PDA

View Full Version : Predict the score: Packers vs Vikings

mmmdk
10-28-2009, 08:29 AM
A must win for Packers. My $$ are on the most talented team; offense, defense, ST and coaching. Is Lambeau a fort? Not lately and not this sunday with thousands of Wisconsin Viking fans in the stands.

Vikings 34 Packers 27

Hope I'm wrong [5-1 predicting Packer games...easy with Rams, Lions, Browns].

:pack: My Packer heart predicts a Packer win.

Pack0514
10-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Packers 31
Vikings 27

Capers brings the house. Brent throws 2 TDs but he also throws two picks. Rodgers throws 2 TD. Grant runs for 1. Collins has a pick 6.

MichiganPackerFan
10-28-2009, 08:35 AM
GB by 14
AR for 325, sacked 3 times
RG/BJ/AG for 125
#4 for 250 and 1 pick

Chevelle2
10-28-2009, 08:42 AM
Packers 33
Vikings 20

Rodgers steps up to the plate in a big game and throws for 320 and 3 scores. Sacked 3 times. Favre is harassed all day, and if he does actually finish he throws 2 scores, 3 picks including a pick 6 to C Woodson.

I really, really think we are going to win.

3irty1
10-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Packers 31
Vikings 13

A-Rod does whatever he wants. AP doesn't. The secondary makes some plays. Overall we are probably healthier than them and playing at home.

Deputy Nutz
10-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Realistically this game is going to be played a lot better by the Packers than the one in the Dome. The Packers played like poop butter, but managed to keep the score more than respectable. The Problem is, even if they play better and don't get the breaks they got in game 1, they are still going to lose this game if the Vikings bring their A-game.

I think it is going to be a high scoring game. neither team has proven to be able to stop half way decent opponents while on defense. I see the Packers defense improving and the Vikings defense falter the last few weeks. Momentum is a big part of this game, the Packers are have given up only three point the last two weeks, regardless of teams played, they are doing what they are supposed to.

Both teams are going to have to play a solid 4 quarters, the Vikings can't have their typical 4th quarter let up, and the Packers can't play from behind.

The Vikings win. I base this on the fact that the Packers are going to be stuck kicking field goals instead of putting the ball in the endzone. The Packers have problems finishing drives, mostly due to penalties, and breakdowns.

The key is to rattle Favre. The Vikings are his team, The Vikings don't win if Favre plays poorly. Regardless of the early season propaganda about Favre being a game manager he is the glue that holds the Vikings offense together. Stop Favre, you stop the Vikings offense. Favre goes off, it is going to be a long day for the Green Bay Packers, regardless of what Adrian Peterson does.

Final score

Vikings 27
Packers 20

cheesner
10-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Pack 37
Vikes 17

Ryan Grant will have a big day.

The talk on Monday will be what to make of the Viking Run Defense.

AP gets shut down - again.

BF throws 3 ints. and gets sacked 2 times.

The weather plays a big role in reducing BFs, Allen, and the WRs effectiveness. I think the key to this game is to take away AP, and rely on our DBs to disrupt the WR routes quickly. Take away BFs options and that is how you will rattle him. He gets the ball off to quickly to get to him with the pass rush. Let him get frustrated by killing drives and then he will start making his stupid decisions.

Freak Out
10-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Pack - 34

Vikes - 20

Partial
10-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Realistically this game is going to be played a lot better by the Packers than the one in the Dome. The Packers played like poop butter, but managed to keep the score more than respectable. The Problem is, even if they play better and don't get the breaks they got in game 1, they are still going to lose this game if the Vikings bring their A-game.

I think it is going to be a high scoring game. neither team has proven to be able to stop half way decent opponents while on defense. I see the Packers defense improving and the Vikings defense falter the last few weeks. Momentum is a big part of this game, the Packers are have given up only three point the last two weeks, regardless of teams played, they are doing what they are supposed to.

Both teams are going to have to play a solid 4 quarters, the Vikings can't have their typical 4th quarter let up, and the Packers can't play from behind.

The Vikings win. I base this on the fact that the Packers are going to be stuck kicking field goals instead of putting the ball in the endzone. The Packers have problems finishing drives, mostly due to penalties, and breakdowns.

