PDA

View Full Version : Key Matchups For Sunday's Game?

MOBB DEEP
10-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Some are quite obvious to the casual fan, some not so much.

Im interested in a couple, namely Rice v Woodson and Chilly V fatboy

Wish I werent too lazy to create a Tale of the Tape grid

What key one's do you bamas see?

3irty1
10-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Lang vs. Allen

MOBB DEEP
10-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Lang vs. Allen

Allen didnt really play that well V. Pitt

mission
10-26-2009, 09:09 AM
He had at least a sack / forced fumble didn't he...?

LP
10-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Some are quite obvious to the casual fan, some not so much.

Im interested in a couple, namely Rice v Woodson and Chilly V fatboy

Wish I werent too lazy to create a Tale of the Tape grid

What key one's do you bamas see?

What exactly is the matchup between Childress and Pat Williams?

Rastak
10-26-2009, 12:54 PM

That was rookie corner Asher Allen. He was pretty much held in check but the Vikings still sacked big Ben 3 times and put alot of pressure on him.

bobblehead
10-26-2009, 01:03 PM

That was rookie corner Asher Allen. He was pretty much held in check but the Vikings still sacked big Ben 3 times and put alot of pressure on him.

big ben holds the ball too long.

I think running straight at allen early and letting Lang have a chance to get physical with him on his own terms will be a huge valuable matchup....If MM calls it that way.

If we go right into pass pro and Allen gets to decide the terms of the physicality we are in for a long day.

Tony Oday
10-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Two match us I see as the most important:

Pack O line vs. Vikes D Line...we win that battle and their defense has NO CHANCE to stop AR...Unless he loses his arm during practice and still he would roll them.

Pack NT against the Vikes Center and Guards...colapse the pocket so Favre can't step up and we win that battle and also that makes AP run east and west instead of down hill.

That is the game right there.

mngolf19
10-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Nothing changes from the first game. Pack has to keep throwing short patterns. Pack OL is not going to beat Vikes DL. Run when they can but short passing is everything and hope they can break some. On the other side, getting turnovers might be required.

packerbacker1234
10-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Trench Battle. Are we able to run the ball? Can we keep Allen off AR? On the other side: Can the vikings stay balanced? They have been getting away from it, and are only better if they stick to it. We can stop AP, and with Bigby back we may be good enough to give bret issues throwing.

We'll see how it goes, but we need to get in the endzone, that is for sure. Can't be letting 10 yard sacks end every drive.

Brandon494
10-26-2009, 07:21 PM
We need to continue to run the ball and blitz on defense. Favre had way too much time in the pocket last game and we gave up on the run way too early after Grant was looking good.

retailguy
10-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Lang vs. Allen

yup. this gets my vote too.

Scott Campbell
10-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Favre vs. karma,

pbmax
10-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Nothing changes from the first game. Pack has to keep throwing short patterns. Pack OL is not going to beat Vikes DL. Run when they can but short passing is everything and hope they can break some. On the other side, getting turnovers might be required.
Don't look backwards, something may be gaining on you.

Pack Run Game versus Vikes
Oct 5, 2009 ....17-82-0 @ MIN
Sept 8, 2008 ..27-139-1 LAMBEAU
Nov 9, 2008 ...18-74-1 @ MIN
Sept 30, 2007 20-46-0 @ MIN
Nov 11, 2009 .32-120-1 LAMBEAU

Only one awful performance (in a Win). With this Game at Lambeau, the Vikings run defense can be had by this O Line.

Brando19
10-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Blitz VS Favre. Can't have anymore of those 7 seconds in the pocket like the last time we played them.

gbgary
10-26-2009, 09:18 PM
mm v chilly and the football gods

will mm's defensive scheme play into the vikings hands like last time...soft coverages and unaggressive pass rush? let brett stand back there and wait, and wait some more, for guys to get open without anyone getting close enough to make him hurry, let alone put a hand on him? this is the biggest division game we'll have the rest of the way. the Pack won't have a chance at the division, and very little chance at a wildcard, if they lose.

hell, don't know why i'm even worrying about it. the favre storybook will probably get another awe-inspiring chapter added to it, at the Packers expense, that we'll all have to watch and live with for an eternity.

mmmdk
10-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Cheers vs boos ! The crowd will be Favred up for sure :wink: