PDA

View Full Version : Sleep

Partial
10-13-2009, 12:49 AM
I do not envy you people with young kids. I typically get about 4-5 hours per night during the week and 10-11 on Sat and Sun. I cannot imagine not having the weekends to sleep in because little Johnny is throwing a fit about something dumb.

In summary, sleep is good and something I wish I had more time to participate in.

hoosier
10-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Well good news: we don't envy you either.

MichiganPackerFan
10-13-2009, 09:03 AM
I think I need a 7 hours to lead a healthy life, but 4-6 is the norm. Can't imagine trying to fit everything into that time AND having kids...

retailguy
10-13-2009, 09:22 AM
I think I need a 7 hours to lead a healthy life, but 4-6 is the norm. Can't imagine trying to fit everything into that time AND having kids...

Your priorities change, and some of the things that are important to you now become unimportant. Some of the things I read about here, that you guys do, I have to admit, I laugh my ass off.

I don't even think about doing those things anymore. Not even sure I'd enjoy them any longer.

Partial is making chicken, pizzas and experimenting with every crazy recipe he can find. I'm making chicken the same way I've made it for the past 4 years, just to put dinner on the table before the 11 & 13 year olds eat the table and the table legs. Taking pictures of it? Yeah, right. Not a bit of a concern for me. Telling you all about it? Not usually.

If I want to experiment? Saturday. If I want to grill? Saturday. You get the picture.

Last night, I answered 12 math questions before half time of the game... (And got them all correct, I might add, even understood how to "solve" this stupid new math)

You'll also find ways to get more sleep. Because you need it.

MJZiggy
10-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Since I went back to work, the issue of getting the food on the table before the table is eaten becomes "if you want it faster, you cook it." But you're right. If I want something fancy in the kitchen, the handsomest boy ever and I do it together on Saturday after the other chores get done.

Partial
10-14-2009, 09:41 AM
I need more sleep

Freak Out
10-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Sleep is overrated.

Partial
10-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Sleep is overrated.

Nah that is just not true. Being tired all the time is awful

Patler
10-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Your priorities change, and some of the things that are important to you now become unimportant. Some of the things I read about here, that you guys do, I have to admit, I laugh my ass off.

I don't even think about doing those things anymore. Not even sure I'd enjoy them any longer.

You speak the truth.

Before I had kids, I couldn't imagine how I could ever deal with it. But from the second I first held kid #1, NOTHING was as important to me as what he needed; not sleep, not money, not things I previously wanted or did. With each successive child (we had a small herd) I was happier and happier. What I really wanted and needed was to be with them and provide for them, to give them opportunities and watch them run with them. What I wanted to spend my money on were the things they needed. What I wanted to spend my time on was attending their activities, being involved in their programs. Sleep? A few hours a night were plenty.

I know it sounds sappy, but I truly enjoyed raising my kids, running from one school event to another; one athletic event to another; or just being with them, home or on the road. I have never felt more useful than when I was raising my kids. The rest didn't matter, and mostly still doesn't; even though my youngest has been an adult for years.

Funny how that works.

Freak Out
10-14-2009, 01:07 PM
The most fun I've ever had was with my children.

Scott Campbell
10-14-2009, 01:52 PM

You speak the truth.

Before I had kids, I couldn't imagine how I could ever deal with it. But from the second I first held kid #1, NOTHING was as important to me as what he needed; not sleep, not money, not things I previously wanted or did. With each successive child (we had a small herd) I was happier and happier. What I really wanted and needed was to be with them and provide for them, to give them opportunities and watch them run with them. What I wanted to spend my money on were the things they needed. What I wanted to spend my time on was attending their activities, being involved in their programs. Sleep? A few hours a night were plenty.

I know it sounds sappy, but I truly enjoyed raising my kids, running from one school event to another; one athletic event to another; or just being with them, home or on the road. I have never felt more useful than when I was raising my kids. The rest didn't matter, and mostly still doesn't; even though my youngest has been an adult for years.

Funny how that works.

Thank you Pappa.

