Pages : 1 [2]

Badgerinmaine
10-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Flynn in the game.
Good to see.

gbgary
10-25-2009, 02:49 PM
too bad; never a fan of the refs having that great of a say in the end result

Minnesota will no doubt get a "we fucked up" letter from the NFL on that tripping call.

Went from 17-13 Vikings to 20-10 Steelers within one minute

the vikes have been charmed this season. it's about time they see a little bad luck.

and i hear they just ran the kick back for a td. charmed!!

Rastak
Harvin takes it 88 yards.

PackerTimer
WOW. Then Harvin returns a kick for a TD. Good game going on in Pitt.

Badgerinmaine
too bad; never a fan of the refs having that great of a say in the end result

Minnesota will no doubt get a "we fucked up" letter from the NFL on that tripping call.

Went from 17-13 Vikings to 20-10 Steelers within one minute

True dat, but that's why I try as best I can to not bitch about calls because all year you get 'em and you lose 'em.
QFT.

Fosco33
Our punt and kick return hasn't done jack today... Nelson and Blackmon out will continue to hurt starting field position - big time. Against better squads, those hidden 50 yards will suck.

Brandon494
WOW Percy Harvin, the Vikings have the biggest horse shoe up their ass.

Bretsky
Fumble by Vikes, game over....

Touchdown by Percy Harvin; game back on

Zool
KO returned for a TD by the Vikes.

Brandon494
10-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Ref goes down hard on that play, was just reading how they NFL might make the Refs wear Helmets next season

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4593230

Fosco33
Harvin takes it 88 yards.

Man, that helps.

Saw the replay with Favre fumble - poor attempt by him with the tackle...

Badgerinmaine
the Vikings have the biggest horse shoe up their ass.
Say what? :?

Fosco33
10-25-2009, 02:51 PM
So, 0 punts. Then 1st possession with Flynn.

Punt.

Could we have at least ran the ball 3 times?

red
10-25-2009, 02:52 PM
well, pack did what they had to do

now, lets go steelers

gbgary
10-25-2009, 02:53 PM
sf fighting back...21-24 houston

Brandon494
10-25-2009, 02:54 PM

They 49ers game and then last week with the missed FG. Then when it seems like the game is over they get a KO return for a TD, a lot of things going their way so far this season.

Fred's Slacks
10-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Jenkins school'n Thomas!

Badgerinmaine
10-25-2009, 02:55 PM

They 49ers game and then last week with the missed FG. Then when it seems like the game is over they get a KO return for a TD, a lot of things going their way so far this season.
And here I would have thought having a horseshoe up the ass would be a rather unpleasant thing...

Brandon494
10-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Wow, Vikings almost got lucky again. Thank god ball bounced out of bounds.

pbmax
10-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Alex Smith started the second half I heard.

gbgary
10-25-2009, 03:00 PM

i think he's throw for three tds.

pbmax
10-25-2009, 03:01 PM
What happened to Pittsburgh O? Thought even the Steelers might be able to run on the Vikes.

Badgerinmaine
10-25-2009, 03:02 PM
He has had a hell of a second half--three TDs, 13 for 16, no picks. They're down 3, on their own 14, less than two minutes to go.

imscott72
10-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Is Farve going to win it again?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Viking updates one thing. This is game day thread. Whole thread devoted to BF and the vikes.

Brandon494
10-25-2009, 03:04 PM
He has had a hell of a second half--three TDs, 13 for 16, no picks. They're down 3, on their own 14, less than two minutes to go.

All three TDs have gone to Vernon Davis. :roll:

Of course the one game Hawk plays good in Davis just shits on the Texans.

gbgary
10-25-2009, 03:04 PM

houstons playing right into sf's hands with the prevent d. 50 seconds left and they're nearing houston territory

imscott72
10-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Wow AP just killed a Steeler..

Brandon494
10-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Viking updates one thing. This is game day thread. Whole thread devoted to BF and the vikes.

The score is 31-3, the game is over son.

Brandon494
GAME OVER, INT BY THE OLD MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

gbgary
Packers took care of business and won one they were expected to.

pittsburg gets a td.

imscott72
Farve picked!!!!! TOUCHDOWN STEELERS

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 03:07 PM

Game wasn't over 2 pages before...and this is a gameday thread. You wanna discuss the SF game, the vikes game, etc...go to the other thread. That is what it is for. Is that hard?

Bretsky

Today things have not went their way; the refs had one phantom holding call and then a terrible tripping penalty that negated two big receptions by Rice. Today they got boned out of Hard to say that when they got boned out of a TD before INT and they set the tone for the rest of the game

pbmax
Well, that one was not his fault. But it makes the division closer.

PackerTimer
Steelers return a pick for a TD!!!!!

imscott72

Game wasn't over 2 pages before...and this is a gameday thread. You wanna discuss the SF game, the vikes game, etc...go to the other thread. That is what it is for. Is that hard?

STFU..Game is way over..Get over it.. :roll:

Bretsky
10-25-2009, 03:08 PM
The Division is wide open again

gbgary
Favre picked!!!!! TOUCHDOWN STEELERS

deflection is picked. woo hoo. got a game back.

pbmax
I take it back. Bad throw.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 03:09 PM

3 pages before it wasn't. Noted, updates are one thiing...discussion is another. Is it hard for you to post and discuss in the appropriate thead?

Packerarcher

You the king of off topic and fucked up topics are bitching about what others post. Shut the fuck up.

Rastak
Vikes played this one tough. Steelers win but I'm fine with the effort. Awesome fiht by the Vikes.

Bretsky
I take it back. Bad throw.

Cant' believe you take out All Day P there

gbgary
10-25-2009, 03:10 PM

i don't think so. the vikes are the best team by a good margin. Pack might get a wild card though.

imscott72

3 pages before it wasn't. Noted, updates are one thiing...discussion is another. Is it hard for you to post and discuss in the appropriate thead?

is it too hard for you not to cry and whine about everything? This thread is where most of us are hanging out. Sorry is we're not posting by Ty's rules.. boohoo..

imscott72

i don't think so. the vikes are the best team by a good margin. Pack might get a wild card though.

I think it goes without saying that next week is a must win..

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 03:11 PM

You the king of off topic and fucked up topics are bitching about what others post. Shut the fuck up.

Are they separate thread? yes.

This is suppose to be a thread about the game. Guess that is hard for you to understand.

Discussing vikings and SF isn't a game day thread. Updates are one thing.

The Shadow
10-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Favre picked!!!!! TOUCHDOWN STEELERS

Approaching usual late-season form early.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 03:12 PM

is it too hard for you not to cry and whine about everything? This thread is where most of us are hanging out. Sorry is we're not posting by Ty's rules.. boohoo..

Who is crying? Doesn't matter where you are hanging out. It is a simple standard, but apparently it is to hard for you to follow.

imscott72
10-25-2009, 03:13 PM

Who is crying? Doesn't matter where you are hanging out. It is a simple standard, but apparently it is to hard for you to follow.

Anybody know where to find that ignore button?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 03:14 PM

It woulda been used on you a long time ago.

Brandon494
10-25-2009, 03:14 PM

This is suppose to be a thread about the game. Guess that is hard for you to understand.

Go whine to your momma :cry:

For some of us they switched the off the Packers game to the Vikings game. If it was a close game then yea I can understand but this game has been over since the 1st half.

gbgary
10-25-2009, 03:15 PM

I think it goes without saying that next week is a must win..

yes. we need a quality win and a win next week would be that.

Packerarcher
10-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Can't we all just vote Ty off the board?

Fosco33
10-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Vikes played this one tough. Steelers win but I'm fine with the effort. Awesome fiht by the Vikes.

those 2 4th Q defensive scores are killers.

