PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers named NFC Offensive Player of October

Bossman641
10-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Congrats

:bclap: :bump:

Partial
10-28-2009, 08:13 PM
I must say this one is a little bedazzling to me, even when I try to give him a lot of credit.

Week 1:
He was clearly the 2nd best quarterback on the field against Minne. It was a gutsy performance but I can't say it was award winning.

Week 2:
Bye

Week 3:
Lions game where we played decently but left a lot of points on the board in the red zone.

Week 4:
Excellent game.

Perhaps no one else stood out, but I've gotta imagine that Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady were as good if not better in the past month.

Brady has had: 75% win, 12 tds, 2 ints, 2 fumbles, 1161 yds in the past 4 games

Manning has had: 100% win, 8 tds, 2 ints, 0 fumbles, 897 yds in the past 3 games (bye)

Brees has had: 100% win, 5 td, 3 ints, 2 fumbles, 857 yds in the past 3 games (bye)

Rodgers has had: 66% win, 7 td, 2 ints, 2 fumbles, 988 yds in past 3 games (bye)

I guess the numbers aren't too out of line, but I would have guessed Manning or Brady would have brought it home.

gbgary
10-28-2009, 08:16 PM
wow...congrats AR!!

imagine what he could do if he wasn't on his back half the time. :)

red
10-28-2009, 08:17 PM
NFC, 2 of the guys you named are AFC

big award for him

Brandon494
10-28-2009, 08:28 PM
I must say this one is a little bedazzling to me, even when I try to give him a lot of credit.

Week 1:
He was clearly the 2nd best quarterback on the field against Minne. It was a gutsy performance but I can't say it was award winning.

Week 2:
Bye

Week 3:
Lions game where we played decently but left a lot of points on the board in the red zone.

Week 4:
Excellent game.

Perhaps no one else stood out, but I've gotta imagine that Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady were as good if not better in the past month.

Manning has had: 100% win, 8 tds, 2 ints, 0 fumbles, 897 yds in the past 3 games (bye)

Brees has had: 100% win, 5 td, 3 ints, 2 fumbles, 857 yds in the past 3 games (bye)

Rodgers has had: 66% win, 7 td, 2 ints, 2 fumbles, 988 yds in past 3 games (bye)

I guess the numbers aren't too out of line, but I would have guessed Manning or Brady would have brought it home.

Brady and Manning are both in the AFC

Month of October

Aaron Rodgers 7 TDs 2 INTs 74.6 cmp% 988 yards 13 sacks 126.7 QB rating

Drew Brees 5 TDs 3 INTs 65.7 cmp% 857 yards 5 sacks 98.2 QB rating

Not that hard to do the research before you discredit AR :wink:

red
10-28-2009, 08:30 PM

Week 1:

Week 2:
Bye

Week 3:

Week 4:
Excellent game.

i know you won't ever give him any credit, but he is having a great year

in the nfc

he's 1st in passing yards
he has the highest qb rating
tied for 4th in td's (3 behind brees, 1 behind favre)
only mcnabb has thrown fewer int's (and he missed a couple games)
and he's 6th in accuracy

and favre has played in one more game then rodgers or brees

in october brees has 5 td's and 3 int's, 857 yards in 3 games

a-rod- 7td's, 2 ints, 988 yards in 3 games

rodgers had a great month

pasquale
10-28-2009, 08:31 PM

Week 1:

Week 2:
Bye

Week 3:

Week 4:
Excellent game.

Brady and Manning are both in the AFC

Month of October

Aaron Rodgers 7 TDs 2 INTs 988 yards 126.7 QB rating

Drew Brees 5 TDs 3 INTs 857 yards 98.2 QB rating

Not that hard to do the research before you slam AR :wink:

QFT

red
10-28-2009, 08:37 PM
FYI

manning- 8tds, 2 ints, 897 yards in 3 games

brady- 12 td's, 2 int's, 1161 yards in 4 games (average per game x 3= 9 td's, 871 yards)

manning has been sacked twice, brady 8 times and brees 9 times (rodgers 25)

rodgers numbers are just that much more impressive when you think about the lack of protection

maybe the rodgers for mvp talk needs to begin

Partial
10-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Fair enough in my skimming I missed the whole "NFC" thing. Perfect Pats and Brady are finally hitting their stride.

