PDA

View Full Version : 20 Sacks - 2 Safeties - 4 Games

Merlin
10-06-2009, 12:46 AM
but "we like who we have here" and "we hope to be successful" right Ted? It all starts with the offensive line - not a line that is offensive. The dipshit of the year award goes to? Mike McCarthy. Ryan Grant - 11 carries - 51 yards - 4.6 ave. RUN THE DAMN FOOTBALL. Wasn't it obvious that the pass protection sucked? HELLO - WHY PLAY THE RUN WHEN YOU DON'T RUN THE DAMN BALL!

Very disappointed and YES Aaron Rodgers should LEARN HOW TO PLAY FROM THE END ZONE.

channtheman
10-06-2009, 01:02 AM
We moved the ball down the field 3 possessions. Long drawn out drives that everyone wanted. Points scored on those drives = 0. That is the reason we lost.

Bretsky
10-06-2009, 01:12 AM
but "we like who we have here" and "we hope to be successful" right Ted? It all starts with the offensive line - not a line that is offensive. The dipshit of the year award goes to? Mike McCarthy. Ryan Grant - 11 carries - 51 yards - 4.6 ave. RUN THE DAMN FOOTBALL. Wasn't it obvious that the pass protection sucked? HELLO - WHY PLAY THE RUN WHEN YOU DON'T RUN THE DAMN BALL!

Very disappointed and YES Aaron Rodgers should LEARN HOW TO PLAY FROM THE END ZONE.

That 4.6 average is overrated imo; didn't he have a couple ten yards or so runs at the end when MN was in the prevent ?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 01:13 AM
Typical Merlin duplicity or stupidity.

Hmmm, Merlin suggest we should run the ball more based on Grants 51 yards and 5.1 ypc.

Really?

Until Grant sprang a 15 yarder late in the 4th...he had rushed 10 times for 36 yards. Hmm, 3.6 ypc. Yep, that is a running game to be depended upon. :oops:

Harlan Huckleby
10-06-2009, 01:14 AM
I just had a flashback to the time that Tex said Grant was as good as Peterson.

Bretsky
10-06-2009, 01:24 AM
Any fallacies of our RB, OL, or DL's being comparable to the Vikings should be gone now

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 01:40 AM
Any fallacies of our RB, OL, or DL's being comparable to the Vikings should be gone now

Excuse me, but Grant had a 5.1 ypc to AD's 2.2. Cleary, Grant is the superior back.

And, seeing that, it becomes obvious we have a better line for rushing than the Vikes. The facts don't lie.

channtheman
10-06-2009, 01:42 AM
Grant pisses me off. On that screen pass instead of running as fast as he can towards the end zone he dances all over the place and gets tackled around the 5. I'm not saying he would have scored but I sure think he easily gets to the 2 and maybe scores. Grant has no burst and runs slow. The exact opposite of AP.

Brohm
10-06-2009, 08:08 AM
It would be nice if someone on our team could deliver a blow on a regular basis (RB, DB, LB, anyone). Apart from 1 or 2 hits, this team just takes a beating and gets no yardage after contact.

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 08:10 AM
It would be nice if someone on our team could deliver a blow on a regular basis (RB, DB, LB, anyone). Apart from 1 or 2 hits, this team just takes a beating and gets no yardage after contact.

QUINN ? :P

Cheesehead Craig
10-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Grant pisses me off. On that screen pass instead of running as fast as he can towards the end zone he dances all over the place and gets tackled around the 5. I'm not saying he would have scored but I sure think he easily gets to the 2 and maybe scores. Grant has no burst and runs slow. The exact opposite of AP.
That play is BJack's bread and butter and he can run the hell out of that play. He would have been in the endzone, guaranteed.

Merlin
10-06-2009, 02:00 PM

Hmmm, Merlin suggest we should run the ball more based on Grants 51 yards and 5.1 ypc.

Really?

Until Grant sprang a 15 yarder late in the 4th...he had rushed 10 times for 36 yards. Hmm, 3.6 ypc. Yep, that is a running game to be depended upon. :oops:

The fact (yes FACT) is that the defense wasn't afraid of the run because we weren't running the damn ball. Grant had some nice carries in this game, more than 1 if you bothered to watch the game. Definitely not enough touches to make the defense even worry about the run. That is on McCarthy. No quick slants, nothing. Nothing to make this defense fear anything and everything to let them pin their ears back and go after Rodgers. Forget the stat padding late in the 4th, there was no way the Vikings would have lost that game. They sat back in what amounts to a prevent defense and didn't blitz, nothing - and they STILL got to Rodgers. There needs to be some wholesale changes in the offensive line and the play calling or Rodgers won't make it through the season.

Typical Ty ego. Has to bash someone when he has no facts to back himself up. Sometimes, I think it's better not to let those little voices in your head speak.

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 02:05 PM

Really?

Generally you keep giving him the rock so he eventually does break the long one and improve the YPC. It's not at all unusual for RB's have pedestrian YPC's when you factor out the longest run.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 02:39 PM

Really?

Generally you keep giving him the rock so he eventually does break the long one and improve the YPC. It's not at all unusual for RB's have pedestrian YPC's when you factor out the longest run.

the key word is of course "generally."

We have seen enough of Grant this season and last to know that more carries still equals average production.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 02:41 PM

Really?

