PDA

View Full Version : U Go Gramps!!!

GrnBay007
10-27-2009, 10:37 PM
:D

77-Year-Old Man Beats Down Armed Robber With Soft Drink

77-year old Pat Gillespie must have looked like a vulnerable target as he unloaded groceries in front of his Flint, Mich., home last Thursday. But when a gunman swooped in to rob the Air Force veteran, the thief learned firsthand the perils of trying to steal from someone who has just returned from the supermarket.

That's because instead of emptying his pockets, Gillespie reached into one of the bags and pulled out the biggest thing he could find: a 2-liter bottle of Pepsi. Gillespie used the weighted plastic container to beat his assailant with a barrage of blows that didn't stop even when the criminal shot Gillespie in the groin. Eventually the would-be robber fled, empty-handed.

"I'm not a fighter but I don't need any B.S. from anybody," said the retiree, who shows no ill-effect from the shooting other than a temporary limp. "This is my house."

So what did Gillespie do with his weapon of choice? Why the unsentimental vigilante drank it, of course.

MichiganPackerFan
10-28-2009, 07:56 AM
That's great! Gotta be a tough person to live in the area formerly known as Flint

ThunderDan
10-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Gran Torino?

Scott Campbell
10-28-2009, 08:48 AM
I'll never feel the need to take a bullet in the groin just to save my groceries.

MichiganPackerFan
10-28-2009, 09:27 AM
I'll never feel the need to take a bullet in the groin just to save my groceries.

Ok, just hypothetically, what if it was beer?

Little Whiskey
10-28-2009, 10:08 AM
not surprised, flint is a horrible place.

Scott Campbell
10-28-2009, 10:41 AM

What kind?

MichiganPackerFan
10-28-2009, 11:29 AM

What kind?

You should be embarrassed for asking such a question.

But I suppose there could be some importance assigned based on a measure of inverse relationship between quality and quantity.

retailguy
10-28-2009, 11:51 AM

What kind?

there is bad beer? :shock:

I had no idea.

mraynrand
10-28-2009, 12:29 PM

What kind?

there is bad beer? :shock:

I had no idea.

Now you do
http://legalbeer.com/images/grain%20belt%20premium.jpg

retailguy
10-28-2009, 12:35 PM
That's not bad beer. That's CHEAP beer. :P

Cheesehead Craig
10-28-2009, 01:31 PM
You haven't smelled Harv after he's had a few of these. It's a bad beer.

mraynrand
10-28-2009, 02:22 PM

TMI

retailguy
10-28-2009, 09:31 PM

Sorry. Not interested in "smelling harvey". I'll take your word for it. :shock: