PDA

View Full Version : THE GENIUS JUNIOR AND THE DENVER BRONCOS--6-0 WOW

Bretsky
10-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Who better to learn from; unbelievable after all the ridicule the head coach takes...........the lead assistant to the genius beats the master and remains undefeated.

NOT TO MENTION

QUIZ TIME

How many unrestricted free agent vets did the Broncos sign ?? :?: :?:

Not everybody is the Redskins

Plenty of Ways to Skin a Cat

Guiness
10-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Wow, what the heck happened in that game????

Count me as one of those laughing at Denver's antics this summer, at the FA's they signed, some of which were cut in TC. I'm shaking my head at how they pulled this team together, it just doesn't make sense in the conventional logic that is the NFL. Certainly Snyder has tried this on multiple occasions and failed miserably.

Bretsky
10-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Wow, what the heck happened in that game????

Count me as one of those laughing at Denver's antics this summer, at the FA's they signed, some of which were cut in TC. I'm shaking my head at how they pulled this team together, it just doesn't make sense in the conventional logic that is the NFL. Certainly Snyder has tried this on multiple occasions and failed miserably.

The Broncos went for a quantity of signings and figured if they brought in enough crap some would stick

Takes a stellar coaching staff to make this work as well

BallHawk
10-19-2009, 11:15 PM
I still can't buy into a team whose QB is Kyle "Neck Beard" Orton.

Scott Campbell
10-19-2009, 11:27 PM

The one that Jerry Angelo let get away.

Bretsky
10-19-2009, 11:54 PM

What if they sign Ruvell and feature him :lol:

MJZiggy
10-20-2009, 06:08 AM

He seems to fit that team perfectly. Their coach may be young, but there was never a time where the camera hit him that he wasn't looking at his play sheet or talking to a player. The only time he stopped was to watch a play happen. And his players clearly love and respect him.

pbmax
10-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Lord Josh?

retailguy
10-20-2009, 08:17 AM

What exactly is wrong with Orton? The fact he doesn't put up great fantasy stats? The fact that he doesn't wing it 50 yards down the field?

I've always liked the guy, and was always puzzled why the Bears started Grossman over him. I was happy when they traded him. But, I too had no faith at all in the Broncos. It is like a mirage watching them.

Guiness
10-20-2009, 11:52 AM
The Broncos went for a quantity of signings and figured if they brought in enough crap some would stick

Takes a stellar coaching staff to make this work as well

The coach, or GM, or someone did some kind of a job separating the wheat from the chaff over there.

I'm still not convinced it's all for real, but am having to admit I don't see any chinks in the armour. Of course, I'm also the guy that in '99, week after week said "You just watch. Those Rams are going to fall apart this Sunday" :oops:

mission
10-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Brandon "Manbeast" Marshall has a lot to do with a lot.

The defense looks good but I wouldn't say FA turned this team around.

I'd say coach 1st, Orton 2nd ... the guy just plays solid.

Freak Out
10-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Calling Elvis........10 sacks after six games. Nice late 4th round pick by the Rat.

We took Cory Rodgers and Will Blackmon in the 4th before him. :lol:

bobblehead
10-20-2009, 12:32 PM

What exactly is wrong with Orton? The fact he doesn't put up great fantasy stats? The fact that he doesn't wing it 50 yards down the field?

I've always liked the guy, and was always puzzled why the Bears started Grossman over him. I was happy when they traded him. But, I too had no faith at all in the Broncos. It is like a mirage watching them.

2nd....Every time the bears started grossman against us I felt we had a much better chance to win than when orton was the man.

gex
10-20-2009, 06:56 PM

What is Ortons record as a starter again? What Is Cutlers record back to pee-wee again? I think Den might have gotten the better of that trade by far :oops:

hoosier
10-20-2009, 07:19 PM
I think the way the Broncos are going right now is perfect testament to the idea that winning in the NFL is a combination of skill, luck, momentum and whatever else it was that Waldo said the other day...mojo? After their 6-0 start I have a feeling that they could just as easily end up 12-4 or 8-8.

retailguy
10-20-2009, 07:23 PM

What is Ortons record as a starter again? What Is Cutlers record back to pee-wee again? I think Den might have gotten the better of that trade by far :oops:

you don't judge a trade on 7 games. That being said, the draft picks could make it a huge haul. But orton vs. cutler? If I'm a coach, I want cutler, b/c I can tailor to his strengths. When you factor in the draft picks, it slants it the other way, and you can win with Orton. You just have to play to his strengths which are different.

If Denver drafts well in the next few years, they will be a force for years to come.

Bretsky
10-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Brandon "Manbeast" Marshall has a lot to do with a lot.

The defense looks good but I wouldn't say FA turned this team around.

I'd say coach 1st, Orton 2nd ... the guy just plays solid.

I agree with your analysis....but at the same time it's pretty hard to deny that free agency has had a major say in this team looking so good as well.

Take all those free agents away and just use the draft picks and this team is.................the Packers :)..........just kidding..............but they don't look nearly as good.

mmmdk
10-21-2009, 12:50 PM

I don't know but I started respecting Orton even last season. I take back, if any?, bad raps on Kyle.

