PDA

View Full Version : The 1st quarter of the season is behind us, now what?

Dabaddestbear
10-06-2009, 02:35 PM
At the beginning of the season many of you stated how great the Packer’s offense was going to be in compared to the Bears because the Bears had no WR's. You all said the Marinelli being hired as an assistant coach was a joke since he could do nothing with the Lions, and that he would not improve the defense. I remember you all saying the Bears D was too old and could not make the same impact it once did. Many of you said how Cutler would not fare well behind the Bears offensive line because it was terrible and that he would miss being in Denver where he rarely got sacked. And when I told you all that he was the reason for not being sacked because of his quick release and mobility more so than the O-line, you laughed and came back with some apple and oranges rebuttal. Most of you said that Cutler would not help the Bears because of his attitude that was proclaimed terrible because of his facial expressions! :shock:

But fast-forward to today...
Cutler has did nothing but win games for the Bears...aside from week one he has been great. NFL Network reported that Jay Cutler has the NFL's highest completion percentage in his last 10 quarters (disregarding the first half train wreck in week 1).

Sacks have been low for the Bears, although the line has not been great at run blocking , they have been serviceable in pass protection…compared to the Packers Rodgers that has players of each upcoming opposing team salivating at what a career day they will have sacking him. Bears WR's have been shining week in week out. They keep coming up with big plays. Leading up to last week they and the Patriots are the only teams to have at least 3 WR’s with over 175 yards a piece! The Bears defensive line has been monsters getting pressure on the QB and dominating opponents after second half adjustments. Oh, and Cutler’s attitude has been about nothing but winning, and he has showed this no matter how ugly his face looks on the sideline. So now the 1st quarter of the season is out of the way, and the Bears are looking like a team on the rise, while the Packers are looking like a team trying to fin d a way. Lesson learned, never debate me with senseless logic about football or anything for that matter, for I will bring the truth right back to you every chance I get.

Zool
10-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

channtheman
10-06-2009, 03:41 PM
At the beginning of the season many of you stated how great the Packer’s offense was going to be in compared to the Bears because the Bears had no WR's. You all said the Marinelli being hired as an assistant coach was a joke since he could do nothing with the Lions, and that he would not improve the defense. I remember you all saying the Bears D was too old and could not make the same impact it once did. Many of you said how Cutler would not fare well behind the Bears offensive line because it was terrible and that he would miss being in Denver where he rarely got sacked. And when I told you all that he was the reason for not being sacked because of his quick release and mobility more so than the O-line, you laughed and came back with some apple and oranges rebuttal. Most of you said that Cutler would not help the Bears because of his attitude that was proclaimed terrible because of his facial expressions! :shock:

Cutler has did nothing but win games for the Bears...aside from week one he has been great. NFL Network reported that Jay Cutler has the NFL's highest completion percentage in his last 10 quarters (disregarding the first half train wreck in week 1).

Sacks have been low for the Bears, although the line has not been great at run blocking , they have been serviceable in pass protection…compared to the Packers Rodgers that has players of each upcoming opposing team salivating at what a career day they will have sacking him. Bears WR's have been shining week in week out. They keep coming up with big plays. Leading up to last week they and the Patriots are the only teams to have at least 3 WR’s with over 175 yards a piece! The Bears defensive line has been monsters getting pressure on the QB and dominating opponents after second half adjustments. Oh, and Cutler’s attitude has been about nothing but winning, and he has showed this no matter how ugly his face looks on the sideline. So now the 1st quarter of the season is out of the way, and the Bears are looking like a team on the rise, while the Packers are looking like a team trying to fin d a way. Lesson learned, never debate me with senseless logic about football or anything for that matter, for I will bring the truth right back to you every chance I get.

If the Packers and Bears were in opposite spots, I really doubt you would be posting this topic. Hell, if we had won last night I doubt you would be making this topic. Cut the BS.

mraynrand
10-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Now all we need is BEARMAN

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/typicalbearstroll1.jpg

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Cutler has did nothing but win games for the Bears...

He has did nothing? :lol:

Fritz
10-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Now what? Now they play the second quarter of the season, and then we see where things are.

swede
10-06-2009, 04:45 PM

Awesome!

