PDA

View Full Version : Calvin Johnson doubtful for Sunday

packers11
10-14-2009, 11:05 AM
www.rotoworld.com

ESPN's Adam Schefter is skeptical about Calvin Johnson's (knee) availability for Week 6.

"The more I hear, the more I think Lions WR Calvin Johnson will not play Sunday at Green Bay due to his sprained knee," was Schefter's exact tweet. The Lions claim Johnson's injury isn't "significant", but with a bye coming in Week 7 it would make sense to hold him out. Even if Johnson can't play, Bryant Johnson and Dennis Northcutt wouldn't be strong fantasy options.

If Calvin doesn't play, I see this game as a walk in the park... If he doesn't play I wouldn't be surprised to see them sit Bigby one more week and play more of the 'big oakie' against Kevin Smith.

hoosier
10-14-2009, 11:27 AM
If GB can't beat Det with or without Calvin Johnson, then that tells me that it's time to back to the drawing board. A loss at Det would almost certainly wreck GB's season.

Pugger
10-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Happily the game is at Lambeau. IF the guys stop screwing up with mistakes and turnovers we should win this game. Unfortunately at times we are our own worst enemy and beat ourselves more than get beat by the opposition. Thankfully the loins have more issues than we do.

Fritz
10-14-2009, 01:40 PM
The Lions try hard - thus they can hang with the Bears for a half, or make a late charge against the Steelers.

But this is a club seriously and woefully lacking talent.

The secondary is a revolving door right now, the d-line gets no pressure, and Ernie Sims is kinda their AJ Hawk.

If Stafford plays, he's got a gun for an arm but is erratic - he's playing like a rookie QB. Kevin Smith has been a disappointment for them so far.

The offensive line is stable at the left tackle and center spot. Others are being shifted around.

Their special teams coverage units are shaky simply because of a lack of talent. The Bears chewed them up all day long.

If the Packers play hard and smart they really, really ought to win by a bunch.

If they don't come to play, though, look out - the Lions do play hard now.

If the Packers are healthy for the game and they somehow lose, then there's a real, real, real problem with the team. They simply have far more talent than the Lions.

Brandon494
10-14-2009, 05:16 PM
If Calvin doesn't play, I see this game as a walk in the park... If he doesn't play I wouldn't be surprised to see them sit Bigby one more week and play more of the 'big oakie' against Kevin Smith.

Its Kevin Smith, we don'tneedto play "big oakie" against him. If Bigby is unable to play let the backup safties get as much playing time as they can against the Lions to get use to the scheme.

get louder at lambeau
10-14-2009, 10:02 PM

Its Kevin Smith, we don'tneedto play "big oakie" against him. If Bigby is unable to play let the backup safties get as much playing time as they can against the Lions to get use to the scheme.

That might not be a bad idea, but I'd prefer if they are up by at least 10 before they let Derrick Martin see the field again. He sucked way too hard last game.

Fritz
10-15-2009, 07:02 AM

That might not be a bad idea, but I'd prefer if they are up by at least 10 before they let Derrick Martin see the field again. He sucked way too hard last game.

Somebody needs to coach him up on how to suck a little more gently.

Kurt Schottenheimer?

Scott Campbell
10-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Who else do they throw to over there?