PDA

View Full Version : Jordy Nelson out for a 'couple of weeks'

packers11
10-19-2009, 01:14 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Packers KR Jordy Nelson is in danger of missing a "couple weeks" with a knee injury, according to beat writer Greg Bedard.

The team's initial diagnosis was a "bruised" knee, but it knocked him out of Sunday's game and was likely sprained. Tramon Williams will replace Nelson on punt returns. Brett Swain will move into the fourth receiver role.

Source: Greg Bedard on Twitter

Its time for JJ to step up...

bobblehead
10-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Who is returning kicks now??

BTW..WTF was woodson doing returning punts in a blowout...ffs get swain in there and tell him to fair catch everything.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Ty knew cutting Ruvell would haunt us.

Guiness
10-19-2009, 02:27 PM
It'll also be interesting to see what Brett Swain has to offer. This is his audition.

hoosier
10-19-2009, 03:06 PM
It'll also be interesting to see what Brett Swain has to offer. This is his audition.

Tramon will get his shot before Swain. Woodson replaced Tramon because he's the sure handed one.

Lurker64
10-19-2009, 03:12 PM

Tramon will get his shot before Swain. Woodson replaced Tramon because he's the sure handed one.

I think this is more Swain's shot as a receiver, than his shot as a punt returner. The guy returning punts is pretty much always going to be the guy who's least likely to put them on the ground.

Brandon494
10-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Ty knew cutting Ruvell would haunt us.

Not really, this will just give JJ and Finley more opportunities.

digitaldean
10-19-2009, 06:06 PM
I hope that CWood is no longer returning punts. He is the biggest playmaker on our D, bar none. Losing him would be an utter disaster.

I'd rather see us take our lumps with Tramon or Swain back there.

Too bad for Nelson. He was coming on to challenge for the 3rd WR spot.

hoosier
10-19-2009, 07:02 PM

I think this is more Swain's shot as a receiver, than his shot as a punt returner. The guy returning punts is pretty much always going to be the guy who's least likely to put them on the ground.

Yeah, my bad, I misunderstood Guinness's post.

rbaloha1
10-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Is Jake Allen on the practice squad? Lets see what Swain's got.

SnakeLH2006
10-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Jordy sucks. Based on the responses. No one cares either. Dude at this point offers nothing as an advantage to win the game. Below average WR at his 3-4 spot in the rotation. (Wow...he had a long catch TD in preseason....JJ does it in NFL games).

My man James Jones makes plays like I continually preach given a chance. Thank god. Give JJ a chance (52 yard TD in limited duty in an NFL game recently). Jordy is weak and a reach at #36 and sucks at PR. TWill is a beast.

Gunakor
10-24-2009, 03:47 AM
Jordy sucks. Based on the responses. No one cares either. Dude at this point offers nothing as an advantage to win the game. Below average WR at his 3-4 spot in the rotation. (Wow...he had a long catch TD in preseason....JJ does it in NFL games).

My man James Jones makes plays like I continually preach given a chance. Thank god. Give JJ a chance (52 yard TD in limited duty in an NFL game recently). Jordy is weak and a reach at #36 and sucks at PR. TWill is a beast.

I could have scored on that play JJ had the 52 yard TD. Anybody can score a TD when there's nobody around to tackle you. That was some of the worst coverage I've ever seen.

Jordy drops balls, JJ drops more. Jordy gets open frequently. Jordy runs crisper routes. Thus Jordy gets more balls thrown in his direction, and in turn makes more plays.

If you don't mind me asking, what more do you expect from a #3 WR that you'd call Jordy below average? Compare him to other #3 WR's around the NFL, is he really that far below where they're at?

SnakeLH2006
10-24-2009, 04:00 AM

I could have scored on that play JJ had the 52 yard TD. Anybody can score a TD when there's nobody around to tackle you. That was some of the worst coverage I've ever seen.

Jordy drops balls, JJ drops more. Jordy gets open frequently. Jordy runs crisper routes. Thus Jordy gets more balls thrown in his direction, and in turn makes more plays.

If you don't mind me asking, what more do you expect from a #3 WR that you'd call Jordy below average? Compare him to other #3 WR's around the NFL, is he really that far below where they're at?

