PDA

View Full Version : Chew on this Hawk Lovers!

Pages : 1 [2]

Partial
11-17-2009, 04:53 PM
I don't think he's been all that harsh. I read his comments as having two points:

1. He seems to feel there's a hell of a lot of talent just barely behind Hawk, and if AJ wants to play he better make some plays cuz just being assignment sure isn't good enough.

2. Hawk's nature is to not make mistakes, and while that is important - not make mistakes - he is capable of more and is starting to understand that and play to his abilities and not overthink it so much any more.

I agree but the backhanded-compliment stuff is probably because Moss isn't a cunninglinguist.

Brandon494
11-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Good, I'm glad Moss is lighting some fire under his ass. After bashing on him at the beginning of the season he has looked very good the past couple games.

pbmax
02-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Captain Etienne Navarre

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089457/

Just a sublime post. They say Hollywood makes less than half the films they used to, but back in the heady days of new cable service, that movie played on HBO approximately 4,589 times. Michelle Pfeiffer indeed.

pbmax
02-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Some of you buttlickers need to remember what it was like to have Paris Lenon, Fred Strickland, or Bernardo Harris on the field before you go calling guys talentless or busts.

Brutally tough. Wasn't Strickland the MLB on the league's number one scoring defense in 1996? That's a high standard.

pbmax
02-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Hawk wants to return to Packers next season

Regardless of his current role, linebacker A.J. Hawk says he would like to remain with the Packers beyond this season.

That decision, though, almost surely will come down to whether he’s willing to take a major pay cut from the $4.1 million he’s scheduled to make in base salary next year.

Hawk, who has played only in the Packers’ base defense the last two games, was on the field for only nine snaps against the Detroit Lions last week because defensive coordiator Dom Capers deployed nickel personnel most of the game.

It’s a given the Packers won’t bring back Hawk next year at that pay. They presumably would ask him to take a pay cut before releasing him, and if they do, it will be up to Hawk to accept their new offer or force them to cut him so he can sign with another club.

“I don’t know, if that happens we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it,” Hawk said of a pay cut. “I like it here. Definitely. Regardless of how many reps I’m getting right now I still want to be here. I’d much rather be not playing as much as I’d like on a good winning team and a solid organization than starting for a team going 2-14.”

-- Pete Dougherty, pdougher@greenbaypressgazette.com

I wonder if Pete Dougherty has ever had to retract this statement? Or apologize for being a complete tool?

But I bet he is one of the same dopes who is currently claiming Hawk CANNOT return next year WITHOUT A SIGNIFICANT PAYCUT!

esoxx
02-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Speaking of chew, I'm going to have to pinch a huge dip of Cope to even out my nerves for this game.

Back to the topic, it's going to come down to Hawk or Barnett, they won't keep both.

Yea, it's Hawk. Appreciate what Nick has done and I bumped in to him at Best Buy one day.

But he's had not one, but two major knee injuries. Hawk is still on the rise, or steady. Nick has too much mileage on the treads.

Good luck Nick in your future endeavors. For real.

Patler
02-06-2011, 04:04 AM
... Appreciate what Nick has done and I bumped in to him at Best Buy one day.

But he's had not one, but two major knee injuries. Hawk is still on the rise, or steady. Nick has too much mileage on the treads.

Two knee injuries? The first was in 2008, when was the second one?

swede
02-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Two knee injuries? The first was in 2008, when was the second one?

March, 2009. Bumped into bathroom door frame while getting up at night to use bathroom. It really fricking stung.

Scott Campbell
02-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Just a sublime post. They say Hollywood makes less than half the films they used to, but back in the heady days of new cable service, that movie played on HBO approximately 4,589 times. Michelle Pfeiffer indeed.

Nice thread bump.

:worship:

Smidgeon
02-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Speaking of chew, I'm going to have to pinch a huge dip of Cope to even out my nerves for this game.

Back to the topic, it's going to come down to Hawk or Barnett, they won't keep both.

Yea, it's Hawk. Appreciate what Nick has done and I bumped in to him at Best Buy one day.

Why does it come down to Barnett or Hawk? They play different positions.

ThunderDan
02-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Anyone can make tackles man, I like how you left out sacks, tackle for loss, INT, pass delections, etc.

Anyway I'm done with this topic, Hawk has been a disappointment for where he was drafted and there is nothing you can say to me to prove otherwise. Unless he suddenly starts to break out in the new 3-4 scheme you won't be seeing him in GB next season unless he takes a paycut.

Bump

ThunderDan
02-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Nice thread bump.

SC-

I had to ask for the thread because I had no idea how to find old threads. Thanks for the help PB!

ThunderDan
02-06-2011, 10:19 AM

Exactly, it will be between Bishop and Barnett unless the Packers are able to carry a backup at whatever Barnett is getting paid.

esoxx
02-06-2011, 11:47 AM

But he's had not one, but two major orthopedic type injuries. Hawk is still on the rise, or steady. Nick has too much mileage on the treads.

Fixed

Drinking and coherent posting do not go together well.

pbmax
02-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Nice thread bump.

I have to credit Thunder Dan with thinking of the thread and then denverYooper sniffed it out. I suppose it tells us something about circumstances being everything for Hawk; but mostly I really liked Michelle Pfeiffer in that movie.

pbmax
02-06-2011, 12:13 PM
I actually think, if all else were equal (and contract wise they are not), that the Packers could be better served by keeping Hawk and finding a speedy and TE covering LB who can also tackle fairly well. That would be the ideal Mack. Or we could just combine Barnett and Bishop. Bishop is close though. That tackle on Jackson versus Philly was a thing of beauty. If he can learn to cover tighter, wow.

Packers4Glory
02-06-2011, 12:14 PM

prob because of money, and you have a younger bishop and others who can play Nick's spot as well if not better at this point. If Nick is back its at a pay cut and thats why he returns over Hawk. Its all about the $. they have to be smart where they spend it so they can keep the nucleus of this team together.

mraynrand
02-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Brutally tough. Wasn't Strickland the MLB on the league's number one scoring defense in 1996? That's a high standard.

No, it was, George Koonce, who gave way to former Bear Ron Cox, after blowing his ACL in the Divisional win against SF. Williams and that nasty SOB Wayne Simmons - RIP - were on the outside.