PDA

View Full Version : Who's amped for next week's Vikes @ GB rematch?

MOBB DEEP
10-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Game of the century

Favre gets applause

Aaron plays well

Chilly sucks as usual

Favre sucks like he has for 2 decades

DD goes off

AD wrecks shop

Pack barely pull it out b/c of coachn

LET'S GOOOOOOO.........!!!!

imscott72
10-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Game of the century

Favre gets applause

Aaron plays well

Chilly sucks as usual

DD goes off

AD wrecks shop

And then you wake up from your dream..lol..I'd love to win this game as much as any other Packer fan, but it's going to be tough. The Vikings have a better OL and DL and a better RB, and are much more battle tested. (Pitt, Balt, SF). We've beaten the Lions, Browns, Rams, and Bears. Whoopie..We still look very undisciplined. Anything can happen, but on paper right now I'd have to predict a Viking win by at least 4. I'd love to be wrong.

Badgerinmaine
10-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Hated to do it, but I just don't trust the O-line against Minnesota enough to pick a Packer win, even at Lambeau. 27-20, Vikings.

Tony Oday
10-25-2009, 05:48 PM
But they have a shitty secondary so that could help us!

MOBB DEEP
10-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Game of the century

Favre gets applause

Aaron plays well

Chilly sucks as usual

DD goes off

AD wrecks shop

And then you wake up from your dream..lol..I'd love to win this game as much as any other Packer fan, but it's going to be tough. The Vikings have a better OL and DL and a better RB, and are much more battle tested. (Pitt, Balt, SF). We've beaten the Lions, Browns, Rams, and Bears. Whoopie..We still look very undisciplined. Anything can happen, but on paper right now I'd have to predict a Viking win by at least 4. I'd love to be wrong.

Im startn to believe that coachn means alot in the parity-laden NFL; and chilly is VERY suspect. I agree about the testing Vikes have had but this IS a div rivalry (e.g., Skins swept Eagles last year but who gives them a shot tomorow other than themselves?!)

imscott72
10-25-2009, 05:50 PM

If your QB is on his ass the whole game it doesn't matter if they have you or I back there..

Bossman641
10-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Pack keep the momentum rolling and win 27-21.

Tony Oday
10-25-2009, 05:56 PM

If your QB is on his ass the whole game it doesn't matter if they have you or I back there..

not even the Queens can get to AR on three step drops ALL the time ;) Quick hit slants and such should work wonders...oh some draws to JA side would be awesome to keep him at home!

Scott Campbell
10-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Favre gets applause......

.....for throwing his 4th pick of the game.

denverYooper
10-25-2009, 05:58 PM
27-14 PACKERS.

Home field. Our line will be better than last time and outdoor gives them a boost. + I like either Cliffy or Lang better than DC at LT. So, Allen will get pressure but won't be as huge a factor. He was a killer in game 1.

Winfield is probably out. Looks like Finley probably will be also. That's a push.

AD gets more yards. Favre plays worse at least 1 pick. Push.

We call more runs. I hope.

The difference will be Bigby. This game won't be 11 on 10 when Vikes are on offense this time.

imscott72
10-25-2009, 05:59 PM

not even the Queens can get to AR on three step drops ALL the time ;) Quick hit slants and such should work wonders...oh some draws to JA side would be awesome to keep him at home!

Yea I'm sure they know nothing about our quick slants.. :lol: I would like to see them get back to the screens. We had some success in the first half of the last game doing that. You know they're going to go blitz happy, so hopefully some screen passes will be in the package next week.

Tony Oday
10-25-2009, 06:01 PM

Yea I'm sure they know nothing about our quick slants.. :lol: I would like to see them get back to the screens. We had some success in the first half of the last game doing that. You know they're going to go blitz happy, so hopefully some screen passes will be in the package next week.

Everyone knows about them but we still hit on them all the time

pbmax
10-25-2009, 06:08 PM
If I am the Lambeau groundscrew, I start watering the field tonight!

Scott Campbell
10-25-2009, 06:22 PM
I think Ted should dump Favre's old locker in the visitors locker room.

mngolf19
10-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Game of the century

Favre gets applause

Aaron plays well

Chilly sucks as usual

DD goes off

AD wrecks shop

While I won't be a Chilly apologist, what exactly makes MM better?

gbgary
10-25-2009, 06:28 PM
not optimistic.

BallHawk
10-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Winfield is probably out. Looks like Finley probably will be also. That's a push.

I wouldn't say so. Winfield is a top pro-bowl CB while Finley is just a rookie that has been a decent receiver in the offense. Winfield is a much bigger loss for the Vikes than Finley is for us. We still have a great WR corps, as well as two serviceable TEs in Lee and Havner.

Scott Campbell
10-25-2009, 06:39 PM

I wouldn't say so. Winfield is a top pro-bowl CB while Finley is just a rookie that has been a decent receiver in the offense. Winfield is a much bigger loss for the Vikes than Finley is for us. We still have a great WR corps, as well as two serviceable TEs in Lee and Havner.

I'd definitely agree. He might be their best defender.

bobblehead
10-25-2009, 06:58 PM
for those that say the vikes are more battle tested we played Cincy and chicago who are having decent seasons. The vikes played the 3 teams you mention, but lost to the steelers, won on a missed kick, and won on a miracle pass. I don't discount that they won, but not like they were dominant.

The key to this game is our running game. If we call enough and have any success we win. The last game wasn't a complete talent on talent blowout, we did have 2 red zone turnover....no one wins that way. We were close in time of possession, had more yards I think, and gameplanned god awful.

Notice how awsome our pass rush looked in this game when we stopped honoring the run? Kamp put down the hand and pinned the ears back, Jenkins rushed well against Joe Thomas. Notice how cleveland had very little rush the more we ran and wore down the DL?

If MM calls at least 20-25 runs through 3 quarters we win. Either way its going to be a dogfight (and I hope Lang stays in the starting lineup).

mmmdk
10-25-2009, 07:58 PM

I'd definitely agree. He might be their best defender.

Is Finley hurt that badly ?

Bretsky
10-25-2009, 08:28 PM
I think Ted should dump Favre's old locker in the visitors locker room.

While we're at it can we dump Ted there as well and kidnap the Giants GM ? :lol:

mngolf19
10-25-2009, 08:34 PM
If MM calls at least 20-25 runs through 3 quarters we win. Either way its going to be a dogfight (and I hope Lang stays in the starting lineup).

If Nelson and Swain are both out, you may not have any other option.

Sparkey
10-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Game of the century

Favre gets applause

Aaron plays well

Chilly sucks as usual

DD goes off

AD wrecks shop

First place in the division is at stake. THAT is what is important in the game.

mmmdk
10-25-2009, 09:20 PM
It's a must win vs Vikings. Packers would be hard pressed to make it as a wild card if they lost to the Vikings.

Packers still has a very tough schedule with games at Chicago, at Pittsburgh, at Arizona plus Dallas, San Fran and Baltimore at Lambeau.

The Leaper
10-25-2009, 11:11 PM
It's a must win vs Vikings. Packers would be hard pressed to make it as a wild card if they lost to the Vikings.

I disagree.

If we lose twice to Minny, I think 10 wins would be very competitive as long as you beat both Dallas and SF.

MadtownPacker
10-26-2009, 12:29 AM
While I won't be a Chilly apologist, what exactly makes MM better?Nothing. They both suck. You can have MM if you want. Then TT can get Bill.

MadtownPacker
10-26-2009, 12:32 AM
Game of the century

Favre gets applause

Aaron plays well

Chilly sucks as usual

DD goes off

AD wrecks shop

LET'S GOOOOOOO.........!!!!Why dont Black folk know how to act right? Today I was at an intersection and heard a brotha on his cell at the corner store getting gas. Talking mega loud and walking around all crazy. Damn near walked all the way into the street.

MadtownPacker
10-26-2009, 12:38 AM

I disagree.

If we lose twice to Minny, I think 10 wins would be very competitive as long as you beat both Dallas and SF.You point is valid but for sure the div can be kissed away with a loss. THAT alone makes it must win IMO.

MOBB DEEP
10-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Game of the century

Favre gets applause

Aaron plays well

Chilly sucks as usual

DD goes off

AD wrecks shop

LET'S GOOOOOOO.........!!!! Talking mega loud and walking around all crazy.

Hilarious u fool! LOL...i can picture it and have done it!

Most latinos are meek and inconspicuous when in public; jus happy to get their check, beer from 7-11, and get home to make babies. Only the gangbangers have swag...

What I love about yal is when me and wifey hire one for home improvement/landscapn/house cleaning yal on time, take short breaks, and have pleasant disposition

My ppl on the other hand arrive late and put in less labor in a days time and entitled

Love yal! God bless immigration

What the heck's been up Mad?

ND72
10-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Going to the Badger game saturday, then the Packer game sunday....HOPEFULLY, it's one hell of an awesome weekend for me! I'm pumped.

FritzDontBlitz
10-26-2009, 08:47 PM
.....Pack barely pull it out b/c of coachn

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Scott Campbell
10-26-2009, 08:51 PM

With Winfield out we should have plenty of options.

ND72
10-26-2009, 09:44 PM
I might ask my students tomorrow to give me any ideas they have for the most dickheaded sign I could make towards favre on sunday....I thought of going naked, and making a sign that said "couldn't decide this morning..." but that probably wouldn't go over well.

mmmdk
10-26-2009, 09:58 PM

I disagree.

If we lose twice to Minny, I think 10 wins would be very competitive as long as you beat both Dallas and SF.You point is valid but for sure the div can be kissed away with a loss. THAT alone makes it must win IMO.

My point [actually] win vs Vikings keeps Packers in Div race too; a loss will make it tougher to catch a wild card birth. NFC has a lot of teams with a realistic vie for the 2 none Div wild card spots. The rest of NFC are a bunch of punching bags.

Another point being; 10 wins might not even cut it...btw 10 wins for Packers??? I'll take that - playoffs or not [my bid is 8-8 or 9-7].

:pack:

pbmax
10-26-2009, 10:06 PM
I might ask my students tomorrow to give me any ideas they have for the most dickheaded sign I could make towards favre on sunday....I thought of going naked, and making a sign that said "couldn't decide this morning..." but that probably wouldn't go over well.
The TV at the Green Bay Police station is Standard Def. Better not risk it. :lol:

At least that what friends have said!

MichiganPackerFan
10-27-2009, 08:30 AM
The TV at the Green Bay Police station is Standard Def. Better not risk it. :lol:

At least that what friends have said!

PB, I appreciate your ability to sift through the rubbish and focus on the important issues at hand.

channtheman
10-27-2009, 03:35 PM
I voted wrong, meant to pick Pack by 14+. This defense is going to prove last game was a fluke. We are going to pressure Favre into submission, or at least into some picks this time. This is the statement win that catapults us into the division lead (sorta) and defines our season. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch live as I am going to the Cardinals game. I just have to hope they don't show scores much and when they do that I can look down. MAN I AM PUMPED FOR THIS GAME!

Rastak
10-27-2009, 04:04 PM

The Steelers only managed 13 against them and none after early in the 3rd quarter (with no Winfield).

TennesseePackerBacker
10-27-2009, 04:27 PM

The Steelers only managed 13 against them and none after early in the 3rd quarter (with no Winfield).

The Steelers offense isn't exactly lighting it up this year against quality defenses. 13 points against the Titans D(1st week when full strength). 14 points against the Bears. 20 points against the Bengals. And 13 against the Queens. I understand they are 7th in total offense, but they are also 14th in total points and have had their share of pushovers.

Pack0514
10-28-2009, 08:18 AM
If I am the Lambeau groundscrew, I start watering the field tonight!

And if I'm the maintence crew, I start running cold air ducts to the Viking locker room and sideline. We know how Brent's old ass likes the cold.

Chevelle2
10-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Speaking of cold, is this good or bad?

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/7531/picture1cg.png

Deputy Nutz
10-28-2009, 09:24 AM

I don't think it is going to bother anyone in the game. Favre is bow hunting right now in this weather. If you have ever sat in a tree stand in weather that is 45 degrees and lower, you can probably handle running around a football field for 3 hours.

Now Al Harris on the other hand :?:

denverYooper
10-28-2009, 11:20 AM

That's football weather.

Extreme cold/wind chill is what really gets to people.

Chevelle2
10-28-2009, 11:35 AM

That's football weather.

Extreme cold/wind chill is what really gets to people.

Thats true, but Im hoping the rain/snow mix causes Favre some problems as it did in 2008 vs Miami late in the season. IIRC it wasn't that cold then, either.