PDA

View Full Version : Basic Packer/Bear Fan Misnomers. Bears Fans ARE Huge Homers.

SnakeLH2006
10-24-2009, 01:50 AM
Snake has several buddies who are Bears fans. I have no problem with that. But since the Cutler trade, the shit-talking, fanboyism, and illogical phrases have amused Snake to the point where I bet most all Packer fans find these common BearFan phrases common to a fault. I begin with some of the most common ones lately I hear from Bear Fans:

I got buddies who are Bear fans. Good guys overall, but very bad with homer logic or logic at all. I few things I noted of ALL Bear fans lately (most all say these things):

1) Cutler is god. (Fact: He's a deece NFL QB. But prob. the best QB the Bears have EVER had in 100 years now). Advantage: Bears fan.
2) Bears rule. Packers suck (This has been a Bear fan's adage for decades). Advantage: Packer fan.
3) Favre's gone. Now you are fucked. (Favre has been great in Minny. Arod is better than Cutler though). Advantage: Packer fan.
4) We don't need Hester at KR/PR. We have good guys there. (Hester is a bad WR...and poor at ST now too. His replacements are OK. But don't scare the shit out of me like Hester used to. Bears are average at ST and below average with Hester as a WR). Advantage: Packers fan.
5) Matt Forte is the best RB you never heard of. (Didn't they say the same about Benson till they ran him out of Chicago as a bust? He stars in Cinn. Epic Bear fail.) Advantage: Packer fan.
6) Bears are SuperBowl bound. Best championship team EVER. (Packers won a Super Bowl as recently as 1997. Bears...1985. Pack has more championships than the Bears or ANY NFL team in history). Advantage: Packer fan.
7) Ditka is the best NFL coach EVER. (Lombardi has a fucking trophy named after him for greatness. Ditka won 1 Superbowl as a coach). Advantage: Packer fan.

Snake could go on and on but please post up your own. By my count, those are 6 advantages to 1 for Packer fans vs. Bear fans.

Those are the main Bear-an-isms I hear yearly, but laugh them off. I enjoy the misery the Bears fans bear, yet they have unbridled enthusiasm year after year and talk the most nonsense of any sports fans I've EVER heard. Please add to the list. This is fun stuff. Just stuff you hear (Bear logic) and the facts to follow. Thanks.

-Snake-

Fritz
10-24-2009, 09:07 AM
I didn't see the end of the Chicago/Atlanta game, but heard Cutler threw a big pick. Is that true, or no? How'd they lose? I watched the first quarter and the Bears were punishing the Falcons.

Bretsky
10-24-2009, 09:10 AM
The jury is still out as to whether Cutler or AROD will be the better player.

pack4to84
10-24-2009, 09:11 AM
I didn't see the end of the Chicago/Atlanta game, but heard Cutler threw a big pick. Is that true, or no? How'd they lose? I watched the first quarter and the Bears were punishing the Falcons.Bears got down to the 10 yard line with 45 seconds left. had 4th and 1 at the 1 1/2 yard line. LT Pace jumped the gun 5 yard penalty. Cutler threw incomplete game over.

Scott Campbell
10-24-2009, 09:39 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again. Da Bears overpaid to get Cutler. Orton was not just a throw in.

sheepshead
10-24-2009, 09:43 AM
The jury is still out as to whether Cutler or AROD will be the better player.

Right now Id take our guy just for whats between his ears. This debate will rage on I suspect as I think both guys have the tools and one guys is a tool at least for now.

Cleft Crusty
10-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Bears are better than the Packer over history. Have won more games head to head. Series is 91 wins for Chicago, 81 for the Packers, 6 ties. Advantage Bears

Bears two best running backs are better than Packers two best running backs. Payton was the NFL rushing leader when he retired and held the record for almost two decades. Gayle Sayers was the most explosive back to come into the NFL in the history of the NFL - even more explosive than Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson. Taylor and Hornung were very very good, but not as good and Payton and Sayers. Advantage Bears.

