calm. I expected this to happen. I expect for us to win when they come to our house. It's just the way that it goes.

It was a big night for Brett - I expected him to win, because when he has a milestone ahead of him, he USUALLY gets it ASAP.

I just wish he coulda gotten all amped up for this game like he did vs SEA in 99 and @Dallas in 07.

Rastak
10-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Im glad people aren't calling me crazy.

Maybe because I never really thought we would win.

Maybe because I have some close friends who are Viking fans, and who joked around with me about the game, but were never assholes about it.

Maybe because Im damn proud of Aaron Rodgers for hanging in there and playing very, very well.

Its probably all of those, I guess.

I had some fun with some Pack fans that were from Kenosha before the game. They were pretty confident but 3 of the 4 were really cool. We talked a bit.

There was one hammered Pack fan in the middle of a busy intersection around seven corners screaming and yelling with his girlfriend tugging at his coat. That was amusing but other than that everyone was cool.

packerbacker1234
10-06-2009, 12:03 AM
I too am calm. We left some plays on the field, but when I think about it I never really got too upset. I sat there, watched Favre pick us apart, and felt strangely humbled. Not in that the packers made the wrong move before last season, but in that Favre was right all along - he can still play at a high level. I didn't expect to win, and I certaintly didn't expect Favre to be why we lost, be he was spot on tonight. We stopped AP, even got a fumble for a TD off him, and still we just couldn't compete.

I was strangely humbled. Something about #4 beating us just didn't piss me off like I thought it would. That sort of game was almost justification for me in what he has done hte last couple seasons to get there. I now get it, Favre is right where we he should be.

MOBB DEEP
10-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Ty is very calm. Like a mass murder before a rampage.

Serial killer?

8-)

steve823
10-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Pretty calm myself to..well football wise. Good game that showed lots of promise for us. Wish I wasn't stuck in my dorm with all retarded cowboy and bandwagon fans though lol.

I was thinking how crazy it would be to see a Packer v Viking playoff game if we or the Vikes make wildcard.

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 12:13 AM
That sort of game was almost justification for me in what he has done hte last couple seasons to get there. I now get it, Favre is right where we he should be.

Dude - it was one football game. Favre is still an asshole.

packerbacker1234
10-06-2009, 12:14 AM
I too am calm. We left some plays on the field, but when I think about it I never really got too upset. I sat there, watched Favre pick us apart, and felt strangely humbled. Not in that the packers made the wrong move before last season, but in that Favre was right all along - he can still play at a high level. I didn't expect to win, and I certaintly didn't expect Favre to be why we lost, be he was spot on tonight. We stopped AP, even got a fumble for a TD off him, and still we just couldn't compete.

I was strangely humbled. Something about #4 beating us just didn't piss me off like I thought it would. That sort of game was almost justification for me in what he has done hte last couple seasons to get there. I now get it, Favre is right where we he should be.

Yeah god the guy is a dick, wanting to put himself in a better position to win a Super Bowl.

Fuck, lets crucify him for making the smart career moves. God, screw Favre, he fucked the packers! Of course, the packers didn't want him back... so man lets hate favre! Fucker wants a ring, fuck.

It's time to get over it dude.

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 12:35 AM

Yeah god the guy is a dick, wanting to put himself in a better position to win a Super Bowl.

Fuck, lets crucify him for making the smart career moves. God, screw Favre, he fucked the packers! Of course, the packers didn't want him back... so man lets hate favre! Fucker wants a ring, fuck.

I wouldn't call dialing up Matt Millen during game week a smart career move. He's still an asshole.

channtheman
10-06-2009, 01:14 AM
I am at peace as well. We moved the ball on the long drives that everyone wanted. We just came away with 0 points. The refs had a bad call on us at the goal line to give the Vikings a TD. I think the offsides was just insurance.

I also find it annoying though how the refs throw flags way after the play is over. Like the Havner hold that was non existant on Jordy's nice kick return. Refs suck.

PlantPage55
10-06-2009, 01:30 AM

One thing is for sure - THIS guy isn't calm. :lol: Geez...damn Brett nut-huggers.

sunflower100
10-06-2009, 02:38 AM
i can accept a loss on the road esp in MIN. however i am not calm about this O-line and the penalties this team racks up on a game to game basis.

however at the same time this crappy Oline is the main reason I didn't expect to win. Its also why i don't expect the Packers will beat any team w/ a decent front 7.

The Packers have a BY week and then they play the Lions. Hopefully after this game they see something has to be done or the season is over.

Fritz
10-06-2009, 06:05 AM
I feel the same sense of calm. McCarthy has two weeks to get this team to regroup and set the ship aright.

I thought there were some positive signs in this game - this can be a good team, this year. The run defense was stout and when McCarthy gave the offensive line a chance to run block, they opened some holes.

My calm was disturbed only by McCarthy's asinine play calling. Does he know what a running play is?

Carolina_Packer
10-06-2009, 06:07 AM

I can't recall anyone on this forum saying thorugh all the saga that played out last year that they didn't think Brett could play anymore; perhaps there was some about him wearing down by season's end and not being clutch in the playoffs anymore. He can still dial it up,

The issue was always level of commitment. Retired or not? In or out? I think the Packers moving on said more about their confidence in Rodgers than their lack of confidence in Brett, save for the indecision he brought, which I'm sure was never easy. It was still the right move to make, even after seeing last night's game. A-Rod is going to have a good career, but perhaps not on the level of Favre, although they obviously need to fix the O-line or taylor the plays for quick developing plays that let the skill guys make plays, and perhaps try and pound the ball more. I'm disappointed we have injuries there, but the depth of response hasn't looked that great at times. However, that being said, if you know you can't create a big pocket; that they can't hold back the rush for too long, you can't call a lot of long-developing plays, or you have to make them respect the run more.

Brett is a little like Roger Clemens now. He wants to come in when it suits him (that's an observation more than a criticism, because if you've got the talent to have that be overlooked, but then you win, nobody on your team cares at that point). It's an enviable position for any player to be in, especially a QB, and the situation set up nicely for him to go to MN with their team being good and close to real contention, like Clemens going to NY on a team that is already developed. If there was no good fit out there like that, Favre may hae retired rather than keep playing. The only other really good fit was GB, and he wasn't going to come back once he had the stand-off and once the team was comfortable moving on with A-Rod. Now if they could just gel as an offensive line. Obviously Forrest Gregg, Jerry Kramer and company are not walking through that door to help, so they are just going to have to clean up their own problems with coaching, practice, technique, film study and hard work. They are who they are at this point and they can get better and gel. Teams can change and develop over a season and that unit in particular is going to have to get healthy and cohesive or the Packers won't have much of a playoff chance, which once again won't be A-Rod's fault.

What will we do then? Blame the offensive staff and remove a bunch of them? Come on! Fix the problem soon MM and staff. Get those guys healthy and call protections they can handle at this point. There are a lot of ways to get the ball to your skill guys that won't get your QB killed.

pbmax
10-06-2009, 07:02 AM
If by strangely calm you mean tired because I couldn't go to sleep last night, then yes, I am.

Badgerinmaine
10-06-2009, 07:20 AM
I'm closer to numb than calm this morning. But, with a night to get over the frustrations, and some time to peel away the emotions and hype, it seems less of a big deal than it did at the time. It's not the first time the Packers have lost an important game at Minnesota. There's a bye week to get people healthy and find some help to patch some holes. The next two games will be with Detroit (albeit a better Detroit team than last year) and Cleveland. I'm getting toward the acceptance stage on the stages of grieving hierarchy. :mrgreen:

PackerTimer
10-06-2009, 07:29 AM

I agree with this. I never really expected to win but there are some areas that this team has to get better at. If we don't get better play out of both lines this is going to be another 6-10 season.

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 07:39 AM
I saw a shooting star at 1:25am (ECT) prior to game and I didn't wish for a Packer win or BF to die :lol: Can't tell you what or it won't come true.

Calm only because I knew, or close to, that Packers would lose.

Plus my $$ on Vikes (sorry, it's a buisness too) came back with profits.

mission
10-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Im a bit more relaxed about this situation than I thought I would be ... ended up having a good group of friends with me at a little local sports bar and got absolutely shitfaced for $14 and somehow that included my girl's chili...

I really have a problem with MM's leadership... we can be 4-2 in a couple weeks and be sitting decent for a wild card spot ... this team really mystifies me :)

MOBB DEEP
10-06-2009, 08:40 AM
That said, I am strangely at peace. I don't know why

It's called keepn things in perspective; not always easy but once we evolve into individuals that view pro sports as MERE ENTERTAINMENT, like a Denzel movie, life's a lil more pleasant (e.g., i LOVED that jump pass aaron thru to fin for TD and I prefer to enjoy that instead of lamenting a loss since I couldnt/cant do anything about the team's performance)

For me, it initially was a defense mechanism to guard myself from gettn all emotional over something that i have NO control over (unlike improving my relationship with my daughter). I mean, whether or not pack/celtics/brewers/georgetown/favre wins I still gotta stay focused on what life's supposed to be about; self-sacrafice, pleasing God, helping to improve others' lives, etc...

Being delivered from the chains of fanaticsm was a BLESSING! Ive vowed to not let a win or loss steal my joy for more than an hour (used to be AT LEAST four days of walkn around moping)

win or lose, God's good

MichiganPackerFan
10-06-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm really looking forward to November 1. Maybe we can get some balanced officiating. A couple players recovered from injury, and some growth out of a young team. I would love to see pressure on Favre, but more than that, I would love to see Jared Allen completely taken out. I hate cheap-shot artists and as good of a player as he is, he has no need to take as many cheaps shots as he does. I didn't see many last night, but that guy is a fucker.

MOBB DEEP
10-06-2009, 09:01 AM
I would love to see Jared Allen completely taken out. I hate cheap-shot artists and as good of a player as he is, he has no need to take as many cheaps shots as he does.

Mich, I havnt seen this or heard this...

I wish hawk, etc had his motor though