PDA

View Full Version : A Viking for what its worth

AV David
10-26-2009, 01:53 PM
From a packer in Vikingland:

Antoine Winfioeld is out for a month or so with a broken bone in his foot.(Anyone who has had a broken foot bone knows it is going to be problematic the rest of the year. If you come back too early, they tend to keep breaking again.)

The man whose name shall not be spoken was limping noticeably when he came into the post game news conference.

Bernard Berrian pulled his hamstring again on Sunday. No news on severity but he did not re-enter the game. This is the same hamstring that kept him out for about 4 weeks in the preseason.

I was not able to get the Packers/Browns game on TV. I doubt very much it will make the NFL channel replay list this week. Can someone let me know how TJ Lang played? Barbre?

thanks

sharpe1027
10-26-2009, 02:05 PM
I was not able to get the Packers/Browns game on TV. I doubt very much it will make the NFL channel replay list this week. Can someone let me know how TJ Lang played? Barbre?

thanks

The consensus around here is that they did well (zero sacks and 148 yards for Grant), but that they weren't up against good competition.

I saw TJ getting to the second level and finding LBers, and Grant had cutbacks to his side all day long. I didn't watch Barbre very closely.

Pugger
10-26-2009, 02:16 PM

thanks

The consensus around here is that they did well (zero sacks and 148 yards for Grant), but that they weren't up against good competition.

I saw TJ getting to the second level and finding LBers, and Grant had cutbacks to his side all day long. I didn't watch Barbre very closely.

Lang was up against Wimbley who is a decent pass rusher. He already has 24 sacks in now his 4th season. He had double digit sacks his rookie season. He currently has 4 sacks in 7 games which puts him on pace to end up with about 9-10 sacks this year.

denverYooper
10-26-2009, 02:17 PM

thanks

I noticed that also. He was always finding someone to block.

pbmax
10-26-2009, 02:24 PM
From a packer in Vikingland:

Antoine Winfioeld is out for a month or so with a broken bone in his foot.(Anyone who has had a broken foot bone knows it is going to be problematic the rest of the year. If you come back too early, they tend to keep breaking again.)

The man whose name shall not be spoken was limping noticeably when he came into the post game news conference.

Bernard Berrian pulled his hamstring again on Sunday. No news on severity but he did not re-enter the game. This is the same hamstring that kept him out for about 4 weeks in the preseason.

thanks
Lang and Barbre played well. Cliff Christl's high school coach analyst (Banacsyk) said he thought Lang even blocked the run better then Barbre. Barbre had no horrible protections, though he seems to give up too much ground too fast. When that happens, he looks like he is playing too high, but unsure if that is a result of the play or the initial technique. His run blocking was fine and most of Grant's yardage came to his side. Barbre has settled down, now its time to see if he can hold up against a better line where he will have home field going for him.

Lang run blocks better than Cliffy can even healthy. He will play on this line next year. His pass blocking was good, but he isn't as fast, smooth or sure as Clifton. Banacsyk mentioned his arms aren't long compared to most left tackles. Allen would beat him a few times if they match up. He got some help with backs chipping the RDE.