PDA

View Full Version : Mark Tauscher News

Chevelle2
10-06-2009, 03:09 PM
jasonjwilde Ex-Packers RT Mark Tauscher is in GB after working out for the team earlier today, per NFL source. Unclear if he'll be signed.

red
10-06-2009, 03:17 PM
thank god

at least they've finally brought him in

CaptainKickass
10-06-2009, 03:18 PM
I'll take Tausher for 500 Alex.

Bring back the bookends - Cliffy gets healthy and we get a serviceable Tauscher back - maybe we still can pass the damn ball while not murdering Arod.

I am all about bringing back Tauscher right now.

imscott72
10-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Great news. Now let's just hope TT will sign him if he's good to go.

rbaloha1
10-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes!

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 03:38 PM
What can Taush deliver? Is he healed? I hope Taush can help the Pack; if he is signed that is :roll:

Chevelle2
10-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Signing imminent!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/06/packers-bringing-back-tauscher/

Cheesehead Craig
10-06-2009, 04:23 PM
This news is actually arousing me.

sheepshead
10-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Whats a Tauscher?

red
10-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Signing imminent!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/06/packers-bringing-back-tauscher/

awesome news

lets hope it works out

MichiganPackerFan
10-06-2009, 05:28 PM
One of my favorite packers all time, would love to see him back on the field.

packers11
10-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Tausch on 1 leg is better than some of the guys the packers have starting right now :wink:

mmmdk
10-07-2009, 07:49 AM
Tausch on 1 leg is better than some of the guys the packers have starting right now :wink:

Hehe, funny stuff. :)

pbmax
10-07-2009, 07:54 AM
Whats a Tauscher?
There is a Tauscher thread elsewhere to explain exactly what he is. And Pictures of Tauscher.

This thread is explicitly for News, with cross references for Tauscher, Mark: Current Events

SkinBasket
10-07-2009, 08:03 AM
Whats a Tauscher?
There is a Tauscher thread elsewhere to explain exactly what he is. And Pictures of Tauscher.

This thread is explicitly for News, with cross references for Tauscher, Mark: Current Events

We may need a Tauscher airplane watch thread and a Tauscher rumor thread as well.

hoosier
10-07-2009, 08:09 AM
McCarthy said Tauscher joining the team is imminent provided things work out.

Good news: The Packers will be signing Tauscher. Unless they don't.

Bad news: Campen is still firmly entrenched as OL coach.

pbmax
10-07-2009, 08:14 AM
Whats a Tauscher?

We may need a Tauscher airplane watch thread and a Tauscher rumor thread as well.
To avoid confusion with Current Events, I would suggest, Transportation of Tauscher to cover it.

SkinBasket
10-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Good news: The Packers will be signing Tauscher. Unless they don't.

Bad news: The Packers will be signing Tauscher.

Your world made better by the SkinBasket.

SkinBasket
10-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Whats a Tauscher?

To avoid confusion with Current Events, I would suggest, Transportation of Tauscher to cover it.

Where is he now? Will it be a team plane or a chartered flight? Will McCarthy drive to the airport to pick him up? Who's cellphone did he use?

These are important questions to which I demand an answer.

MJZiggy
10-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Whats a Tauscher?

Where is he now? Will it be a team plane or a chartered flight? Will McCarthy drive to the airport to pick him up? Who's cellphone did he use?

These are important questions to which I demand an answer.

Isn't Tausch from Wisconsin? Where are they going to fly him in from? Sheboygan?

SkinBasket
10-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Isn't Tausch from Wisconsin? Where are they going to fly him in from? Sheboygan?

how does this contribute?

SkinBasket
10-08-2009, 09:01 AM
What the fuck is happening with Mark Tauscher!?!?!?

This media blackout must be Ted Thompson's doing!

Sparkey
10-08-2009, 09:04 AM

He will sign a contract on Sunday probably. The whole team is off until Monday so why sign him until need be.

BTW, someone mentioned who would get cut. No one will as Blackmon will be put on IR.

imscott72
10-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Why wait until Sunday? All that does is give another team time to throw together and offer. Get it done for goodness sakes.

mmmdk
10-08-2009, 01:08 PM

He will sign a contract on Sunday probably. The whole team is off until Monday so why sign him until need be.

BTW, someone mentioned who would get cut. No one will as Blackmon will be put on IR.

