PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to end the Arod experiment?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Well, it has been 20 games and that should be enough to conclude that...yes, it is time to move on.

Now, some homers on this board will talk about his record setting yardage as a first year player. So what. Records are meant to be broken. You never hear about wins being broken. So, Ty has concluded records mean nothing.

Next, let's be honest, Arod will never be Bert. And, if he can't be Bert, then forget it. Many of you are under the false assumption that a number of QBs have won the superbowl. Wrong. If our next QB can't be a HOF then forget it. That is the standard we must have. Pro bowl. Nice. All-Pro. Super. But those are meaningless if he isn't a HOF.

Another thing is that apparently Arod has his own skillset and talent. That just pisses me off. The fact that he doesn't mirror Bert is wrong. Bert is the platonic ideal of a qb. All Qbs should be modeled after him, well him and Joey Harrington....he got a raw deal. If bert didn't throw a good deep ball, then god dammit, neither should Arod.

Cheese and rice...why hasn't arod been out drinking and generally behaving boorishly like Bert? He has had almost 5 years and we haven't seen any sort of roguish behavior. How is he gonna get addicted to vikes if he can't even get hammered down at Irma's tap..and bang out a few hotties in the men's room? How can we as fans expect to bond with him if he doesn't start acting up so we can embrace his wild side and muss his hair like a wayward youth. It is sickening that he refuses to allow us to genuflect in his greatness.

Ty has seen enough. Ty doesn't care that Arod has a terrible line and an average RB. The mistakes he has made are unforgivable. We are four games into the season and he is posting 110 passing ratings, but so what. My mom could post that, but she wouldn't hold onto the ball.

Ty is going on the record. Bring on Matt Flynn..for at least 3 or 4 games, until we realize that he prolly won't be Bert.

Let the Matt Flynn era begin.!!!

Freak Out
10-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Is it time to end the Ty experiment? :lol:

rbaloha1
10-06-2009, 09:37 PM
AR will never be BF but we can still make the playoffs with AR.

Lets face it -- BF always made the o-line and receivers look better than they were.

GrnBay007
10-06-2009, 09:40 PM

:tup:

At least if you are going to try to make some valid (mature, big boy) points and have people take you seriously you could refrain from using "Bert". Pretty childish...if you were in fact trying to make a point.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 09:45 PM
AR will never be BF but we can still make the playoffs with AR.

Lets face it -- BF always made the o-line and receivers look better than they were.

Playoffs? Dude, every year that Bert was here he had us in the superbowl and now you want to settle for just being in the playoffs. No wonder this org if flailing, with guys like you and your low expectations....there is no accountability.

Can't disagree with you more. Our receivers are the best in the league, many rats have told me.

Clearly the issue is Arod, not them.

Otherwise, if bert made the receivers look good, that would mean that arod has even worse WRs than we have thought...and ty will not accept that our judgement of talent is off.

Administrator
Enough with the sarcasm Ty. This one goes a bit too far, I think.

Bretsky

Bretsky likes Ty
Bretsky likes Ty's money making and gambling thread
Bretsky likes a majority of Ty's points and breakdowns but
Bretsky has noticed that some of Ty's sarcastic threads blow

MJZiggy
10-06-2009, 09:48 PM

At least if you are going to try to make some valid (mature, big boy) points and have people take you seriously you could refrain from using "Bert". Pretty childish...if you were in fact trying to make a point.

You got all that to work with and you take offense at "Bert???" :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 09:48 PM

Please keep your comments solely on the content. Personal attacks on me arent' going to help the packers and their failed experiment.

Ty notes that you obviously are in favor of mediocrity since you haven't spoken out against arod.

mediocrity=007

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 09:49 PM

ok. My last post was b4 i saw this.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 09:50 PM

Bretsky likes Ty
Bretsky likes Ty's money making and gambling thread
Bretsky likes a majority of Ty's points and breakdowns but
Bretsky has noticed that some of Ty's sarcastic threads blow

It is like gambling....they all can't be winners.

Ty likes that bretsky is now using the 3rd person!!!

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 10:20 PM

So my "Ushering In The Matt Flynn Era" thread probably wouldn't be such a great idea.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 10:22 PM

So my "Ushering In The Matt Flynn Era" thread probably wouldn't be such a great idea.

bookmark this thread scott. If we win.....we win BIG!!!

mraynrand
10-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Well, it has been 20 games and that should be enough to conclude that...yes, it is time to move on.

Now, some homers on this board will talk about his record setting yardage as a first year player. So what. Records are meant to be broken. You never hear about wins being broken. So, Ty has concluded records mean nothing.

Next, let's be honest, Arod will never be Bert. And, if he can't be Bert, then forget it. Many of you are under the false assumption that a number of QBs have won the superbowl. Wrong. If our next QB can't be a HOF then forget it. That is the standard we must have. Pro bowl. Nice. All-Pro. Super. But those are meaningless if he isn't a HOF.

Another thing is that apparently Arod has his own skillset and talent. That just pisses me off. The fact that he doesn't mirror Bert is wrong. Bert is the platonic ideal of a qb. All Qbs should be modeled after him, well him and Joey Harrington....he got a raw deal. If bert didn't throw a good deep ball, then god dammit, neither should Arod.

