PDA

View Full Version : WR Corp Not Getting Any Love?

MOBB DEEP
10-10-2009, 09:30 PM
In particular G.J.

Poll on NFLN asked who is the best WR in the nfc and the options were steve smith (nyg), santana moss, calvin johnson, and desean jackson...BOGUS!

What in the wide world of sports? Jackson? Smith? But no jennings?

Im not sure what GJ's stats look like but im imagining they're comparable to these cats, seeing that aaron is lighting up the stat sheet!

Imo, he's top 3 in conference

What gives?

BallHawk
10-10-2009, 09:33 PM
11 rec, 240 yards, 1 TD.

He's not playing elite level.

MOBB DEEP
10-10-2009, 09:35 PM
11 rec, 240 yards, 1 TD.

So DD is leading the team?

Brando19
10-10-2009, 09:40 PM
11 rec, 240 yards, 1 TD.

I'd say DD is leading. Jennings has been invisible since making the game winning TD catch against the Bears. That poll is based on this season. It's about right, IMO.

MOBB DEEP
10-10-2009, 09:43 PM
11 rec, 240 yards, 1 TD.

I'd say DD is leading. Jennings has been invisible since making the game winning TD catch against the Bears. That poll is based on this season. It's about right, IMO.

Is jackson really producing like that? I know he's fast but didn think he was an all-around gamer

wist43
10-10-2009, 09:48 PM
11 rec, 240 yards, 1 TD.

Is jackson really producing like that? I know he's fast but didn think he was an all-around gamer

I have Jackson in a few fantasy leagues... prior to the bye, he was the #1 fantasy WR I think.

Yeah, he's producing big time.

pbmax
10-10-2009, 10:00 PM
McGinn, I think, said that from viewing tape, Jennings no longer is getting separation and his cuts are no longer as ankle breaking as they used to be.

Perhaps people have a read on him now OR that training session with the other elite WRs (Larry Fitzgerald, etc.) did him no favors.

Brandon494
10-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Still early in the season, Jennings will get his numbers by the end.

bobblehead
10-10-2009, 11:04 PM
McGinn, I think, said that from viewing tape, Jennings no longer is getting separation and his cuts are no longer as ankle breaking as they used to be.

Perhaps people have a read on him now OR that training session with the other elite WRs (Larry Fitzgerald, etc.) did him no favors.

Don't like this analysis. I wish it was cuz he is getting doubled.

Charles Woodson
10-10-2009, 11:18 PM
I know its alot to ask, but is it really that hard to do research before you post a thread?
Calvin Johnson 21 rec 323 yds 1 td

Desean Jackson 12 rec for 259 yds and 2 tds, 1 return td

Steve Smith 34 rec 411 yds and 4 tds

Santana Moss 17 rec 293 yds and 2 tds

Greg Jennings 11 rec 240 yds and 1 td

Moss has been garbage this year except for 2 huge td plays, and jackson has only played 3 games

Packers4Ever
10-10-2009, 11:34 PM
[quote="MOBB DEEP"]In particular G.J.

Poll on NFLN asked who is the best WR in the nfc and the options were steve smith (nyg), santana moss, calvin johnson, and desean jackson...BOGUS!

What in the wide world of sports? Jackson? Smith? But no jennings?

Im not sure what GJ's stats look like but im imagining they're comparable to these cats, seeing that aaron is lighting up the stat sheet!

Imo, he's top 3 in conferenc
What gives?[/quote

Damn right he's #3 in NFLN, Mobb, this is just ESPN's way of giving us / Packers
a slap in the face, I think. We'll be back ! :D

Tyrone Bigguns
10-10-2009, 11:56 PM
I know its alot to ask, but is it really that hard to do research before you post a thread?
Calvin Johnson 21 rec 323 yds 1 td

Desean Jackson 12 rec for 259 yds and 2 tds, 1 return td

Steve Smith 34 rec 411 yds and 4 tds

Santana Moss 17 rec 293 yds and 2 tds

Greg Jennings 11 rec 240 yds and 1 td

Moss has been garbage this year except for 2 huge td plays, and jackson has only played 3 games

QFT

Bossman641
10-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Something is definitely wrong with Jennings. He has disappeared from the offense. I continue to believe he has an injury we haven't heard about.

Fritz
10-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Where the hell are the rest of them?

DD has dropped a lot of balls - but then again, he has a little history of that.

James Jones has been invisible.