Maybe doctors need to cut Blackmons leg? Was that below the kneecap?

Speaking of one leggers; Tauch on "one" leg would help Packers OL.

:wink:

MichiganPackerFan
10-08-2009, 01:49 PM

I don't get waiting until sunday. even if the whole team had off, wouldn't that allow him to get into the lockerroom and weight room? I thought the nfl was pretty strict on access to those places without a contract...

Packers4Glory
10-08-2009, 02:35 PM
please get him signed already.

SkinBasket
10-08-2009, 03:34 PM
You guys realize this is still Mark Tauscher we're talking about? In his 30s. Coming off major surgery and a lot of time away from football.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-08-2009, 03:44 PM
You guys realize this is still Mark Tauscher we're talking about? In his 30s. Coming off major surgery and a lot of time away from football.

You do realize this is the same forum that was enthralled by Ruvell, samkon, and the latest legend...tyrell sutton?

Hope springs eternal in packerland....

At least with Tauscher there is a good track record...and he could come back and be good again.

Zool
10-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Or at least mediocre which is still an upgrade.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Gonna blow some minds if barbre hangs onto the job

bobblehead
10-08-2009, 04:48 PM

After watching him 100% whiff on the sack/fumble that College is getting all the blame for I can't see him holding onto it for long.

Freak Out
10-08-2009, 05:04 PM

After watching him 100% whiff on the sack/fumble that College is getting all the blame for I can't see him holding onto it for long.

They both both hit a perfect 100 on the whiff scale on that play....basically all the ends had to do was run towards Rodgers and nail him....our tackles did nothing but stand up...turn and watch. sad stuff....

bobblehead
10-08-2009, 05:10 PM

They both both hit a perfect 100 on the whiff scale on that play....basically all the ends had to do was run towards Rodgers and nail him....our tackles did nothing but stand up...turn and watch. sad stuff....

Obviously you saw a different play as college attempted to cut Allen and ended up on the ground. He actually got a piece of him and slowed him down. He did anything BUT STAND UP. He also did not turn and watch as he was laying on the ground as Allen recovered and went by him.

The play went down like this. Babre whiffed completely while College attempted a cut...somewhat badly. ARod saw Babre whiff and turned away to scramble...right into allen who had avoided being cut. If Babre even falls into his man ARod would have dumped the ball off and not turned into allen. College did poorly on the play, but it would have been enough if Babre doesn't 100% whiff.

Freak Out
10-08-2009, 05:21 PM

Obviously you saw a different play as college attempted to cut Allen and ended up on the ground. He actually got a piece of him and slowed him down. He did anything BUT STAND UP. He also did not turn and watch as he was laying on the ground as Allen recovered and went by him.

The play went down like this. Babre whiffed completely while College attempted a cut...somewhat badly. ARod saw Babre whiff and turned away to scramble...right into allen who had avoided being cut. If Babre even falls into his man ARod would have dumped the ball off and not turned into allen. College did poorly on the play, but it would have been enough if Babre doesn't 100% whiff.

You're correct.....he did try and cut him...but I call that a whiff. :lol: Barbre was the turn and watch guy.....but the North Pole boy sucked pole as well....bottom line....it was pathetic.

sunflower100
10-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Tauscher not talking to the media might also have something to do with a certain ex Packer's QB. Any interview that he does people want to ask him about Favre. Some players just don't like talking to the media. I don't recall Clifton speaking to the media much.

Not sure a media black of Tauscher would have anything to do with Thompson. Tauscher would get a good reception by the media considering the oline's performance so far.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-08-2009, 11:38 PM

i said if. But, using one example isn't a good measuring stick...clifton looked helpless against Odom.

Lots of assumptions being made about Tausch. Let's hope they hold up.

Packers4Ever
10-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Why wait until Sunday? All that does is give another team time to throw together and offer. Get it done for goodness sakes.

He's a Wisconsin boy, plus I believe he'd said

he'd like to return to GBP.......

Anyone..... ?

packers11
10-09-2009, 09:58 AM
I check the sites everyday to see if he was signed... no news yet :?

Packers4Ever
10-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Tauscher not talking to the media might also have something to do with a certain ex Packer's QB. Any interview that he does people want to ask him about Favre. Some players just don't like talking to the media. I don't recall Clifton speaking to the media much.

