PDA

View Full Version : I had a crazy dream last night

Lurker64
10-12-2009, 01:42 PM
I dreamed that during the oncoming fire sale in Cleveland, our esteemed general Manager Mr. Thompson managed to acquire Joe Thomas for a bundle of picks. Sadly, I woke up and this was not the case, but it left me wondering that since I didn't recall exactly what picks were exchanged, what exactly would a franchise left tackle be worth?

The going rate for a franchise QB seems to be around two firsts (Cutler) and the going rate for a franchise DE seems to be about a first and two thirds (Jarred Allen), so I'd think that the rate for a franchise LT would be somewhere around there.

Man, would I like to see Joe Thomas in a Packer uniform, two first rounders? No problem.

Pugger
10-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Where in the heck did this rumor about Joe Thomas begin? I just can't imagin any GM that has a pulse will trade away a franchise LT. It would be nice to have him in green and gold but that scenario truly is a fairy tale.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2009, 01:54 PM
This whole thomas thing is so stupid that anyone bringing it up should be banned.

Because when a GM looks to build a club, they never think about a LT as a foundation. :roll:

hoosier
10-12-2009, 02:40 PM
I dreamed that during the oncoming fire sale in Cleveland, our esteemed general Manager Mr. Thompson managed to acquire Joe Thomas for a bundle of picks. Sadly, I woke up and this was not the case, but it left me wondering that since I didn't recall exactly what picks were exchanged, what exactly would a franchise left tackle be worth?

The going rate for a franchise QB seems to be around two firsts (Cutler) and the going rate for a franchise DE seems to be about a first and two thirds (Jarred Allen), so I'd think that the rate for a franchise LT would be somewhere around there.

Man, would I like to see Joe Thomas in a Packer uniform, two first rounders? No problem.

Maybe TT could get Clev to lower their asking price to one 1st and a 3rd...if the Packers agree to take Derek Anderson too.

cheesner
10-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Where in the heck did this rumor about Joe Thomas begin? I just can't imagin any GM that has a pulse will trade away a franchise LT. It would be nice to have him in green and gold but that scenario truly is a fairy tale.I used to think what kink of GM would trade away a franchise QB. Then Denver did it and appears to be better off.

pbmax
10-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Its Mangini we are talking about. Look at the way the guy goes through cell phones. If we can convince Thomas to be late to a couple of meetings, he might get cut.

ThunderDan
10-12-2009, 02:49 PM
This whole thomas thing is so stupid that anyone bringing it up should be banned.

Because when a GM looks to build a club, they never think about a LT as a foundation. :roll:

Guess I should leave then. :wink:

I was just trying to think of a really good LT we could trade Kampman and a few picks to get. Of course I forgot that Cleveland runs the 3-4 too.

get louder at lambeau
10-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Some guys dream about young, 120 lb females, others dream about 300 lb dudes. To each his own.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2009, 03:13 PM

Guess I should leave then. :wink:

I was just trying to think of a really good LT we could trade Kampman and a few picks to get. Of course I forgot that Cleveland runs the 3-4 too.

What we should be thinking about is trading AK for a reasonable LT. Average starter.

AK is going to be 31, very few teams are gonna value him highly. Or rather as more than just a good..not elite, not very good...player.

Remember, guys like howie long were out of the league at 33. AK will soon be entering vonnie holliday territory...serviceable pro.

esoxx
10-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Sounds like a wet dream.

Brandon494
10-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Joe Thomas isnt going anywhere.

woodbuck27
10-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Its Mangini we are talking about. Look at the way the guy goes through cell phones. If we can convince Thomas to be late to a couple of meetings, he might get cut.

but. . .but . . but how many days would TT think about acquiring Thomas?

How about Kampman (who seems lost right now) and our 3rd or 4th WR plus a third round pick in 2010 offer for Thomas?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2009, 08:44 PM

How about Kampman (who seems lost right now) and our 3rd or 4th WR plus a third round pick in 2010 offer for Thomas?

they would laugh in our face with that offer.

Aging DE and 2 average players for pro bowl/on the track for HOF LT.

falco
10-12-2009, 08:45 PM

pfft, if woodbuck was our GM he'd trade two first rounders to Seattle to get Jon Ryan back. :lol:

Brando19
10-12-2009, 08:46 PM

Agreed...the only fool to fall for that deal is Al Davis. I believe it would take Kampman and 2 first round picks to get Joe away from Cleveland.

falco
10-12-2009, 08:49 PM
if Kampman sucks in the 3-4, why would Cleveland even want him?

Deputy Nutz
10-12-2009, 08:50 PM

This isn't fantasy football.

falco
10-12-2009, 08:50 PM
for the record, i made my post about Woody loving Jon Ryan one minute before he posted about Jon Ryan in the other thread.

Brando19
10-12-2009, 08:52 PM

Good cuz you suck monkey cock at it. :lol: :wink:

Deputy Nutz
10-12-2009, 08:56 PM

Monkeys have small cocks, You are a horse cocksucker

Brando19
10-12-2009, 08:59 PM

Monkeys have small cocks, You are a horse cocksucker

You son of a bitch...who have you been talking to?

MJZiggy
10-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Sorry...

Brando19
10-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Sorry...

:evil:

woodbuck27
10-12-2009, 09:23 PM

** Aging DE and 2 average players for pro bowl/on the track for HOF LT.

pfft, if woodbuck was our GM he'd trade two first rounders to Seattle to get Jon Ryan back. :lol:

** Aging DE and 2 average players for pro bowl/on the track for HOF LT.

I tossed that out there to indicate that as I see it. We don't have the talent available beyond 4-5 key role players (ie A.Rodgers, G. Jennings, C. Woodson and maybe Collins or Hawk) to even seriously consider a trade for a talent like LT Joe Thomas. Our team lacks not only depth but talent positionally overall.

Now why is that even possibly true? I predict that most (not all) here will get it over the remainder of this season and next.

FALCO:

Yea sure (always the woodbuck27 and the cheap shot, the tired Jon Ryan schtick Falco) . Your a curse to any general goodwill on this forum. You love to stir up or instigate trouble and pile on. Why don't you ever quit?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Why do you bring up Jon Ryan in a jets/fins game?

woodbuck27
10-12-2009, 09:26 PM
for the record, i made my post about Woody loving Jon Ryan one minute before he posted about Jon Ryan in the other thread.

Do you really think before you post? Would anyone ever accuse you of that Falco?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2009, 09:30 PM

Do you really think before you post? Would anyone ever accuse you of that Falco?

Ty gets that you don't appreciate the ribbing, but to criticize someone for not thinking.....dude, you posted a Tauscher sigining thread when there was already a 2 page thread on that....and, it ain't the first time you have done that.

You are pretty much defining irony.

falco
10-12-2009, 09:30 PM
my ribbing is good hearted in nature. its for your pleasure.

woodbuck27
10-12-2009, 09:31 PM

If you must know I was re-calling the big play punter Jon Ryan made for us on a punting situation where he instead of punting made a fantastic run for a big first down.

Now jam that Ty. I'm positive your capable of it. No don't! PLEASE.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2009, 09:31 PM

Fag.

channtheman
10-12-2009, 09:34 PM

Fag.

Hey now we don't need these kinds of insults in here.

falco
10-12-2009, 09:36 PM

Fag.

its actually a little hurtful, considering today is the 11th anniversary of Matthew Shepherd's death.

woodbuck27
10-12-2009, 09:36 PM

Ty gets that you don't appreciate the ribbing, but to criticize someone for not thinking.....dude, you posted a Tauscher sigining thread when there was already a 2 page thread on that....and, it ain't the first time you have done that.

I looked and didn't see that info up. It just arrived in my mailbox fr. Packers.Com before I thought of putting it down here. If I duplicated it I ask that the thread be deleted. Maybe I can do that?