Jordy Nelson has been translucent.

retailguy
10-11-2009, 11:57 AM

DD has dropped a lot of balls - but then again, he has a little history of that.

Rodgers is too busy looking where the next hit is coming from to see them open. Receivers are not the problem. Rodgers is not the problem. Offensive line IS the problem. When that changes, the rest of it will fix itself.

Fritz
10-11-2009, 12:01 PM
I hope you are right. I'd like us to be cheering a 5-2 Packer team in a month from now.

retailguy
10-11-2009, 12:11 PM
I hope you are right. I'd like us to be cheering a 5-2 Packer team in a month from now.

That is not likely to happen. I said "when the line changes". I didn't say that would be soon. Overlooking a suitable backup at LT is a critical mistake that I do not think is fixable in the middle of the season. If Cliffy holds up, maybe, but how likely is that?

But I stand by what I said, "IF" the OL gets fixed the offense will be just fine, and maybe even stellar. Wish I thought "IF" would be soon...

rbaloha1
10-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Plain and simple -- too many drops. The group is clearly under performing.

retailguy
10-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Plain and simple -- too many drops. The group is clearly under performing.

Respectfully, I don't think it's that plain and simple at all.

bobblehead
10-11-2009, 03:48 PM

Rodgers is too busy looking where the next hit is coming from to see them open. Receivers are not the problem. Rodgers is not the problem. Offensive line IS the problem. When that changes, the rest of it will fix itself.
Our line is bad on an epic scale, but Rodgers is getting happy feet and compounding the problem by not hitting his checkdowns when he feels the heat. Drops also add to the problem.

Just as I said last year, a few small things could change out line in a hurry...COULD. Imagine we sign Tausch and he looks back to form. Imagine cliffy gets hurt again and we sign Levi who looks like he has regained form. All of a sudden the OL could look really good in a hurry. Hell, just Tausch with cliffy looking solid would change things a lot.

packerbacker1234
10-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Better question is why isn't Driver on the list. 7 or 8 straight seasons 1000 yards, averaging 5 TD's a season.

I mean, the guy has been a beast for us, and is still a beast for us this year.

That is the true embarassment. GJ has to do it another year or two to be up there. Right now he had a pretty decent rookie year, a great year the last year favre was here, and pretty good year last year. This year, he has sucked. Not TO suck, but pretty much.

ThunderDan
10-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Better question is why isn't Driver on the list. 7 or 8 straight seasons 1000 yards, averaging 5 TD's a season.

That is the true embarassment. GJ has to do it another year or two to be up there. Right now he had a pretty decent rookie year, a great year the last year favre was here, and pretty good year last year. This year, he has sucked. Not TO suck, but pretty much.

1,293 Yards, 9 TD and 80 receptions in 2008 for GJ, that is a lot better than pretty good.

Fritz
10-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Yikes.

packerbacker1234
10-12-2009, 01:43 PM

1,293 Yards, 9 TD and 80 receptions in 2008 for GJ, that is a lot better than pretty good.

I apologize. How have those numbers translated to this year? How he can be listed as one of the best in the NFC THIS YEAR, when he's not even the best on the team this year. Who's the best? Reliable DD.

ThunderDan
10-12-2009, 02:07 PM

I apologize. How have those numbers translated to this year? How he can be listed as one of the best in the NFC THIS YEAR, when he's not even the best on the team this year. Who's the best? Reliable DD.

I didn't say anything about his 2009 performance. His 2008 performance was way above "pretty good."

MadtownPacker
10-12-2009, 02:13 PM
I didn't say anything about his 2009 performance. His 2008 performance was way above "pretty good."I would call it "pretty good" cause 100 catches, 12-15 TDs and 1400yds counts as great IMO. That is way above good.

ThunderDan
10-12-2009, 02:23 PM
I didn't say anything about his 2009 performance. His 2008 performance was way above "pretty good."I would call it "pretty good" cause 100 catches, 12-15 TDs and 1400yds counts as great IMO. That is way above good.

Greg Jennings in 2008 was:
16th in catches
6th in yards
8th in TDs
1st in receptions for 40+ yards

Anytime you have a WR who is in the top 10 in 2 out of the 3 main receiving stats and 3 of 3 in the top 20 thats damn good.

Scott Campbell
10-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Something is definitely wrong with Jennings. He has disappeared from the offense. I continue to believe he has an injury we haven't heard about.

Lingering wrist issues?