PDA

View Full Version : Punt Returner - Woodson?

Scott Campbell
10-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah, it subjects him to a beating. But I think he might be our best option, and special teams need to be more than an afterthought.

mraynrand
10-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Shouldn't do it. Woodson is old enough now that he's already on reduced practice during the week. Last week it was a foot, next week(s) who knows. Maybe, if the Pack is in dire straights, they could drop him back there for a return here and there, but it shouldn't be necessary. If it is, the season is over.

packers11
10-07-2009, 03:11 PM
No No and No... I'd rather have T. Williams back there... I don't like the idea of the best player on defense back as a PR... T.Williams looked pretty good back there when he got the chance to play, I believe he had a punt return against Carolina in 07...

gbgary
10-07-2009, 03:14 PM
please no!! he's too important and doesn't need exposed to that abuse.

Brando19
10-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Woodson as the punt returner would be the dumbest thing the team could do. Why risk your best player getting injured? You just don't.

Deputy Nutz
10-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Jordy Nelson is the great white hope

packerbacker1234
10-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Woodson as the punt returner would be the dumbest thing the team could do. Why risk your best player getting injured? You just don't.

Because he is really damn good at it. Same reason I was ashamed to not see Donald Driver in on EITHER of the onside kicks. The game is on the line, Sidney Rice is outjumping people for the ball. So, put our high jumping wr out there to go upa nd fight for the ball with Rice.... or leave FB's and LB's in to try and do it.

Seems liek a good coaching choice to me.

Look, Woodson is invaluable at CB, but when has he ever gotten hurt RETURNING a punt. I don't think it's ever happened in his entire career playing football. You do what is best for the team. If he is the best option, you play him. At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing Woodson on offense next to driver: At least he catches the ball.

packers11
10-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Look, Woodson is invaluable at CB, but when has he ever gotten hurt RETURNING a punt. I don't think it's ever happened in his entire career playing football. You do what is best for the team. If he is the best option, you play him. At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing Woodson on offense next to driver: At least he catches the ball.

2007 against Detriot... It kept him out of the Dallas game, and might have kept him out of another game...

rbaloha1
10-07-2009, 03:34 PM
T.Williams would be wonderful.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2009, 03:40 PM

2007 against Detriot... It kept him out of the Dallas game, and might have kept him out of another game...

If I remember it right, he got hurt by Tramon Williams.

SkinBasket
10-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Put James Jones back there. Lord knows he isn't doing anything else and according to most he has the acceleration of a fighter jet, the strength of a bull, and the ass of a supermodel.

sharpe1027
10-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Sounds like a job for Brett Swain, the utility man!

Freak Out
10-07-2009, 04:50 PM
The crazy Mormon is loose! :lol:

No to Woodson and yes to Nelson or Jones.

Brando19
10-07-2009, 06:52 PM

Exactly, Packers11. And Scott...regardless...he got hurt returning punts. I don't care how quick he may be....Woodson should not be returning punts. The guy cannot be replaced at CB and if he's out...we'll give up alot of points...way more than normal. Charles Woodson has suffered from turf toe...why risk it when we have Jordy and Tramon?

digitaldean
10-07-2009, 08:39 PM
I'd put Swain and Nelson back for KR's or PR's.

No way would I want C-Wood back there. Is he dynamic? Yes.

But the risk of having our best player on the team hurt, no way. Nelson is fast enough and Swain could do it too.

Nelson is starting to crack into the top 2 in our WR corps, but I'd still have him return kicks.

bobblehead
10-07-2009, 09:45 PM

Wasn't it JBush?? I though Bush did it in an attempt to get time at CB.

MichiganPackerFan
10-08-2009, 07:55 AM
How about Jolly? He'd be hard to bring down!!!

MadtownPacker
10-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Campbell, this is the stupidiest idea ever and I mean that. You should just start the "haha I was joking" excuse post immediately so we can forget this ever happened. How the fuck are you gonna expose the only guy that makes big plays on D like that? Dont be a penedejo.