Of all the people shot by insane spouses why did one have to be Phil Hartman? :(

red
10-06-2009, 04:46 PM

not at all, they could be carried

Iron Mike
10-06-2009, 05:38 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/LOL-SULKY-QB.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 05:40 PM

Every time I try to talk to someone it's "sorry this" and "forgive me that" and "I'm not worthy"...

bobblehead
10-06-2009, 05:44 PM

Remember the movie coming to america with eddie murphy playing 4 roles in the barber shop??

All I know is we whooped da bears ass!!

Cheesehead Craig
10-06-2009, 06:05 PM

Every time I try to talk to someone it's "sorry this" and "forgive me that" and "I'm not worthy"...

I fart in your general direction!

Bretsky
10-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Still don't fear Cutler too much

Bossman641
10-06-2009, 07:46 PM

Hahah

Hilarious

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 08:06 PM

I bet you're gay.

swede
10-06-2009, 10:47 PM

I bet you're gay.

If so, listen for the telltale "ffffft!" when he farts.

Zool
10-06-2009, 11:03 PM

I bet you're gay.

Dingo: There is only 1 punishment for setting alight the grail shaped beacon. You must tie her down on the bed and give her a good spanking. And then.....spank me (and me! and me! and me!)

Yes he will give us all a good spanking. And after the spanking.....the oral sex.

Sir Gallahad: Well I could stay a bit longer.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Look, it's my duty as a knight to sample as much peril as I can.

SnakeLH2006
10-07-2009, 03:14 AM
DaBaddestBear. I liked your new avatar then you took it down. This fits you, no?

http://memegenerator.net/Thumbnails/325/208x228_Youth-Mentor-Bear-SUCK-COCKS-FOR-FUN.jpg

Seems fitting and happy enough, no? I doubt any Rats would argue with your "out the closet" life choice. We might hate the Bears, but that would so wrong to hate on your life-style. It's no worse than your completely offensive avatar picking on disabilities, no? Speak on tough guy, speak on..... :roll:

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2009, 10:40 AM

If the Packers and Bears were in opposite spots, I really doubt you would be posting this topic. Hell, if we had won last night I doubt you would be making this topic. Cut the BS.
Of course I wouldnt be posting this if those were the case scenarios....lol.
It would be no reason to because that would mean the Packers are playing better, and those kool-aid drinkers would be all right....But we all know that is not the case. :wink:

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2009, 10:40 AM

But win. :wink:

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Now what? Now they play the second quarter of the season, and then we see where things are.
Yes, you are right fritz. But I wonder will there continue to be outrages predicitions for each team with no logical reasoning behind it now. Or are we all a little more humbled now?

bobblehead
10-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Yes, you are right fritz. But I wonder will there continue to be outrages predicitions for each team with no logical reasoning behind it now. Or are we all a little more humbled now?

There was plenty of reason behind the predictons. In the preseason our first team offense marched right down the field almost EVERY possession and our D pretty much shut everyones first team down.

Its not like we looked for shit and we all predicted big things. :?:

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Still don't fear Cutler too much
You dont have to. But there are several other QB's you still have to face this year that maybe you should fear.

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2009, 11:16 AM

There was plenty of reason behind the predictons. In the preseason our first team offense marched right down the field almost EVERY possession and our D pretty much shut everyones first team down.

Its not like we looked for shit and we all predicted big things. :?:
So true. But the predictions that Cutler was going to suck, after he just came off a good season was bananas. He was going to get sacked much more, the WR's was going to suck although NONE of you saw them play..ect...
So yes, some of the predictions I can undersatnd, but others were clearly unwarranted.

MichiganPackerFan
10-07-2009, 12:12 PM

Part of the fun of football is that almost all teams have a chance to win it all. Naturally people are high on and excited about their team in the offseason. Naturally that wears off for 31 teams as the season and post season unravel.

This is not baseball, basketball or hockey, where you write off two-thirds of the teams' seasons before the first pitch, tip-off or face-off has ever occurred.

That's part of excitement of football. And if you're not excited in the offseason, it generally means you're a Lions, Browns or Chiefs fan.

Fritz
10-07-2009, 12:23 PM

We? You and me?

I don't know. I can't speak for you.

If you mean do I feel that the Packers are not the team I thought they were - no, I don't feel humbled.

Go back if you'd like and check the preseason predictions. Most people were talking about a 10-6 kind of year.

I still think it's going to be that kind of year.

I also wrote - as did several others - that Favre would no doubt be lights out from time to time. He has been - from time to time. It remains to be seen if he will be lights out all season long.

