PDA

View Full Version : Why I don't watch games with Viking fans

superfan
10-08-2009, 06:14 PM
http://wcco.com/local/Vikings.Packers.stabbing.2.1235975.html

Man Stabbed Over Vikings-Packers Game Argument

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) ― A man was arrested Monday night, after the Vikings vs. Packers game, for allegedly stabbing another man over an argument about a guy being a Packers fan. It all began at the Leaning Tower of Pizza Restaurant on Lyndale Avenue in Minneapolis.

Around 10:47 p.m., police officers were dispatched to the area for a stabbing complaint. Upon arrival, police spoke with Leif Heide, 41, of Minneapolis who said he'd been stabbed in the abdomen by another man, after the two began arguing about the football game.

Heide told police after the argument, he left the restaurant and the alleged stabber, later identified as Ryan Hinderaker, 30, of Minneapolis followed him outside to confront Heide about his behavior. Police said Heide is a Packers fan and Hinderaker was making fun of him for it.

While outside, Hinderaker pulled a knife out of his pocket and stabbed Heide in the stomach, according to the complaint. Hinderaker then left the scene and Heide was transported to Hennepin County Medical Center where he underwent surgery. Police say he's in satisfactory condition.

As officers searched the area for Hinderaker, he called 911 and stated that he had just stabbed a man near the restaurant. Officers recovered the knife from Hinderaker's pocket and took him into custody.

Rastak
10-08-2009, 06:17 PM
http://wcco.com/local/Vikings.Packers.stabbing.2.1235975.html

Man Stabbed Over Vikings-Packers Game Argument

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) ― A man was arrested Monday night, after the Vikings vs. Packers game, for allegedly stabbing another man over an argument about a guy being a Packers fan. It all began at the Leaning Tower of Pizza Restaurant on Lyndale Avenue in Minneapolis.

Around 10:47 p.m., police officers were dispatched to the area for a stabbing complaint. Upon arrival, police spoke with Leif Heide, 41, of Minneapolis who said he'd been stabbed in the abdomen by another man, after the two began arguing about the football game.

Heide told police after the argument, he left the restaurant and the alleged stabber, later identified as Ryan Hinderaker, 30, of Minneapolis followed him outside to confront Heide about his behavior. Police said Heide is a Packers fan and Hinderaker was making fun of him for it.

While outside, Hinderaker pulled a knife out of his pocket and stabbed Heide in the stomach, according to the complaint. Hinderaker then left the scene and Heide was transported to Hennepin County Medical Center where he underwent surgery. Police say he's in satisfactory condition.

As officers searched the area for Hinderaker, he called 911 and stated that he had just stabbed a man near the restaurant. Officers recovered the knife from Hinderaker's pocket and took him into custody.

Oh you don't, eh? :D

denverYooper
10-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Jeez dude, they won. Whatcha gotta get all stabby for?

Rastak
10-08-2009, 06:24 PM

A dude I know was sitting near a Packer fan at the dome about 5 or 6 years ago when said Packer fan, pissed after a loss, threw a beer in a woman's face after she dared call him on all the shit he was saying the entire game long. The next thing you know he was under a flurry of punches (couple Viking fans) as some nearby Packer fans tried to pull people off him.

What fun way to spend an evening....watch a game and have a brawl.... :roll:

denverYooper
10-08-2009, 06:35 PM

A dude I know was sitting near a Packer fan at the dome about 5 or 6 years ago when said Packer fan, pissed after a loss, threw a beer in a woman's face after she dared call him on all the shit he was saying the entire game long. The next thing you know he was under a flurry of punches (couple Viking fans) as some nearby Packer fans tried to pull people off him.

Agreed. Lame.

pbmax
10-08-2009, 08:16 PM
At least he was polite enough to save those poor officers the trouble of searching for him and the knife.

get louder at lambeau
10-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Whatcha gotta get all stabby for?

One of the all too rare posts that made me laugh out loud. Not "LOL", but actually laugh out loud.

So the guy is from Minnesota, is named Leif Heide, of all Nordic names, and is a Packer fan? No shit?

mraynrand
10-08-2009, 08:58 PM

Whatcha gotta get all Stubby for?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0n_5_PyvWXM/SpO7RBZZsnI/AAAAAAAAR7c/ZusphQOIHzc/s400/1.jpg

SkinBasket
10-08-2009, 09:41 PM
i stabbed nutz... with my lustful eyes.

bobblehead
10-08-2009, 10:30 PM

I'm a packer fan, but I wouldn't have been trying to pull anyone off, I would have been joining in if he tossed a beer in someones face.

superfan
10-08-2009, 11:01 PM
I thought this story was a bit odd. Specifically:

A man was arrested Monday night, after the Vikings vs. Packers game, for allegedly stabbing another man over an argument about a guy being a Packers fan.

