PDA

View Full Version : Mark Chmura

Chevelle2
10-19-2009, 01:07 PM
This is way off topic, but my friends and I were talking about Mark Chmura, and his alleged sexual assault came up.

As both of us were pretty young at the time, I don't remember what the general consensus was amongst the public/Packer fans. I know he was acquitted but is the general feel that he "did it" or no?

I was actually lived about a mile away from him at the time, and I remember hearing the chick made it all up, but I wanted to hear what you guys think/remember.

sharpe1027
10-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Regardless of what happened, he was an idiot for being in that situation at all. No excuse.

bobblehead
10-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Regardless of what happened, he was an idiot for being in that situation at all. No excuse.

QFT...Mark didn't touch any kids, but he was in a situation to get accused of it...fucking stupid. Grown men should get up and leave a hot tub when a teenage girl gets in...PERIOD!!

Freak Out
10-19-2009, 01:25 PM

QFT...Mark didn't touch any kids, but he was in a situation to get accused of it...fucking stupid. Grown men should get up and leave a hot tub when a teenage girl gets in...PERIOD!!

Well....that all depends what country you're in at the time.....but in his case yes...he should never have tubbed with the babysitter. :D

Tony Oday
10-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Only time you are in a hot tub with teens is if there are a lot of adults around. Basically it should be like a family function rather than drinking at a parents house if that makes sense...he wrecked his career for it :(

Waldo
10-19-2009, 01:57 PM
I was actually lived about a mile away from him at the time, and I remember hearing the chick made it all up, but I wanted to hear what you guys think/remember.

I know the situation decently. My younger brother was friends with the guy whose house it happened at. They were in the same grade, but the family moved a little bit west to a new neighborhood with a fancy golf course (my bro worked at the golf course, and did at the time, I did for a summer while in college).

Basically, dad let his son and friends drink at the house (a common practice in Wi). Which they were, a smaller group (not a party), his son had some friends over, including some girls. Mark was a neighbor (I believe), that was hanging out with dad. The two groups mixed, unfortunately in the hot tub, though nothing happened. But, the girl had to tell everybody, and as the details came out, of course Mark was in a hot tub with a teenage girl who was drinking. Doesn't look too good on his resume.

But, he was neither the alcohol provider, nor did anything sexual occur. If he wasn't a famous football player, it would have been a non issue, the girl would have nothing to brag about and nobody would have cared.

Hanging out at a friends house, girls-guys, drinking, with a parent there and neighbor adult hanging with the parent, wasn't exactly weird when I was in HS, and I grew up in that relative area (to the east) and time (couple years earlier).

Guiness
10-19-2009, 02:41 PM

I know the situation decently. My younger brother was friends with the guy whose house it happened at. They were in the same grade, but the family moved a little bit west to a new neighborhood with a fancy golf course (my bro worked at the golf course, and did at the time, I did for a summer while in college).

Basically, dad let his son and friends drink at the house (a common practice in Wi). Which they were, a smaller group (not a party), his son had some friends over, including some girls. Mark was a neighbor (I believe), that was hanging out with dad. The two groups mixed, unfortunately in the hot tub, though nothing happened. But, the girl had to tell everybody, and as the details came out, of course Mark was in a hot tub with a teenage girl who was drinking. Doesn't look too good on his resume.

But, he was neither the alcohol provider, nor did anything sexual occur. If he wasn't a famous football player, it would have been a non issue, the girl would have nothing to brag about and nobody would have cared.

Hanging out at a friends house, girls-guys, drinking, with a parent there and neighbor adult hanging with the parent, wasn't exactly weird when I was in HS, and I grew up in that relative area (to the east) and time (couple years earlier).

I understand the situation Waldo, and it sheds a new light on it, given my own teenage years.

I'm not from Wi, but do hail from a similar 'sort' of area, about halfway between rural and urban, with a fair amount of underage drinking.

House parties were common, and I had a pool table in my basement...more than a few brews were drank there. My parents were upstairs, and mostly turned a blind eye to it. The 'bar' crowd wasn't welcome. And I remember other times when an adult would show up at these parties.

The more I think about it though, I do actually still think he was out of line. I remember one time when a couple of HS teachers showed up and smoked a bit of weed at a house party that was being held while the parents were away...and that didn't go over too well, they actually got in a fair amount of trouble, although they didn't provide the weed, or do anything 'wrong' either. If he wanted to poke his head in to check on his neighbour's house, but didn't want to break it up, ok. Even if he wanted to try and be 'cool' and sit at the kitchen table and have a beer, fine. But to change into a suit and get into a hot tub...nope, over the line.

Waldo
10-19-2009, 02:45 PM
But to change into a suit and get into a hot tub...nope, over the line.

I'm pretty sure that it was the other way around.

The kids came second.

Guiness
10-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Ok, now I'm following you...

The two groups mixed I glossed over that part. From the story that hit the press, I don't remember there being mention of any other adults present.

Not that a reporter would purposely forget to mention that in order to sensationalize or anything...

Noodle
10-19-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm not looking to scortch Chewy, but you're leaving out the part where he and the girl were in a locked bathroom together. That's where the assault alllegedly took place.

As the foreman of the jury said: "We all agreed that they were in the bathroom together, but we don't really know what took place." Another juror said "None of us believe nothng happened. We all believed something happended in there. But we had no evidence to prove it."

To my knowledge, there was not much, if any, physical evidence of an assault. There was also a big issue of consent. The girl was of age, and she had been warned by another kid not to go in the bathroom with Chewy, which she just smiled about.

Finally, I think the evidence at trial was that the kids were at the house, and Chewy showed up buzzed with the house owner and kind of made himself part of the party, stripping to his boxers to get in the hot tub.

So this was a little more than being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Waldo, did you hear it differently? Does the owner's bro say that Chewy was never in the bathroom?

Waldo
10-19-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm not looking to scortch Chewy, but you're leaving out the part where he and the girl were in a locked bathroom together. That's where the assault alllegedly took place.

As the foreman of the jury said: "We all agreed that they were in the bathroom together, but we don't really know what took place." Another juror said "None of us believe nothng happened. We all believed something happended in there. But we had no evidence to prove it."

To my knowledge, there was not much, if any, physical evidence of an assault. There was also a big issue of consent. The girl was of age, and she had been warned by another kid not to go in the bathroom with Chewy, which she just smiled about.

Finally, I think the evidence at trial was that the kids were at the house, and Chewy showed up buzzed with the house owner and kind of made himself part of the party, stripping to his boxers to get in the hot tub.

Waldo, did you hear it differently? Does the owner's bro say that Chewy was never in the bathroom?

Oh I don't know. Haven't heard the story told for a very long time. That was the general way it was explained to me. He was there with dad, kids were doing their own thing, and they mixed at the hot tub, dad and Mark were there first. Mark was a neighbor guy hanging with dad.

My bro was not there, but heard it told from the son of the owner of the house. And I heard it from him.

I didn't actually live in Wi at the time, and didn't follow so intently back then, so I didn't really know anything about the case. My only knowledge of the story comes from my Bro's account.

Honestly I've never even heard of the bathroom thing. Couldn't tell you.

The gist of how it was explained to me was basically a wrong place at the wrong time thing. Trouble came to him and he didn't have the good sense to walk away. That him being a football player was the only reason this was even a story.

imscott72
10-19-2009, 04:50 PM

Grown men should get up and leave a hot tub when a teenage girl gets in...PERIOD!!

Just like any of us would do at a party right? :roll: Keep in mind teenage girls can be 18-19. If you're talking about 13-14-15 then I totally agree..

Deputy Nutz
10-19-2009, 05:25 PM

Oh I don't know. Haven't heard the story told for a very long time. That was the general way it was explained to me. He was there with dad, kids were doing their own thing, and they mixed at the hot tub, dad and Mark were there first. Mark was a neighbor guy hanging with dad.

My bro was not there, but heard it told from the son of the owner of the house. And I heard it from him.

I didn't actually live in Wi at the time, and didn't follow so intently back then, so I didn't really know anything about the case. My only knowledge of the story comes from my Bro's account.

The gist of how it was explained to me was basically a wrong place at the wrong time thing. Trouble came to him and he didn't have the good sense to walk away. That him being a football player was the only reason this was even a story.

Well the way you are explaining it is not exactly the same way it was explained to me by someone actually at the party, and also a police officer that was not directly envolved in the case. I could get into it, but really? The facts were that the host's dad, Chewy, and one other adult male were in a hot tub with high school girls. Heavy flirting was going on, possible petting sitting on laps. Chmura did get out of the hot tub at one point to change, he went into a bathroom. The girl followed, she was told by a young man at the party that Chmura was in the bathroom and she told him, "yes I know". Then she slipped passed him and went into the bathroom and shut the door. So read into that what you will. I might be just as full of shit as the story Waldo told but I wasn't there, Waldo wasn't there, and until someone pops up here that was there, or was Mark Chmura, or the girl, it doesn't really matter, he was found not guilty, his football career was over at the point anyways due to neck injury.

rbaloha1
10-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Watched the entire trial on court tv. The girl entered the bathroom with Chewy uninvited.

It was alleged, Chewy raped this girl because her hymen was broken. This girl was a virgin and ran around with a pack of virgin girls.

The girl was "rescued" by her friends when they were unable to locate her. Her friends asked her what happened. In order to protect her reputation and not appear to be a slut made-up the rape story. It was easily disproved because in a few minutes Chewy allegedly penetrated her and completely dressed himself. Impossible.

On a side note: Chewy also invited Winters, Butler and Favre. All declined.

BTW the girl had a teenage crush on Chewy.

Brandon494
10-19-2009, 07:45 PM

That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age

http://stevai.dynamissoftware.com/DazedAndConfused.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
10-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Watched the entire trial on court tv. The girl entered the bathroom with Chewy uninvited.

It was alleged, Chewy raped this girl because her hymen was broken. This girl was a virgin and ran around with a pack of virgin girls.

The girl was "rescued" by her friends when they were unable to locate her. Her friends asked her what happened. In order to protect her reputation and not appear to be a slut made-up the rape story. It was easily disproved because in a few minutes Chewy allegedly penetrated her and completely dressed himself. Impossible.

Say what?

That doesn't disprove anything.

red
10-19-2009, 08:05 PM

Well the way you are explaining it is not exactly the same way it was explained to me by someone actually at the party, and also a police officer that was not directly envolved in the case. I could get into it, but really? The facts were that the host's dad, Chewy, and one other adult male were in a hot tub with high school girls. Heavy flirting was going on, possible petting sitting on laps. Chmura did get out of the hot tub at one point to change, he went into a bathroom. The girl followed, she was told by a young man at the party that Chmura was in the bathroom and she told him, "yes I know". Then she slipped passed him and went into the bathroom and shut the door. So read into that what you will. I might be just as full of shit as the story Waldo told but I wasn't there, Waldo wasn't there, and until someone pops up here that was there, or was Mark Chmura, or the girl, it doesn't really matter, he was found not guilty, his football career was over at the point anyways due to neck injury.

thats the way i remember hearing the story when all this was going on

if you're a pro football player and you're at a party with underage kids drinking, that should be a sign to get the hell out of there

rbaloha1
10-19-2009, 08:07 PM

Say what?

Talk to the jury. Do you have other information that proves Chewy raped her beyond a reasonable doubt?

Guiness
10-19-2009, 08:11 PM

Say what?

Talk to the jury. Do you have other information that proves Chewy raped her beyond a reasonable doubt?

