PDA

View Full Version : Cutler signs with Bears through 2013

Badgerinmaine
10-20-2009, 10:17 PM
I guess they're happy with him, eh? When was the last time they had a starting QB they actually wanted to keep around?
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12394513

mmmdk
10-20-2009, 10:27 PM
I guess they're happy with him, eh? When was the last time they had a starting QB they actually wanted to keep around?
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12394513

What a great trade for Broncos - in hindsight !

Guiness
10-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Seems a little early, you would think they'd wait until the end of the year to throw that money at him. He was signed to the end of 2011, I think.

Well, they're happy with him, and locking up the QB position always makes sense, but you'd think they would wait a more than 5 games $20million!

bobblehead
10-20-2009, 11:20 PM
The great thing about this is that Cutler will throw a mountain of picks for chicago over the next 10 years...then when the team tries to reel him in he will prove what a system player he is by going to another team and doing exactly what management had been begging him to do all along.

Scott Campbell
10-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Big surprise. It was always all about the money for Jay and Bus.

Guiness
10-21-2009, 12:23 AM
The great thing about this is that Cutler will throw a mountain of picks for chicago over the next 10 years...then when the team tries to reel him in he will prove what a system player he is by going to another team and doing exactly what management had been begging him to do all along.

Well, IMO, the best thing about Cutler is the mountain of picks Chicago sent to Denver for him

sheepshead
10-21-2009, 08:25 AM
The Bears need a QB coach. That sideline is all defensive guys. They may get a whole new staff built around him especially if they tank this year.

Scott Campbell
10-21-2009, 08:39 AM

Well, IMO, the best thing about Cutler is the mountain of picks Chicago sent to Denver for him

And Orton is 6-0 with a better QB rating. :lol:

Cutler's playing well enough, but they sure gave up a ton to get him.

rbaloha1
10-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Good move by the Bears. Potential nightmares for the Packers.

MadScientist
10-21-2009, 12:55 PM
It makes sense that the Bears want to make Cutler happy after all the effort they made to get him. It does seem like a large chunk of cash for just 2 extra years on the contract, but I suspect the numbers are reasonable for the total pay for the next 4 years.