Can we wait until tomorrow to start debating next week's game :P

PackerTimer
10-25-2009, 03:17 PM

Why?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 03:18 PM

Go whine to your momma :cry:

For some of us they switched the off the Packers game to the Vikings game. If it was a close game then yea I can understand but this game has been over since the 1st half.

then move to the other thread. That is what it is for. Is that hard.

That is at least reasonable, certain poster didn't make one post here..till a post to discuss Favre. Is it unreasonable to have a thread about the pack to not discuss Favre? Do we have to be subjected to Favre discussions in a pack game?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 03:19 PM

Oooh, poor baby. Can't handle it.

gbgary
10-25-2009, 03:20 PM
there's no harm mentioning other games in this thread...especially when the game turns boring, or shit, or there's a commercial, or when it's one of our rivals. geesh!!

Rastak
10-25-2009, 03:20 PM

Sorry but I would have used it on you as you are the absolute least interesting poster on this site. In fact if I had an ignore everything you say button I'd activate it immediately.

imscott72
10-25-2009, 03:21 PM

those 2 4th Q defensive scores are killers.

Can we wait until tomorrow to start debating next week's game :P

It's sure going to be an interesting week..

Rastak
10-25-2009, 03:21 PM

I would. He adds nothing. Internet asshole comes to mind.

Brandon494
10-25-2009, 03:22 PM

That is at least reasonable, certain poster didn't make one post here..till a post to discuss Favre. Is it unreasonable to have a thread about the pack to not discuss Favre? Do we have to be subjected to Favre discussions in a pack game?

Like I said the game had been over since the 1st half and most of us were in this thread. Your the only one complaining about nothing really. They Vikings are a division rival who we play next we so whats the big damn deal?

imscott72
10-25-2009, 03:23 PM

Sorry but I would have used it on you as you are the absolute least interesting poster on this site. In fact if I had an ignore everything you say button I'd activate it immediately.

Couldn't of said it better myself Ras..

jmbarnes101
10-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Back to Pack:

The Good:
Ryan Grant with almost 150 yards and 1 TD
Offensive line opened up holes and allowed 0 sacks
Defense limited Browns to 3 points and 139 total yards of offense
Aaron Rodgers was extremely sharp
Havner picked up the slack when Finley went out
Won TO margin 2-0
Kampman had a sack
A.J. Hawk had 8 tackles including a big one for -2 yards on the goal line
Brandon Jackson and T.J. Lang got valuable time today
Won a game against a bad team the way you're supposed to

The Bad:
8 penalties for 70 yards - needs to get cleaned up

The Ugly:
Derek Anderson - can't believe he was actually a Pro Bowl QB at one point
Mason Crosby's two OOB kickoffs

imscott72
10-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Back to Pack:

The Good:
Won TO margin 2-0
Kampman had a sack

The Bad:

The Ugly:

All good points JM. Penalties are still a concern and if we don't get that cleaned up it will hurt next week in a critical game.

Badgerinmaine
10-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks, JMB. I was beginning to wonder if I had dreamed that the Packers had won. Come on, folks...every Packer fan on this board should be ecstatic now. (Sorry, Ras.) The bickering is going nowhere.

PackerTimer
10-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Back to Pack:

The Good:
Won TO margin 2-0
Kampman had a sack

The Bad:

The Ugly:

Pretty good list there.

I think of all the 8 penalties only 1 was on the offensive line. So we really never got into too man holes. It was nice to have some 2nd and fives rather than 2nd and fifteens or twenties.

Good win. HUGE game next weekend. Can't wait.

Badgerinmaine
10-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Anderson is pretty bad, but it's not as though he has an all-star supporting cast of receivers to throw to now. I'm not sure Brady Quinn would have fared much better.

Fosco33
My wishlist:

Rodgers gets sacked less than 3 times
Packers have less than 10 penalties
Packers continue to win turnover battle (+2)
Browns score 14 or less; Pack scores 24 or more

Check

Check

Check

Check

8-)

Rastak

Like I said the game had been over since the 1st half and most of us were in this thread. Your the only one complaining about nothing really. They Vikings are a division rival who we play next we so whats the big damn deal?