Huh? That's not what he said. He said the fact that he got dressed that quickly proves/disproves nothing.

I mean sheesh, if Mr. Bean can get dressed on the beach in under 5 minutes, surely a pro football player can do it in half that time.

Guiness
10-19-2009, 08:14 PM

Ouch, I remember that now DN - the part where she went into the bathroom, and she followed him in.

Yes, this probably falls under the 'woman scorned' category. But he still put himself in a pos'n that wasn't smart.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-19-2009, 08:16 PM

Say what?

Not what i said.

And, the quote from the jury clearly show they didn't believe in the "impossible" theory.

MJZiggy
10-19-2009, 08:16 PM

Say what?

The tried to convict on a broken hymen? What were they thinking? There's no way to prove that it wasn't something else that broke it. On the flipside, who says either of them was undressed? Too many questions; too much stupidity. He had no business being there and he certainly had no business remaining in a closed bathroom with her regardless of whether she followed him.

pbmax
10-19-2009, 08:29 PM

Say what?

The tried to convict on a broken hymen? What were they thinking? There's no way to prove that it wasn't something else that broke it. On the flipside, who says either of them was undressed? Too many questions; too much stupidity. He had no business being there and he certainly had no business remaining in a closed bathroom with her regardless of whether she followed him.
No, they tried to prosecute an assault on a girl with a partially intact hymen. Experts testified that this is not exculpatory, but it didn't help the prosecutor's case.

He was also charged with giving alcohol to minors. Not sure what happened to that charge.

Deputy Nutz
10-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Funny side note here. Instead of being an upstanding part of the community and provide his services to the High School's official prom party, where his wife was, Chewy instead chose to hang out at with his d-bag of a friend at his own little party that he threw for his son.

The American Chewy thought that he was toast of the town living in Bristlecone Pines.

pbmax
10-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Funny side note here. Instead of being an upstanding part of the community and provide his services to the High School's official prom party, where his wife was, Chewy instead chose to hang out at with his d-bag of a friend at his own little party that he threw for his son.

The American Chewy thought that he was toast of the town living in Bristlecone Pines.
Yep. Some world-class thinking going on here. 30 year old married father partying with high-schoolers.

They should put that in question form on the Wonderlic.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-19-2009, 08:34 PM

Say what?

This is a perfect example of the telephone game.

Chmura was NEVER charged with rape..or rather, the case that was tried was 3rd degree sexual assualt and child enticement.

Many of these stories directly contradict the reports. Such as Chewie and Gessert arriving at the prom party at 3 am. Don't know which is true, but we have statements about Chewie asking where the alcohol was to the kids, challenging 17 year old kids to drinking games, we have girls so drunk they were puking while in the hot tub, we have Chewie in his underwear, etc.

Did Chewie ask her to leave the bathroom. Don't hear anyone saying that. Did Chewie try to forcibly remove her. don't hear anyone saying that.

Did Chewie assault the girl? Who knows. Was Chewie a known partier who made no secret of liking pretty young girls. Yes. Was Chewie the guy who refused to attend the whitehouse because of clinton and lewinsky? yes. Did Chewie present himself as a paragon of morality. Yes. Was Chewie a hypocrite. Yes.

You want to feel bad for someone...how about his wife who he pretty much disrespected.

"We've dealt with these (rumors of him cheating) for a long time, and it's strengthened our relationship because I know the truth about my husband and love him very much."

Waldo
10-19-2009, 09:21 PM

Stupid sidenote. While working at the snack shack out by 12 n' 15, a somewhat intoxicated Majik Man came through with some other guys I didn't know.

Good god did he suck at golf. Sliced one bad into the yard of the guy with the big gray mansion on the 12 fairway. He was so pissed by 15 that he couldn't hardly see straight. A club beater.

Never did see any other Packers, though Holmgren canceled one day.

bobblehead
10-19-2009, 09:34 PM

The kids came second.

