PDA

View Full Version : Unimpressed....Packers air out more laundry vs Lions

Packers4Glory
10-18-2009, 05:29 PM
lucky we played Detroit. they were missing a ton of guys and we win an unimpressive 26-0 shutout...Only this team can make a blowout look like shit.

13-130 in penalty yards. 5 sacks vs a decimated line that was using an O-lineman at times because they didn't have enough healthy guys. how in the fack does that happen.

we should have ran up and down the field on this team and we didn't. should have put up NE vs TEN type points and settled for FG.

oh well...at least we get the Browns next week!

MJZiggy
10-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Isn't that what I just said?

Rastak
10-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Packers4Glory
10-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Isn't that what I just said?

I dunno. I just hopped on here after watching the game. I had to record it so I just wanted to harp on this penalty thing I've been bitching about. I'm as sick of the penalties as much as some probably are of seeing me bitch about them. :roll:

if you just said the same shit well, i am sorry.

MJZiggy
10-18-2009, 05:39 PM
NP, I was just giving you shit. :mrgreen:

channtheman
10-18-2009, 05:43 PM
I just wonder where you guys were after the Rams game. I said similar things and got flamed to high heavens by some people.

I want to add, I think Jordy is great returning kicks. I've said this before. I also said I didn't think Blackmon was any good at punts. Williams showed that he can catch a punt and he knows how to run upfield. I don't care if this is against the Lions, my opinion is that Blackmon wouldn't have gotten close to doing what either of those guys did on their returns.

Packers4Glory
10-18-2009, 05:45 PM

haha yeah i prob should read before posting but I'm still ticked off...and we won...holy sweet bay geezus.

now if the bears can just lose it won't be a half bad night.

channtheman
10-18-2009, 05:45 PM

haha yeah i prob should read before posting but I'm still ticked off...and we won...holy sweet bay geezus.

Those freaking Vikings though got another win that they shouldn't. I guess that's just how it goes sometimes eh?

MJZiggy
10-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Ravens need a kicker. Bad.

Rastak
10-18-2009, 05:47 PM

Those freaking Vikings though got another win that they shouldn't. I guess that's just how it goes sometimes eh?

When you outplay someone for 3 quarters or so you should win.....and they did!

Packers4Glory
10-18-2009, 05:52 PM
the vikes game IDK, as much as I hate them they appeared to play good enough to win but almost choke it away.

the bears however have won 2 games because teams couldn't make a FG. I hate to sound like a bitter hater, but almost any season the bears have a good year, they get a shit ton of lucky breaks. Even the year they went to the super bowl, the NFC was just shitty. I kept thinking where was this level of completion all those years in the early 2000's? lol good grief.

Bossman641
10-18-2009, 05:52 PM
I just wonder where you guys were after the Rams game. I said similar things and got flamed to high heavens by some people.

I want to add, I think Jordy is great returning kicks. I've said this before. I also said I didn't think Blackmon was any good at punts. Williams showed that he can catch a punt and he knows how to run upfield. I don't care if this is against the Lions, my opinion is that Blackmon wouldn't have gotten close to doing what either of those guys did on their returns.

Why did they take Tramon off PR's?

I don't think he was injured

channtheman
10-18-2009, 05:56 PM

No idea, but I don't want Woodson back there ever.

Bossman641
10-18-2009, 05:57 PM

Neither do I. Tramon had the long return, and then did they even let him return another after that?

channtheman
10-18-2009, 05:58 PM

Neither do I. Tramon had the long return, and then did they even let him return another after that?

Not that I recall. I don't think there was another return after Woodson's though.

packerbacker1234
10-18-2009, 06:03 PM
It was just a sloppy, ugly, game by the packers. It's just that even with that, were that much better then the lions.

I don't get it, we've had the same penalty issues, and sloppy play, all year. Come on coaches, do your job.

Oh and once again, Driver remains are most consistent player on team, showing up yet again.

red
10-18-2009, 06:07 PM
It was just a sloppy, ugly, game by the packers. It's just that even with that, were that much better then the lions.

I don't get it, we've had the same penalty issues, and sloppy play, all year. Come on coaches, do your job.

Oh and once again, Driver remains are most consistent player on team, showing up yet again.

if i recall correctly, we had the same penalty issues last year and maybe the year before

m3 keeps saying that "they'll get that fixed". at some point we have to realise that maybe m3 is incapable of "getting it fixed"

channtheman
10-18-2009, 06:07 PM

Does having the youngest team every year have anything to do with the bolded part?

Partial
10-18-2009, 06:08 PM
I don't think it does. I don't fault him for wanting a young team. There is also a lot of experience on the team for the age. It ultimately comes down to personality responsibility and people doing their job.

channtheman
10-18-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't think it does. I don't fault him for wanting a young team. There is also a lot of experience on the team for the age. It ultimately comes down to personality responsibility and people doing their job.

Is it on the coaches then? I mean what is it that we have holding on nearly every kick off or punt return. Illegal formations? How? And to have more than 1 a game? Come on what is the problem?

Packers4Glory
10-18-2009, 06:12 PM

Does having the youngest team every year have anything to do with the bolded part?

how many were clifton?

young don't have to mean dumb, and aside from Mathews slipping, the personal fouls are retarded.

illegal procedure penalties should not happen either.

Nor should a penalty happen on almost every special teams return.

I get an occasional hold or illegal contact on defense, those happen, but we not only lead the lg in flags, we have to be #1 in dumbass penalties. This team severely lacks discipline in every aspect of the game.

red
10-18-2009, 06:13 PM

how many were clifton?

young don't have to mean dumb, and aside from Mathews slipping, the personal fouls are retarded.

I get an occasional hold or illegal contact on defense, those happen, but we not only lead the lg in flags, we have to be #1 in dumbass penalties. This team severely lacks discipline in every aspect of the game.

and THAT (IMO), falls squarely on m3's shoulders

channtheman
10-18-2009, 06:15 PM

how many were clifton?

and THAT (IMO), falls squarely on m3's shoulders

I thought I had heard somewhere that M3 has refs at the practices. Now do the players commit just as many penalties in practice or do they turn into morons on gameday? They play like their head coach looks: dumb.

Packers4Glory
10-18-2009, 06:18 PM

if i recall correctly, we had the same penalty issues last year and maybe the year before

m3 keeps saying that "they'll get that fixed". at some point we have to realise that maybe m3 is incapable of "getting it fixed"

I've come to the opinion that he can't and won't. Its all talk but he has no remedy. This has happened going on 3 years now.

its to the point that i expect to see a flag every play...esp any good play, or in a spot to kill a drive...well i expect to see the penalty and/or a sack to kill a nice drive. I have a serious love hate issue watching this team any more.

whats worse is they have enough talent in other areas that they could seriously contend to play deep into the playoffs and even be a super bowl threat. however the O-line is one place you can't be weak and realistically expect to contend, and even more so when you give up so many extra yards via penalty.

Its kind of like going out on a date and later you're back at the house making out and she starts rubbing your junk and she's grindinga all over your shit....then she says she has to go and you are left w/ no happy ending whatsoever. just a nice worthless dry humping.

pbmax
10-18-2009, 06:19 PM

No, considering a 10 year vet Clifton led the parade. And vet Barnett had a facemask.

packerbacker1234
10-18-2009, 06:23 PM

No, considering a 10 year vet Clifton led the parade. And vet Barnett had a facemask.

Face masks happen... and clifton is not a 10 year vet.

pbmax
10-18-2009, 06:25 PM
They re-emphasized the alignment of tackles on the LOS. These particular calls are up all over the league. Vet tackles like Clifton would have the most difficult time to adjust their habits.

But that was only 3 out of 13 calls. And Lang didn't get called that I saw.

Clifton also seemed eager to get a quick kick step of the count. He would move before Colledge at the snap on some pass plays. I think he knew and anticipated the snap count. When he went and Colledge didn't, he looked like he went early, even if he moved with the ball.

My suspicion is that he was concerned about moving more slowly on the bad ankle and was trying to get a jump.

pbmax
10-18-2009, 06:25 PM

Really, and how many years has Clifton been in the league?

red
10-18-2009, 06:26 PM

face masks do happen, but a guy with his head out of his ass doesn't then go and joke around about it in the huddle with his teamate (chiller)

LOLOLOL LOOK WHAT I DID LOLOLOLOL, THAT WAS SOOOOO C OOOL LOLOLOL

pbmax
10-18-2009, 06:26 PM

That is probably McCarthy's opinion too and yet you excoriate him. If Cliffy was a 9 year vet would you still consider him young?

MJZiggy
10-18-2009, 06:37 PM

Is it on the coaches then? I mean what is it that we have holding on nearly every kick off or punt return. Illegal formations? How? And to have more than 1 a game? Come on what is the problem?

Well the illegal formations were on Cliffy and he does that a lot.

Zool
10-18-2009, 09:47 PM

2000-2009......yeah thats 10.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2175

Brandon494
10-18-2009, 10:55 PM

Not when the players who were making the penalties have been with the team for 3+ years or more. Clifton had 4 by himself.

Noodle
10-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Cliffy, for what ever reason, has always accounted for more than his fair share of false starts. It has always irritated me, but his play usually, usually, made up for it.

But it's kind of tough to instill an ethic of "No Stupid False Starts" when the Dean of your line picks 'em up like dockside hookers.

MichiganPackerFan
10-20-2009, 12:36 PM
I dvr'ed the game and watched it yesterday. Not impressed. It should have been more like the NE-TEN score (except DET didn't mail it in, just too many injuries)

And worse, I missed it to go to the Chiefs Redskins game. THERE was some bad football. However, when you watch it from a suite on the 50 yard line with free food and drinks, it's NEVER bad football!!!

MJZiggy
10-20-2009, 09:49 PM
And you didn't bring me. I'm offended.

MichiganPackerFan
10-21-2009, 11:08 AM
And you didn't bring me. I'm offended.

I was the guest! (and I think I have too much respect for you to make you watch that garbage!)

Packers4Ever
10-22-2009, 06:17 PM

Yes, he is a 10 year ~