Packer had the best QB in football, perhaps the best in the history of the NFL. The bears had Sid Luckman and yes, he was pretty good in 12 seasons,from 1939-1950, throwing for 137 TDs and 14,686 yards. Bears fans hope Cutler is the 'next Favre' but he is nowhere close to Favre. Bears might be better of with Kramer or Billy Wade behind center over Cutler. Still, The Bears won four championships in the 40's: '40, '41,'43, and '46. Can Favre say that? Championships are always more important than QB stats Advantage Bears.

sheepshead
10-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Having lived here half my life, Id say there are many loyal Bear fans like us. Way many more die hard Packer fans. Many many more. The Bears have them as well and you can only respect their passion. But there is a large contingency that will turn on a dime against these guys. With all the sports media down here it gets amplified like no where else outside of New York.

The Shadow
10-24-2009, 10:36 AM
The Lombardi years represented the pinnacle of modern football excellence, and the Bears closest answer was just Ditka's one-and-done.
That era remains the critical factor in all Packer-Bear discussion, and is at the root of Bear jealousy.
Ultimate Advantage : Green Bay Packers

Fred's Slacks
10-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Packer had the best QB in football, perhaps the best in the history of the NFL. The bears had Sid Luckman and yes, he was pretty good in 12 seasons,from 1939-1950, throwing for 137 TDs and 14,686 yards. Bears fans hope Cutler is the 'next Favre' but he is nowhere close to Favre. Bears might be better of with Kramer or Billy Wade behind center over Cutler. Still, The Bears won four championships in the 40's: '40, '41,'43, and '46. Can Favre say that? Championships are always more important than QB stats Advantage Bears.

Come on Cleft, lets be consistent here. You can't change the criteria based on who your talking about. How is Favre our best QB if, like you say "Championships are always more important".

If it's championships, like you say, then I present to you one Bryan Bartlett Starr. The only QB ever to lead a team to 5 NFL championships. Advantage Packers.

If its stats then its, again no contest. Advantage Packers.

Fritz
10-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Larry "Lagoon" Evans was the Packers' team waterboy from 1949 - 1995. He never slopped water from the bucket to the player's mouth, and in the "modern era" of gatorade dumping, he consistently kept a bucket of warm gatorade at the ready so when the players dumped it on Holmy, the big coach didn't catch a cold.

Not once during the "Lagoon" era did a player have to wait to be watered.

In contrast, the Bears's waterboy was a notorious alcoholic who often slopped water all over Dick Butkus's uniform (which Butkus, a notorious neat-freak, despised) and, on more than one occasion, used toilet-water for the drink-bucket when he got drunk and couldn't figure out how to turn on the new-fangled taps at Soldier Field.

Advantage: Packers

Cleft Crusty
10-24-2009, 11:03 AM

Come on Cleft, lets be consistent here. You can't change the criteria based on who your talking about. How is Favre our best QB if, like you say "Championships are always more important".

If it's championships, like you say, then I present to you one Bryan Bartlett Starr. The only QB ever to lead a team to 5 NFL championships. Advantage Packers.

If its stats then its, again no contest. Advantage Packers.

Fred, you are right. Clefty changed the criteria in midstream. The myth is that Favre is the best QB. But the reality is that in critical playoff games, he fared very poorly. Starr and Luckman played very well. I still think Luckman had more pizazz than Starr, but even a high school math dud like me who struggled to get a 'C' in geometry knows that 5 is greater than 4. Advantage Mr. Slacks

packerbacker1234
10-24-2009, 11:07 AM
I would say let them talk about their QB all they want, same in Minnesota.

Neither one of those teams has had a good QB in forever, and now there are 3 teams with 3 legit QB's in the division. I wont ever agree we are screwed because we no longer have #4, but I will say certain aspects of our passing game are missing since he left.

The Shadow
10-24-2009, 11:20 AM

Neither one of those teams has had a good QB in forever, and now there are 3 teams with 3 legit QB's in the division. I wont ever agree we are screwed because we no longer have #4, but I will say certain aspects of our passing game are missing since he left.

As are certain parts of our interception game.

Rastak
10-24-2009, 11:23 AM

Rodgers 2 Favre 2....sounds like you haven't missed a beat.... :lol:

Cleft Crusty
10-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Larry "Lagoon" Evans was the Packers' team waterboy from 1949 - 1995. He never slopped water from the bucket to the player's mouth, and in the "modern era" of gatorade dumping, he consistently kept a bucket of warm gatorade at the ready so when the players dumped it on Holmy, the big coach didn't catch a cold.

Not once during the "Lagoon" era did a player have to wait to be watered.

In contrast, the Bears's waterboy was a notorious alcoholic who often slopped water all over Dick Butkus's uniform (which Butkus, a notorious neat-freak, despised) and, on more than one occasion, used toilet-water for the drink-bucket when he got drunk and couldn't figure out how to turn on the new-fangled taps at Soldier Field.

Advantage: Packers

Fritz, what you don't know is the rest of the story. Larry Lagoon was busy hydrating the Packers in his final game as waterboy in Dallas for the NFC championship game. During that game, receivers coach Gil Haskell was hit on the sidelines, suffering a severe concussion. The game was delayed for 9 minutes while the ambulance came to the sidelines to remove Haskill. What is lesser known is that in the process, Larry Lagoon was struck by and run over by the same ambulance that took Haskill away. Lagoon died later of severe internal bleeding, but more importantly, he was not there to hydrate Packer D-linemen and they gave out in the second half due to dehydration, despite the efforts of Fritz Shurmur. Ironically, because of the absence of Lagoon, had the Packers won, the game, the Gatorade cooler would have been too full, too cold, and most experts agree, would have killed Homgren had it been dumped on him. Advantage Packers

bobblehead
10-24-2009, 11:39 AM

Rodgers 2 Favre 2....sounds like you haven't missed a beat.... :lol:

Just because Brett FINALLY came around and understood what MM meant when he said "don't throw late over the middle" in '07, then threw a fit and left to play exactly as MM begged him to play doesn't discount the MOUNTAIN of picks BF threw during his career. the '01 ? playoff game vs. the rams when he tossed 6 interceptions (all Bill Schroeders fault) come to mind, as do the red zone picks against minnesota the year we beat them twice in the regular season and lost in the playoffs.

So, yes, its 2 vs. 2 this season...when is the last time BF had only 2 picks through 6 games?? BF also is working with AP instead of Ryan Grant. Sorry, but after all those years of watching BF, I'll take ARod being overly cautious any day.

packerbacker1234
10-24-2009, 11:44 AM

As are certain parts of the W column.

MJZiggy
10-24-2009, 11:50 AM

You mean the 4-12 part? I'm not ragging on the guy, really, but he isn't perfect. When he played on a team that didn't perform well as a team, he lost too, so let's keep that in perspective for poor A-Rod. They're losing as a team just like they did with Favre a couple years back.

packerbacker1234
10-24-2009, 11:51 AM

You mean the 4-12 part? I'm not ragging on the guy, really, but he isn't perfect. When he played on a team that didn't perform well as a team, he lost too, so let's keep that in perspective for poor A-Rod. They're losing as a team just like they did with Favre a couple years back.

When he had AR's stats, they won.

Story Over.

MJZiggy
10-24-2009, 11:58 AM

When he had AR's stats, they won.

Story Over.That speaks to the rest of the team, not the QB. The TEAM is not finding ways to win; they're finding ways to lose.

packerbacker1234
10-24-2009, 12:05 PM
SO when they win the QB is the hero, when they lose it's not on him?

He's the leader of the team. Take last season, they lost close games due to the defense, but he, on most of those games, had the opportunity to find a way to win.

Didn't happen.

MJZiggy
10-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Not at all. When they win, the team wins and when they lose the team loses. If the QB does well, then he did his job regardless of whether the TEAM won or lost. If they win and the QB sucked dog turds, do you still praise him? Of course not. You just thank heavens that the TEAM pulled out a win despite the QB throwing a record number of picks.