The fact (yes FACT) is that the defense wasn't afraid of the run because we weren't running the damn ball. Grant had some nice carries in this game, more than 1 if you bothered to watch the game. Definitely not enough touches to make the defense even worry about the run. That is on McCarthy. No quick slants, nothing. Nothing to make this defense fear anything and everything to let them pin their ears back and go after Rodgers. Forget the stat padding late in the 4th, there was no way the Vikings would have lost that game. They sat back in what amounts to a prevent defense and didn't blitz, nothing - and they STILL got to Rodgers. There needs to be some wholesale changes in the offensive line and the play calling or Rodgers won't make it through the season.

Typical Ty ego. Has to bash someone when he has no facts to back himself up. Sometimes, I think it's better not to let those little voices in your head speak.

the defense was never afraid of the run..no matter how many times they run grant.

Nice runs: Really? How many? How long?

The rest of your argument has nothing to do with grant, so i'm not going to waste time on it.

Merlin
10-06-2009, 02:57 PM

Really?

the defense was never afraid of the run..no matter how many times they run grant.

The rest of your argument has nothing to do with grant, so i'm not going to waste time on it.

Whatever man, keep ignoring the facts like you always do when you are wrong.

Ryan Grant Rushes vs Minnesota:

Q1 - 4 Running plays for 16 yards 4 yds/carry
No gain
6 yards
3 yards
7 yards (penalty)

Q2 - 2 Running plays for 6 yards 3 yds /carry
7 yards
-1 yards

Q3 - 2 Running plays for 6 yards 3 yds/carry
2 yards
4 yards

Q4 - 3 Running plays for 25 yards 8.3 yds/carry
1 10 yards
1 no gain
1 15 yards

11 carries of which 5 went for at least 6 yards or more and all you need to do to move the chains is average more than 3.3 per carry. That assumes YOU RUN THE BALL. Statistically, the running game was effective when it was used and could have been more effective than it was. But you go ahead and throw away everything but that 15 yarder because that's all that counts.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 03:04 PM

Really?

Whatever man, keep ignoring the facts like you always do when you are wrong.

Ryan Grant Rushes vs Minnesota:

Q1 - 4 Running plays for 16 yards 4 yds/carry
No gain
6 yards
3 yards
7 yards (penalty)

Q2 - 2 Running plays for 6 yards 3 yds /carry
7 yards
-1 yards

Q3 - 2 Running plays for 6 yards 3 yds/carry
2 yards
4 yards

Q4 - 3 Running plays for 25 yards 8.3 yds/carry
1 10 yards
1 no gain
1 15 yards

11 carries of which 5 went for at least 6 yards or more and all you need to do to move the chains is average more than 3.3 per carry. That assumes YOU RUN THE BALL. Statistically, the running game was effective when it was used and could have been more effective than it was. But you go ahead and throw away everything but that 15 yarder because that's all that counts.

Wow. Your duplicity knows no ends.

1. You actually count a 7 yard run that had a penalty. LOL
2. Change Q1 to 3 yards a carry.
3. Yeah, Q2 another 3 yards a carry.
4. yeah, Q3, another 3 yards a carry.

Oh, look at that..in the 4th quarter..when we are down...and they want us to run...to burn up the clock..to not get a quick a strike....boom, he gets half his yards.

Half his yards on 2 carries in the 4th quarter.

And, while, yes, all you have to do is average 3.3 to equal 10 yards....sorry, it doesn't work that way in the nfl. No team is going to run a guy 3 consecutive times like that..and continue to doing that.

If it was that easy, everybody would be doing it..and the criteria for a good back wouldn't be over 4 yards a carry.

rbaloha1
10-06-2009, 03:23 PM
This is an embarrassing number. The Packers are fortunate to be 2-2 with a chance to be 4-0.

The threat of a run would be nice. If a running lane is available RG usually locates. BJ is a nice change of pace rb.

No doubt MM needs to dial-up more screens, draws, and shovel passes.

mraynrand
10-06-2009, 03:29 PM
This thread sucks. Grant basically had four runs before the game was two score difference in the third. Grant didn't have a chance to run the ball after Matthews scored and until they were down two TDs. Plus, the Packers weren't running the ball. McCarthy has had a similar game plan ever since he was a Packer coach and had to deal with Williamses at tackle: A pass heavy offense, geared to getting people outside. There is nothing surprising here. There is nothing to go on really, either way. I doubt Grant running more - even if it was successful would give the Packers better pass pressure on defense. And I'd rather have the 62 yard TD pass to Finley than 55 yards rushing from Grant and a field goal. It would be just as useful and exciting to have a discussion about how many different species of bacteria are in Skinbasket's intestines.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 03:32 PM
This is an embarrassing number. The Packers are fortunate to be 2-2 with a chance to be 4-0.

The threat of a run would be nice. If a running lane is available RG usually locates. BJ is a nice change of pace rb.

No doubt MM needs to dial-up more screens, draws, and shovel passes.

The threat is indeed what we have. We are no different, at this moment than the cards were last year.

SnakeLH2006
10-07-2009, 03:26 AM
Grant pisses me off. Grant has no burst and runs slow. The exact opposite of AP.

Yep. Yep. Yep. Glad I didn't have to type it...but yep.