PDA

View Full Version : Bishop wants out?

packers11
10-19-2009, 11:18 AM
www.rotoworld.com

Packers LB Desmond Bishop said Sunday that he wouldn't mind a trade out of Green Bay before the October 20 deadline.

Bishop has been underutilized as a No. 4 inside linebacker, but GM Ted Thompson would never give up such a cheap, talented player with special teams value. Bishop will just have to hope for an injury to get on the field.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Partial
10-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Can't say that I blame him. I would think the team is giving him the wink-wink nudge nudge telling him he'll have a shot to start next year since I just don't see Hawk back.

Cheesehead Craig
10-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Can't say that I blame him. I would think the team is giving him the wink-wink nudge nudge telling him he'll have a shot to start next year since I just don't see Hawk back.
Disagree entirely. Hawk isn't going anywhere.

rbaloha1
10-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Disagree entirely. Hawk isn't going anywhere.

Trading Bishop is a mistake. Hawk is signed thru 2010.

CaptainKickass
10-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Provided Bishop's not traded by the Tuesday trade deadline...

Someone from the LB corp is gonna miss some playing time at some point this year. As long as Bishop is patient he will get his chance.

It's then up to him to show he belongs on the field.

pbmax
10-19-2009, 12:05 PM
He was answering a question about rumors he's on the trading block, not lobbying for a move publicly.

BTW, Eagles looking for a linebacker, possibly. Compensation mentioned here isn't going to cut it though...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/19/andy-reid-hints-at-a-possible-trade/

red
10-19-2009, 12:35 PM
yup, he's not demanding anything

he just wouldn't bitch if it did happen

nothing to worry about here

Tony Oday
10-19-2009, 12:36 PM
most second stringers wouldnt care.

gbgary
10-19-2009, 03:54 PM
trade him for lineman.

Fosco33
10-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Barnett seemed to play slightly better vs. the Lions. I wanna see him against the Vikes or start thinking Bishop would be an upgrade... that said I wouldn't care if we traded Barnett for value.

rbaloha1
10-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Barnett seemed to play slightly better vs. the Lions. I wanna see him against the Vikes or start thinking Bishop would be an upgrade... that said I wouldn't care if we traded Barnett for value.

Barnett appears to have regained confidence. Looks bigger. Worth keeping.

Brandon494
10-19-2009, 08:21 PM

Keep Barnett, give rid of Hawk already. Guy is a bust and makes no plays! I think the coaches are finally realizing that as well since Hawk only played like 15 snaps all game.

Fosco33
10-19-2009, 08:41 PM

Keep Barnett, give rid of Hawk already. Guy is a bust and makes no plays! I think the coaches are finally realizing that as well since Hawk only played like 15 snaps all game.

Axe them both...

The Shadow
10-19-2009, 10:08 PM

Keep Hawk. Wouldn't at all mind seeing Barnett moved.

Zool
10-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Hawk can only be considered a bust if you consider his extra high draft position. If we got the guy in the 3rd round we'd say how solid of a player he is. I hope the new CBA has a rigid rookie cap in place. These guys make way too much as 1st rounders without doing a damned thing.

Partial
10-19-2009, 10:25 PM
3rd round pick? This guy is a situational player at best. He played 9 snaps on Sunday. Rob Demovsky said he won't be with the Pack next year today on WSSP.

Zool
10-19-2009, 10:32 PM
3rd round pick? This guy is a situational player at best. He played 9 snaps on Sunday. Rob Demovsky said he won't be with the Pack next year today on WSSP.

Chillar is situational as well. As is Barnett. Ridiculous statement. Hawk is the best run stopping LB on the team IMO. He's really fallen behind in the passing game though. Its like he's regressed. He was at least average his first 2 years now he's below.

Partial
10-19-2009, 10:32 PM

Chillar is situational as well. As is Barnett. Ridiculous statement. Hawk is the best run stopping LB on the team IMO. He's really fallen behind in the passing game though. Its like he's regressed. He was at least average his first 2 years now he's below.