Not sure a media black of Tauscher would have anything to do with Thompson. Tauscher would get a good reception by the media considering the oline's performance so far.

Welcome to PackerRats, Sunflower!
Good commentary....

Packers4Ever
10-09-2009, 10:08 AM

He damn well better, he's cut us short

too many times for too many years !!

:x

Merlin
10-09-2009, 11:46 AM
I suspect the Packers will sign him, unless his knee isn't ready to go just yet. The disturbing thing to me is McCarthy sticking to the "Barbre" is the starter and Tauscher will be given a chance to compete for the job line. BS, he should say that Barbre and Tasucher will slug it out for the starting job. It isn't like Barbre has done anything of note in his NFL career. At some point someone needs to tell McCarthy and Thompson that standing behind players that aren't performing (and have never performed) instead of putting them on notice they are about to get the boot if they don't perform, isn't the way to win football games.

I cannot STAND the whole "we like who we have here" mentality, it breads complacency and mediocrity, and that's what the Packers are right now mediocre. It's time to light a fire under some players asses on this team and no ones job with the exception of a few should be safe. The idea in the NFL is to WIN, not make excuses and stick with a bad plan come hell or high water.

Pugger
10-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I suspect the Packers will sign him, unless his knee isn't ready to go just yet. The disturbing thing to me is McCarthy sticking to the "Barbre" is the starter and Tauscher will be given a chance to compete for the job line. BS, he should say that Barbre and Tasucher will slug it out for the starting job. It isn't like Barbre has done anything of note in his NFL career. At some point someone needs to tell McCarthy and Thompson that standing behind players that aren't performing (and have never performed) instead of putting them on notice they are about to get the boot if they don't perform, isn't the way to win football games.

I cannot STAND the whole "we like who we have here" mentality, it breads complacency and mediocrity, and that's what the Packers are right now mediocre. It's time to light a fire under some players asses on this team and no ones job with the exception of a few should be safe. The idea in the NFL is to WIN, not make excuses and stick with a bad plan come hell or high water.

But what else should MM say publically? We have no idea what MM says to his players at practice or in meetings or the lockerroom. Most coaches except a Mora keep that stuff "in house."

sharpe1027
10-09-2009, 12:09 PM

With all due respect, you are splitting hairs here. The fact of the matter is Barbre IS the starter. IMHO, MM was just stating the facts. I have no doubt that Tauscher will be given every opportunity to win the job, and Barbre knows this too.

If MM wants to light a fire under a guy's ass, there is no need to do it publicly. MM's job is not to make you feel all warm and fuzzy. They've already shown they are fine cutting guys loose when they dumped Rouse even though he was #1 on the depth chart due to injuries.

Zool
10-09-2009, 12:12 PM

But what else should MM say publically? We have no idea what MM says to his players at practice or in meetings or the lockerroom. Most coaches except a Mora keep that stuff "in house."

I've had enough of your logic and common sense Pugger. We've no room for it here.

Fritz
10-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Sharpe:

"If MM wants to light a fire under a guy's ass, there is no need to do it publicly. MM's job is not to make you feel all warm and fuzzy."

I'm confused by this statement.

If MM lights a fire under some guy's ass, wouldn't that make him feel all warm? Maybe not fuzzy, because his butt hairs would be singed off (and an ugly smell that is, burning hair), but warm, for sure.

mraynrand
10-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Sharpe:

"If MM wants to light a fire under a guy's ass, there is no need to do it publicly. MM's job is not to make you feel all warm and fuzzy."

If MM lights a fire under some guy's ass, wouldn't that make him feel all warm? Maybe not fuzzy, because his butt hairs would be singed off (and an ugly smell that is, burning hair), but warm, for sure.

I think Sharpe meant pubicly - just on the upper ass.

denverYooper
10-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Sharpe:

The one above the neck?

sharpe1027
10-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Sharpe:

Hmm, I can understand you confusion, but I think a proper reading distinguishes the "guy's ass" from "you". If it was intended to read other wise, I think it would read "If MM wants to light a fire under your ass...." So, there is no fire under your ass, just some random guy and that's fine if he feels warm.

Now, of course there is the possibility that "you" could still use the fire under the "guy's" ass to warm yourself; however, since I am advocating not to do it publicly, I assumed that you probably would not have access to the fire.