Your favorite son,

Scott

Scott Campbell
10-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Some people don't enjoy kids, and probably shouldn't have them. But I've enjoyed every second of raising my kids.

sheepshead
10-14-2009, 03:43 PM
I do not envy you people with young kids. I typically get about 4-5 hours per night during the week and 10-11 on Sat and Sun. I cannot imagine not having the weekends to sleep in because little Johnny is throwing a fit about something dumb.

In summary, sleep is good and something I wish I had more time to participate in.

The most comforting point I get from this is you havent reproduced.

MJZiggy
10-14-2009, 06:24 PM

Kid makes me laugh like no one else can. Makes me more proud than I ever could have imagined.

HowardRoark
10-14-2009, 09:22 PM

You speak the truth.

Funny how that works.

Excellent post. Recently, I asked my Dad what the best time of his life was. He quickly answered that when my brothers and I were in sports when we were kids....running around watching all our games.

I had kids later in my life, so I had a lot of opportunity to travel and do a whole lot of very exciting and fun things when I was single and had a few dollars in my pockets, but nothing compares to going on a bike ride with the kids or just playing catch in the yard.

Deputy Nutz
10-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Kids are great. But it ain't all sunshine and fucking roses.

Patler
10-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Kids are great. But it ain't all sunshine and fucking roses.

Of course not, but does that make the endeavor any less fulfilling? Not from my experience. I felt I needed to contribute the most when times were the worst.

Partial
10-17-2009, 12:16 AM
It's 12:15 am. I'm up washing bedding. I don't want to sleep in my bed until the bedding is clean. Hmmm.

I have to get up by 5 to get to the gym tomorrow, then to go to the football game. Sometimes I wonder whether the added stress of not getting enough rest is worth the pleasure of getting up to participate in whatever event in going on early.

MJZiggy
10-17-2009, 06:38 AM
It's 12:15 am. I'm up washing bedding. I don't want to sleep in my bed until the bedding is clean. Hmmm.

I have to get up by 5 to get to the gym tomorrow, then to go to the football game. Sometimes I wonder whether the added stress of not getting enough rest is worth the pleasure of getting up to participate in whatever event in going on early.

Maybe you should invest in a second set of sheets so you can change them and sleep on them instead of washing them at midnight. :idea: Either that or try washing them during the daylight hours.

Iron Mike
10-17-2009, 03:13 PM

That's 'cuz we haven't gone on a beer run yet. :)

Partial
10-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Going to sleep now. Getting up at 4. Not feeling well today at all. Felt very off since the gym. Headachey and unable to focus.

retailguy
10-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Going to sleep now. Getting up at 4. Not feeling well today at all. Felt very off since the gym. Headachey and unable to focus.

you think it might have something to do with the "turkey challenge"? where is two seven when you need him.... :wink:

Deputy Nutz
10-19-2009, 09:00 PM
I think Partial annoyed 2,7 and made him leave.

Partial
10-19-2009, 09:01 PM
27 was a faker imo.

Today: Nothing fitness or healthy wise going on

retailguy
10-19-2009, 09:05 PM
27 was a faker imo.

Today: Nothing fitness or healthy wise going on

Faker? Partial, I saw the photos. So did you. Guy was ripped. Fakers don't look that way. More than one way to get ripped, but jeez, Faker?

You're better than that, aren't you?

MJZiggy
10-19-2009, 09:07 PM
27 knew what he was doing. I've worked in a gym. He was a gym rat who knew his stuff.

Partial
10-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Well, just so everyone knows, this is what I look like:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2476/4027492295_64e8c32df2.jpg

As you can see, it's not hard to lie on the internet. You guys are far too trusting. I take everything with a grain of salt and the fact he tried to tell everyone he walks the earth at 3% body fat shows what a faker he was. The guy above is not even at 3%, he's at 4% after months of intense contest prep.

retailguy
10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
27 knew what he was doing. I've worked in a gym. He was a gym rat who knew his stuff.

If you spent 30 seconds looking at his abs, you know he knew what he was doing... It really wasn't that hard, you know?

retailguy
10-19-2009, 09:10 PM

http://backseatcuddler.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/brad-pitt-beach.jpg

I'm sorry for you. Doctors can fix a lot of stuff, but can't do a damn thing with ugly.

MJZiggy
10-19-2009, 09:14 PM

As you can see, it's not hard to lie on the internet. You guys are far too trusting. I take everything with a grain of salt and the fact he tried to tell everyone he walks the earth at 3% body fat shows what a faker he was. The guy above is not even at 3%, he's at 4% after months of intense contest prep.

P, dude was holding up a sign with your name on it. And the stuff he was writing was correct. The thing about working in a gym is that for the most part, your clientele is not the guy in that picture, it's you.

Partial
10-19-2009, 09:15 PM
I don't recall this sign... If it was there that leads to more credibility, but again, I could manipulate an image and add that in in about 5 minutes and I suck at graphics work.

Deputy Nutz
10-19-2009, 09:16 PM

You have a really small package.

SkinBasket
10-19-2009, 09:17 PM
I don't recall this sign... If it was there that leads to more credibility, but again, I could manipulate an image and add that in in about 5 minutes and I suck at graphics work.

He wasn't faking Partial. Everyone but you knew that. You insulted his profession, his knowledge, and his intelligence. Because you didn't want to believe someone got in shape in a different way than you did. The new Partial would admit that maybe he was wrong.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-19-2009, 09:19 PM

Cept he posted his photo on flickr and had a big ass sign that said Partial.

retailguy
10-19-2009, 09:19 PM

there was a sign, and it wasn't photoshopped. Partial, he knew what he was talking about. I'm concerned that you don't know as much as you think.

I was joking with you earlier today, but if you aren't feeling well, look at the program you are on. No quick fixes, eat right, exercise hard, and be PATIENT.

The turkey challenge idea is kind of stupid, to make the goal, you're going to do stupid shit. Listen to your body.

Partial
10-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Can someone link me to this image? I don't ever recall seeing any sign....

retailguy
10-19-2009, 09:24 PM

search his archives, he only had a few hundred posts... But really, it was a handwritten sign with a black magic marker that said "Hi Partial". He held it over his face. Two photos, if I recall correctly. He has probably taken them down by now, but they were there, and there were many comments about it. You should be able to get the gist from the comments.

SkinBasket
10-19-2009, 09:24 PM

I believe it said, "Hi Partial. 27"

Tyrone Bigguns
10-19-2009, 09:29 PM

Your request:

http://photos2.walmart.com/viewsharedphoto/p=431191256005579955/l=552762004/g=17344289/cobrandOid=1011/otsc=SYE/otsi=SPIC

SkinBasket
10-19-2009, 09:30 PM

I believe it said, "Hi Partial. 27"

Fuck I have an awesome memory. You can read this thread if you've forgotten the good times:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=12006

Partial
10-19-2009, 09:30 PM
I've never seen that pic before. Interesting. Why did he opt to wear a heavy, thick hooded swirtshirt when he wanted to show off his physique and opt to obfuscate his face? I don't understand.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-19-2009, 09:33 PM
I've never seen that pic before. Interesting. Why did he opt to wear a heavy, thick hooded swirtshirt when he wanted to show off his physique and opt to obfuscate his face? I don't understand.

Yeah, you never saw it. Just in the middle of the thread.

Why? Because you made an ass of yourself saying you could tell someone's body percentage under clothers...ie, Arod. You also told us you had practiced being able to determine it by looking at photos. LOL

The object was for you to guess...and then he posted the pics...the reveal.

SkinBasket
10-19-2009, 09:33 PM

Maybe because there was a creepy internet guy arguing with him at the time? We all remember the picture, and the one in the same bathroom, frog shower curtain and all, where the guy was cut like marble. The only interesting bit is that you don't remember any of this, yet if you look at the thread I linked you to, you specifically comment on what his body fat must be from the pictures he provided. Amnesia must be a bitch.

falco
10-19-2009, 09:35 PM
hahahahahaha

Tyrone Bigguns
10-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Yeah, the same thread where P discusses the subtleties of bodybuilding and expounds on his knowledge...then a mere two weeks ago or so...claims he never talked about bodybuilding.

Partial
10-19-2009, 09:41 PM
I stand by my statement that he is full of crap. If it's true, good for him, but I'm skeptical until proven otherwise. Anyone, and I mean anyone, can easily fake that.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-19-2009, 09:45 PM
I stand by my statement that he is full of crap. If it's true, good for him, but I'm skeptical until proven otherwise. Anyone, and I mean anyone, can easily fake that.

I don't believe you have a job, a girlfriend, workout, can program, even live in wisconsin.

Until you prove it to me you are just a 12 year old girl.

Scott Campbell
10-19-2009, 09:47 PM

With that body, you really should be able to throw a football a little better.

Partial
10-19-2009, 09:51 PM

I don't believe you have a job, a girlfriend, workout, can program, even live in wisconsin.

You're more than welcome to believe what you want. Hell, I wouldn't believe anything I said, either.

MJZiggy
10-19-2009, 09:52 PM

Jesus CHRIST dude! What is wrong with you??? You have 5 people telling you the same thing about a picture, you deny it ever happened, they LINK THE THREAD--we all remember a dude you could bounce quarters off of and knew his shit and you STILL think it's fake. Because admitting he was for real would be admitting you were wrong even with the proof in your face.

Scott Campbell
10-19-2009, 09:53 PM
You're more than welcome to believe what you want. Hell, I wouldn't believe anything I said, either.

Especially this:

I stand by my statement that he is full of crap.

Partial
10-19-2009, 09:54 PM

Jesus CHRIST dude! What is wrong with you??? You have 5 people telling you the same thing about a picture, you deny it ever happened, they LINK THE THREAD--we all remember a dude you could bounce quarters off of and knew his shit and you STILL think it's fake. Because admitting he was for real would be admitting you were wrong even with the proof in your face.

I look at the pics, and I don't see something that could easily be faked in a few minutes.

Scott Campbell
10-19-2009, 09:55 PM
I look at the pics, and I don't see something that could easily be faked in a few minutes.

Agreed. And nobody in their right mind would fake a picture with the monkey shower curtain in the background.

HowardRoark
10-19-2009, 10:03 PM

I think he is Eubulides from Miletus. Not sure about the bodyfat though.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-19-2009, 10:10 PM

Partial has not lost boobs. Partial has boobs.

Scott Campbell
10-19-2009, 11:35 PM

How do you know those weren't Photochopped onto his chest?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-19-2009, 11:49 PM

How do you know those weren't Photochopped onto his chest?

Just because my eyes see somnething doesn't mean i believe them. They could be lying to my brain.

Partial
10-20-2009, 03:43 AM
The pics are probably legit now that I'm aware of this sign... I've never seen this before. That said, why was he talking out of his ass? :?:

MJZiggy
10-20-2009, 06:02 AM
Just a guess, but maybe it was because you were being a complete idiot to him.

SkinBasket
10-20-2009, 08:28 AM
That said, why was he talking out of his ass? :?:

The rest of the forum was asking the same question about you.

He was talking about something he knew about. Something he was paid to do. Maybe he thought he could offer some insight to someone interested in what he knows - since you asked him and all. Until some computer guy who fancies himself a bodybuilding expert that gets hurt every time he tries to get in shape came along, called him a liar, shit all over everything he said, and insulted him several times. So he left. Not really surprising. Not that it matters. You didn't get it then, and you obviously still don't get it now.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-20-2009, 12:49 PM
The pics are probably legit now that I'm aware of this sign... I've never seen this before. That said, why was he talking out of his ass? :?:

Now that you are aware? Dude, do we need to bring up your posts in the thread where you say he is faking the pic.

Partial
10-20-2009, 01:00 PM
He could easily fake the shirtless pic. I've never seen a sign that says "hi partial" as far as I'm aware. That pic is new to me or at least I don't remember that at all.

retailguy
10-20-2009, 02:07 PM
He could easily fake the shirtless pic. I've never seen a sign that says "hi partial" as far as I'm aware. That pic is new to me or at least I don't remember that at all.

The pic you're seeing now is the "before" pic. You were supposed to guess his body fat % from that pic, because you had been claiming that you could know AROD's body fat through his jersey.

Later, the second link (that is now restricted) had photos of him shirtless holding the same "Hi Partial" sign.

The only one "unsure" through the whole thread was you, Partial. The rest of us were laughing our asses off, because he handed you your ass, and you refused to admit it.

Still are refusing to admit it, and you are still trying to lose weight, unhealthily, I might add. Sometimes you just don't know, until you know, and I for one, hope you wake up before you seriously injure yourself.

Sorry I brought up the whole sordid affair. But this stupid "turkey challenge" thing really concerns me. You're going to hurt yourself.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-20-2009, 02:39 PM
No, he won't hurt himself. You've fallen into the trap. Partail never lost 30 pounds. Partial isn't working out.

Partial
10-20-2009, 02:57 PM
No, he won't hurt himself. You've fallen into the trap. Partail never lost 30 pounds. Partial isn't working out.

LOL, okay. I'll post the vid when I pull 400. It may take until after Christmas, though, as I'm not sure how much longer I can reasonably expect gains while at a caloric deficit.

retailguy
10-20-2009, 03:02 PM

LOL, okay. I'll post the vid when I pull 400. It may take until after Christmas, though, as I'm not sure how much longer I can reasonably expect gains while at a caloric deficit.

didn't someone tell me that you can fake pics on the internet?

Partial
10-20-2009, 03:03 PM

didn't someone tell me that you can fake pics on the internet?

Much more difficult to fake video.

SkinBasket
10-20-2009, 03:22 PM
This is awesome. Are you going to be shirtless?

Partial
10-20-2009, 03:26 PM

No way bro. I'm not going through that debacle again. Plus I don't want to get Ziggy too randy.

SkinBasket
10-20-2009, 03:30 PM

No way bro. I'm not going through that debacle again. Plus I don't want to get Ziggy too randy.

How will we know you're not just faking a shirt? Like you painted your body to look like a sweaty tee shirt? For that matter how will we know how much weight you're lifting? For all we know those could be painted styrofoam on the ends of the bar.

Partial
10-20-2009, 03:32 PM
I guess you'll just have to believe whatever you'd like.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-20-2009, 03:58 PM
I guess you'll just have to believe whatever you'd like.

I'd like to believe that you'll figure it out someday.

retailguy
10-20-2009, 04:56 PM
I guess you'll just have to believe whatever you'd like. :beat:

HowardRoark
10-20-2009, 04:59 PM

All PackerRats are liars.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-20-2009, 05:03 PM

But, then this is a truth...right...oh, no...i'm confused.

retailguy
10-20-2009, 05:07 PM

But, then this is a truth...right...oh, no...i'm confused. :?:

Deputy Nutz
10-20-2009, 05:27 PM

Thanks Partial. I was having one of those days, and then you saved me.

Skinbasket, I love every inch of you.

MJZiggy
10-20-2009, 09:36 PM

Ziggy has standards.

Partial
10-20-2009, 09:46 PM

Ziggy has standards.

Har. Ziggy... You would be a lucky lady to get a piece of this.

retailguy
10-20-2009, 09:47 PM

Ziggy has standards.

:? :roll:

Partial
10-20-2009, 09:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv3W8Ehh8O8

MJZiggy
10-20-2009, 10:12 PM

Ziggy has standards.

Have you forgotten that I've met you?

Partial
10-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Zig, I'm a stud. Cool, confident and capable of bringing the love.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-20-2009, 10:22 PM

Just threw up in my mouth

MJZiggy
10-20-2009, 10:36 PM

I knew this was gonna be a bad night to eat and post...Do I need to call your mother??

Deputy Nutz
10-21-2009, 12:22 AM

Just threw up in my mouth

Vomit tastes icky.

SnakeLH2006
10-24-2009, 02:53 AM
Snake don't sleep for shit, but the same as Partial. 2-3 hours weekly, then 10 on weekends. My sleep is all fucked up. No matter what, I'm still up till 4 or later everynite. Sucks sometimes.