PDA

View Full Version : Vote NFL.com's Photo of the Week - Driver one hand catch

CaliforniaCheez
10-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Link:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8138ba26&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

The photograph is a few milliseconds early but Driver's catch deserves a vote at NFL.com

MadScientist
10-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Best play of the lot as it was so spectacular, but as far as the pictures go, the others are better shots. The diving grab happens more often, but the shot was near perfect. QB hits happen all the time, but the shots show the pain of the crunch and the anguish of losing the ball.

Guiness
10-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Agreed - the shot of Driver was just a little too early. 0.25sec later, and it's beautiful.

Johnson's picture is great, as is Matt Cassel's. The one of Anderson is just a little too unnatural. I'm guessing he didn't get hurt on that play, or the pic wouldn't be in there, but it sure looks like they're about to twist him around until something gives.

cheesner
10-20-2009, 02:24 PM
The other 3 tell more of a story.

I voted ochostinko but think I should have gone with Anderson.

Relooking at the Driver photo, it did capture the determination and concentration on drivers face. I like the lions in the background watching with casual interest - already defeated. As said before, if it was taken as the ball touches Drivers hand, maybe a look of 'anguish' on the DB (all you see now is chin strap) and you have a fantastic shot.

red
10-20-2009, 04:59 PM
the picture doesn't do the catch any justice

that was one of the best catches i've ever seen

amazing concentration, one hand, diving backwards with one hand being held by the defender, and he snags it with one hand, cradles it against his body, and somehow holds on after he hit the ground

red
10-20-2009, 05:00 PM
IS THAT MATT MILLEN?

right behind the defenders head

mmmdk
10-20-2009, 05:40 PM
DD is really going strong at 34; that catch was amazing. Gotta focus on the positive actives that Packers do have. Cry TT - time to worry now!

BobDobbs
10-22-2009, 01:41 AM
Sunday Sandwich is the winner. You can see the snot flying through the air. Whoa!

Kiwon
10-22-2009, 06:40 AM
Driver is such a great player...underrated his whole career.

If he played on a big market team his mug on endorsements would be everywhere.

But he's right where he belongs in Green Bay.