Does it make more sense now?

bobblehead
10-09-2009, 02:41 PM

For once I agree with you on this Merlin. Its the root behind me bumping heads with waldo regarding Chillar.

When MM and TT came to town it was hard nosed Pitt style football. We are going with who performs on the field regardless of draft or contract.

Here we are several years later and they are standing behind "their" guys and running a whopping 15 times in 2 of 4 games this year...one of which we were having great success running. (because of the OL no less, grant is still missing cuts and reads big time)

Right here, right now I can't believe that Babre should still be starting. I see him completly whiff or get run straight into Rodgers every other play. Barnett is stinking up the joint yet Bishop (who I'm no big fan of) can't even get on the field. I'll give the brass a pass at safety since they are desperately trying to get anyone in there who can be in position....Lord I hope Bigby comes back soon. (to those who don't like Bigby, it reminds me of the Bush poster I saw recently...."Miss me yet?")

MJZiggy
10-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Sharpe:

The one above the neck? :lol: :lol: :lol:

pbmax
10-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Sharpe:

I'm going to need a diagram.

MJZiggy
10-09-2009, 07:55 PM
NM

denverYooper
10-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Sharpe:

how about a picture?
http://tripplanier.com/blog_files/ass.jpg

pbmax
10-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Sharpe:

how about a picture?
http://tripplanier.com/blog_files/ass.jpg
Clear as day now; as long as he would be laying on his back.

woodbuck27
10-10-2009, 06:20 AM

Randy Moss. :D

woodbuck27
10-10-2009, 06:26 AM

He damn well better, he's cut us short

too many times for too many years !!

:x

I like your groowwwllll. :D

The GM has to supply the HC with the right talent.

MichiganPackerFan
10-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Sharpe:

godammit fritz

Pugger
10-10-2009, 08:20 AM

I've had enough of your logic and common sense Pugger. We've no room for it here.

:lol: :lol: :wink:

Bretsky
10-10-2009, 08:29 AM
TTT- We're going to offer you the vet minimum; will your client sign here ?
Agent- The Vet Minimum ? Do you know how many years Tauscher gave to the Packers ?
TTT- Yes

lengthy pause...........

Agent...Are you serious ? What about incentives ? Tauscher might start many games for you ?
TT Does he have any other offers ?

Agent- Let's talk about incentives
TTT - We'll think abou it and get back to you. Let us know if you have any offers on the table from other squads and we'll ponder from there as well

:lol:

pbmax
10-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Agent- The Vet Minimum ? Do you know how many years Tauscher gave to the Packers ?
TTT- Yes

lengthy pause...........

Agent...Are you serious ? What about incentives ? Tauscher might start many games for you ?

TTT - We'll think abou it and get back to you. Let us know if you have any offers on the table from other squads and we'll ponder from there as well

I want Ted to negotiate my next car purchase.

ThunderDan
10-10-2009, 11:07 AM
TTT- Yes

lengthy pause...........

So we should sign him for $5,000,000 for the year? I have no problem with our GM not paying too much for players.

Bretsky
10-10-2009, 03:06 PM
TTT- Yes

lengthy pause...........

So we should sign him for $5,000,000 for the year? I have no problem with our GM not paying too much for players.

Who said we should sign him for $5,000,000 or was that gross exaggeration ?

Close the dam deal already; it won't take NEARLY that much to sign him

Bretsky
10-10-2009, 03:07 PM
TTT- Yes

lengthy pause...........

I want Ted to negotiate my next car purchase.

Me too

Although if you need to close on a car soon you might be walking to work for a while :lol:

ThunderDan
10-10-2009, 03:43 PM
TTT- Yes

lengthy pause...........

You're making up a situation where TT is lowballing MT. I made up the opposite.

I'm guessing if MT worked out and was physically fine a contract will be coming.

Bretsky
10-10-2009, 03:48 PM
TTT- Yes

lengthy pause...........

You're making up a situation where TT is lowballing MT. I made up the opposite.

I'm guessing if MT worked out and was physically fine a contract will be coming.

Does Tauscher have a history of taking his time closing deals ?

Do you believe he'd be the one dragging his feet on this one ?

Tauscher has wanted to get into a camp and sign for a while now

If somebody is taking their sweet time to close a deal I'd have a hard time believing it's the player in this instance.

It'll get closed.............eventually I imagine

sharpe1027
10-10-2009, 03:50 PM

If somebody is taking their sweet time to close a deal I'd have a hard time believing it's the player in this instance.

I've wanted to get into camp and sign for years now. I sure as hell am not the one holding up the deal. Damn TT. :)

Bretsky
10-10-2009, 03:52 PM

I've wanted to get into camp and sign for years now. I sure as hell am not the one holding up the deal. Damn TT. :)

Who knew that you were Adrianne Klemm ? Gosh I had a sneaking suspicion :lol:

pbmax
10-10-2009, 04:20 PM
My guess is that it is a waiver wire or transaction issue. They are not practicing until next week, so no time with the team is lost. Thompson might be waiting for the weekend's games to happen and make waiver moves. The likeliest move is putting Blackmon on IR, but there might be other moves he wishes to make.

The other consideration might be Clifton. Healthy, there is no need to make a move. If still injured, then something else may need to happen.

retailguy
10-10-2009, 04:33 PM
The other consideration might be Clifton. Healthy, there is no need to make a move.

:shock: You have GOT to be kidding.

wist43
10-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Many moons ago Jim Gantner negotiated his own contract with the Brewers...

Gantner: I want $2 million/year
Brewers: We'll give you $1 million/year
Gantner: Okay

pbmax
10-10-2009, 05:12 PM
The other consideration might be Clifton. Healthy, there is no need to make a move.

:shock: You have GOT to be kidding.
If Clifton is set to play next week, then I don't anticipate Thompson adding another tackle BESIDES Tauscher. If Clifton still cannot go, then ANOTHER move might need to be made.

Fritz
10-10-2009, 05:27 PM
At this point, if Levi Jones has any juice - per KYPack - I'd like to see TT sign him and Tauscher.

The you wouldn't have to eff with the middle of the line if a tackle got hurt/sucked ass.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-10-2009, 06:06 PM

Thus proving why players need agents.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-10-2009, 06:08 PM
At this point, if Levi Jones has any juice - per KYPack - I'd like to see TT sign him and Tauscher.

The you wouldn't have to eff with the middle of the line if a tackle got hurt/sucked ass.

Jones wants to start. Simple as that. He doesn't need the cake, so he is gonna wait till he gets an offer from a team that needs a starter.

pbmax
10-10-2009, 06:58 PM

Jones wants to start. Simple as that. He doesn't need the cake, so he is gonna wait till he gets an offer from a team that needs a starter.
Reckoning or reading this?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-10-2009, 07:17 PM

Listening. Jones is an ASU guy...Ty lives in Scottsdale. Talk radio. He is a frequent subject...as Cards line blows as well.

Jones isn't your typical football player. He actually is pretty smart. He was on academic scholly when he walked on at ASU.

pbmax
10-10-2009, 08:55 PM

Listening. Jones is an ASU guy...Ty lives in Scottsdale. Talk radio. He is a frequent subject...as Cards line blows as well.

Jones isn't your typical football player. He actually is pretty smart. He was on academic scholly when he walked on at ASU.
Well now I have gone and fallen in love. Any chance, as per KYPack's read, that he has gotten fully healthy after rushing back from injury too quickly?

KYPack
10-10-2009, 09:14 PM

Well now I have gone and fallen in love. Any chance, as per KYPack's read, that he has gotten fully healthy after rushing back from injury too quickly?

Ty's read is right on. Levi is a very smart guy. He has watched his money and knows what is up business wise.

We need an LT. But Cliffy is coming back. Levi is your solution if his knee got well. I'd think any half-hip line coach could tell where Levi is after a hour work-out. The thing that Levi buys you if he's healthy is he is a master at handling speed rushers. To do that magic trick, he needs both knees.

Barbre hasn't looked as bad after the Ogunleye debacle was over. If we sign one of the FA OT's, we lose one of TT's precious tykes.

I'd guess we won't sign anybody.

bobblehead
10-10-2009, 09:15 PM

At the time Mike Schmidt was on the cover of SI as the highest paid player in SPORTS I believe at $2 million. Ganter was out of line :P

bobblehead
10-10-2009, 09:17 PM

And he is a scrapper...bobble saw that first hand.

edit: If Levi is actually BACK then if I were TT I would offer him a 5 year deal and tell him he is starting next season...maybe this year yet. Cliffy is an FA after this year and isn't the player he was. Levi is a stud if he is healthy. LT's don't grow on trees.