And at that point Mark should have gotten out, and Bill Clinton should have said "young lady you need to leave my office."

pbmax
10-19-2009, 09:37 PM

The kids came second.

And at that point Mark should have gotten out, and Bill Clinton should have said "young lady you need to leave my office."
Nope, his buddy brought Chewy back to the party late (or early) in the AM. I think Ty is right, 3 AM is what I remember.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-19-2009, 09:40 PM

The kids came second.

Nope, his buddy brought Chewy back to the party late (or early) in the AM. I think Ty is right, 3 AM is what I remember.

clinton: She wasn't drunk and she was of age.

Ty is 100% right. Any of the hundreds of stories written about it will say exactly the same thing.

BTW, anyone recall what happened to Gessert...the one accused of putting the 18 year old (who was puking) on his lap in the hot tub and then sliding his hands down her pants and fondling her breasts?

bobblehead
10-19-2009, 10:13 PM

If it was that simple why on earth did he deny it and wag his finger at america? Because he was in a stupid situation and he knew it. He chose to get his dick sucked...I would too, but I'm not the president either.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-19-2009, 10:22 PM

If it was that simple why on earth did he deny it and wag his finger at america? Because he was in a stupid situation and he knew it. He chose to get his dick sucked...I would too, but I'm not the president either.

Deny it? Cause he is married. The point is that there is no comparing clinton's stupidity to chewies.

GrnBay007
10-19-2009, 10:47 PM
You want to feel bad for someone...how about his wife who he pretty much disrespected.

"We've dealt with these (rumors of him cheating) for a long time, and it's strengthened our relationship because I know the truth about my husband and love him very much."

Yeah, feel bad for his wife who he disrespected ....no matter which story you believe.

But also feel bad for her because she was too naive, stupid or whatever to dump his ass. :P

....where there's smoke there's fire lady.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-19-2009, 10:50 PM

Yeah, feel bad for his wife who he disrespected ....no matter which story you believe.

But also feel bad for her because she was too naive, stupid or whatever to dump his ass. :P

....where there's smoke there's fire lady.

Sometimes i feel bad, sometimes i pity her for being so dumb.

Ultimately, Ty always falls to the same thought.....don't know what goes on in someone else's marriage so best not to judge.

Fritz
10-19-2009, 11:06 PM
"This girl was a virgin and ran around with a pack of virgin girls."

Sounds dangerous to me. Packs of virgin girls, roaming around.

Mr. T
10-19-2009, 11:08 PM

Don't believe 95% of what has been said in this thread. I'd say more, but this is the internet, and you're all strangers.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-19-2009, 11:34 PM

Don't believe 95% of what has been said in this thread. I'd say more, but this is the internet, and you're all strangers.

Translation: Only Ty's posts are credible.

Deputy Nutz
10-20-2009, 07:23 AM

Deny it? Cause he is married. The point is that there is no comparing clinton's stupidity to chewies.

Actually the abuse of power and fame are two that I came up with right away. Chewy on a smaller scale, and Clinton on a much bigger one. What Chewy was accused of was highly illegal, what Clinton did was morally wrong to some, but he just lied about it to the wrong people.

pbmax
10-20-2009, 07:38 AM

I think its actually a Monty Python skit.

red
10-20-2009, 08:46 AM

I think its actually a Monty Python skit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygy7UDADXDg

Tyrone Bigguns
10-20-2009, 01:02 PM

Actually the abuse of power and fame are two that I came up with right away. Chewy on a smaller scale, and Clinton on a much bigger one. What Chewy was accused of was highly illegal, what Clinton did was morally wrong to some, but he just lied about it to the wrong people.

Well, there is your problem. We don't go to court to prosecute morals.

Illegal vs. not illegal.

Deputy Nutz
10-21-2009, 12:20 AM

Well, there is your problem. We don't go to court to prosecute morals.

Illegal vs. not illegal.

Umm, exactly that was my point. :roll: