PDA

View Full Version : Drama in the Packers locker room

Partial
10-13-2009, 06:23 PM
First, Chuck throws the coaching staff and gm under the bus last week.

Yesterday, Jennings throws everyone from the OL, to himself, to MM, to Rodgers under the bus.

These guys are the two best players on the team and are supposed to be leaders. What is going on?

MJZiggy
10-13-2009, 06:36 PM
They're demanding better.

pbmax
10-13-2009, 06:59 PM

Yesterday, Jennings throws everyone from the OL, to himself, to MM, to Rodgers under the bus.

These guys are the two best players on the team and are supposed to be leaders. What is going on?
Quotes or link? If its the Press Gazette stuff, that was pretty mild "we can plan better" stuff. And Pickett and Grant were quoted as well, the story stemming from a speech McCarthy gave before practice on Monday.

hoosier
10-13-2009, 07:04 PM
What Jennings said yesterday is drama?!? Come on. He spoke out in a way that leaders do, both taking responsibility as part of the problem (WR drops) and saying what everyone on the team knows--that if this offense is going to roll the way it can, it will be because it gets the ball to its playmakers. No bigger playmaker on the team than GJ. That's not drama, that's telling it like it is...and in a very diplomatic way compared to what prima donna WRs tend to do.

What Woodson said might come closer to drama, or it was at least less diplomatic. But it was also true, and Woodson's play speaks far louder than anything he could say.

Jennings and Woodson are two of the three best players on the team. I would be disappointed if two of my stars didn't want to be leaders and weren't willing to speak up when things need changing.

Bretsky
10-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Jennings was just saying what he thought; no drama in that

What Woodsen said was a lot more concerning to me; baffling but if he's saying it to the media plenty of guys are thinking WTF

Chevelle2
10-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Could someone post the quotes from Woodson, Pickett and Grant?

Here are Jennings' comments:

"If ... we can't protect, if that is the case, then let's take some of the stress off the offensive line. Period. Or off the protection," Jennings said. "That's typically how it works. Will we do that? I don't know. If it's raining, I'm going to pull out an umbrella if I have one. If I don't have one, then I'm just going to get wet. If I have an option to make a correction, to make an adjustment, then why not make the adjustment?"

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/64056997.html

mmmdk
10-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Some fine answers for a bipolar question. :tup:

GJ should be starting in all fantasy lineups in week 6.

About time, GJ, go get'em.

esoxx
10-13-2009, 07:26 PM

"If ... we can't protect, if that is the case, then let's take some of the stress off the offensive line. Period. Or off the protection," Jennings said. "That's typically how it works. Will we do that? I don't know. If it's raining, I'm going to pull out an umbrella if I have one. If I don't have one, then I'm just going to get wet. If I have an option to make a correction, to make an adjustment, then why not make the adjustment?"

These comments are not productive. Swipe at the OL and coaching staff. Take a look at yourself Greg. Have you been playing up to your capabilities this season?

Ominous.

mmmdk
10-13-2009, 07:32 PM

These comments are not productive. Swipe at the OL and coaching staff. Take a look at yourself Greg. Have you been playing up to your capabilities this season?

Ominous.

GJ is a football millionaire not da smartest people around. GJ is a smurf compared to, say, T.O.

MJZiggy
10-13-2009, 07:41 PM

Ominous.

GJ is a football millionaire not da smartest people around. GJ is a smurf compared to, say, T.O.

I don't buy that comment at all. I've listened to him speak enough to know that he's not the dumb jock type.

mmmdk
10-13-2009, 07:59 PM

Ominous.

I don't buy that comment at all. I've listened to him speak enough to know that he's not the dumb jock type.

Dumb jock type? Let's just stick to the actual interview; GJ sure isn't eloquent (that's "wordy" in American). But GJ is somewhat right; but he needs to show up and play too yet he doesn't emphasize his own bad play.

Give GJ the ball...but GJ won't snatch the rock from nobody like #11 Fitz does it - Fitz owns the air around him. Still, GJ is good.

bobblehead
10-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Greg needs to look in the mirror for that tone setting sorry excuse for a route he ran that ended up a red zone turn over.

And just so I'm not being an ARod apologist he needs to trust his checkdowns and take positve 3 yards instead of minus 7.

rbaloha1
10-13-2009, 08:25 PM

Ominous.

GJ does have drops. IMO a frustrated team that expected to be 4-0 and a legitimate sb contender.

Boy were we fooled based on preseason.

rbaloha1
10-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Greg needs to look in the mirror for that tone setting sorry excuse for a route he ran that ended up a red zone turn over.

And just so I'm not being an ARod apologist he needs to trust his checkdowns and take positve 3 yards instead of minus 7.

Yes and throw the ball away if nothing is available.

hoosier
10-13-2009, 08:27 PM

Ominous.

Dumb jock type? Let's just stick to the actual interview; GJ sure isn't eloquent (that's "wordy" in American). But GJ is somewhat right; but he needs to show up and play too yet he doesn't emphasize his own bad play.

Give GJ the ball...but GJ won't snatch the rock from nobody like #11 Fitz does it - Fitz owns the air around him. Still, GJ is good.

Are you sure Jennings doesn't emphasize what he could be doing better? What do you call this? And as for eloquence I think Jennings does just fine in interviews: he comes across as thoughtful and humble yet confident. Judging from your comments you seem to be looking for faults in his way of carrying himself, but I have a hard time understanding what you expect from him.

Jennings said, first of all, none of the Packers can complain about anything since they lead the league with 14 drops - 10 from the receivers alone.

"That's too many, a season-ending number," Jennings said. "We are too good of a receiving group to have that many opportunities that we didn't take advantage of."

mmmdk
10-13-2009, 08:34 PM

Ominous.

Are you sure Jennings doesn't emphasize what he could be doing better? What do you call this? And as for eloquence I think Jennings does just fine in interviews: he comes across as thoughtful and humble yet confident. Judging from your comments you seem to be looking for faults in his way of carrying himself, but I have a hard time understanding what you expect from him.

Jennings said, first of all, none of the Packers can complain about anything since they lead the league with 14 drops - 10 from the receivers alone.

"That's too many, a season-ending number," Jennings said. "We are too good of a receiving group to have that many opportunities that we didn't take advantage of."

There's no "we" in "I". But it's no biggie as I pointed out too.

Calm down, it's Lion week :wink:

hoosier
10-13-2009, 08:41 PM

Ominous.

Huh? You lost me there. (PS: And I don't think it's me who needs to calm down.)

Fritz
10-13-2009, 08:47 PM
This is drama?

Yawn.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-13-2009, 08:56 PM
GJ does have drops. IMO a frustrated team that expected to be 4-0 and a legitimate sb contender.

Boy were we fooled based on preseason.

We?

There were some of us that didn't buy into the preseason.

Packers4Ever
10-13-2009, 09:08 PM
What Jennings said yesterday is drama?!? Come on. He spoke out in a way that leaders do, both taking responsibility as part of the problem (WR drops) and saying what everyone on the team knows--that if this offense is going to roll the way it can, it will be because it gets the ball to its playmakers. No bigger playmaker on the team than GJ. That's not drama, that's telling it like it is...and in a very diplomatic way compared to what prima donna WRs tend to do.

What Woodson said might come closer to drama, or it was at least less diplomatic. But it was also true, and Woodson's play speaks far louder than anything he could say.

Jennings and Woodson are two of the three best players on the team. I would be disappointed if two of my stars didn't want to be leaders and weren't willing to speak up when things need changing.

Jennings and Woodson were correct and spoke in a very professional manner, not scolding etc...but got their point across at the same time.

mmmdk
10-13-2009, 09:11 PM

Ominous.

Huh? You lost me there. (PS: And I don't think it's me who needs to calm down.)

Relax then :smk: it's still Lion week :P

OUT

Partial
10-13-2009, 10:09 PM
I don't have the exact quotes unfortunately nor the time to find them.