Guiness
10-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Time will tell here. I find it ironic that the thread topic has 'genius' in it.

The last genius we heard about that turned around a team was Maginius for the Jets. That worked out well long term...

Partial
10-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Leroy Butler was talking about how successful the delayed LB blitz was killing SD on Monday, and how Nolan was just sending the farm at Rivers over and over and over again.

I wish we had Nolan in hindsight. Or atleast played extremely aggressively to develop a little swagger. :(

The Shadow
10-21-2009, 10:47 PM

I think you may be right. Time will tell.

Bretsky
10-22-2009, 01:24 AM
Leroy Butler was talking about how successful the delayed LB blitz was killing SD on Monday, and how Nolan was just sending the farm at Rivers over and over and over again.

I wish we had Nolan in hindsight. Or atleast played extremely aggressively to develop a little swagger. :(

Nolan has better players on that defense than we have; part of that is they went out and upgraded to a Safety to Dawkins and were willing to bring in veterans that fit the scheme as upgrades to just a guys like Montgomery

SnakeLH2006
10-24-2009, 01:26 AM
QUIZ TIME

How many unrestricted free agent vets did the Broncos sign ?? :?: :?:

Not everybody is the Redskins

Plenty of Ways to Skin a Cat

LMAO, Brett! You know I love ya man, but didn't you have a 2 year sig saying "I won't take this sig down till Ted signs 2 name Free Agents"? What happened yo? Where is Brett and who are you? :lol:

hoosier
01-05-2010, 07:39 PM
I think the way the Broncos are going right now is perfect testament to the idea that winning in the NFL is a combination of skill, luck, momentum and whatever else it was that Waldo said the other day...mojo? After their 6-0 start I have a feeling that they could just as easily end up 12-4 or 8-8.

Bump. :lol:

gbgary
01-05-2010, 07:49 PM

denver...the giants...terrible second halves.

ICU81MI
01-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Still love the lil' hoodie.

Lurker64
01-06-2010, 02:53 AM

I'd sure rather finish 7-1 than start 6-0...

Fritz
01-06-2010, 08:28 AM
It's no fun to have a thread bumped when you've authored some statements that in hindsight don't look so wise any more. We all make those kinds of statements, but it still isn't fun to see one's wrong-ness bumped. I'd say here Bretsky's proclamation of the effects of free agency in Denver vs. the lack thereof in Green Bay doesn't look so hot any more...but as I said, you could bump all kinds of things I've written that look foolish now, too.

What I really wish is that we could "bump" all the thoughtless stuff that supposedly knowledgeable sports journalists say and write.

Also, take a listen sometime - really listen - to some of the idiocy that passes for color commentary during football games. I know people often think that former players and coaches bring some kind of special insight into the game, but most of the time they are inane. Listen (if you can stand it) to Matt Millen or Jon Gruden sometime. They say crap like "IF this team can get some momentum going right now then they'll feel good about how this game is going."

What I do is ask myself if someone could reasonably oppose the observation. If one could, then it's an assertion worth considering. But could anyone oppose such an obvious and meaningless statement as the one above? No.

I'd like to see Bedard and Vandermause and guys like that get bumped. And jabbering good-ol'-boys like Millen and Gruden.

channtheman
01-06-2010, 09:42 AM
It's no fun to have a thread bumped when you've authored some statements that in hindsight don't look so wise any more. We all make those kinds of statements, but it still isn't fun to see one's wrong-ness bumped. I'd say here Bretsky's proclamation of the effects of free agency in Denver vs. the lack thereof in Green Bay doesn't look so hot any more...but as I said, you could bump all kinds of things I've written that look foolish now, too.

What I really wish is that we could "bump" all the thoughtless stuff that supposedly knowledgeable sports journalists say and write.

Also, take a listen sometime - really listen - to some of the idiocy that passes for color commentary during football games. I know people often think that former players and coaches bring some kind of special insight into the game, but most of the time they are inane. Listen (if you can stand it) to Matt Millen or Jon Gruden sometime. They say crap like "IF this team can get some momentum going right now then they'll feel good about how this game is going."

What I do is ask myself if someone could reasonably oppose the observation. If one could, then it's an assertion worth considering. But could anyone oppose such an obvious and meaningless statement as the one above? No.

I'd like to see Bedard and Vandermause and guys like that get bumped. And jabbering good-ol'-boys like Millen and Gruden.

Does anyone take anything Millen says seriously? He kind of lost all credibility as any sort of analyst while he was a GM. It's actually hilarious to me that the NFL network picked him up for their Thursday night games. Gruden, well, he's like a younger version of Madden. He says stupid, obvious things and loves Favre. I love it when some obscure player that wasn't drafted makes a tackle or something on ST and Gruden comes out and just makes an uneducated viewer think that the player is the face of the franchise.

hoosier
01-06-2010, 09:56 AM

My solution: bump your own wrongness before someone else beats you to it! :lol:

Scott Campbell
01-06-2010, 09:56 AM
It's no fun to have a thread bumped when you've authored some statements that in hindsight don't look so wise any more. We all make those kinds of statements, but it still isn't fun to see one's wrong-ness bumped.

What's this "we" crap? I never say anything stupid.