PDA

View Full Version : Reasons for optimism

bobblehead
10-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Ok, enough doom and gloom recently. I want to start a thread for people to point out reasons to be optimistic.

I'll start. Strength of opponents. Ok, Rams suck and we beat them up. We beat a chicago team that no one else has. We lost to the vikes....no one beat them yet. We lost to the bengals who seem to have found themselves. Their only loss was a fluky play against a 5-0 team as well. Even though the schedule looked soft going in clearly the 4 teams we played were tough...only the Rams look crappy.

come on rats, gimme your green and gold kool aid.

Brandon494
10-12-2009, 05:19 PM
-Clay Matthews is looking like a stud

-Jenkins and Jolly have looked good in the 3-4

-Clifton and Bigby will be back from injury when we face the Lions

-AR has been putting up good numbers behind the worst line in the league.

sheepshead
10-12-2009, 05:21 PM
I still say Favre doesnt make it 16 games, thus disarray in Minnesota when he goes down or fades. Chicago still scares me as I dont think they are operating on all cylinders yet (Forte, Olsen). You're right about our opponents. Its nice to look ahead and write some W's in. If we win the games we should win, take that Vikings game--we're in the hunt for sure.

packrulz
1. ARod hasn't been injured yet.
2. Finley is beginning to improve.
3. Cliffy and Taucher will be back.
4. I like all our WR's.
5. The defense almost shut down Adrian Peterson. Pretty impressive for a new defense.

channtheman
We play the Lions and the Browns the next 2 weeks. On the flipside the Vikings play the Ravens and the Steelers. We could be looking at a 5-2 Vikings team vs. a 4-2 Packer team for the division lead 3 weeks from now.

pbmax
10-12-2009, 05:29 PM
The run defense will spark a surge. Once the defense can hang its hat on that, then the blitz options will improve (along with opportunities). When that happens, we will get burned by Stephen Jackson runs on those blitzes less.

Its the first clear step learning the defense at the regular season level.

sharpe1027
10-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Nelson looks better than Blackman at kick returner.

Peterson was held in check for 4 quarters.

Barbre has improved and might get his feet under him yet.

I thought Lang wasn't too bad for his first time out.

Raji is just getting comfortable.

Gloom and doom predictions regarding the demise of Al in the 3-4 zone schemes and due to age were completely off-base.

Kampman is getting to the QB about the same as he did the second half of last season and is solid against the run.

Our defense will have many more blitz-options, if they can fix the SS issues.

The inability of Pickett to play a 3-4 nose for Capers scheme was wrong.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Chilly is still coaching the vikes.

sheepshead
10-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Chilly is still coaching the vikes.

:)

cheesner
10-12-2009, 05:50 PM
5. The defense almost shut down Adrian Peterson. Pretty impressive for a new defense.
Holding Peterson under 60 IS shutting him down.

Other things to feel warm and fuzzy about:

1. OL will get better. More playing time these guys get together the better they will play.
2. The last few years the Packers have gotten better after starting poorly. I hope this is a trend that continues.
3. Vikings historically collapse around game 12. Favre last few seasons collapses around game 9. Favre playing for the Vikes will have a compounding collapse effect. According to my calculations, that should occur around the middle of the 3rd quarter of Week 6.
4. Despite reaaallly poor play of the OL, the Packers have been competitive in each of their games. Marginal improvement there will go a long way to making this team better.

sheepshead
10-12-2009, 05:57 PM
-Clay Matthews is looking like a stud

-Jenkins and Jolly have looked good in the 3-4

-Clifton and Bigby will be back from injury when we face the Lions

-AR has been putting up good numbers behind the worst line in the league.

I like this guy(in your sig sorry)-notice the packer helmet made from a motorcycle helmet--very nice

mngolf19
10-12-2009, 06:17 PM
:lol:

pbmax
10-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Allright superfan, Harv and Zool. Find this guy. Write "Your Welcome" on his backside. Your choice of writing implements.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/paisans_2006/thxTed_deanna.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2009, 06:28 PM
That guy deserves to get stabbed.

The Shadow
10-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Teams invariably hit a bump or two in the road.
The Packers are getting theirs out of the way early.
Plenty of reason for optimism.
I think the offense will jell very soon and start to resemble that preseason juggernaut, while Capers will tinker the yips out of the D.
Mathews needs to play more.

Bretsky
10-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Rodgers has a bright future
Driver does not look like he's aging one bit
Finley looks like he'll be a stud in two years and flash a load of potential this year

retailguy
10-12-2009, 07:17 PM

You could do it. Then we'd kill two birds with one stone. :P

mmmdk
10-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Uhm...we're playing the Lions. :shock:

Uhm...will it snow? Lions don't like snow ! :P

Rastak
10-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Allright superfan, Harv and Zool. Find this guy. Write "Your Welcome" on his backside. Your choice of writing implements.

That's awesome.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rastak
10-12-2009, 08:09 PM

You could do it. Then we'd kill two birds with one stone. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny stuff tonight!

bobblehead
10-12-2009, 09:16 PM

Pretty sure I hit the one on the right when I was in college....on another note I'm feeling much better after reading this thread. Give TT and MM another extension :P

retailguy
10-12-2009, 09:17 PM

Pretty sure I hit the one on the right when I was in college....on another note I'm feeling much better after reading this thread. Give TT and MM another extension :P

Isn't that Favre's oldest daughter?

Brandon494
10-12-2009, 09:18 PM

Isn't that Favre's wife and daughter?

Deputy Nutz
10-12-2009, 09:20 PM
No, that is not his daughter, I would guess it is a member of his wife's family

pbmax
10-12-2009, 09:53 PM
I cannot vouch for whether this one is serious.

http://twitter.com/brittany_favre

Partial
10-12-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm pretty sure that's her. Her tweets, when good, get reported on WSSP in there "tweets of the day" section.