Cheese and rice...why hasn't arod been out drinking and generally behaving boorishly like Bert? He has had almost 5 years and we haven't seen any sort of roguish behavior. How is he gonna get addicted to vikes if he can't even get hammered down at Irma's tap..and bang out a few hotties in the men's room? How can we as fans expect to bond with him if he doesn't start acting up so we can embrace his wild side and muss his hair like a wayward youth. It is sickening that he refuses to allow us to genuflect in his greatness.

Ty has seen enough. Ty doesn't care that Arod has a terrible line and an average RB. The mistakes he has made are unforgivable. We are four games into the season and he is posting 110 passing ratings, but so what. My mom could post that, but she wouldn't hold onto the ball.

Ty is going on the record. Bring on Matt Flynn..for at least 3 or 4 games, until we realize that he prolly won't be Bert.

This is world class sarcasm.

Sparkey
10-06-2009, 11:20 PM

:lol: Excellent! :glug:

Sparkey
10-06-2009, 11:23 PM

:lol: Sorry, but this is funny shit (Ty's post). Chicken little ala mode.

The issue on this forum seems to be that everyone takes their opinions way too seriously. :alc:

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 11:26 PM

Thanx?

bobblehead
10-07-2009, 02:03 AM

Thanx?

OK ty, I thought it was funny as hell too, but if the moderator says its too far we have to go back to calling each other jackasses in the FYI room.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-07-2009, 02:12 AM
We'll always have Paris. Jackass.

SnakeLH2006
10-07-2009, 02:37 AM

Snake thinks you should own up, 007. With this topic Ty proves again and again his knowledge, thus an achievement. So bow down:

http://achievements.schrankmonster.de/Achievement.aspx?text=Ty%20PWNs%20Chuck%20Norris%2 0at%20Chess.%20100%20POINTS.

Gunakor
10-07-2009, 02:47 AM

Snake thinks you should own up, 007. With this topic Ty proves again and again his knowledge, thus an achievement. So bow down:

http://achievements.schrankmonster.de/Achievement.aspx?text=Ty%20PWNs%20Chuck%20Norris%2 0at%20Chess.%20100%20POINTS.

I thought it was pretty funny myself. It hits on a number of criticisms of Rodgers in a humorous, albeit sarcastic manner. Using ones own argument against them to prove a point is hysterical IMO.

That aside, nobody pwns Chuck Norris in chess. Ever. And they wouldn't pwn him in swimming, badmitton, lawn darts, golf, deer hunting (okay, maybe Brett could pwn him there), boat racing, a spelling bee, charades, any variant of poker, fishing, or any other competition of any kind. Ever.

SnakeLH2006
10-07-2009, 02:51 AM

I thought it was pretty funny myself. It hits on a number of criticisms of Rodgers in a humorous, albeit sarcastic manner. Using ones own argument against them to prove a point is hysterical IMO.

That aside, nobody pwns Chuck Norris in chess. Ever. And they wouldn't pwn him in swimming, badmitton, lawn darts, golf, deer hunting (okay, maybe Brett could pwn him there), boat racing, a spelling bee, charades, any variant of poker, fishing, or any other competition of any kind. Ever.

LMAO, Gun. Ty beat him in chess..thus his exceptional ability to own us all with logic/intelligence. See it again and bow mortal:

Gunakor
10-07-2009, 03:02 AM

LMAO, Gun. Ty beat him in chess..thus his exceptional ability to own us all with logic/intelligence. See it again and bow mortal:

Not in cribbage, karyoke, fencing, volleyball, table tennis, ultimate frisbee, a road test at the DMV...

It would just never happen.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-07-2009, 03:05 AM
Gun,

Ty is good at a few things....and i guarantee you ty whips his 69 year old ass at any raquet sport. Ty will have him running around like Barnett on defense.

And, ty will take him in chess as well.

Gunakor
10-07-2009, 03:14 AM
Gun,

Ty is good at a few things....and i guarantee you ty whips his 69 year old ass at any raquet sport. Ty will have him running around like Barnett on defense.

Not in bowling, pool, cooking, a water ballon fight...

Nothing. Ever. You will never pwn Chuck Norris. Don't take it personal. Neither will Snake or Gun. Or Bretsky or 007 or Partial or even Joe the Admin. It just won't happen.

SnakeLH2006
10-07-2009, 04:06 AM
Gun,

Not in bowling, pool, cooking, a water ballon fight...

Nothing. Ever. You will never pwn Chuck Norris. Don't take it personal. Neither will Snake or Gun. Or Bretsky or 007 or Partial or even Joe the Admin. It just won't happen.