Is all that satisfactory even for your standards Ty?

woodbuck27
10-12-2009, 09:41 PM

No Falco. It's because your a not even any good at faking being a smartass instigating troublemaker. What a miserable life you must live.

Tyrone Bigguns

If you must know I was re-calling the big play punter Jon Ryan made for us on a punting situation where he instead of punting made a fantastic run for a big first down.

Now jam that Ty. I'm positive your capable of it. No don't! PLEASE.

Dude. You need to let it go. We know you are proud of your canadian brother...but isn't even a sentence in the long story of the pack.

falco

No Falco. It's because your a not even any good at faking being a smartass instigating troublemaker. What a miserable life you must live.

get bent woody. I've never done anything to you.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2009, 09:43 PM

Fag.

Chan.....ribbing, for pleasure....like a condom.....two guys...get it?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2009, 09:46 PM

I looked and didn't see that info up. It just arrived in my mailbox fr. Packers.Com before I thought of putting it down here. If I duplicated it I ask that the thread be deleted. Maybe I can do that?

Is all that satisfactory even for your standards Ty?

If you looked then you have big problem...either eyesight or comprehension since it has been pretty much no further down than half....titled: TAUSCHER SIGNS.

You have done this kind of thing repeatedly....days after something happens..you post the same thing.

I don't care what you do....i was merely pointing out that criticizing someone for not thinking is funny....coming from you.

MichiganPackerFan
10-13-2009, 10:51 AM

Especially considering the amount of production we've gotten out of TT's first round (AR and current year notwithstanding), that may be a cheap price to pay for an established player. It will never happen, but hypothetically...

Administrator
10-13-2009, 11:17 AM
The off topic discussion needs to cease.

Ty, it is my job to police duplicate threads. Please let me handle it, and keep your criticism to yourself. I am about done reminding you of things like this. Fight until the death is something that I'm just about tired of reading. Make your point once, then let it go.

Fritz
10-13-2009, 02:42 PM
They signed Mark Tauscher!!!

Cheesehead Craig
10-13-2009, 02:52 PM

Really? You should start a thread about that.

MJZiggy
10-13-2009, 07:07 PM

That wasn't a dream dear. Now the one I had about Mad writing a book that I was supposed to edit...

MadtownPacker
10-13-2009, 11:32 PM

That wasn't a dream dear. Now the one I had about Mad writing a book that I was supposed to edit...What you bring me up in this shit for chickenhead? Isnt there some new guy your cougar ass should be hunting down instead?

MJZiggy
10-14-2009, 05:56 AM

That wasn't a dream dear. Now the one I had about Mad writing a book that I was supposed to edit...What you bring me up in this shit for chickenhead? Isnt there some new guy your cougar ass should be hunting down instead?

Ahhh...feel the love and affection! No, there's no new guy, dear but I wasn't aware there was an old guy my "cougar" ass should have been hunting down. Hmmmm.....

ThunderDan
10-15-2009, 01:56 PM

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-10-14/10-pack-trades-should-be-made-before-deadline

Look Ty, now Florio is copying my craziness.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-15-2009, 02:47 PM

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-10-14/10-pack-trades-should-be-made-before-deadline

Florio is now banned from this board.

ThunderDan
10-15-2009, 02:52 PM

Ha ha ha. :lol:

Lurker64
10-15-2009, 03:23 PM

Is my subconscious banned from this board as well? Last night I dreamed about dinosaurs.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-15-2009, 03:46 PM

Is my subconscious banned from this board as well? Last night I dreamed about dinosaurs.

If TT offered more than a 4th round pick for a allasaurus, then no.

pbmax
10-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Very short books:

Masters of the Draft: Jacksonville Jaguars

SkinBasket
10-15-2009, 08:48 PM
I hate when the ghosts steal the sheets.

SkinBasket
10-15-2009, 08:51 PM
A double post. How embarrassing... For all of you.

SnakeLH2006
10-16-2009, 02:23 AM
I'm embarrassed. Don't know why. How about a free sub sandwich or something, Skin?