Stabbed over an argument about a guy being a Packers fan?

So the guy is making fun of another guy, THEN stabs him? Kinda strange. :?:

Also strange. The attacker calls 911 and turns himself in, with the weapon in his possession. Uncommon, to say the least.

So now the article that is up has tweaked wording which completely changes the tone of the article. Gone is all mention of team affiliation or motivation other than "an argument about football". Changes from above are bolded below.

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) ― A man was arrested Monday night, after the Vikings vs. Packers game, for allegedly stabbing another man over an argument about football. It all began at the Leaning Tower of Pizza Restaurant on Lyndale Avenue in Minneapolis.

Heide told police after the argument, he left the restaurant and the alleged stabber, later identified as Ryan Hinderaker, 30, of Minneapolis followed him outside to confront Heide about his behavior. (comment about team affiliation omitted)

Bizarre. In its original format, the article almost read like a hate crime of some sort. Doesn't seem that way in its current diluted state.

superfan
10-08-2009, 11:09 PM
And now the Star Tribune has an entirely different take. Get your stories straight, fellas.

http://www.startribune.com/local/63722707.html?elr=KArksUUUoDEy3LGDiO7aiU

Packers' fan accused of stabbing man after Monday's loss

A Green Bay Packers fan has been charged with stabbing another man outside a Minneapolis restaurant Monday after the two argued over the game in which the Packers lost to the Minnesota Vikings, authorities said.

According to criminal assault charges filed Wednesday, Ryan Hinderaker, 30, "bickered back and forth" in the restaurant with a 41-year-old man about the game. Police said Hinderaker was wearing a Packers T-shirt.

After the game, the man followed Hinderaker outside to confront him about his behavior. Hinderaker then pulled a knife out of his pants pocket and stabbed the man in the stomach, the charges said.

The man needed surgery, but his injuries weren't life-threatening. Hinderaker, of Minneapolis, called 911 after the incident and turned himself in.

The incident happened at the Leaning Tower of Pizza on Lyndale Avenue S. Hinderaker couldn't be reached for comment.

Police said the victim wasn't wearing Vikings attire. Hinderaker was charged with felony second-degree assault.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Stabbing is ok. At least it wasn't a chair leg to the eye socket. :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
10-08-2009, 11:48 PM
The last Vikings-Packers game I went to at the Dome, I went with my Dad. My Dad is the type of guy that won't say anything to anybody during the game. He's not much for trash talking, but he had a Packers sweater on. He went to go to the bathroom and some dude started giving him shit and then told him that he was going to throw him over the ledge. We were in the upper deck. Besides being bad luck for the Packers at the Dome, that is a big reason that I haven't returned to the Dome. Just too much bad blood. That was back in the mid-90s. I think it was the Rubley game, but it might have been the Buckley game. I can't remember which one was the more recent.

Rastak
10-09-2009, 12:22 AM
Harv, man that's lame. To bad you didn't get a chance to "eject them".

I haven't seen too much bad stuff with my own eyes. I called the Viking offices to report a Viking fan for abusive behavior after a game, either last year or the year before during a Bears game but other than that, it's been pretty good. A couple of Eagles fans were pricks, couple of Pack fans, one Steelers fan.

Honestly, Monday night wasn't too bad. But I can sure see how you were soured on the experience. I don't mind talking about plays to opposing fans and I don't mind them cheering for their team but when a guy starts acting like a total dick is when trouble starts.

HarveyWallbangers
10-09-2009, 03:30 AM
Harv, man that's lame. To bad you didn't get a chance to "eject them".

I haven't seen too much bad stuff with my own eyes. I called the Viking offices to report a Viking fan for abusive behavior after a game, either last year or the year before during a Bears game but other than that, it's been pretty good. A couple of Eagles fans were pricks, couple of Pack fans, one Steelers fan.

Honestly, Monday night wasn't too bad. But I can sure see how you were soured on the experience. I don't mind talking about plays to opposing fans and I don't mind them cheering for their team but when a guy starts acting like a total dick is when trouble starts.

I'm not trying to paint Viking fans with a broad brush. Most are just fine, but there are enough people that get so riled up that it makes the experience a lot less enjoyable for me. I've seen minor incidents in Seattle, Tennessee, and at Lambeau--but my experience is that it gets pretty ugly for a Vikings-Packers game at the Metrodome. Of course, I haven't been to a game there in about 15 years, so things could be a lot different.