And if it's not a 10-6 year, if the team goes to hell, well, then the president of the team will have some tough decisions.

Are you feeling humble about the Bears losing to the Packers?

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2009, 10:12 PM

We? You and me?

If you mean do I feel that the Packers are not the team I thought they were - no, I don't feel humbled.

Go back if you'd like and check the preseason predictions. Most people were talking about a 10-6 kind of year.

I also wrote - as did several others - that Favre would no doubt be lights out from time to time. He has been - from time to time. It remains to be seen if he will be lights out all season long.

And if it's not a 10-6 year, if the team goes to hell, well, then the president of the team will have some tough decisions.

I have been humbled that our running game have been subpar. The Bears loss to the Packers was humbling, but its been nice to see them step it up from week one and consistently show progress. Can you say the same about the Packers?

Fritz
10-07-2009, 10:20 PM
My penis is bigger than yours. :lol:

channtheman
10-08-2009, 01:01 AM

We? You and me?

I have been humbled that our running game have been subpar. The Bears loss to the Packers was humbling, but its been nice to see them step it up from week one and consistently show progress. Can you say the same about the Packers?

I feel the offense stepped up in the Vikings game yet they just weren't able to finish drives. That was the first game this year where I felt like our offense was able to move the ball.

Dabaddestbear
10-08-2009, 04:32 AM
My penis is bigger than yours. :lol: :oops:

MJZiggy
10-08-2009, 06:21 AM
My penis is bigger than yours. :lol:

Oh? Has that been properly inspected? :mrgreen:

Fritz
10-08-2009, 06:49 AM
That's right . . . you're certified . . . :D

MJZiggy
10-08-2009, 06:55 AM
I normally only inspect Packers, but for you I'd make an exception. 8-)

Dabaddestbear
10-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Only on Packer Rats. :shock:

MJZiggy
10-08-2009, 06:57 PM

Sorry, the exception does not extend to Bear fans.

SnakeLH2006
10-09-2009, 01:53 AM
DBB has always been an exception...

Dabaddestbear
10-10-2009, 08:42 AM

Sorry, the exception does not extend to Bear fans.
And for that I thank you!

Iron Mike
10-25-2009, 10:48 PM
So true. But the predictions that Cutler was going to suck, after he just came off a good season was bananas. He was going to get sacked much more, the WR's was going to suck although NONE of you saw them play..ect...
So yes, some of the predictions I can understand, but others were clearly unwarranted.

Right now, Cutler has more picks than the Bears do in the next three drafts. :lol:

channtheman
10-26-2009, 12:22 AM
So yes, some of the predictions I can understand, but others were clearly unwarranted.

Right now, Cutler has more picks than the Bears do in the next three drafts. :lol:

I was thinking about this thread. What a perfect way to bump it! :lol:

Pugger
10-26-2009, 10:25 AM

:rs: :lol: :lol:

Scott Campbell
10-26-2009, 10:38 AM
ROFL

Nice one Mike.

Funny how DBB has gone AWOL.

MichiganPackerFan
10-26-2009, 10:40 AM
ROFL

Nice one Mike.

I actually thought he might show up after as much shit as he talked after our week two loss. However, that was a pretty embarrassing beating they took last night, so if he's home mourning, that's perfectly understandable. Probably should be taking the day off to nurse a vicious hangover.

Dabaddestbear
10-27-2009, 07:59 AM
ROFL

Nice one Mike.

I actually thought he might show up after as much shit as he talked after our week two loss. However, that was a pretty embarrassing beating they took last night, so if he's home mourning, that's perfectly understandable. Probably should be taking the day off to nurse a vicious hangover.

Well I'm baaaack!

I actually thought of all you wonderful ladies and gents after the Bears complete beat down. How great of the Bears to allow me to enjoy my two week vacation back home in Chicago with a complete beat down. Yes it was embarrsing and I have no excuses for whay they loss since I blame all the players on both sides of the ball and the coaches. They stunk it pretty bad and Cleveland could not be coming at a better time.

By the way this is the first time at a PC since last Thursday, and I would have posted from my blackberry, but that would have been too much typing on those tiny keys. And yes I had a hangover alright, but it wasnt from drinking(cuz I dont drink), it was from a pounding headache caused from screaming at the TV during the game!

So to sum it all up I'm here to take my lumps cuz be assured I love giving them out. Go ahead, give me all you got, for today and until the Bears show me something more, I cannot defend anything in regards to that lump of stink they displayed in Cincy, and even if they beat the lowly Browns my confidence will not be restored until I see a streak put together.

Well, I have a few days left of my vacation...I will enjoy it...I think. :roll:

Scott Campbell
10-27-2009, 08:03 AM
Hmmm. Good post.

pbmax
10-27-2009, 08:16 AM
ROFL

Nice one Mike.

Well I'm baaaack!

I actually thought of all you wonderful ladies and gents after the Bears complete beat down. How great of the Bears to allow me to enjoy my two week vacation back home in Chicago with a complete beat down. Yes it was embarrsing and I have no excuses for whay they loss since I blame all the players on both sides of the ball and the coaches. They stunk it pretty bad and Cleveland could not be coming at a better time.

By the way this is the first time at a PC since last Thursday, and I would have posted from my blackberry, but that would have been too much typing on those tiny keys. And yes I had a hangover alright, but it wasnt from drinking(cuz I dont drink), it was from a pounding headache caused from screaming at the TV during the game!

So to sum it all up I'm here to take my lumps cuz be assured I love giving them out. Go ahead, give me all you got, for today and until the Bears show me something more, I cannot defend anything in regards to that lump of stink they displayed in Cincy, and even if they beat the lowly Browns my confidence will not be restored until I see a streak put together.

Well, its no fun to bash the Bears if you are going to beat us to it.

I mentioned this to BEARMAN in his thread. Your defense is aging at spots. Has that aging contributed to injuries, or are the injuries on D distributed to young and old alike? Urlacher isn't a spring chicken, for instance, but Pisa is pretty young isn't he?

KYPack
10-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Guess it's time to crawl out of my cave and post, too. DBB, I didn't think you had it in ya. You actually do watch the games, I thought you were just a garden variety troll.

Needless to say, I had a fantastic Sunday. Went to the Packer bar and watched the Pack dissect the Mangini Browns. Then I walked the bridge, into Ohio and saw the Bengals flat out fillet the Bears. All kinds of fans were saying "why are we playing the Bears and the Packers are playing the Browns?"

Couple impressions from the Bear game. The Bear safeties really suck. Mac and Rodgers should craft their gameplan for Chi from that Bengal tape. Carson Palmer was really on. The Bengals would go three wide and Palmer would throw to the WR covered by either the Safety or the slot corner. Tillman is still a decent CB, but he can't do it by himself.

The Bengals mainly run power gap in their run O & man it worked. They chipped the TE on Ogunleye and it worked like a champ. Benson is espec adept and waiting for the hole to develop and breaking to daylight. We outta dust off our old power O and run the hell out of that play with Grant.

Orlando pace in on his last legs and can be edge rushed effectively now. He is still strong, but he's slow like an old bull elephant.

The big thing was the Bears emotion. They must not like Cincinnati chili. They were flatter than two-day old beer all game. The game really brought a problem with Cutler that I've always noticed. He's a sunshine soldier. When his team is down by a couple scores, he pouts like a two year old. On 5 or 6 occasions, he walked off the field slowly, head down like a whiny baby.

That will probably be their worst game of the year, but the Pack and the Bengals are pretty similar teams. If we can get Driver and jennings going, the Bears are real vulnerable to that kind of passing attack. I know they will be ready for us at Soldier Field, I don't think they could get as flat as they did Sunday if they tried.

Dabaddestbear
10-27-2009, 10:10 AM
ROFL

Nice one Mike.

Well I'm baaaack!

Well, its no fun to bash the Bears if you are going to beat us to it.

I mentioned this to BEARMAN in his thread. Your defense is aging at spots. Has that aging contributed to injuries, or are the injuries on D distributed to young and old alike? Urlacher isn't a spring chicken, for instance, but Pisa is pretty young isn't he?
Like I said before, I refuse to make excuses for this loss. A college team could have put up more fight. They just looked lost and disturbed out there. Injuries or not, against Cincy they looked terrible in all phases. Well, ok, special teams looked ok. :oops:

Dabaddestbear
10-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Guess it's time to crawl out of my cave and post, too. DBB, I didn't think you had it in ya. You actually do watch the games, I thought you were just a garden variety troll.

Needless to say, I had a fantastic Sunday. Went to the Packer bar and watched the Pack dissect the Mangini Browns. Then I walked the bridge, into Ohio and saw the Bengals flat out fillet the Bears. All kinds of fans were saying "why are we playing the Bears and the Packers are playing the Browns?"

Couple impressions from the Bear game. The Bear safeties really suck. Mac and Rodgers should craft their gameplan for Chi from that Bengal tape. Carson Palmer was really on. The Bengals would go three wide and Palmer would throw to the WR covered by either the Safety or the slot corner. Tillman is still a decent CB, but he can't do it by himself.

The Bengals mainly run power gap in their run O & man it worked. They chipped the TE on Ogunleye and it worked like a champ. Benson is espec adept and waiting for the hole to develop and breaking to daylight. We outta dust off our old power O and run the hell out of that play with Grant.

Orlando pace in on his last legs and can be edge rushed effectively now. He is still strong, but he's slow like an old bull elephant.

The big thing was the Bears emotion. They must not like Cincinnati chili. They were flatter than two-day old beer all game. The game really brought a problem with Cutler that I've always noticed. He's a sunshine soldier. When his team is down by a couple scores, he pouts like a two year old. On 5 or 6 occasions, he walked off the field slowly, head down like a whiny baby.

That will probably be their worst game of the year, but the Pack and the Bengals are pretty similar teams. If we can get Driver and jennings going, the Bears are real vulnerable to that kind of passing attack. I know they will be ready for us at Soldier Field, I don't think they could get as flat as they did Sunday if they tried.
Well lets just hope MM does not pay attention to the tape and overlook the Bears when the Pack plays them again. :wink:

And Yes our safeties were always a concern even coming into the season. And the O-line is getting worse and worse. You think you guys complain about your line, you should see what the Bear fans have to deal with. And in regards to Cutler, not many QB's in this league can keep a smile on their face after the defense allows you to go down 28-0...lol. Hell, I would be pouting also!

Scott Campbell
10-27-2009, 10:27 AM
How bout that Kyle Orton. He's the toast of the league. Sorta like the Bears secondary, but it a good way.

You'll feel better after the Browns next week.

Dabaddestbear
10-27-2009, 10:34 AM
How bout that Kyle Orton. He's the toast of the league. Sorta like the Bears secondary, but it a good way.

You'll feel better after the Browns next week.
That defense and O-line is the toast of the league.
And no, I will not feel better after a win against the Browns. I will feel better when they consistently beat anyone other the basement dwellers.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Does Angelo and the coaching staff get any crap from Bear fans over this?

1) Cedric Benson 720 yards
4) Thomas Jones 602 yards
25) Matt Forte 318 yards

Zool
10-27-2009, 12:55 PM

25) Matt Forte 318 yards

Yeah no shit. Forte is killing my fantasy team. Just another reason to hate the Bears.

On the Cinci game, the Bungles got up 21-0 and the Bears team shit the bed. They completely gave up. The Saints got down 24-3 and still came back to win because they didn't look like they gave up. Attitude means quite a bit I guess.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2009, 12:59 PM

25) Matt Forte 318 yards

Yeah no shit. Forte is killing my fantasy team. Just another reason to hate the Bears.

On the Cinci game, the Bungles got up 21-0 and the Bears team shit the bed. They completely gave up. The Saints got down 24-3 and still came back to win because they didn't look like they gave up. Attitude means quite a bit I guess.

You drafted a Bear????

Freak Out
10-27-2009, 01:02 PM
I have always thought Cutler was a horrible leader on the field and his attitude would kill a team if they got to losing. He really needs some good coaching or he"ll implode in the next couple of years.

Dabaddestbear
10-28-2009, 11:06 AM

25) Matt Forte 318 yards
Not about the RB's . The Bear fans are all upset over the O-line's lack of push and production. Pace seems to be getting worse and worse. Trust me, Benson needed to be cut just so he could see the light that he can become expendable if doesn't produce. And ironically they let Jones go in order to satisfy and pacify Benson because the two did not get along.

No RB would be good behind this O-line as it stands.

Bossman641
10-28-2009, 11:17 AM

25) Matt Forte 318 yards
Not about the RB's . The Bear fans are all upset over the O-line's lack of push and production. Pace seems to be getting worse and worse. Trust me, Benson needed to be cut just so he could see the light that he can become expendable if doesn't produce. And ironically they let Jones go in order to satisfy and pacify Benson because the two did not get along.

That left side of the Bear line is a disaster. Omiyale is just horrible and Pace is obviously on his last legs.

I live in IL and can't even tell you the number of Bears fans I know who were thrilled about getting Pace and Cutler (2 PRO BOWL PLAYERS!!!!). The majority wouldn't listen when I would argue that he is old, injured, and was let go by the Rams.

Can't help but laugh now.

Scott Campbell
10-28-2009, 12:02 PM

25) Matt Forte 318 yards

I imagine they could have salvaged one of those 2 guys and plugged another hole with the pick they used on Forte.

sharpe1027
10-28-2009, 12:07 PM

25) Matt Forte 318 yards

That left side of the Bear line is a disaster. Omiyale is just horrible and Pace is obviously on his last legs.

I live in IL and can't even tell you the number of Bears fans I know who were thrilled about getting Pace and Cutler (2 PRO BOWL PLAYERS!!!!). The majority wouldn't listen when I would argue that he is old, injured, and was let go by the Rams.

Pace is the same player many people pointed as an example of someone the Packers should have gone after in FA. No thanks.

ThunderDan
10-28-2009, 01:38 PM

25) Matt Forte 318 yards

Seem to remember telling you in the preseason that Pace was toast and easily beaten with the outside speed rush in his old age.

I was basically told your nuts. :oops:

Dabaddestbear
10-28-2009, 05:48 PM

25) Matt Forte 318 yards

Seem to remember telling you in the preseason that Pace was toast and easily beaten with the outside speed rush in his old age.

I was basically told your nuts. :oops:
I may have had hope for him, but I never called you nuts...lol.
But oh, how my hope have been squandered... :oops:

Dabaddestbear
10-28-2009, 05:53 PM

25) Matt Forte 318 yards

It was just reported that Omiyale has been replaced on the depth chart with Beekman. Not a huge upgrade, but cannot be worse. Beekman only lost the starting spot because of the money Omiyale was getting paid because he was starting throughout the entire off-season and pre-season.

Dabaddestbear
10-28-2009, 05:57 PM

25) Matt Forte 318 yards

I imagine they could have salvaged one of those 2 guys and plugged another hole with the pick they used on Forte.
Forte is not a world beater, but he is much better than what has been on display because of the inept O-Line play. But I have to admit to the people that felt Pace was washed up, like I said before, I was just hoping he had a year left in him. :(

Brandon494
10-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Matt Forte is Ryan Grant with better hands

ThunderDan
10-28-2009, 09:49 PM
But the O-line has been real solid. It stood up to the Giants front four very well, and blew them off the ball consistently. And no one will ever compare the Packers D-linemen to that of the Giants. Our second year high draft pick tackle was blowing Tuck off the ball all night!
Yes, Pace was getting beat in the Denver game, but still did not give up a sack. Besides that Denver game was like a playoff game for Denver. They were playing with some real intensity. Even coaches on both sides of the ball said they had never been involved in a pre-season game like that one.

I think this was your response to me saying Pace is less than stellar.

Bossman641
10-28-2009, 10:01 PM
But the O-line has been real solid. It stood up to the Giants front four very well, and blew them off the ball consistently. And no one will ever compare the Packers D-linemen to that of the Giants. Our second year high draft pick tackle was blowing Tuck off the ball all night!
Yes, Pace was getting beat in the Denver game, but still did not give up a sack. Besides that Denver game was like a playoff game for Denver. They were playing with some real intensity. Even coaches on both sides of the ball said they had never been involved in a pre-season game like that one.

I think this was your response to me saying Pace is less than stellar.

Actually there is a big thread from back in April when Pace was signed. DBB was on cloud 9 then. Not gonna bump it, but take a look for yourself.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=17183&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=pace&start=0

Tyrone Bigguns
10-29-2009, 01:56 AM
DBB with the classic Candide like retort:

Uh, he (Pace) was injured last year, but not washed up. He was cut because of cap reasons. and he is still a major upgrade to the turnstile we had at LT last year, and our rookie tackle last year, will be on the right side with the FA signing from cleveland(who is very solid as a RT) will be the swing tackle. The most two important parts of the offense just got a tremendous upgrade in one big day for the Bears.

Pace...TREMENDOUS UPGRADE. :lol:

SnakeLH2006
10-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Matt Forte is Ryan Grant

Snake agrees. Sux for Bears and Packer fans. :shock:

Iron Mike
11-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Cutler has did nothing but win games for the Bears...aside from week one he has been great.

If by "great" you mean taking over the lead in INTs from Del Homme, then yes, I agree.......Cutler is AWESOME at throwing interceptions.

I will bring the truth right back to you every chance I get.

Could you please tell me the truth again how the Packers are regressing this season while the Bears improve from week to week??? :roll:

channtheman
11-23-2009, 03:11 AM
Cutler has did nothing but win games for the Bears...aside from week one he has been great.

If by "great" you mean taking over the lead in INTs from Del Homme, then yes, I agree.......Cutler is AWESOME at throwing interceptions.

Could you please tell me the truth again how the Packers are regressing this season while the Bears improve from week to week??? :roll:

Well Dabaddestbear, you should have known to come on here and talk trash while the Bears keep the Lions company at the bottom of the division. A Bears fan at a game said once "As a Bears fan, you just have to learn to embrace the suck." How fitting after the Bears blow a lead Sunday night!

Lurker64
11-23-2009, 03:14 AM
Well, it would be interesting to figure out under laboratory conditions how much of the Bears struggles on offense are due to the fact that their offensive line consists of two holograms, two inflatable dolls, and an Orlando Pace-shaped piñata.

Their defense is getting old too. It's odd timing that the Bears just spent a lot to obtain their "franchise QB" right before it was time to blow the whole thing up and go into rebuilding mode.

channtheman
11-23-2009, 03:35 AM
Well, it would be interesting to figure out under laboratory conditions how much of the Bears struggles on offense are due to the fact that their offensive line consists of two holograms, two inflatable dolls, and an Orlando Pace-shaped piñata.

Their defense is getting old too. It's odd timing that the Bears just spent a lot to obtain their "franchise QB" right before it was time to blow the whole thing up and go into rebuilding mode.

Yeah, and it's a little hard to get that rebuild mode going when you gave up the next 2 drafts for that franchise QB.

mraynrand
11-23-2009, 07:09 AM
Keep gloating, but the Bears didn't lose by much to Philly, and the Packers still play 'em down there. In that rivalry, anything is possible, especially since Lovie almost always out-coaches Stubby.

pbmax
11-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Bear D is still fast and Tillman's numbers on turnovers caused are incredible.

But the Bears O line is a cautionary tale of counting on Free Agents.

channtheman
12-07-2009, 11:53 PM
After 3/4 of the season I would much rather be in the playoff hunt then sitting where the Bears are.

Iron Mike
12-07-2009, 11:55 PM
http://www.bearsstillsuck.com/chif.gif

pack4to84
12-08-2009, 04:48 AM
"Dabaddestbear"]At the beginning of the season many of you stated how great the Packer’s offense was going to be in compared to the Bears because the Bears had no WR's. You all said the Marinelli being hired as an assistant coach was a joke since he could do nothing with the Lions, and that he would not improve the defense. I remember you all saying the Bears D was too old and could not make the same impact it once did. Many of you said how Cutler would not fare well behind the Bears offensive line because it was terrible and that he would miss being in Denver where he rarely got sacked. And when I told you all that he was the reason for not being sacked because of his quick release and mobility more so than the O-line, you laughed and came back with some apple and oranges rebuttal. Most of you said that Cutler would not help the Bears because of his attitude that was proclaimed terrible because of his facial expressions! :shock:

After reading this man where Packer fans right.
1.Bears had no WR's true
2.You all said the Marinelli being hired as an assistant coach was a joke true
3. I remember you all saying the Bears D was too old and could not make the same impact it once did. True
4. Cutler would not fare well behind the Bears offensive line true

mraynrand
12-08-2009, 05:45 AM
Cutler has did nothing but win games for the Bears

Scott Campbell
12-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Cutler. :lol:

Iron Mike
12-08-2009, 07:51 AM
http://purplejesus.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/sadfacecutler.jpg

Iron Mike
12-13-2009, 12:12 PM

Can someone photoshop Dabaddestbear's avatar on here??

http://blog.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/2007/10/medium_milk_carton_PSU.jpg

Iron Mike
12-13-2009, 03:33 PM

But throw the most INTs for a Chicago QB in the last 60 years.:wink:

Fixed. :P