The key is to rattle Favre. The Vikings are his team, The Vikings don't win if Favre plays poorly. Regardless of the early season propaganda about Favre being a game manager he is the glue that holds the Vikings offense together. Stop Favre, you stop the Vikings offense. Favre goes off, it is going to be a long day for the Green Bay Packers, regardless of what Adrian Peterson does.

Final score

Vikings 27
Packers 20

I agree basically 100% with this. Good post.

mmmdk
10-28-2009, 01:31 PM

Final score

Vikings 27
Packers 20

Sadly, I agree too.

How will the weather be in GB on sunday? Clutching at straws ! :wink:

MOBB DEEP
10-28-2009, 02:43 PM
I predict whoever wins sunday wins the division

mngolf19
10-28-2009, 02:52 PM
I'd change this part. Last week the Vikes stopped one of the top passing offenses, held them to 13 pts. And I'd say that Peterson can control the game as well if he isn't focused on.

neither team has proven to be able to stop half way decent opponents while on defense. I see the Packers defense improving and the Vikings defense falter the last few weeks.

Final score

Vikings 27
Packers 20

mmmdk
10-28-2009, 03:07 PM
I predict whoever wins sunday wins the division

I'll buy that; if Packers lose they would be virtually OUT of the NFC North division race. With a win they'll have a fair shot at NFC North title.

channtheman
10-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Vikings aren't as good as they think. Packers aren't as bad as people think. Packers win this game and take the division this year.

I guess I should predict a score here. Hmmm. I like how 34 -20 looks. Vikes down 27-20 late in the game and a Favre pick 6 to Woodson seals the deal.

Packers4Ever
10-28-2009, 08:33 PM

Both teams are going to have to play a solid 4 quarters, the Vikings can't
have their typical 4th quarter let up, and the Packers can't play from behind.

The Vikings win. I base this on the fact that the Packers are going to be
stuck kicking field goals instead of putting the ball in the endzone. The Packers have problems finishing drives, mostly due to penalties, and breakdowns.

Final score

Vikings 27
Packers 20

Sadly, I agree too.

We are about 80 miles south of GB. I think it'll be on the milder side, temp. in 50's and sunny out. Pray for no rain !! Trees are still changing color here. When are you coming over for another game?
Enjoy the game, mmmdk ! :wink:

Brandon494
10-28-2009, 08:35 PM
23-17 Packers

MJZiggy
10-28-2009, 08:37 PM
We are about 80 miles south of GB. I think it'll be on the milder side, temp. in 50's and sunny out. Pray for no rain !! Trees are still changing color here. When are you coming over for another game?

I'm hoping it's cold, raw and rainy making the field muddy and the ball hard to handle.

denverYooper
10-28-2009, 08:45 PM

I'm hoping it's cold, raw and rainy making the field muddy and the ball hard to handle.

We're getting bombed with snow right now. Probaby about a foot and still falling.

Maybe it's headed to Lambeau...

Brandon494
10-28-2009, 09:04 PM

Final score

Vikings 27
Packers 20

I disagree, we were without Bigby that game and a lot of their points came from blown coverage from Martin. We also will not have Colledge playing LT so I expect a lot better pass profection for AR. We will also be at home and we not be nearly as loud.

Now as far as the Vikings they will be without their #1 CB in Antoine Winfield who had a hell of a game the first time we played. Seems they will also be without their starting LB E.J. Henderson and WR Bernad Berrian. Its not like they really out played us that much during the first game, they were just more efficienct in the redzone (3/3) all TDs. We were (0/2) and they scored 14 points off turnovers.

If the Packers are to win they must get pressure on Favre, we only got 1 QB hit on him the first game and thats unacceptable to have Fave back their to just pick the defense apart. We also need to cut down on the penalties but we have been saying that since MM arrived in GB. I predict the Pack to win 23-17 mainly because of better O-line play and having Bigby in the secondary will allow Capers to blitz more often and sure up the coverage.

Bossman641
10-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Pack win 27-20.

Favre has a good game, Rodgers has a better game.

mmmdk
10-29-2009, 01:59 PM

Both teams are going to have to play a solid 4 quarters, the Vikings can't
have their typical 4th quarter let up, and the Packers can't play from behind.

The Vikings win. I base this on the fact that the Packers are going to be
stuck kicking field goals instead of putting the ball in the endzone. The Packers have problems finishing drives, mostly due to penalties, and breakdowns.

Final score

Vikings 27
Packers 20

Sadly, I agree too.

Next season is a good bet and a slight chance for a playoff game this season at Lambeau.

I love the colors in autumn - green'n'gold.

:pack:

AtlPackFan
10-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Pack win 27-20.

Favre has a good game, Rodgers has a better game.

God, I would love a Pack win and Rodgers to have a good game.

My guess is that if Favre has a good game, the Packers are not going to win so I really want Favre to have a BAD game.

Cleft Crusty
10-29-2009, 02:03 PM
If it doesn't rain, the Packers would do well to soak the field down the night before. This technique - plus growing the grass a little longer - always seemed to work well to give them an advantage over those dome teams that are built on explosive speed and quickness.

Maxie the Taxi
10-29-2009, 02:27 PM
If it doesn't rain, the Packers would do well to soak the field down the night before. This technique - plus growing the grass a little longer - always seemed to work well to give them an advantage over those dome teams that are built on explosive speed and quickness.

Too bad the Packers don't play games in Milwaukee anymore. A few year's back I visited Milwaukee and attended a Brewer's game at Miller Park. It was raining both outside and inside their new dome. Then, again, maybe they patched the dome roof by now.

ThunderDan
10-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Weather channel says high in the upper 40s 10% chance of rain.

Packers 31
Vikings 10

I don't know why but I have a feeling that the Pack is going to come out and blow the Vikings away.

MichiganPackerFan
10-29-2009, 02:37 PM
I'd love to see AR come in and pick apart the secondary and get a good jump on his November NFC offensive player of the month award.

RashanGary
10-29-2009, 03:47 PM

Final score

Vikings 27
Packers 20

LMAO. You do realize that team won teh division without Favre last year, right? Ok, just checking. You're such and unbridaled Favre homer. It's really pathetic. One thing I knew going into this season, there was no way the Favre homers could say Favre is carrying this team that was already really good with Gus Frerotte. I was wrong. You people know no bounds with your pathetic closed minds.

MOBB DEEP
10-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Favre is harassed all day, and if he does actually finish he throws 2 scores, 3 picks

b/c he's known for NOT being able to finish games the past 2 decades??

LOL....

I wonder how many ppl want to see that man get hurt...PERSPECTIVE

ThunderDan
10-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Favre is harassed all day, and if he does actually finish he throws 2 scores, 3 picks

b/c he's known for NOT being able to finish games the past 2 decades??

LOL....

I wonder how many ppl want to see that man get hurt...PERSPECTIVE

The 3rd game I saw live at GB, Favre got knocked out and ARod played with a broken foot.

We got served by NE 35-0.

mmmdk
10-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Wisconsin native Dave Krieg was sacked 9 times, including an NFL-record 7 sacks by linebacker Derrick Thomas, yet led the Seahawks to 17-16 victory over the Chiefs in 1990.

...there may be a chance :lol:

Brando19
10-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Favre has a decent game, but AP has over 130 yards rushing. However, the Packers secondary/linebackers is awesome...picking Favre off once and two forced fumbles. Rodgers rushes for over 40 yards with a rushing TD and throws for over 300 yards. Packers running game still sucks.

Packers 31
Vikings 27

bbbffl66
10-30-2009, 09:17 PM
I keep going back and forth. I'm afraid to pick GB and be even more disappointed.
But........

I'll do it!

Packers 34
Queens 24

steve823
10-30-2009, 09:59 PM
31-24 Pack Win

AR plays great even though he is hurried constantly and faces a lot of pressure.

Packers finally get pressure on Favre consistently throughout the game, and he throws 1 int.

Peterson plays better then last game, since Packers aren't only stopping the run this time ,but he fumbles again and it proves costly.

Maxie the Taxi
10-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Packers 16
Vikings 7

Hawk scores a TD

Packers4Ever
10-31-2009, 04:53 PM
Weather channel says high in the upper 40s 10% chance of rain.

Packers 31
Vikings 10

I don't know why but I have a feeling that the Pack is going to come out and blow the Vikings away.

Same here. TD, I guessed too low for Pack when I did my earlier guess
and now I feel all jacked up Sooooooo......:

Packers 31
Vikings (BOOOOO) 17

GO PACK !! :wow: