PDA

View Full Version : What happened in Tennessee

Guiness
10-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Anyways pay attention to that team?

Did the wheels fall off down there or what? From 13-3 to an 0-6 start? I know they lost Haynesworth, but...?

Brandon494
10-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Wild Cat with Vince Young and Chris Johnson would be nasty, even though J Fisher will never do it. They were also without their two starting CBs for the game.

Partial
10-18-2009, 11:02 PM
They let a superstar walk.

Brandon494
10-18-2009, 11:05 PM

Yea he has turned the skins into a real contender.

Partial
10-18-2009, 11:24 PM

I don't think it's fair to compare one players impact/role on one team to another. He was the Titans best player and was a stud for them. I have no idea how he has done for Washington.

Willard
10-18-2009, 11:49 PM

I don't think it's fair to compare one players impact/role on one team to another. He was the Titans best player and was a stud for them. I have no idea how he has done for Washington.

They also lost their DC, Jim Schwartz--now HC of the Lions. I think he worked for Fischer for 10+ years. It looks like he is missed.

Waldo
10-18-2009, 11:51 PM
W-L is the NFL is as much luck/mojo/momentum as is is "talent" and coaching.

Little ball bounces, questionable calls, dings, etc.. can have a huge affect on the overall season, especially when considering most games are competitive until the very end.

How different would our season be if Lee wouldn't have dropped that pass vs. Mn?

How different would the talk after the game be if Chad was 3 inches closer to the line on those 2 plays, not drawing fouls, one of those drives leading to a TD instead of FG?

BallHawk
10-19-2009, 12:10 AM
But a lack of Fat Albert and a few calls and bounces doesn't get you 6 losses in 6 games. There's a lot more there.

Partial
10-19-2009, 12:15 AM
But a lack of Fat Albert and a few calls and bounces doesn't get you 6 losses in 6 games. There's a lot more there.

Yeah, you're probably right. It's probably a combination of the following that I can think of. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Letting Albert walk
2. Losing Schwartz at DC
3. Collins getting another year older
4. Letting Odom walk in FA (two DL down -- though he was a backup)

CAn anyone else think of anything? I don't know of any other good players leaving.

Waldo
10-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Having most of their starting secondary injured.

Losing their top TE and WR for a bit.

They aren't the picture of good health this year like they were last year.

Fans love to trot out "injuries aren't an excuse", but the less injured team wins a good % of games. Just a fact of football people like to hide from.

Is it any shock that the healthiest team this season (Mn) looks real good?

Partial
10-19-2009, 12:28 AM
On the plus side, I think they can rebound quickly if VY turns out to be the player I think he is. Chris Johnson is really, really, really good, and that Finnegan is very good as well evidently. There is still a lot of talent on that team.

Brandon494
10-19-2009, 12:43 AM
On the plus side, I think they can rebound quickly if VY turns out to be the player I think he is. Chris Johnson is really, really, really good, and that Finnegan is very good as well evidently. There is still a lot of talent on that team.

Vince Young is garbage

BZnDallas
10-19-2009, 12:46 AM
last years TN team seems like they were the exact opposite to GB... they won most of their close games last year while GB lost most of theirs... TN has had a pretty hellacious schedule to begin the year but the ball just isn't bouncing their way like it did last year... for whatever reason one chooses to blame it on, it sux to be a TN fan this year...

SkinBasket
10-19-2009, 08:24 AM

Vince Young is garbage

And he isn't scoring 45 points in a half.

MOBB DEEP
10-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Little ball bounces, questionable calls, dings, etc.. can have a huge affect on the overall season, especially when considering most games are competitive until the very end.

Excellent point Waldo

Parity lends itself to the deleterious effect that extraneous variables can have on squads

sheepshead
10-19-2009, 09:09 AM

Vy young will be lucky to be listed as a 3rd QB somewhere next year. UFL star in the making.

Otherwise, I dont know, I watched part of that game and the wheels have come off for sure. Maybe Fisher needs a change--it happens to the best of us.

sheepshead
10-19-2009, 09:10 AM

Excellent point Waldo

Parity lends itself to the deleterious effect that extraneous variables can have on squads

59-zip? And this is not the Pats of a few years ago either.

Cheesehead Craig
10-19-2009, 09:13 AM
It's obvious Collins has lost it. Fischer needs to start VY the rest of the way as they need to know if he's their future or not.

SkinBasket
10-19-2009, 09:38 AM
It's obvious Collins has lost it. Fischer needs to start VY the rest of the way as they need to know if he's their future or not.

The fact that he isn't starting probably indicates they already know the answer to that question. His 0/2 with 1 INT and -1 yards on the ground last night certainly doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that he's any better than Collins. If I'm the GM there, I'm signing Brohm off the Packer PS this week.

red
10-19-2009, 09:48 AM
yeah, if VY had any talent he would have been in there more

and the way collins and the titans have started, you'd think they already would have made the change if VY could handle things

Badgerinmaine
10-19-2009, 12:26 PM
I forget who it was that said this, but someone on Sporting News Radio last week argued that Tennessee had little margin for error last year and that they had to do everything perfectly to win because they lacked talent to dominate. He argued that this year, a small dropoff in play has led to a large drop in the standings.

Freak Out
10-19-2009, 02:05 PM
I thought VY had zero yards not -1? :lol:

The Tenn defense is decimated with injuries and loss of talent and the offense is castrated when you are playing catchup in a game like they played yesterday.

Fisher needs to pull out all the stops....why the hell not put VY in there and run a wildcat type gig. WTH do you have to lose at this point?

SkinBasket
10-19-2009, 02:35 PM
I thought VY had zero yards not -1? :lol:

The Tenn defense is decimated with injuries and loss of talent and the offense is castrated when you are playing catchup in a game like they played yesterday.

Fisher needs to pull out all the stops....why the hell not put VY in there and run a wildcat type gig. WTH do you have to lose at this point?

I think Fisher needs to run the show assuming he'll still have the job next year or he'll lose whatever control he still has over the team. I also think they have zero interest in Young being a part of this team any more. So Fisher's got to stick with his system and consider the hypothetical long term big picture. If you coach like you're going to get fired, you're going to get fired.