Agreed, but you can't be happy or satisfied with a 3rd round pick playing 9 snaps. Special teamers play more than that in a lot of games.

get louder at lambeau
10-19-2009, 10:49 PM

Agreed, but you can't be happy or satisfied with a 3rd round pick playing 9 snaps. Special teamers play more than that in a lot of games.

Is that a real number- 9 snaps? I doubt it, but my buddy was at the game, and he said Hawk was the first guy into the tunnel after the game by a mile, like he was pissed.

Fritz
10-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Team goes from three to four linebackers and there's still not enough playing time!

If Hawk didn't play very much and Bishop didn't play but for special teams, who did play?

Partial
10-20-2009, 03:39 AM

Is that a real number- 9 snaps? I doubt it, but my buddy was at the game, and he said Hawk was the first guy into the tunnel after the game by a mile, like he was pissed.

No idea, thats what Rob Demovsky said.

Zool
10-20-2009, 09:16 AM
I read somewhere the number was 20, or I'm confusing it with last week. Seems about right though. 1/3rd of the plays in base. Wonder why he's still holding back. All the ability in the world according to everyone he's ever around but seems to have lost some fire. Maybe he's not trusting his instincts? Whatever it is, he should probably get it figured out before the middle of next season or he's going to get very few sniffs in his first FA year.

CaliforniaCheez
10-20-2009, 10:43 AM
The team ought to move Barnett. Barnett is not a good fit for the 3-4 and just can't take on O-linemen very well. He is a poor blitzer.

Instead over dropping Kampmann into coverage so much I'd rather see him moved around as THE blitzer.

Sometimes you hurt yourself with too much disguise.

Bishop can play. In Green Bay he is not given much of a chance.

Pugger
10-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Hawk can only be considered a bust if you consider his extra high draft position. If we got the guy in the 3rd round we'd say how solid of a player he is. I hope the new CBA has a rigid rookie cap in place. These guys make way too much as 1st rounders without doing a damned thing.

+1

bobblehead
10-20-2009, 12:28 PM

If you count special teams I wonder how many snaps bishop had?

wist43
10-20-2009, 12:32 PM
I took a wait and see approach wrt Bishop in the preseason, but there can be no denying that he outplayed Hawk, and Barnett has always been lacking, sans his one decent season.

The lifes blood of a 3-4 is the LB'ing corp... GB's is severely wanting. I'd plug Bishop in for Barnett and see what happens.

Of course that's never going to happen.

Partial
10-20-2009, 03:47 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20091019/PKR01/91019219/1058/PKR01

confirms Hawk snaps at 9, has good things to say about Barny and Matthews.

bobblehead
10-20-2009, 07:46 PM

Barnet and Mathews have been good for 2 weeks straight. My man chillar is slipping off, but still serviceable.

Barnet has been getting better every week, so I want to see him return to '07 form. Kamp is getting more comfortable and being allowed to put the hand down in obvious situations. Its coming along. The Hawk Chillar rotation is doing ok given that they seem to be the weak link now instead of the strong point.

rbaloha1
10-20-2009, 08:00 PM

Why Hawk lovers? Situations? Injuries?

Fritz
10-20-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm a Hawk lover because of situations and injuries!

pbmax
10-20-2009, 09:36 PM

Why Hawk lovers? Situations? Injuries?
He only plays in base so Barnett and Chillar can handle the majority of the Inside Backers coverages from the nickel.

Zool
10-20-2009, 10:28 PM
I love hawks but thanks to PITA and our countries judicial system, I cant get within 100 yards of one anymore.

Sparkey
10-21-2009, 01:53 PM

No idea, thats what Rob Demovsky said.

They played their nickel defense all but 9 plays. Since Hawk is not a part of the nickel defense, it makes sense.