PDA

View Full Version : The Offense: Lions Week 6

pbmax
10-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Clifton (LT), Colledge (LG), Spitz (C), Sitton (RG) and Barbre (RTurnstile) were the starting five. Lang took snaps at Left Tackle.

Tauscher took part in individual drills, not the team portion or the jog through. Bedard speculates he is at least a week away. He had a brace on the knee and looked gassed and to be favoring the leg.

Brandon Jackson is back at practice.

bobblehead
10-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Clifton (LT), Colledge (LG), Spitz (C), Sitton (RG) and Barbre (RTurnstile) were the starting five. Lang took snaps at Left Tackle.

Tauscher took part in individual drills, not the team portion or the jog through. Bedard speculates he is at least a week away. He had a brace on the knee and looked gassed and to be favoring the leg.

we'll see who is a week away when babre whiffs 3 times in the fist quarter then MM declares he hurt his ankle so he HAS to put tauscher in.

Fritz
10-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Okay. So Lang is the backup LT.

What is Giacomini? The backup to the backup right tackle?

Luckily the Lions are hurting and lack defensive talent.

This would be a good chance for the o-line to play much better and gain some confidence.

Cheesehead Craig
10-12-2009, 01:10 PM

Finally! The BJack has come back to the offense!

Fritz
10-12-2009, 01:17 PM
It would be nice to have the guy back so Wynn doesn't get to play.

I used to the the president of the DeShawn Wynn fan club ("Everyone's a Wynner, baby!") but I gave up that post after his second dropped pass of this year.

I'm thinking of starting a Breno Giacomini fan club now.

PackerTimer
10-12-2009, 01:19 PM

I'm looking forward to getting Jackson back. Wynn doesn't do anything and I think BJack can be a huge plus in the passing game.

bobblehead
10-12-2009, 01:22 PM

I used to the the president of the DeShawn Wynn fan club ("Everyone's a Wynner, baby!") but I gave up that post after his second dropped pass of this year.

Unfortunatley Wynn's best spot is the first down back. He blocks ok, runs well, and catches for shit. Bjack is the best recieving back we have...he might be the best at all 3 jobs if you let him run more, hard to say.

Bottom line though, wynn has gotten tougher and still runs with power and instinct, but he isn't a natural 3rd down back. I used to be the head of the "tampax wynn" club, but I have come around a bit. He is miscast trying to catch the ball though.

esoxx
10-12-2009, 07:21 PM

What is Giacomini?

A stiff.

Brandon494
10-12-2009, 08:30 PM

Good to hear, BJax will really help as a 3rd down back and I'm not so sure Tauscher will be in the starting lineup for atleast a month.

retailguy
10-12-2009, 09:00 PM

What is Giacomini?

A stiff.

Still developing. Still not ready. Kind of like TJ Lang, Evan Detrich-Smith, and Allen Barbre...

Partial
10-12-2009, 09:01 PM

Unfortunatley Wynn's best spot is the first down back. He blocks ok, runs well, and catches for shit. Bjack is the best recieving back we have...he might be the best at all 3 jobs if you let him run more, hard to say.

Bottom line though, wynn has gotten tougher and still runs with power and instinct, but he isn't a natural 3rd down back. I used to be the head of the "tampax wynn" club, but I have come around a bit. He is miscast trying to catch the ball though.

My opinions are very much in line with this post.

pbmax
10-12-2009, 10:01 PM
We need mraynrand to calculate what exact percentage of Tauscher now is better than 100% of Barbre. Its going to take the Cray some time to work through the permutations.

CaliforniaCheez
10-13-2009, 02:48 PM
The Lions have given opponents the highest QB rating in the league.

The game had better be one by 20 points or things will get real bad for the coaching staff.

Pugger
10-13-2009, 03:40 PM
I truly don't care what the final score is as long as we win the stinkin game. How come nobody said anything negative about the Steelers 'only' beating the loins by one score on Sunday? Was anyone in MN wringing their hands because the queens won because of a last second TD pass by BF against the 49ers? The important thing is getting the W, not the final score! :roll:

SkinBasket
10-13-2009, 05:07 PM

I was going to order his jersey before everyone kept saying he sucks. I don't want the jersey of a guy who gets cut. I want the jersey of a 3rd string OL with a sexy name.

sharpe1027
10-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Skin,

You're selling yourself short on the charm score for your sig.

Nice picture...princess bride?

pbmax
10-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Clifton practicing today. Tauscher in individual drills only. Wynn and Kuhn missed practice with what Bedard guesses was the flu as they did not have reported injuries.

Fritz
10-14-2009, 01:12 PM

What is Giacomini?

A stiff.

As president of the newly-formed Breno Giacomini fan club, I wish to correct you.

He's not a stiff; he's a stiffy.

pbmax
10-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Official Word:
S Atari Bigby (knee, full participation),
LT Chad Clifton (ankle, limited),
LG Daryn Colledge (knee, full),
FB Korey Hall (calf, out),
RB Brandon Jackson (ankle, full),
DL Cullen Jenkins (ankle, limited),
NT Ryan Pickett (hip, limited),
LB Brady Poppinga (illness, did not participate),
T Mark Tauscher (knee, limited),
OLB Jeremy Thompson (knee, limited),
RB DeShawn Wynn (knee, did not participate)

pbmax
10-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Korey Hall has a calf pull from Monday. That means the Sledgehammer is going to be active.

retailguy
10-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Korey Hall has a calf pull from Monday. That means the Sledgehammer is going to be active.

Thank God we have 3 fullbacks. If we didn't, what would we do? :shock: