PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Crabtree, 49ers agree to deal!!!!

SkinBasket
10-07-2009, 08:06 AM
How exciting!!! Time to begin his disappointing NFL career!

After months of holding out, wide receiver Michael Crabtree has agreed to a contract with the San Francisco 49ers, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Crabtree will get a six-year deal that he can void to five years if he meets undefined performance clauses, a league source told ESPN's Michael Smith.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4538482

pbmax
10-07-2009, 08:18 AM
He could smell the winning that Singletary is cooking.

Sparkey
10-07-2009, 08:24 AM

Maybe he felt left out after hearing all the stories of the trouser drop ?

mraynrand
10-07-2009, 08:27 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Scott Campbell
10-07-2009, 08:47 AM
It'll be interesting to see what he got now vs. what he was offered back before camp started.

pbmax
10-07-2009, 09:02 AM
It'll be interesting to see what he got now vs. what he was offered back before camp started.
PFT says nothing.

Kiwon
10-07-2009, 09:50 AM

Or maybe he was frightened that the Rams were going to take him in next year's draft.

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2009, 10:32 AM
How exciting!!! Time to begin his disappointing NFL career!

After months of holding out, wide receiver Michael Crabtree has agreed to a contract with the San Francisco 49ers, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Crabtree will get a six-year deal that he can void to five years if he meets undefined performance clauses, a league source told ESPN's Michael Smith.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4538482
lol

Guiness
10-07-2009, 10:40 AM
What's funny DBB? Unless you're referring to the entire situation.

Can't see what this guy will contribute this year, maybe outside of PR and KR duties?

If they hadn't signed him by Nov 17 (deadline for him to play this year) would they still have been allowed to talk to him after that and sign him for next year? Or does the NFL prohibit talks until that period before the draft when they could've traded him?

bobblehead
10-07-2009, 11:02 AM
I would have let him sit. Unless Crab caved on this the guy they draft in the first next year just learned a new tactic....and if were an agent, I would definately note it if the team ultimately caved right before the deadline.

packers11
10-07-2009, 11:13 AM
he is going to be a beast... THE RAIDERS ARE IDIOTS, DHB SUCKS!!!

Scott Campbell
10-07-2009, 12:27 PM
PFT says nothing.

PFT is speculating that Crabtree blinked, and the Niners held to the slotting.

I think that's a good thing, as it should discourage other morons from trying this crap.

packerbacker1234
10-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Who knows. Maybe in a couple week crabtree actually contributes. Even now he is still prolly their best WR outside of their TE.

MJZiggy
10-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if they went through all of this and the kid busts...

retailguy
10-07-2009, 06:55 PM

With that attitude? It is damn likely! My father in law is a die hard 49er fan, and you can bet I'll never let him forget that! :P

Tyrone Bigguns
10-07-2009, 08:06 PM

With that attitude? It is damn likely! My father in law is a die hard 49er fan, and you can bet I'll never let him forget that! :P

Classy as always.

denverYooper
10-07-2009, 08:10 PM

Lucky you. My father-in-law is a Vikings fan.

MJZiggy
10-07-2009, 08:23 PM

My ex father in law is a Ravens fan. Kinda works out. He still takes me to games when the Packers aren't playing. As a matter of fact, I need to call him about this weekend.

Bretsky
10-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Will Da Crab outperform Raji w/o any training camp ?

Scott Campbell
10-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Will Da Crab outperform Raji w/o any training camp ?

The bar isn't set real high thus far. But no, I don't think he will.

KYPack
10-07-2009, 09:29 PM

My ex father in law is a Ravens fan. Kinda works out. He still takes me to games when the Packers aren't playing. As a matter of fact, I need to call him about this weekend.

They are playin' the Bengals.

Ravens by a bunch.

MJZiggy
10-07-2009, 09:55 PM
That's what they said when the Pack played them.

Guiness
10-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Sportsline is reporting a 6 year deal with $17mil guaranteed, last year voidable.

Reports were that the original deal they offered was 5years and $16mil guaranteed. If that's the case, and the voidable is difficult to obtain, he didn't do himself any favours with this holdout, based on the contract he signed.

I can't see that mattering though. I'm pretty sure that if he's playing at a decent level after about 3yrs, he'll pull a Javon, look at his base salary, forget about the up front money, decide he's underpaid and hold out.