Maybe we are blessed with godsend WR's but from all I've seen of both. Jordy doesn't make plays (catches the ball, gets tackled immediately). JJ catches the ball, gets big plays, first downs, long gains, TD's. I don't have all the stats (nor care to look them up), but I'm sure Waldo could alleviate your pain and once again show all the stats (JJ excels in all of them with the Waldo stat train). Jordy is nothing great at all. JJ makes plays. My point again. Waldo hopefully is on here soon to educate you again in all things JJ vs. Jordy. He's got the stats, but I watch every play (hope you do too) and Jordy is below average as a WR, JJ is above average. How many more big plays do you need to see?

Gunakor
10-24-2009, 04:07 AM
JJ catches the ball, gets big plays, first downs, long gains, TD's.

How many times does JJ catch the ball? How many times does JJ score TD's? Not many, because they don't throw the ball to him as much. Which means his route running isn't crisp and he's not getting open, or Rodgers doesn't trust him to hold onto the ball. One or the other. If JJ were better than Jordy he'd see more opportunities to make plays.

The only long gain Jones has this season was the play we discussed, where there wasn't a Lion within 15 yards of him when he caught the ball. As I said, anybody can score when there's nobody around to tackle you. Hell, if we could play the Lions every week we could send Taco Wallace to the Pro Bowl if we wanted to. That wasn't a show of exceptional skill or talent on Jones' part. You really give him too much credit.

SnakeLH2006
10-24-2009, 04:21 AM

How many times does JJ catch the ball? How many times does JJ score TD's? Not many, because they don't throw the ball to him as much. Which means his route running isn't crisp and he's not getting open, or Rodgers doesn't trust him to hold onto the ball. One or the other. If JJ were better than Jordy he'd see more opportunities to make plays.

The only long gain Jones has this season was the play we discussed, where there wasn't a Lion within 15 yards of him when he caught the ball. As I said, anybody can score when there's nobody around to tackle you. Hell, if we could play the Lions every week we could send Taco Wallace to the Pro Bowl if we wanted to. That wasn't a show of exceptional skill or talent on Jones' part. You really give him too much credit.

Not really. Jones was hurt much of last year. I'll let Waldo rape you in the JJ vs Jordy facts. Jordy is a just a guy. JJ is explosive. Been watching Packer football since 1989 (seen every game and now DVR-slo-mo-rewind EVERY play). My eyes don't deceive me. Waldo will correct you. Wait for it. Peace, bro.

-Snake-

Gunakor
10-24-2009, 05:16 AM

Not really. Jones was hurt much of last year. I'll let Waldo rape you in the JJ vs Jordy facts. Jordy is a just a guy. JJ is explosive. Been watching Packer football since 1989 (seen every game and now DVR-slo-mo-rewind EVERY play). My eyes don't deceive me. Waldo will correct you. Wait for it. Peace, bro.

-Snake-

Jones is the better playmaker after he gets the ball in his hands. We are in agreement there. But Nelson is the one getting the ball in his hands, not Jones. Why do you suppose that is? I mean, if Jones were the more reliable pass catcher, wouldn't you think he'd be the one Rodgers was looking to throw to instead of Nelson? My eyes don't deceive me either - Nelson is being given more opportunities to make plays than Jones is. Why?

Because the first and most important responsibility of a wide receiver is to catch the ball. Only after you catch it can you worry about making a play afterwards. Jones drops more passes thrown his way than Jordy does. That's the difference. I'd rather a guy who makes the catch and goes down at first contact than a guy who breaks a tackle once and a while but can't hold onto the ball.

Cheesehead Craig
10-24-2009, 11:04 AM

-Snake-
Snake, you can't really start spouting about facts and stats but then don't provide any but simply start deferring to another poster to come around and help you. That's kinda weak.

To say that Nelson is not a playmaker isn't very accurate. He had that impressive catch and run for a TD in the Vikes game. Don't forget the kid is real impressive on kickoff returns.

Both Jordy and JJ are good WRs at what they can do. JJ can stretch the field and Jordy is a better possession WR. I like the fact we have them both.

bobblehead
10-24-2009, 01:12 PM

I was right with you through the preseason on this Snake, but Jordy was stepping up and had made the race about even when he got hurt. Early I liked JJ better, but at this point, they were about even.