PDA

View Full Version : Blackmon out for the year

imscott72
10-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Per MM. I think most of us expected the worst anyhow.

channtheman
10-06-2009, 03:23 PM
This is good. The team just got better.

imscott72
10-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Mike also said Colledge should be good to go for Detroit.

gbgary
10-06-2009, 03:24 PM
acl?

imscott72
10-06-2009, 03:25 PM

I thought Blackmon was pretty solid returning kicks.

imscott72
10-06-2009, 03:26 PM
acl?

Yep..

Sparkey
10-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Blackmon will be missed returning punts. Jordy is fine as the kick returner.

rbaloha1
10-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Blackmon will be missed returning punts. Jordy is fine as the kick returner.

Does not dance and hits the lane fast. Find another punt returner. Maybe Swain?

mraynrand
10-06-2009, 03:35 PM
You people are fickle as hell.

Cheesehead Craig
10-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Maybe Tauscher can return punts?

mraynrand
10-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Maybe Tauscher can return punts?

Who is Tauscher? Maybe you could start a thread about him.

gbgary
10-06-2009, 03:52 PM
acl?

Yep..

man i knew it. as fast as he was going and to jump and plant like he did...ouch. it doesn't take much to pop and acl. you can pop one stepping off a curb.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 03:54 PM
acl?

Yep..

man i knew it. as fast as he was going and to jump and plant like he did...ouch. it does take much to pop and acl. you can pop one stepping off a curb.

Any curbs up in minny that bert could step off?

CaptainKickass
10-06-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm gonna miss yelling at the TV saying things in a Jamacian accent like"

"He's Black...He's a Mon...

He's BLACKMON!"

Seriously - when they showed the replay, in slow-mo, of his knee buckling after he tried to plant and cut - I actually felt some pain in MY knee. I thought to myself - he's done for the year, possibly career ending.

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 03:56 PM

He can't play DB. He can't stay healthy. I think he's done.

CaptainKickass
10-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Almost forgot to add a positive:

Blackmon being done opens up a roster spot. Hopefully that spot can help out the O-line a bit.

The ref's still suck, however.

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 03:57 PM
acl?

Yep..

man i knew it. as fast as he was going and to jump and plant like he did...ouch. it does take much to pop and acl. you can pop one stepping off a curb.

They actually train people how to fall while skiing so as not to tear their ACL.

SnakeLH2006
10-07-2009, 03:23 AM
Well at least the Jordy homers can hope he can learn to accelerate (this ain't a KS Youtube clip at GB) and catch some passes and learn how to return kicks.

I liked Blackmon as a returner (best we had since that little bastard that went to the Eagles in 2002). Jordy is a hope. He's way too slow to accelerate. His top speed is great, but that is why James Jones will ALWAYS be better at WR. He accelerates quickly (not Jordy's top speed) but can run quick. Jordy is Bill Schroeder. Not impressed.

And dually saddened our best option to score a TD on PR or KR is gone. Ignite Jordy fan club (all 2 of ya)......Maybe he'll do something....Doubt it. Dude is not that good (no quickness aka Jordy).

channtheman
10-07-2009, 04:25 AM
Well at least the Jordy homers can hope he can learn to accelerate (this ain't a KS Youtube clip at GB) and catch some passes and learn how to return kicks.

I liked Blackmon as a returner (best we had since that little bastard that went to the Eagles in 2002). Jordy is a hope. He's way too slow to accelerate. His top speed is great, but that is why James Jones will ALWAYS be better at WR. He accelerates quickly (not Jordy's top speed) but can run quick. Jordy is Bill Schroeder. Not impressed.

And dually saddened our best option to score a TD on PR or KR is gone. Ignite Jordy fan club (all 2 of ya)......Maybe he'll do something....Doubt it. Dude is not that good (no quickness aka Jordy).

I have to disagree with you here. Jordy runs up the field. Blackmon jukes and spins and whatever you want to call it all around the field but rarely advances the ball. He got hurt doing what he does best. Also, I don't think our other WR's score on the TD Jordy had. Something about Jordy is that he just runs up the field when he gets the ball. Too many stupid jukes by a lot of the other guys.

SnakeLH2006
10-07-2009, 04:47 AM

I have to disagree with you here. Jordy runs up the field. Blackmon jukes and spins and whatever you want to call it all around the field but rarely advances the ball. He got hurt doing what he does best. Also, I don't think our other WR's score on the TD Jordy had. Something about Jordy is that he just runs up the field when he gets the ball. Too many stupid jukes by a lot of the other guys.

Jordy has track speed but no awareness/agility. That is why James Jones is a better target short yardage (he gets first downs...Jordy cathes it and goes out of bounds for 5 yards).

Tyrone Bigguns
10-07-2009, 05:24 AM
jordy: 7 catches, 104 yards, 1 td
jones: 3 catches, 58 yards.

SnakeLH2006
10-07-2009, 05:31 AM
Wow I was wrong. That is the last 2 years or just 2009?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-07-2009, 05:40 AM
stictly 09

Jones: 20, 274, 1 td
Jordy: 33, 366, 2 td

pbmax
10-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Just be sure to let me know who we are at war with this week. :)

Nelson has less shake than Blackmon, but I think that serves him well on kickoffs. Punts will be a sore spot. If we can get back to forcing punts.

I like Blackmon, but how many leg injuries is this?

pbmax
10-07-2009, 07:31 AM
stictly 09

Jones: 20, 274, 1 td
Jordy: 33, 366, 2 td
But that tells me nothing about how his agility increases his awareness of the first down marker.

If I am reading this right on nfl.com:

Nelson
08: 33 catches, 18 first downs
09: 7 catches, 6 first downs

Jones
08: 20 catches, 16 firsts
09: 3 catches, 2 firsts

Might never have been a more productive 20 catch season.

Bossman641
10-07-2009, 08:23 AM
We won't miss Blackmon much on KR's but PR's is where this loss hurts. Blackmon was always a threat to bring a punt back, I'm afraid Jordy is too slow for that.

mmmdk
10-07-2009, 09:10 AM
We won't miss Blackmon much on KR's but PR's is where this loss hurts. Blackmon was always a threat to bring a punt back, I'm afraid Jordy is too slow for that.

Chuck back on PRs :shock: Geez, dunno!!

Jordy fine on KR and he was a motor as receiver on MNF, unlike GJ.

mraynrand
10-07-2009, 09:45 AM
acl?

Yep..

They actually train people how to fall while skiing so as not to tear their ACL.

Too bad Blackmon wasn't skiing. And what are Packer coaches doing training people to fall while skiing anyway?

Cheesehead Craig
10-07-2009, 10:00 AM
I think Blackmon is done as a Packer. No way can you keep throwing money at a guy who in 4 seasons hasn't even played 2 seasons worth of games.

denverYooper
10-07-2009, 10:06 AM

Jordy has track speed but no awareness/agility. That is why James Jones is a better target short yardage (he gets first downs...Jordy cathes it and goes out of bounds for 5 yards).

Most of Jordy's catches seem to be for first downs. Like Monday, 3 catches, 2 for first down and 1 for a TD.

In fact, of his 7 catches in 2009, 6 were for first downs and the other one was a TD.

Jones is 2/3 for first downs/catch this year.

Say what you will, the guy is sneaky. He doesn't look as fancy, but he finds little holes and punches right through them. He's decisive and if he has a little window, he seems to scoot through it. Maybe he's not a great dancer, but he'd make a hell of a mouse.

denverYooper
10-07-2009, 10:06 AM
LOL. Well, looks like I'm pretty slow on the draw.

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2009, 10:35 AM

He is. I dont know why anyone would say its a good thing he is out. The guy was shifty and quick. Everytime I would be cheering against the Packers I would get kinda nervous when the ball was kicked to him.

pbmax
10-07-2009, 10:41 AM

He is. I dont know why anyone would say its a good thing he is out. The guy was shifty and quick. Everytime I would be cheering against the Packers I would get kinda nervous when the ball was kicked to him.
He can move and make a person miss, but his talent served him better at PR than KR. His kick returning was average though he could occasionally break through.

bobblehead
10-07-2009, 10:48 AM

Classic description of a white reciever. Someone dig up the combine numbers so we can compare Jordy's agility drills with JJ's.

SkinBasket
10-07-2009, 10:58 AM
But James Jones will always look cooler with his shirt off, so there.

SnakeLH2006
10-07-2009, 05:13 PM

Didn't you guys have a deece PR a few years ago? Bester, Fester...I forget the name...What happened to that guy? 8-)

pbmax
10-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Bring back Allen Rossum.

SnakeLH2006
10-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Bring back Allen Rossum.

Just wiki'd the dude thinking he was 45 by now. Nope, he's 33 and still playing for the 49ers. In fact he scored a TD vs. the Pack in last year's preseason game. Dude still has game and was a helluva Packer PR/KR guy. Couldn't play CB really, but neither can Blackmon. At least Blackmon always has got a cool haircut...

Rossum finished sixth in the NFL and third in the NFC with a 26.8 average on kickoff returns and a 14.9 yard average on punt returns. Due to his strong performance, he was named a second alternate returner for the 2009 Pro Bowl.

Dabaddestbear
10-08-2009, 09:06 AM

Didn't you guys have a deece PR a few years ago? Bester, Fester...I forget the name...What happened to that guy? 8-)
Yep, we have several of them though....Bennett, Knox, Hester.....take your pick. :wink: