PDA

View Full Version : Best Linemen

Partial
10-28-2009, 11:26 PM
This article seems to imply MM is still looking at trying to figure out his best 5.

It mentions possibly replacing every linemen except Sitton. This was strange to me as they list possibly benching Colledge for Spitz. I would have thought if they were looking to put Spitz at one of the guard spots, it would be RG.

They're implying that even Lang would be an upgrade to Colledge. Is he playing that well? If so, that is an excellent sign. Maybe not so much for Colledge but definitely for Lang.

What do you make of this ballyhoo?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/67106067.html

denverYooper
10-28-2009, 11:37 PM
I have a feeling it will be Lang - Colledge - Wells - Sitton - Barbre.

Brandon494
10-28-2009, 11:46 PM
I have a feeling it will be Lang - Colledge - Wells - Sitton - Barbre.

I agree and I think it should remain that way. I know it was the Browns but they did not allow a sack and the Browns only had 1 QB hit on Rodgers the whole game.

I know Clifton is a vet but I would just go with Lang to start off and if he struggles then replace him with Clifton. Also wouldn't mind if they did put Spitz back in the lineup to replace Wells, but only if he is completely healthy from his back injury. Don't want to see Mark Tauscher unless Barbre has a repeat of his performance in the Bears game.

pbmax
10-29-2009, 12:06 AM
I think Silverstein is reading too much into it. McCarthy says he wants to get all the information in, but I think he is referring to health and availability not replacing poor performing entrenched starters. The questions are probably Lang/Clifton and Wells/Spitz.

He hasn't seen Spitz practice. he has not seen Clifton or Tauscher react to a full practice. He needs to know who is healthy enough to play.

If they are all healthy, I think he goes back to the original 5

Clifton-Colledge-Spitz-Sitton-Barbre

Lang and Tausch are there in case trouble develops.

Fritz
10-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Do we feel better about the line now that Lang has been tabbed a left tackle and Tauscher is probably going to be active?

Brandon494
10-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Do we feel better about the line now that Lang has been tabbed a left tackle and Tauscher is probably going to be active?

yes, week 1 seemed we had no backup at either tackle position. Now seems like we have two solid guys at each position.

bobblehead
10-29-2009, 12:09 PM
I posted in another OL thread that I thought I had a clue coming into the season, but now i'm clueless. DC always starts slow and comes on about now, so lets hope that continues.

What I said in another thread was that next year any of the possible could happen...and I nailed the Sitton part I guess:

LT: Clifton, College, Lang, FA/Rookie
LG: College, Lang, Spitz
C: Wells, Spitz
RG: Sitton'
RT: Babre, College, Lang, Giocominni

Damn near any permutation of that could feasibly emerge from camp next year.