PDA

View Full Version : What will it take to win?

MJZiggy
10-24-2009, 10:48 AM
C'mon people! It's the day before game day and we're all napping! What's it gonna take to win this game?? Is Ahman going to tear them up? Can he still bring it? Is the line gonna have a better day? It's too quiet in here!

I think Lang's gonna be better than expected today and Green will get a few 3rd down carries. They'll become first downs when he's done.

What strengths does Cleveland bring?

Fritz
10-24-2009, 10:59 AM
It's going to take a realization in the locker room that focus and effort on each play will bring results. Can't worry about whether the team "should" win or who did or didn't do what - just a big effort on every play. I saw this in the baseball playoffs - during the course of the regular season, a catcher will sometimes just stab at a ball or try to backhand one in the dirt. In the playoffs, though, on every pitch in the dirt the catcher would move his feet and block. There was no letting up - every pitch was thoughtful, every at bat taken seriously. That's what produces a high level of play.

And the Packers need to begin to develop that attitude. It cuts down on mental errors. It produces results.

Generically, the offensive line has to do better. I'm a bit concerned because we have Scott "Teeny" Wells going up against Shaun "Pile O' Flesh" Rogers in the middle.

Defensively, it's time for the players to progress more and more toward playing and reacting without having to think. This means you, Kampman, and you, Hawk.

Take it seriously. Each play. The result will then be satisfying.

packerbacker1234
10-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Ahman wont see the field in this game unless Grant goes down with injury. I am sure he could still do a few plays here and there, but I think, as he said in his small interviews, that his goal is to geared up and good to go for the big showdown with Minnesota next week. Tauch... don't know. I doubt he surplanted Barbre for the starting job, but I pray by Minnesota he does. He has to be better, one would think.

I would love seeing power runs return, we just wont see it this game.

Grant has a 100 yard day, we complete like 4 deep balls, and some how can't punch it in again. We'll win 24 - 10.

bobblehead
10-24-2009, 11:26 AM
What you said Fritz. They have to play like their lives depend on it.

Michael Jordan wasn't the most talented guy in the NBA (and I won't get into officiating), but its undeniable he wanted to win and played harder than anyone I have ever seen. He wanted to win more than he wanted friends or to be looked at as a nice guy (he wasn't).

I've said it before and I will again. I'd like to see more competitive practices. I want Jenkins going at Lang with his best stuff for at least 20 plays during the week.

In the game when a guy gets beat I want him to do everything he can to recover and redeem during THAT PLAY!

One thing I noted in the Quinn Johnson thread....according to the author on that other site Lang ran 10 yards downfield and leveled a guy on Grants 22 yard run...coincidence??

Some guys play that way every play, others don't. This is the NFL and I want the Kampman and Harris effort out of every guy on every play. I want Jared Allen intensity. Can't stand the guy, but he plays all out every play. That is my key to winning.

packerbacker1234
10-24-2009, 11:41 AM

Michael Jordan wasn't the most talented guy in the NBA (and I won't get into officiating), but its undeniable he wanted to win and played harder than anyone I have ever seen. He wanted to win more than he wanted friends or to be looked at as a nice guy (he wasn't).

I've said it before and I will again. I'd like to see more competitive practices. I want Jenkins going at Lang with his best stuff for at least 20 plays during the week.

In the game when a guy gets beat I want him to do everything he can to recover and redeem during THAT PLAY!

One thing I noted in the Quinn Johnson thread....according to the author on that other site Lang ran 10 yards downfield and leveled a guy on Grants 22 yard run...coincidence??

Some guys play that way every play, others don't. This is the NFL and I want the Kampman and Harris effort out of every guy on every play. I want Jared Allen intensity. Can't stand the guy, but he plays all out every play. That is my key to winning.

Exactly. In the same breath, I want to end this the whole not practicing in cold/bad weather when you know, that week, you are going to play in it. I mean, what is that? Yeah, some of the players we have, the vets, may still show up, but all the young guys?

I saw the college experience with JJ and he mentioned how he likes and feels fortunate they practice in doors when it's cold out. That's the attitude this coaching staff has given the young guys on the roster. You practice how you play, and practicing indoors when your playing outdoors is stupid. YOu are not preparing to play at the metrodome, your preparing to play at Soldier Field, at Lambeau. It's going to be cold, so get the players use to it during practice.

Otherwise, why practice at all? You need to practice in game conditions. Get the kicker out there kicking in hte cold, get those wr's hands cold, get the line freezing their asses off, defense on there heals.

