PDA

View Full Version : Quinn Johnson serving pancakes

Brandon494
10-22-2009, 04:55 PM
http://packerslounge.com/2009/10/21/pancakes-are-served/

Forget about Hall and Kuhn, get this guy on the field. We need something to improve the running game and I believe Johnson would do just that.

Partial
10-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Excellent posts. Getting Johnson into the game as the starter is step one in becoming a more physical and successful team.

MadScientist
10-22-2009, 05:14 PM
There was one telling stat that was not highlighted, not one of the plays was a pass play. Can Johnson block in pass protection or catch a dump off pass effectively? When the answer to that question is yes, he'll start.

get louder at lambeau
10-22-2009, 05:25 PM
There was one telling stat that was not highlighted, not one of the plays was a pass play. Can Johnson block in pass protection or catch a dump off pass effectively? When the answer to that question is yes, he'll start.

I can't imagine that he'd be horrible in pass protection. Aim him at a player or area and yell "Sick nuts!" Receiving might be an issue, though. I think he's pretty one dimensional right now.

Brandon494
10-22-2009, 05:28 PM

No one said he had to start, just get him in the game on running plays. They always switch time at FB with Kuhn and Hall who are basically the same, might as well give Johnson some time on running plays and short yardage situations.

red
10-22-2009, 05:38 PM
ahmen

get the guy on the field

he brings a nastiness that this team needs

as for the pass blocking, its not like he could be much worse then what we've seen so far

sharpe1027
10-22-2009, 05:47 PM
I am excited for what the combination of Lang and Quinn might do for our running game.

I hope we get something going so in a few weeks we can run right the space left by J. Allen just like Baltimore.

denverYooper
10-22-2009, 05:58 PM
I am excited for what the combination of Lang and Quinn might do for our running game.

I hope we get something going so in a few weeks we can run right the space left by J. Allen just like Baltimore.

That was pretty sweet.

MadScientist
10-22-2009, 07:24 PM

No one said he had to start, just get him in the game on running plays. They always switch time at FB with Kuhn and Hall who are basically the same, might as well give Johnson some time on running plays and short yardage situations.
They can only do that in clear rushing situations, otherwise they are tipping their hand too much.

Brandon494
10-22-2009, 07:36 PM

They can only do that in clear rushing situations, otherwise they are tipping their hand too much.

Kuhn and Hall have a combined 3 catches on the season so its not like our FBs are a big part of our passing game. Just because Johnson is in at FB doenst mean it has to be a rushing play.

Tony Oday
10-22-2009, 07:37 PM
I would prefer a power rushing game, smash mouth big guys just crushing the DL! :)

MJZiggy
10-22-2009, 07:38 PM
I'd prefer a running game that was utilized.

Tony Oday
10-22-2009, 07:39 PM
I'd prefer a running game that was utilized.

touche!

rbaloha1
10-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Need some physicality in the run game. Let new Hendu play.

pbmax
10-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Everyone take a deep breath. He is hurt and JSO's Bedard Blog has him down as unlikely to play at this point.

Brandon494
10-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Everyone take a deep breath. He is hurt and JSO's Bedard Blog has him down as unlikely to play at this point.

The only other change to the injury report was the return to practice of fullback Quinn Johnson (ankle), who was listed as a full participant-- Tom Pelissero, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com

pbmax
10-22-2009, 10:03 PM

The only other change to the injury report was the return to practice of fullback Quinn Johnson (ankle), who was listed as a full participant-- Tom Pelissero, tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com
Good news. I will now exhale.

Guiness
10-23-2009, 12:40 AM
Anyone else get a kick out of this one

6. In a short yardage situation (third and one), Johnson ties up the linebacker, keeping him sealed to the inside. Kuhn runs behind Johnson to get the first down.

A FB blocking for an FB who's actually carrying the ball. Certainly an oddity in today's NFL!

Fritz
10-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Good point. One more step to a three-back backfield and two tight ends. Then on short yardage you can hand it off to any of the three backs, have one other one go misdirection after a fake handoff, have one block.

You can fake it to two of them give it off to the third. You can fake to all three of those bastards and have Arod keep it and run or pass to one of the tight ends.

This is gonna start looking like Oklahoma back in the 70's.

sharpe1027
10-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Good point. One more step to a three-back backfield and two tight ends. Then on short yardage you can hand it off to any of the three backs, have one other one go misdirection after a fake handoff, have one block.

You can fake it to two of them give it off to the third. You can fake to all three of those bastards and have Arod keep it and run or pass to one of the tight ends.

This is gonna start looking like Oklahoma back in the 70's.

Don't forget that they can motion one of the TE's into the backfield and have them block or run too. The possibilities are endless!!!! Who needs the wildcat?

Fritz
10-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Say, could you put five guys on the line of scrimmage, then put a quarterback under center with five guys in the backfield?

How about five fake handoffs then a pass! Our offensive line could block for that, for sure. And how fun would that be to watch?

sharpe1027
10-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Say, could you put five guys on the line of scrimmage, then put a quarterback under center with five guys in the backfield?

How about five fake handoffs then a pass! Our offensive line could block for that, for sure. And how fun would that be to watch?

I think you need seven on the line, but you could motion a FB out as a WR and pull the TE into the backfield...

Zool
10-23-2009, 12:56 PM

I think you need seven on the line, but you could motion a FB out as a WR and pull the TE into the backfield...

I believe Clifton drove home the point about 7 guys on the line last week.

bobblehead
10-23-2009, 01:50 PM
All part of TT's Master plan of a wildcat, 3 FB's 2 TE's and 1 TE/LB with no QB on the field.

SnakeLH2006
10-24-2009, 12:59 AM

In a nutshell, yes, Mad.

But who cares about that shit. Snake wants some fucking pancakes. I prefer French Toast, but where the fuck are the free fucking pancakes! :bs2: