PDA

View Full Version : Schein 9: Favre in for rough day at Lambeau

Brandon494
10-28-2009, 09:18 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10279298/Schein-9:-Favre-in-for-rough-day-at-Lambeau

1. Foaming at the mouth
The Vikings lost a very competitive ball game against the Steelers. And now the focus shifts to Lord Favre making his return to Lambeau Field.

The fans will boo their least favorite traitor. And Green Bay will win the rematch. Green Bay is ready for the rematch.

Here are 9 reasons (the Schein 9 within the Schein 9, if you will) why the Packers are ready to win this time around and why they don't miss or need Favre.

In the last two games, the Packers defense pitched a shutout and gave up 3 points. Sure, it was against Detroit and Cleveland. But it is obvious that Dom Capers' defense has clicked since the bye week and the last Brett Favre soap opera in Minnesota.

Aaron Kampman is back. His hand is in the dirt. Kampman is getting to the passer. Kampman was dropping back too often in the first game against the Vikes. Kampman will chase Favre all day long, something he didn't do at all in the first matchup.

Al Harris and Charles Woodson make up the single-best combination of cornerbacks in the NFL. Woodson had a pick against Cleveland. Woodson and Harris will have two combined picks against Favre on Sunday.

The linebacker rotation is peaking. A.J. Hawk, Brandon Chillar, Nick Barnett and Clay Matthews make up a diverse and talented rotation of playmakers. I think they can bottle up Adrian Peterson.

Ryan Grant is coming off of his best game of the season, pounding the Browns for 148 rush yards and a touchdown. The Packers need him to get back to his 2007 form and last Sunday gave them the hope that he will get there.

Mike McCarthy is a better coach than Brad Childress. Did you see the run-to-pass ratio for the Vikes on Sunday? How about Chilly settling for the field goal the week before against the Ravens? McCarthy is an excellent play-caller. He puts a major emphasis on winning at home and the Packers will be ready for this unique environment come Sunday.

Aaron Rodgers is playing brilliant football. OK, so he isn't quite in the MVP mix like I predicted. But he's damn close. Rodgers has just two picks against 11 touchdowns with a passer rating of 110.8. He doesn't get enough credit for being great. Rodgers is a true extension of McCarthy on the field, something Favre really never was. Rodgers shares McCarthy's love of practice, film study and a 24-hour quest to succeed — to the extent where he sounds like McCarthy during interviews. Rodgers will be a model of efficiency and dominate the Vikings.

Rodgers told me two weeks ago that he believes Greg Jennings is about to explode. With Antoine Winfield injured, this will be the week. Minnesota has been vulnerable to opposing passing attacks in recent weeks.

The pressure is solely on Favre. He will get booed in the stadium where he used to be a star and a legend. I think he has no idea what is in store. And I think it is going to get ugly with the sight of Favre wearing the enemy's colors and with Green Bay getting a chance to cut into Minnesota's division lead.

ND72
10-28-2009, 09:50 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10279298/Schein-9:-Favre-in-for-rough-day-at-Lambeau

1. Foaming at the mouth
The Vikings lost a very competitive ball game against the Steelers. And now the focus shifts to Lord Favre making his return to Lambeau Field.

The fans will boo their least favorite traitor. And Green Bay will win the rematch. Green Bay is ready for the rematch.

Here are 9 reasons (the Schein 9 within the Schein 9, if you will) why the Packers are ready to win this time around and why they don't miss or need Favre.

In the last two games, the Packers defense pitched a shutout and gave up 3 points. Sure, it was against Detroit and Cleveland. But it is obvious that Dom Capers' defense has clicked since the bye week and the last Brett Favre soap opera in Minnesota.

Aaron Kampman is back. His hand is in the dirt. Kampman is getting to the passer. Kampman was dropping back too often in the first game against the Vikes. Kampman will chase Favre all day long, something he didn't do at all in the first matchup.

Al Harris and Charles Woodson make up the single-best combination of cornerbacks in the NFL. Woodson had a pick against Cleveland. Woodson and Harris will have two combined picks against Favre on Sunday.

The linebacker rotation is peaking. A.J. Hawk, Brandon Chillar, Nick Barnett and Clay Matthews make up a diverse and talented rotation of playmakers. I think they can bottle up Adrian Peterson.

Ryan Grant is coming off of his best game of the season, pounding the Browns for 148 rush yards and a touchdown. The Packers need him to get back to his 2007 form and last Sunday gave them the hope that he will get there.

Mike McCarthy is a better coach than Brad Childress. Did you see the run-to-pass ratio for the Vikes on Sunday? How about Chilly settling for the field goal the week before against the Ravens? McCarthy is an excellent play-caller. He puts a major emphasis on winning at home and the Packers will be ready for this unique environment come Sunday.

Aaron Rodgers is playing brilliant football. OK, so he isn't quite in the MVP mix like I predicted. But he's damn close. Rodgers has just two picks against 11 touchdowns with a passer rating of 110.8. He doesn't get enough credit for being great. Rodgers is a true extension of McCarthy on the field, something Favre really never was. Rodgers shares McCarthy's love of practice, film study and a 24-hour quest to succeed — to the extent where he sounds like McCarthy during interviews. Rodgers will be a model of efficiency and dominate the Vikings.

Rodgers told me two weeks ago that he believes Greg Jennings is about to explode. With Antoine Winfield injured, this will be the week. Minnesota has been vulnerable to opposing passing attacks in recent weeks.

The pressure is solely on Favre. He will get booed in the stadium where he used to be a star and a legend. I think he has no idea what is in store. And I think it is going to get ugly with the sight of Favre wearing the enemy's colors and with Green Bay getting a chance to cut into Minnesota's division lead.

CAN'T WAIT!!! If this is the only game I make it to this year, it will be worth it. Still trying to figure out a great poster to make for the game....maybe just a big picture of a waffle???

Tony Oday
10-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Nick Collins Jumping a route to take it to the house first drive...write that down.

mraynrand
10-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Still trying to figure out a great poster to make for the game....maybe just a big picture of a waffle???

I printed this one out 4 feet high and took it to the Browns game. Had a lot of fun with it. I would bet 30 or more people asked to have their picture taken next to it. When Rodgers ran out of bounds on a scramble he ran right towards this sign (and a sign that showed "3x4=12" - We had four of us together - three with Favre jerseys and one Rodgers Jersey). Guy had a big grin on his face...

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/makefavrecry.jpg

Gunakor
10-28-2009, 11:19 PM
It lost me with "McCarthy is an excellent play-caller." Though it was better last weekend, I remain unconvinced. He's had a fair share of stinkers the last couple of seasons.

Rastak
10-29-2009, 05:53 AM
Schein's a genius.

Go look it up, so far he's picked Minnesota ONCE this year to win, when they played the Rams. He took Cleveland, he took the Lions, etc etc. He took Green Bay in the first game.

His record on predicting Vikings games? 2-5.

mraynrand
10-29-2009, 07:14 AM
Schein's a genius.

Go look it up, so far he's picked Minnesota ONCE this year to win, when they played the Rams. He took Cleveland, he took the Lions, etc etc. He took Green Bay in the first game.

I stopped treating him seriously after "Lord Favre." Once you see that, you know it's just a fluff or humor piece.

BlueBrewer
10-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Schien is in McCarthy's pocket. I listen to sirius NFL radio religiously and every thursday M3 comes on Schiens show and this makes him love the packers and want to keep M3 coming on the show. He is overly loving of Green Bay. Thats why I like him.....at least I can see it for what is it and admit it. :shock:

mraynrand
10-29-2009, 10:51 AM
It lost me with "McCarthy is an excellent play-caller." Though it was better last weekend, I remain unconvinced. He's had a fair share of stinkers the last couple of seasons.

Fire up the FULLBACK DIVE!!!!

gex
10-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Schein's a genius.

I stopped treating him seriously after "Lord Favre." Once you see that, you know it's just a fluff or humor piece.

Tru dat 8-)

Packers4Ever
10-30-2009, 10:03 PM

It lost me too, Gunakor - totally. Only one direction to go - IMPROVE !

Rastak
10-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Schien is in McCarthy's pocket. I listen to sirius NFL radio religiously and every thursday M3 comes on Schiens show and this makes him love the packers and want to keep M3 coming on the show. He is overly loving of Green Bay. Thats why I like him.....at least I can see it for what is it and admit it. :shock:

Blue, I listen to NFL radio all the time too....He hates Favre big time but he's fun to listen too. He big time digs the Pack.