I mean, you risk injury yes, and things may look sloppier, but I mean wtf. You're going to play in it, so stop treating it like you're afraid. That is what it seems to me as a fan.

The intensity in this team has taken a severe dip, and I don't know why. Maybe #4 was just that commanding of people's best on offense. Maybe it;s the coach's fault (most likely case), or maybe AR just doesn't make people want to hustle on every play. I don't know what it is, but it's getting old.

Bretsky
10-24-2009, 11:50 AM
What will it take to win ? You're kidding, right ?

If we lose to the Cleveland Browns it will be the mother of all F'ck ups

They are terrible; a borderline JV roster with many players ill. No way should this game be single digits. If we play average this is a 10-14 point game.

If we don't play near our worst game, we will win

Perhaps we should ask.....what will it take to lose to the Brownies ? :lol:

MJZiggy
10-24-2009, 11:52 AM
What will it take to win ? You're kidding, right ?

If we lose to the Cleveland Browns it will be the mother of all F'ck ups

They are terrible; a borderline JV roster with many players ill. No way should this game be single digits. If we play average this is a 10-14 point game.

If we don't play near our worst game, we will win

Perhaps we should ask.....what will it take to lose to the Brownies ? :lol:

I don't care how you put it; I just know this time last year I had a hard time keeping up with all the chatter and this week it's like we all forgot about football or something--and there's been big news! Welcoming heroes home!

Bretsky
10-24-2009, 12:15 PM
OK, what it takes to win

We have to do better than -2 in the turnover game
We can not give up over a combination of one TD between Cleveland's defense and special teams

Cleveland's passing offense is terrible; Dom should be able to bring the heat and Woodsen and Al should be able to cover their WR's very well now that their best one is gone.

Cleveland's RB's are weak. Jamal Lewis is like Ryan Grant but maybe a bit better. He can try to run through you but he won't make anybody miss. They don't know who to start at QB because they are both subpar, and they really don't have a threat for the big play.

So on defense, just be assignment sure and we'll be fine

bobblehead
10-24-2009, 12:18 PM

Exactly. In the same breath, I want to end this the whole not practicing in cold/bad weather when you know, that week, you are going to play in it. I mean, what is that? Yeah, some of the players we have, the vets, may still show up, but all the young guys?

I saw the college experience with JJ and he mentioned how he likes and feels fortunate they practice in doors when it's cold out. That's the attitude this coaching staff has given the young guys on the roster. You practice how you play, and practicing indoors when your playing outdoors is stupid. YOu are not preparing to play at the metrodome, your preparing to play at Soldier Field, at Lambeau. It's going to be cold, so get the players use to it during practice.

Otherwise, why practice at all? You need to practice in game conditions. Get the kicker out there kicking in hte cold, get those wr's hands cold, get the line freezing their asses off, defense on there heals.

I mean, you risk injury yes, and things may look sloppier, but I mean wtf. You're going to play in it, so stop treating it like you're afraid. That is what it seems to me as a fan.

The intensity in this team has taken a severe dip, and I don't know why. Maybe #4 was just that commanding of people's best on offense. Maybe it;s the coach's fault (most likely case), or maybe AR just doesn't make people want to hustle on every play. I don't know what it is, but it's getting old.

Its a reflection of the coach. I like MM in most ways, but intense coaches demand intense players. His one weakness is that he is a politician. He doesn't criticize his players in the media, I like the way he goes about most things. But at practice and on gameday he has to "flip the switch" himself and his players will follow.

Bretsky
10-24-2009, 12:20 PM
On offense, don't make mistakes

Our Passing game shoudl thrive against the Brownies. Don't let Shawn Rodgers dominate the line of scrimmage; we've had problems with him in the past. Even our running game might be decent

sheepshead
10-24-2009, 12:47 PM
If MM can stop the bleeding with the yellow flags, tomorrow should be a walk in the park.

Pugger
10-24-2009, 03:08 PM
As long as we don't turn the ball over or screw up in other ways we'll win this game. Cleveland just doesn't have the horses to keep up with us, just like the situation in Detroit. It will be interesting to see how Lang holds up starting. I'm glad he is this week. Another week for Cliffy to heal will do wonders. Anybody know why Wells is starting instead of Spitz? I doubt Green will play very much if at all unless something happens to Grant.

Sparkey
10-24-2009, 04:04 PM
More points than the other team as time expires! 8-)

mmmdk
10-24-2009, 04:06 PM

I bet you had to google to figure that out :wink:

MJZiggy
10-24-2009, 04:14 PM

Ding, ding, ding! And we have a winner!