MichiganPackerFan
10-09-2009, 07:48 AM

I'm a packer fan, but I wouldn't have been trying to pull anyone off, I would have been joining in if he tossed a beer in someones face.

NEVER acceptable to waste beer.

sharpe1027
10-09-2009, 08:54 AM

I distinctly remember a drunk Vikings fan sitting directly behind me and yelling inappropriate things during the moment of silence for the late Reggie White. If it wasn't a "lady" and if her husband hadn't told her to shut the f-up, I am not sure what would not have happened.

Rastak
10-09-2009, 09:05 AM
A pop in the snoot would have been the proper response.

Dabaddestbear
10-09-2009, 09:42 AM

Wow(says the Bear fan) :shock:

Zool
10-09-2009, 09:47 AM
The last game i will attend at the dome happened 3 years ago. There was a moron Packer fan in front of me who wouldn't stop taunting every time the Packers had a positive play. There was a moron Viking fan behind me. Every time the taunting would start, she (the Viking fan) would start in with classy lines like

- you want Favre's salty discharge all over your face

or the ever popular

- you've had Favre's cock in your ass.

All of this while there was a kid next to me and kids behind her.

Now I'm not trying to say Viking fans are all like this, I'm saying people in general are ignorant.

Rastak
10-10-2009, 08:04 PM
http://www.twincities.com/ci_13519413?source=most_viewed&nclick_check=1

Hey Superfan,

After reading the latest it sounds like watching any game period with a Pack fan is dangerous...even if you have no skin in the game.

:wink: :wink:

A Green Bay Packers fan faces a second-degree assault charge after he allegedly stabbed another man in the stomach during his team's Monday night loss to the Minnesota Vikings.

The other man wasn't even a Vikings fan.

Ryan Hinderaker, 30, of Minneapolis, was watching the Pack's pummeling on television at the Leaning Tower of Pizza on Lyndale Avenue in Minneapolis when he started arguing with another man in the restaurant, said Sgt. William Palmer of the Minneapolis Police Department.

"This other man didn't understand why the suspect was arguing with him, because he was a Seahawks fan," Palmer said.

The Seahawks fan left the restaurant but Hinderaker, wearing a Packers T-shirt, followed him, Palmer said.

Outside, Hinderaker pulled a small knife and stabbed the victim once in the stomach, Palmer said.

The victim underwent surgery for his wound at Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis.

Hinderaker went home but ended up calling the police to confess, Palmer said. Hinderaker was arrested without incident and charged by the Hennepin County attorney's office with second-degree assault.

Palmer said that other than the stabbing and a few ejections at the Metrodome, the Twin Cities was relatively quiet during the Brett Favre-led Vikings 30-23 win over Green Bay.

John Brewer can be reached at 651-228-2093.

pbmax
10-10-2009, 08:53 PM
http://www.twincities.com/ci_13519413?source=most_viewed&nclick_check=1
Hey Superfan,
After reading the latest it sounds like watching any game period with a Pack fan is dangerous...even if you have no skin in the game.
:wink: :wink:

A Green Bay Packers fan faces a second-degree assault charge after he allegedly stabbed another man in the stomach during his team's Monday night loss to the Minnesota Vikings.

The other man wasn't even a Vikings fan.

Ryan Hinderaker, 30, of Minneapolis, was watching the Pack's pummeling on television at the Leaning Tower of Pizza on Lyndale Avenue in Minneapolis when he started arguing with another man in the restaurant, said Sgt. William Palmer of the Minneapolis Police Department.

"This other man didn't understand why the suspect was arguing with him, because he was a Seahawks fan," Palmer said.

The Seahawks fan left the restaurant but Hinderaker, wearing a Packers T-shirt, followed him, Palmer said.

Outside, Hinderaker pulled a small knife and stabbed the victim once in the stomach, Palmer said.

The victim underwent surgery for his wound at Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis.

Hinderaker went home but ended up calling the police to confess, Palmer said. Hinderaker was arrested without incident and charged by the Hennepin County attorney's office with second-degree assault.

Palmer said that other than the stabbing and a few ejections at the Metrodome, the Twin Cities was relatively quiet during the Brett Favre-led Vikings 30-23 win over Green Bay.

John Brewer can be reached at 651-228-2093.
"C'mon Officer, how was I to know that there are Seahawk fans East of Idaho?"