PDA

View Full Version : Some of our players are junky

SkinBasket
10-06-2009, 07:51 AM
The SkinBasket saw a pretty good game last night. Well fought contest on the road that I would have looked at the schedule and chalked up to a loss even if Favre weren't playing for those fuckers. Despite some people claiming the Packer's were dominated in all facets of the game, I don't think that's accurate at all. It was a pretty balanced contest decided by in inordinate number of pivotal plays on both sides. Intangibles they call them. Well, intangibles and a real shitty offensive line.

That being said, we're four games in and some players who some people thought would be great or adequate are sucking cock on the field.

1) Deshawn Wynn: He made a block on a half hearted blitz last night against a DB. That's been the highlight of his season. I'm starting to miss Noah Herron. Or Morency. Or Tony fucking Fisher.

2) Chillar and Barnett. I'm grouping these two together because if you could take Barnett's head and put it on Chillar's body, we might have a serviceable LB. Even then, this new zombie LB might be better served to be headless. Barnett's body is slow and unresponsive. Chillar is an athlete, like some have claimed, but apparently he's too fucking dumb to run in the right direction every now and then. That and he likes turning his back to the play when blocked. Not sure if he's just giving up or he's getting ready in advance to chase the ball carrier down field.

3) Ryan Grant. Is sloooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww. Seems to have forgotten how to recognize a running lane as well. Yeah, he had a 4.5 YPC against the Vikings, but the Vikings obviously had a gameplan than wasn't very concerned about being beaten by Grant.

4) Our white FBs: They can't run that well. They miss blocks. Catching isn't their strong suit. 35 finally hit someone on special teams, but one nice ST tackle between them doesn't make them the ST demons that supposedly earned them both spots on the roster.

5) Jenkins: Has become the invisible man again. He sure looks nice in the preseason though.

6) Jarrett Bush: Man is he good at standing around the periphery of the field and looking busy. Sometimes this involves simply standing still and watching the other 10 guys play football on ST. Another ST "ace" that makes no special teams plays. The bonus is he can't play any defensive positions without looking like a retard.

7) That black guy who returns punts until he busts his leg every year: Ted really should have gotten a better grasp on this guy's propensity for injury before wasting a 4th round pick on him.

8) Jennings: Barely makes the list, but this guy has got to get open more. He wanted to be paid like a number one WR, now it's time to step up. Driver isn't demanding the attention he once did.

9) Aaron Rodgers facial hair: What's changed on the offense since the preseason? Yeah, they finally fired Ruvell Martin, but I'm talking about something that's actually important. Rodgers shaved. Stupid mistake.

Good game, but it exposed some of our players as pretenders. And some of our pretenders as sacks of poop. Time to heal up and practice blocking people and catching footballs that hit them in the hands for a couple weeks.

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Were not getting any push from our front 3 or 4 on D on passing downs. I thought they played the run incredibly well, but our guys made Bert look as elusive as Randall Cunningham in his prime last night.

Very disappointing.

SkinBasket
10-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Were not getting any push from our front 3 or 4 on D on passing downs. I thought they played the run incredibly well, but our guys made Bert look as elusive as Randall Cunningham in his prime last night.

Very disappointing.

That one time we blitzed worked out okay. Most of our LBs can't cover for shit and a couple of them can't figure out how to run into a running back, so why not give them something else to do and see if they suck at rushing the passer too.

Capers gave us all a huge hard on during the preseason with all that pressure created off the blitz. Now he's leaving us with blue balls when it counts.

Freak Out
10-06-2009, 11:58 AM
I could only watch about 20 seconds of the highlights on the NFL website before vomiting and bailing out but the first offensive play they show of the Packers says it all really....both tackles are worked in a flash and Rodgers is hammered and fumbles.

rbaloha1
10-06-2009, 12:02 PM
There is enough talent for the team to make the playoffs. Players are still slightly confused about the defensive schemes ie Kampman, Martin,etc.

Fritz
10-06-2009, 12:11 PM

Very disappointing.

That one time we blitzed worked out okay. Most of our LBs can't cover for shit and a couple of them can't figure out how to run into a running back, so why not give them something else to do and see if they suck at rushing the passer too.

Capers gave us all a huge hard on during the preseason with all that pressure created off the blitz. Now he's leaving us with blue balls when it counts.

I think Woodson is feeling the same way.

And after reading your comments about Wynn, I have to go take a dump.

Merlin
10-06-2009, 02:33 PM
The only thing I disagree with is that it was a good game, good if you are a Vikings fan maybe.

I was wondering why the entire offensive line, including backups wasn't included though.

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 02:34 PM
The only thing I disagree with is that it was a good game, good if you are a Vikings fan maybe.

I was wondering why the entire offensive line, including backups wasn't included though.

I agree with Merlin - it wasn't a good game. We hung tough and were scrappy, but got manhandled the entire game. It's no fun getting physically dominated.

SkinBasket
10-06-2009, 03:07 PM

I agree with Merlin - it wasn't a good game. We hung tough and were scrappy, but got manhandled the entire game. It's no fun getting physically dominated.

I find it hard to concede we were physically dominated taking into consideration how we held Peterson and the other RBs on defense (especially at the end of the game) and Harvin on ST. I think the team simply made mistakes and did not execute on a technical level more than they were beat up or manhandled.

The Cincinnati game was a perfect example of being physically dominated. This seemed like more of a technical defeat due to better execution on the offensive side by Minnesota.

I don't think it was that bad of a game considering we were playing on the road in about as highly charged an atmosphere you'll find outside of the play-offs this season and still had more than one chance to tie at the end.

I didn't include the O line because they've got enough attention elsewhere. Though, I suppose even then they did get this mention:

Well, intangibles and a real shitty offensive line.

CaptainKickass
10-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Some of our players are junky

I guess that's better than some of our players being "Junkies".

bobblehead
10-06-2009, 05:38 PM

Very disappointing.

as i said in another post...was it vanilla bob or does mccarthy game plan it that way and out D coordinator is just playing it out. In 15 years or so dom never has been known to spend an entire game rushing 3 and sometimes 4 guys.

bobblehead
10-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Oh yea, and I think Cullen Jenkins is one of very few bright spots. I thought he has played REALLY well. On passing downs he is often double teamed...which is possible when you only send 3 guys.