Seems to me a divisional game is in play for sure....

Brandon494
Back to Pack:

The Good:
Won TO margin 2-0
Kampman had a sack

The Bad:

The Ugly:

The biggest positive was the O-line play, missing two starters and still allowed 0 sacks.

Derek Anderon is a joke, no way he should be starting over Quinn. Anderson has only had over 100 yards passing 2 times out of his 5 starts this season.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 03:29 PM
there's no harm mentioning other games in this thread...especially when the game turns boring, or shit, or there's a commercial, or when it's one of our rivals. geesh!!

And, i stated that. Updates are one thing, discussion is another thing.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 03:30 PM

Says the Vikings fan in the Green bay forum. LOL

You can't even stop posting vikes scores in a GB game day thread.

mission
10-25-2009, 03:30 PM

And what the hell do you add?

This is a Packer website and in the 2+ years I've been reading your posts, none of them have added to my Packer fan experience.

When you gonna figure this out? Dude has thousands of posts on a site for a team he's not even a fan of. I can't even imagine having that much spare time on my hands.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 03:32 PM

I stated, updates are one thing. Discussion is another. There is still plenty to discuss about this game..things done well, things not done well.

Either way, their is another thread for alternate games. And, as stated, can we have a game day thread that doesn't discuss Favre? Is that too much to ask for...in the GAME DAY thread.

mission
10-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Shit I didnt even know you were closing in on 11,000 posts...

Are you kidding? 11,000 posts of basically nothing ... I can't even think of a positive contribution you've made here... 11,000 posts... think about that.

Can you post a picture of yourself? I'm curious ...

imscott72

This is a Packer website and in the 2+ years I've been reading your posts, none of them have added to my Packer fan experience.

When you gonna figure this out? Dude has thousands of posts on a site for a team he's not even a fan of. I can't even imagine having that much spare time on my hands.

If you can't see Ras adds more to a football discussion than Ty does, then you're blind..All Ty does is bitch and criticize other posters..His act gets old in a hurry..

Tyrone Bigguns

Leave then. You are a vikings fan. Why not hang with your peeps.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 03:34 PM

If you can't see Ras adds more to a football discussion than Ty does, then you're blind..All Ty does is bitch and criticize other posters..His act gets old in a hurry..

:roll:

mission
10-25-2009, 03:35 PM

I'd much rather read anything from a Packer fan than act buddy with a "rasta" Vikings fan who doesn't even know what Rasta is all about ...

11,000 posts... Ty has contributed way more than Ras ever has. Sure Ty gets into some shit at times but at least he's a Packers fan.

red
10-25-2009, 03:39 PM
back off ras, he's one of the few left on here that doesn't resort to dickishness most the time

he's one of my favorites on the board, which is saying a lot because i was brought up to despise queens fans. its the few left like him that are the only reasons i continue to come here

gbgary
10-25-2009, 03:45 PM
back off ras, he's one of the few left on here that doesn't resort to dickishness most the time

he's one of my favorites on the board, which is saying a lot because i was brought up to despise queens fans. its the few left like him that are the only reasons i continue to come here

this!

esoxx
10-25-2009, 03:47 PM
god I hope Finley is okay. That would be a major blow. Anyone hear any updates on him?

Rastak
10-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Shit I didnt even know you were closing in on 11,000 posts...

Are you kidding? 11,000 posts of basically nothing ... I can't even think of a positive contribution you've made here... 11,000 posts... think about that.

Can you post a picture of yourself? I'm curious ...

Dude, are you kidding? I'd look like some old rocker like yourself and there are enough posters here who have met me in person to give you an accurate description. Perhaps you do not look like an old rocker......actually who cares.

My contributions are not being a fucking prick all the time....most of my posts are during the draft or during games.

I look forward to one of your insightful posts during one of these events.

red
10-25-2009, 03:48 PM
god I hope Finley is okay. That would be a major blow. Anyone hear any updates on him?

haven't heard anything, but it didn't look good

Scott Campbell
10-25-2009, 03:49 PM
I don't want Ras to leave. He's a good guy.

However, I would very much like to enjoy this glorious Sunday at his expense. :lol:

Rastak
10-25-2009, 03:50 PM

Really? Wow.

Edit: I think I misread your post, sorry red.

Bretsky
10-25-2009, 03:51 PM

well this is complete horseshit; ever participated in the thread of the day of the NFL draft. Ever seen all the mathup threads he has started.

Rastak has contributed far more to the football forum than most here

Packerarcher
10-25-2009, 03:54 PM
No shit,i'm tryin to figure out your hard on for Ras. He has a lot more intelligent football posts than Ty.

esoxx

That might be a good sign. If he tore a ligament they would know by now (remember Robert Brooks inj, I remember they announced he was gone for season right after the game). Drawer Test would determine such on a knee ligament.

gbgary

well this is complete horseshit; ever participated in the thread of the day of the NFL draft. Ever seen all the mathup threads he has started.

Rastak has contributed far more to the football forum than most here

more than me that's for sure. lol

Gunakor
10-25-2009, 03:55 PM

That might be a good sign. If he tore a ligament they would know by now (remember Robert Brooks inj, I remember they announced he was gone for season right after the game). Drawer Test would determine such on a knee ligament.

I wouldn't count on him playing next week, but if it was a season ender you're right we probably would have heard something about it by now.

Zool
10-25-2009, 03:56 PM
I'd like you all to scan back and see who started this BS.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 03:57 PM
No shit,i'm tryin to figure out your hard on for Ras. He has a lot more intelligent football posts than Ty.

As if you have the brains to determine what is intelligent.

Scott Campbell
10-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Nice win. I wish we could have escaped healthier, but were 4-2!!!

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 04:03 PM

Depends on how you define start. All i posted was that updates were fine, discussion of other games wasn't cool in a game day thread. Funny, last week iron mike did exactly the same thing.

:oops:

Bretsky
10-25-2009, 04:04 PM
After the preseason, I wonder how many of us would have taken 4-2 after six games ? We looked so solid then.

I honestly kind of expected to be 5-1 now; we really had a soft schedule at the beginning. Cincy is better than any of us thought they would be....ditto...probably...for Minnesota.

If we want to win the division next week is a key win

gbgary
10-25-2009, 04:05 PM

Depends on how you define start. All i posted was that updates were fine, discussion of other games wasn't cool in a game day thread. Funny, last week iron mike did exactly the same thing.

he didn't even like updates...he was ignored.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 04:06 PM
considering that Ty had the pack at 9-10 wins, i would be very happy at 4-2. As posted, the season is 4 quarters. Right now we are 2-0 in the second quarter. If we wind up 5-3 thru the 2nd, we are right on pace for 10 wins....and looking good for the playoffs.

Zool
10-25-2009, 04:07 PM

Guilty conscience is a bitch huh? I never said it was you nor implied it was you. I was wondering who would be the first to reply. Social experiment over.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 04:08 PM

he didn't even like updates...he was ignored.

And, i agree with him. But, if you noticed i said updates were fine. But, 2.5 pages of minny discussion and SF discussion, not cool. I can understand minny and favre...hate it, but understand. But, SF isn't playing anybody in the NFC north.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 04:09 PM

Guilty conscience is a bitch huh? I never said it was you nor implied it was you. I was wondering who would be the first to reply. Social experiment over.

No, not guilty at all. Merely pointing out that it depends on how you define start. I am guilty of saying that discussion of other games isn't cool. I am not guilty of the rest.

Social experiment proves only one person here is man enough to step forward.

gbgary
10-25-2009, 04:10 PM
After the preseason, I wonder how many of us would have taken 4-2 after six games ? We looked so solid then.