Chuck essentially said they have more tools and are not using them and called out Capers for the playcalling and TT for releasing Smith. By calling out TT on Smith, he's throwing Martin under the bus.

Jennings said something to the effect of he's running wide open on tape when ARod doesn't see him. Then he evidently changed his tune to because ARod is on his back because of the line.

Like I said, these are paraphrased and trying to be fair based on what I heard on the radio today so take it for what its worth.

MJZiggy
10-13-2009, 10:18 PM
I don't have the exact quotes unfortunately nor the time to find them.

Chuck essentially said they have more tools and are not using them and called out Capers for the playcalling and TT for releasing Smith. By calling out TT on Smith, he's throwing Martin under the bus.

Jennings said something to the effect of he's running wide open on tape when ARod doesn't see him. Then he evidently changed his tune to because ARod is on his back because of the line.

Like I said, these are paraphrased and trying to be fair based on what I heard on the radio today so take it for what its worth.

Then why bother making the thread until you at least know exactly what it is they said...?

esoxx
10-13-2009, 10:22 PM
"We've got to protect better or we're going to continue to have struggles," Jennings said. "We're going to continue to have our quarterback on the ground and who knows."

Stay classy Greg.

Any one got the tape of the Bengals game they can send this guy? Clanked a ball right in his mitts early in the game that set a shitty tone. Instead of first down and get something rolling, it's time to punt.

OL has had their struggles but they sure as hell don't want to be seeing these type of remarks.

These comments offer panic, not poise.

Pointing fingers.

esoxx
10-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Here's the money quote:

"I'm praying that he stays healthy."

Aren't we all Greg? Probably not a good idea to think out loud like that as a player on the team.

Best avoid the OL meeting room the remainder of the week.

Some advice to the guy who's banking 8.8M this season:

Shut your mouth, run your routes hard & crisp, and catch the damn ball when it comes your way.

Anything else is just whining BS from a guy that should know better.

MJZiggy
10-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Do you guys want these folks to say what's really on their minds or give the "proper" quotes; the things they're supposed to say? Make up your minds and complain accordingly, but you can't have it both ways. Personally, I'd like to hear what they really have to say. Nothing like a good coach meltdown after a game...

HarveyWallbangers
10-13-2009, 10:32 PM
http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/44b4446dce9c1791e9b1ea6cfcf679b5/25636.jpg

MadtownPacker
10-13-2009, 10:57 PM

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/64056997.htmlWhoa, hard shot at M3 or TT or both if you ask me. Why? Because it is the truth. Just about all of us say M3s game management is costing games. This year and last. So GJ says "make the adjustment". Ouch!! Coach stubby cant like that one.

Most if not all are pissed about the OL, TTs issue. "Pull out an umbrella" maybe mean find someone, anyone to fill in that is not as bad as what is there now?

Hard to say he should keep his mouth shut cuz I agree but this is not a good thing IMO.

MadtownPacker
10-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Damn, been a while since I duped.

MadtownPacker
10-13-2009, 11:05 PM

Why do you put "da"? Is it cuz he's Black you sorry euro piece of shit? Youre a bitch, proabaly why you didnt meet up with everyone at the posters games. Typical overseas coward trying talk down on DA U.S.A. Jennings is a smart guy based on what I have seen.

channtheman
10-14-2009, 04:25 AM
If the Packers come out and win the next 2 games and then beat the Vikings, everyone will shut the fuck up and love each other. It's just how football works. You start losing and the locker room goes to hell. You win a few games and all of a sudden Brandon Marshall has a gay love affair with his head coach.

mmmdk
10-14-2009, 07:34 AM

Why do you put "da"? Is it cuz he's Black you sorry euro piece of shit? Youre a bitch, proabaly why you didnt meet up with everyone at the posters games. Typical overseas coward trying talk down on DA U.S.A. Jennings is a smart guy based on what I have seen.

You conjure things up & see things that only a crazy/mad person does. Your lack of understanding simple sentences is mindboggling; semantics is beyond you.

Stop replying to my posts; stop defending others with your delusional concepts of what is American or not. I am American - now please get DAT into your sorry brain.

OUT

pbmax
10-14-2009, 07:55 AM

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/64056997.htmlWhoa, hard shot at M3 or TT or both if you ask me. Why? Because it is the truth. Just about all of us say M3s game management is costing games. This year and last. So GJ says "make the adjustment". Ouch!! Coach stubby cant like that one.

Most if not all are pissed about the OL, TTs issue. "Pull out an umbrella" maybe mean find someone, anyone to fill in that is not as bad as what is there now?

Hard to say he should keep his mouth shut cuz I agree but this is not a good thing IMO.
And noted offensive coordinator Greg Jennings is suggesting which adjustment? And we know this adjustment hasn't been made because...?

He wants his catches. Driver is getting his catches. Jennings is not. Who, exactly, needs to adjust?

Perhaps Driver, in todays JSO, explains this better when he and Jones expect more short passes versus the Lions.

mmmdk
10-14-2009, 07:55 AM
IN & soon back to Packer talk.

The word "da":

–preposition from; of (used in Italian and Portuguese personal names, originally to indicate place of origin): Lorenzo da Ponte; Vasco da Gama.

–noun, plural DAs, DA's. a male hairstyle, esp. of the 1950s, in which the hair is slicked back on both sides to overlap at the back of the head.

n. Slang
A ducktail. [Abbreviation of duck's ass.]

–adverb, noun Russian. Means yes in English.

I was referring to the notion of "da Bears" when using "da".

So get outta here...will ya! I voted for Obama. Nuff said.

OUT

hoosier
10-14-2009, 08:15 AM
"We've got to protect better or we're going to continue to have struggles," Jennings said. "We're going to continue to have our quarterback on the ground and who knows."

Stay classy Greg.

Any one got the tape of the Bengals game they can send this guy? Clanked a ball right in his mitts early in the game that set a shitty tone. Instead of first down and get something rolling, it's time to punt.

OL has had their struggles but they sure as hell don't want to be seeing these type of remarks.

Pointing fingers.

You take one line and remove it from context in order to make Jennings look like a finger pointer. If you look objectively at the entire interview I think you will see a much different story. Not sure why you are so intent on painting GJ as the bad guy.

MadtownPacker
10-14-2009, 12:00 PM
You conjure things up & see things that only a crazy/mad person does. Your lack of understanding simple sentences is mindboggling; semantics is beyond you.

Stop replying to my posts; stop defending others with your delusional concepts of what is American or not. I am American - now please get DAT into your sorry brain.

OUTI will reply to your posts anytime I feel like it you rotten teeth having moron. (Why do all you eurotricks have them like that?)

As for crazy, as mentioned you should have showed up instead of tucking your tail and hiding so you could have found out. Best you didnt cuz youre probably right, wimp. You where born here but claim over there so kiss my brown ass "hoser" :lol: .

MadtownPacker
10-14-2009, 12:04 PM
I was referring to the notion of "da Bears" when using "da".

OUTYa right, just call him a nigga already you filthy nouveau riche.

get louder at lambeau
10-14-2009, 12:45 PM
You win a few games and all of a sudden Brandon Marshall has a gay love affair with his head coach.

...and they're talking about giving him a new contract, too. Who on our team is due for a gay love affair with McCarthy and a raise? Nick Collins?

Fritz
10-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Do you guys want these folks to say what's really on their minds or give the "proper" quotes; the things they're supposed to say? Make up your minds and complain accordingly, but you can't have it both ways. Personally, I'd like to hear what they really have to say. Nothing like a good coach meltdown after a game...

I love being a fan. One day I can yell and scream at Jennings for opening his damn mouth. He just needs to shut up and not rock the boat and catch the ball when it's thrown to him.

The next day I can bitch about the say-nothing interview that Ted Thompson gives. Quit being so damn politically correct! Geez, why bother reading the crap when they don't say anything anyway?

It's a good life.

And when the Pack wins the next three, we're all going to be singing Kumbaya around a Wisconsin campfire anyway!

Hand me one of those Leinies!

esoxx
10-14-2009, 06:48 PM

Stay classy Greg.

Pointing fingers.

You take one line and remove it from context in order to make Jennings look like a finger pointer. If you look objectively at the entire interview I think you will see a much different story. Not sure why you are so intent on painting GJ as the bad guy.

So you're looking at the interview objectively and I'm not?
It's actually the body of his comments that make him sound like a douche here.
And really, I don't care if these comments make him look like the bad guy or not, irrelevant. They're his words.

"They know how I feel," Jennings said of the coaching staff. "As a competitor, I would hope they know that I want the ball. When I'm in the meeting and I'm looking at myself running wide open and I'm not getting the opportunity, yes, I am pissed - get me the doggone ball . . . no (just kidding).

The above takes a shot at the OL/QB. He's "wide open" but not getting the opportunity. The message is AR isn't looking his way enough or the line isn't giving enough time. He's done his job, he's "wide open."

Whatever the case, best to keep these type of remarks in-house. Simple concept.

hoosier
10-14-2009, 06:59 PM

Stay classy Greg.

Pointing fingers.

So you're looking at the interview objectively and I'm not?
It's actually the body of his comments that make him sound like a douche here.
And really, I don't care if these comments make him look like the bad guy or not, irrelevant. They're his words.

"They know how I feel," Jennings said of the coaching staff. "As a competitor, I would hope they know that I want the ball. When I'm in the meeting and I'm looking at myself running wide open and I'm not getting the opportunity, yes, I am pissed - get me the doggone ball . . . no (just kidding).

The above takes a shot at the OL/QB. He's "wide open" but not getting the opportunity. The message is AR isn't looking his way enough or the line isn't giving enough time. He's done his job, he's "wide open."

Whatever the case, best to keep these type of remarks in-house. Simple concept.

I said objectively because you accused him of blaming everyone else and not taking any responsibilty for the problems on offense. Not true: he includes himself when he talks about WR drops. Jennings is definitely calling his teammates out, no ambiguity about that. But there are different ways of calling people out. You can do it in a way that is designed to make others look bad and make yourself look innocent. And you can do it in a way designed to inspire your teammates. If I were ARod or a GB OL and I read GJs comments I wouldn't think he was trying to make me look bad, I would think he was trying to raise the offense's overall level of play.

esoxx
10-14-2009, 07:10 PM

I love being a fan. One day I can yell and scream at Jennings for opening his damn mouth. He just needs to shut up and not rock the boat and catch the ball when it's thrown to him.

The next day I can bitch about the say-nothing interview that Ted Thompson gives. Quit being so damn politically correct! Geez, why bother reading the crap when they don't say anything anyway?

It's a good life.

And when the Pack wins the next three, we're all going to be singing Kumbaya around a Wisconsin campfire anyway!

And how does throwing blaming to others for your own short-comings this season have to do with Ted Thompson saying next to nothing about player personnel moves or decisions? Besides nothing that is.

If you think these comments are not out of line, great. I happen to think this undermines team unity, regardless of what happens the next three games.

esoxx
10-14-2009, 07:14 PM
hoosier, I realize he also referenced himself and the WR corp, fine. Got way too loose after that. Maybe he was having a bad day, who knows.

MJZiggy
10-14-2009, 07:22 PM

It's a good life.

Dammit! I'm out of beer! Well if it's in Wisconsin that's no issue.

MichiganPackerFan
10-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Dammit! I'm out of beer! Well if it's in Wisconsin that's no issue.

I was about to say "IT"S ONLY 1pm!!!" Then I realized what time you posted. I have some catching up to do....

SnakeLH2006
10-16-2009, 02:42 AM

Where's the quotes? My money is on Chuck.

Norris or Liddell.

Both are past their prime but would KO Partial for a heated topic without a quote. Go big or go home, bro.