Don't get mad, Gun. Snake already posted the achievement and Ty admitted it...just move on. It's funny, but true. Chuck got beat already:

Gun,

Gunakor
10-07-2009, 04:26 AM
I'll need video evidence. I don't believe you. You lie. Chuck doesn't lose. Chuck can watch 60 minutes in 10, slam revolving doors, save Geico 15% on car insurance, and yes, scare his lawn from growing taller. Don't forget, he is the spokesperson for Total Gym, which pwns Bowflex on every level. The French and the New Zealanders have already surrendered to Chuck just to be on the safe side. I mean, with that kind of a skillset, he'll pwn anyone at anything. Including you, me, Ty, France, New Zealand, chess, badmitton, swimming...

SnakeLH2006
10-07-2009, 04:52 AM
I'll need video evidence. I don't believe you. You lie. Chuck doesn't lose. Chuck can watch 60 minutes in 10, slam revolving doors, save Geico 15% on car insurance, and yes, scare his lawn from growing taller. Don't forget, he is the spokesperson for Total Gym, which pwns Bowflex on every level. The French and the New Zealanders have already surrendered to Chuck just to be on the safe side. I mean, with that kind of a skillset, he'll pwn anyone at anything. Including you, me, Ty, France, New Zealand, chess, badmitton, swimming...

Achievements don't lie. Ty already whooped Einstein on intelligence and now Chuck Norris. What more do you want, bro?

http://achievements.schrankmonster.de/Achievement.aspx?text=Ty%20was%20Banned.%20Ty%27s% 20Still%20Here.%20Chuck%20Sucks.

Gunakor
10-07-2009, 05:10 AM

http://achievements.schrankmonster.de/Achievement.aspx?text=Ty%20was%20Banned.%20Ty%27s% 20Still%20Here.%20Chuck%20Sucks.

Well that proves it. I stand corrected. Damn you Snake, now I gotta find a new sig. Not to mention a line of Tyrone Biggunsisms.

SnakeLH2006
10-07-2009, 05:15 AM
It just proves that we are morons. Ty is smarter than all of us. I tried battling him on posts over the past few weeks, but grew tired and weak. We are all buffoons really. I thought Chuck Norris was the Internet man, too.

But really it just means you should adopt one of those Ty Achievements as a sig. I'm sure he'd appreciate it...being knowingly smarter than us all. I used be really annoyed how Ty went post to post just bettering us all with his innate god-like knowledge saying "prove where I said that" or "you all have so much time so link evidence where I said that"....

Gunakor, I learned to acknowledge the fact Ty IS the "know-it-all" and "end it all" and have learned to accept it. It's fact, yo. It just is. :roll: :cry: You should too. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Do it soon, else you'll end up calling him out on his non-stop negative BS rips on all Rats, and he'll slam you with "Sad." as his comeback. You might be totally right, but regardless, he'll put you in your place with "Sad" and you won't want to come back and post on PackerRats.

I worshipped Chuck Norris, too, but Snake could barely could come back after those mightly slams.... :cry: :cry:

Iron Mike
10-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Goth Rodgers (http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2009/10/life-is-a-majestic-heap-of-camel-excrement.html)

mmmdk
10-07-2009, 07:08 AM

This is irony - stating the opposite (of reason). I'd even call it Socratic irony with a twist; call it Favrecratic irony. Not sarcasm. Pretending ignorance with that special Mississippi twist.

If anything, the Favre Rats are getting a free pass on PR. I'd call some of them sinister moralist. Sometimes it's just innocent, sometimes.

With all this said; I think admin. is doing its job - just don't get blinded by those sweet snugly emoticons or comradery. Or Ty !

mmmdk
10-07-2009, 07:11 AM

You got all that to work with and you take offense at "Bert???" :lol:

Yup, Favre Rat free passers are loose !

pbmax
10-07-2009, 07:17 AM
It just proves that we are morons. Ty is smarter than all of us. I tried battling him on posts over the past few weeks, but grew tired and weak. We are all buffoons really. I thought Chuck Norris was the Internet man, too.

But really it just means you should adopt one of those Ty Achievements as a sig. I'm sure he'd appreciate it...being knowingly smarter than us all. I used be really annoyed how Ty went post to post just bettering us all with his innate god-like knowledge saying "prove where I said that" or "you all have so much time so link evidence where I said that"....

Gunakor, I learned to acknowledge the fact Ty IS the "know-it-all" and "end it all" and have learned to accept it. It's fact, yo. It just is. :roll: :cry: You should too. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Do it soon, else you'll end up calling him out on his non-stop negative BS rips on all Rats, and he'll slam you with "Sad." as his comeback. You might be totally right, but regardless, he'll put you in your place with "Sad" and you won't want to come back and post on PackerRats.

I worshipped Chuck Norris, too, but Snake could barely could come back after those mightly slams.... :cry: :cry:
Cool story bro.

sheepshead
10-07-2009, 07:28 AM

No shit, what is the point of this. Drinking and posting? Ty write it in an email and send it to yourself.

mmmdk
10-07-2009, 07:32 AM

Cool story bro.

That's one way to handle it. I too got caught up in the online "road rage" last season. I got myself, foremost, and admin. to keep me and hopefully ALL posters in check. I still see some getting a free pass.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-07-2009, 08:16 PM

No shit, what is the point of this. Drinking and posting? Ty write it in an email and send it to yourself.

No one needs you to chime in. The point, went over your head, per usual.