I honestly kind of expected to be 5-1 now; we really had a soft schedule at the beginning. Cincy is better than any of us thought they would be....ditto...probably...for Minnesota.

right. i don't think we've won one we didn't deserve to win. there's certainly room for improvement.

jmbarnes101
10-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Should've added Finley's injury to my list and put it on The Bad.

imscott72
10-25-2009, 04:25 PM

You're an idiot. Why the mods let you stick around here is beyond me.

imscott72
10-25-2009, 04:28 PM

right. i don't think we've won one we didn't deserve to win. there's certainly room for improvement.

Lots of room for improvement for sure. Penalties are the first thing that sticks our for me. Pass pro next week against Allen and Co. obviously is going to be huge, especially if we don't have to bottle up our TE's for blocking. Having Tausch and Green available would be a bonus.

Rastak
10-25-2009, 04:41 PM

No, not guilty at all. Merely pointing out that it depends on how you define start. I am guilty of saying that discussion of other games isn't cool. I am not guilty of the rest.

It proves no matter what you will add your two cents....period, and over and over.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 04:44 PM

Says the guy who doesn't post in the game day thread all game, but only to ask, will favre do it again.

Yeah, i'm the idiot.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 04:46 PM

It proves no matter what you will add your two cents....period, and over and over.

You mean like yourself. Nobody had addressed you. Nobody had attacked a post of yours. But, like the self righteous prick that you are, you felt compelled to join in and attack me.

Rastak
10-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Easy target I must admit.

Sort of a common enemy.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 05:00 PM

Sort of a common enemy.

The fact that you view it that way says more about you than anything else.

Practice what you preach, until you live up to your standards, you are nothing more than a self righteous hypocritical prick.

P.S. You are a troll on this board. Friendly or not, a troll. I'm a packer fan, you are not.

Badgerinmaine
10-25-2009, 05:01 PM
A few notes:
1. There was no thread for the other games until the late games came on. Some Sundays, there is, but I saw none this week.
2. There was the Favre thread for discussing the Vikings, but it was a ghost town. I was about the only person there that I saw for most of today.
3. The San Francisco game concerns a potential wild card opponent for the Packers, and was a fascinating comeback story. No need to apologize for posting about it. I think of the game day thread as a conversation between football fan friends. if I am watching the Packers with a friend, I will certainly talk with him about other games going on.
4. It is always valuable to get an outsider's perspective. I find Rastak one of the most valuable posters on this site; he's smart, gracious and adds lots of useful information, and isn't here primarily to woof and troll (like some of the fans of, ahem, another divisional opponent I could name :-) ) . I hope he's here for years to come. Sports could do with a lot more of this sort of friendly rivalry, with an emphasis on friendly. I've said it a dozen times here: I have far more in common with someone who roots for my rival than someone who doesn't care. If you think about it, I think we all do.
5. I have also seen many posts by Ty over the years with solid analytical and informational value. I think it's very unfair to say he's only had 11K posts about nothing, even if he is sometimes too quick on the draw to criticize other people.
6. Dammit, the Pack won in a blowout. It's happy time, not time to be ragging on each other!

Rastak
10-25-2009, 05:02 PM

Sort of a common enemy.

Practice what you preach, until you live up to your standards, you are nothing more than a self righteous hypocritical prick.

P.S. You are a troll on this board. Friendly or not, a troll. I'm a packer fan, you are not.

Have a nice day.

As Frank Zappa said...."you are what you is, you ain't what you're not"

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 05:06 PM

Sort of a common enemy.

Have a nice day.

As Frank Zappa said...."you are what you is, you ain't what you're not"

And a great night to you as well.

I expected as much, since you were blatantly exposed.