3irty1
10-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Arod has been spectacular. Its nice to know it hasn't gone unnoticed.

ND72
10-28-2009, 09:57 PM
maybe the rodgers for mvp talk needs to begin

Maybe that should be my poster for sunday!!!

Waldo
10-28-2009, 10:29 PM
His YPA over that span was 10.5 :shock:

Last week he set the franchise single game rating record.

His last 4 games are the first time a GB QB has thrown for a 110+ rating 4 games in a row since Bart.

gex
10-28-2009, 11:08 PM
Congrats A-Rod!!!!

Well deserved :D

Zool
10-29-2009, 12:36 AM
His YPA over that span was 10.5 :shock:

Last week he set the franchise single game rating record.

His last 4 games are the first time a GB QB has thrown for a 110+ rating 4 games in a row since Bart.

Wow. 10.5 per attempt?

channtheman
10-29-2009, 02:54 AM
You guys realize if Rodgers didn't have so many drops so early in the season he could be around 70 percent completion rate. And no doubt he'd have another TD but Lee dropped an easy one.

comp att % yds ypa TD INT sacked sack/yds rtg
Aaron Rodgers, GB 121 184 65.8 1702 9.25 11 2 25 164 110.8

Add about 10 completions for drops (I'm sure there are more but drops do happen and you can't eliminate all of them) and his completion percentage is 71.2. Rodgers is really kicking ass this year.

Kiwon
10-29-2009, 06:31 AM
Hey guys, think about it for a minute, do you realize how fortunate the Packers are to have two quality QBs back to back - Farve and Rodgers?

Just think about the other QBs that the Packers had from Starr onward? Compared to the '70s and '80s we are doing great.

Congrats, A-Rod. It has to be a great confidence boost for him. A win over Farve and the Vikes would also be something special at this stage in his career.

MichiganPackerFan
10-29-2009, 08:00 AM
I'm pretty happy about that well deserved. If his YPA wasn't so high, he probably would get sacked less. Shorter passes, taking less time to develop and let his receivers get the YAC they pride themselves on brings the YPA back up and the sacks down.

Cheesehead Craig
10-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Hey guys, think about it for a minute, do you realize how fortunate the Packers are to have two quality QBs back to back - Favre and Rodgers?

Just think about the other QBs that the Packers had from Starr onward? Compared to the '70s and '80s we are doing great.

Congrats, A-Rod. It has to be a great confidence boost for him. A win over Favre and the Vikes would also be something special at this stage in his career.
Don't go dissin' my boy Lynn Dickey. I shall forever hold a warm spot in my heart for him.

Zool
10-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Where's the love for Randy Wright?

Kiwon
10-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Hey guys, think about it for a minute, do you realize how fortunate the Packers are to have two quality QBs back to back - Favre and Rodgers?

Congrats, A-Rod. It has to be a great confidence boost for him. A win over Favre and the Vikes would also be something special at this stage in his career.
Don't go dissin' my boy Lynn Dickey. I shall forever hold a warm spot in my heart for him.

Yeah, me too. Still can't believe he gets a broken leg on the last play of the game.

Dickey had that monster year during those pass happy days but I think Rodgers is way better than Dickey. No way Rodgers throws 179 INTs in his career like Dickey did.

Cheesehead Craig
10-29-2009, 09:35 AM

Yeah, me too. Still can't believe he gets a broken leg on the last play of the game.

Dickey had that monster year during those pass happy days but I think Rodgers is way better than Dickey. No way Rodgers throws 179 INTs in his career like Dickey did.

Yeah, but Dickey would play with a collapsed lung, lacerated spleen, sprained ankle and a hard on that lasted more than 4 hours and still do good.