In the words of Wilco:

You're tied in a knot
But I'm not gonna get caught
Calling a pot kettle black

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 05:14 PM
A few notes:
1. There was no thread for the other games until the late games came on. Some Sundays, there is, but I saw none this week.
2. There was the Favre thread for discussing the Vikings, but it was a ghost town. I was about the only person there that I saw for most of today.
3. The San Francisco game concerns a potential wild card opponent for the Packers, and was a fascinating comeback story. No need to apologize for posting about it. I think of the game day thread as a conversation between football fan friends. if I am watching the Packers with a friend, I will certainly talk with him about other games going on.
4. It is always valuable to get an outsider's perspective. I find Rastak one of the most valuable posters on this site; he's smart, gracious and adds lots of useful information, and isn't here primarily to woof and troll (like some of the fans of, ahem, another divisional opponent I could name :-) ) . I hope he's here for years to come. Sports could do with a lot more of this sort of friendly rivalry, with an emphasis on friendly. I've said it a dozen times here: I have far more in common with someone who roots for my rival than someone who doesn't care. If you think about it, I think we all do.
5. I have also seen many posts by Ty over the years with solid analytical and informational value. I think it's very unfair to say he's only had 11K posts about nothing, even if he is sometimes too quick on the draw to criticize other people.
6. Dammit, the Pack won in a blowout. It's happy time, not time to be ragging on each other!

1. Agreed, but nothing preventing anybody from starting one. And, previously other games have been in the Favre/vikings thread.
2. I saw that. Still, no reason to pollute the GB/Browns game with Favre talk. As noted several times, is it possible to have one thread that doesn't include Favre talk...especially when their is a whole 150 page thread devoted to him? You make it out like that is a bad thing. A packer forum without talking about Favre? Horrors! It is like someone who has battled back from an illness. At some point they have to move forward and forget about the past, and they don't wanna answer questions about how they are feeling..because it only dredges up the past. My analogy may be off, but i think you get what i'm saying.
3. Way early to be talking about wildcard and opponents. The simple fact is that the thread has been established as a game day thread to talk about the game. Ty was chastised by the mod about extraneous conversations. Noting a score is one thing...3 pages of vikes and san fran discussion pollutes the thread. You shouldn't have to go thru three pages to find a post on the game.
4. Ty never suggested that Ras wasn't a valuable poster. Let that be on the record.
5. Thank you. Only the ridiculous, ignorant, or morons would suggest otherwise.
6. Agreed.

imscott72
10-25-2009, 05:15 PM

Says the guy who doesn't post in the game day thread all game, but only to ask, will favre do it again.

Yeah, i'm the idiot.

Not that I have to justify myself to someone like you, but I was outside working on things and I came in right at the time Favre was working on another game winning drive. If you'd open your eyes, you'd also notice I posted several Packer related things right after. Get over yourself. You don't own the board so stop acting like a playground bully. You must just be a real joy to be around at home.. :roll:

mission
10-25-2009, 05:16 PM
I came in right at the time Favre was working on another game winning drive.

I must have missed that. :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 05:18 PM

Yeah, i'm the idiot.

Not that I have to justify myself to someone like you, but I was outside working on things and I came in right at the time Favre was working on another game winning drive. If you'd open your eyes, you'd also notice I posted several Packer related things right after. Get over yourself. You don't own the board so stop acting like a playground bully. You must just be a real joy to be around at home.. :roll:

So, post them in the FAVRE THREAD. That is what it is there for. You made a choice to bring Favre into a GB/Browns thread? Why? Can we not enjoy a game and game thread without Bert's presence?

And, while you are at it, you might wanna check with your brain, since it appears to be lying to you. You posted NOTHING ABOUT THE PACK. First, it was Favre, then it was AP, then it was about the Pick. Not a single post about the pack in a GB GAMEDAY THREAD.

Bully: you mean like the guy calling others names?

imscott72
10-25-2009, 05:18 PM

lol, yea well lucky for us it was a game losing drive, but you know what I meant.. :wink:

pbmax
10-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Everyone should go do something else before posting angrily again here.

Ras, Viking fan or no, has proven to be a good guy, an anti-troll and well versed in NFC North football

Ty is one of the funniest posters we have, as well as having one of the best bulls**t detectors on the board.

Both contribute, I want both around. The rest of you I'm not as sure (edit: I'll keep Bretsky too!). :lol:

Ty was right, we usually have other Game discussion in another thread. BadgerinMaine is right that the thread has disappeared from the front page.

It might have behooved Ty (or anyone else) to find OR recreate the thread for other games. No one minds score postings in the Game Day thread, but some people who cannot watch the game (or only on a web feed or radio) need that thread to follow along later. Its nice to keep it simple.

There is nothing wrong with admitting we do something wrong. Its just asinine not to fix it and sit here and piss and moan about it.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 05:22 PM

Subconscious reveals itself in all the Bert lovers.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Everyone should go do something else before posting angrily again here.

Ras, Viking fan or no, has proven to be a good guy, an anti-troll and well versed in NFC North football

Ty is one of the funniest posters we have, as well as having one of the best bulls**t detectors on the board.

Both contribute, I want both around. The rest of you I'm not as sure (edit: I'll keep Bretsky too!). :lol:

Ty was right, we usually have other Game discussion in another thread. BadgerinMaine is right that the thread has disappeared from the front page.

It might have behooved Ty (or anyone else) to find OR recreate the thread for other games. No one minds score postings in the Game Day thread, but some people who cannot watch the game (or only on a web feed or radio) need that thread to follow along later. Its nice to keep it simple.

There is nothing wrong with admitting we do something wrong. Its just asinine not to fix it and sit here and piss and moan about it.

Thanx, PB.

I can always trust you to be fair and sane...even when you don't come down on my side.

Iron Mike
10-25-2009, 07:13 PM

And that'd be me. :wink:

Guiness
10-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Did Green or Tauscher dress today?

gbgary
10-25-2009, 07:18 PM

no

mmmdk
10-25-2009, 07:46 PM

no

Luckily they had street clothes on. :D

MJZiggy
10-25-2009, 09:15 PM

no

Depends on your perspective.

And enough with the Rat on Rat hate. Knock it off. We have an owner to figure all this crap out, but it's hard to defend criticizing other chatter in a gameday thread that only amounts to 14 pages by the end of the game.

mmmdk
10-25-2009, 09:30 PM

no

Depends on your perspective.

And enough with the Rat on Rat hate. Knock it off. We have an owner to figure all this crap out, but it's hard to defend criticizing other chatter in a gameday thread that only amounts to 14 pages by the end of the game.

Would you rather have them naked? :lol: I'm ok with Green & Tausch in green'n'gold but not excited.

HarveyWallbangers
10-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Some older, grumpy Packer fan at the bar was bitching the entire first half. At half he said that the Packers should be winning 50-0. Man, I hate sitting by people like that.

digitaldean
10-25-2009, 09:44 PM
Sounds like my mother in law. At their Packer party, she was whining and moaning when Crosby missed the 55 yarder. My sister in law whines, "how can that guy have a job?!"

I just had to sit their shake my head and laugh. I can't argue with such logic... :wink:

Bossman641
10-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Some older, grumpy Packer fan at the bar was bitching the entire first half. At half he said that the Packers should be winning 50-0. Man, I hate sitting by people like that.

You sat by Wist? :D

Partial
10-26-2009, 12:49 AM
OMG AJ HAWK MADE A TACKLE FOR A LOSS!!!! :shock:

AJ has had a terrific game today.

I wouldn't say terrific, but he wasn't a liability. It was his best game in two years definitely. They were running at him from my perspective and he didn't get completely blown up as expected. Then again, this was the incredibly ill browns. They're basically a jv team.

Some people were gone by half time. Most were gone after 3 quarters. It was truly ridiculous.

The stadium is way louder than Lambeau (from my experiences, which may or may not have been Milwaukee games). At least 2x as loud on third downs. I also like having my own chair, so this was nice.

Clay Matthews and Thomas were fighting all day. Matthews is going to be a very good player.

I'm pretty sure on most running plays it was JJ wide and nobody else. It's really obvious when they were going to run.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-26-2009, 04:02 AM

50-0. Wow. Retail must have been in a good mood.