PDA

View Full Version : Well, crucify me, but I hope Favre's career ends at Lambeau

Packers4Glory
10-29-2009, 12:30 PM
on Sunday.

I love Brett. He's my fav player of all time. Most of my football memories are Favre era. When he came on the scene it was to replace my then fav player in the Magic Man. Dude won me over almost instantly.

However, I simply can't stand to see him in Minn, nor have a shot to win anything in MIN. His wearing a Viking uniform is unholy. In my mind he's only back this yr, with the Vikes, to spite the Packers, and that is not ok with me.

It would be ironic that his consecutive games played ends after a visit to Lambeau in unholy colors. If he really did play his last NFL down at Lambeau as should have been the case all along.

Brett, I love you man, I really do, but I really hope you play your last game Sunday. Nothing serious or that will cause permanent damage, but just ends your season before it becomes too much to bear...like you leading MIN to a super bowl.

I know this is going to be unpopular to many, but I won't be PC and say I don't hope for this to happen, because I do. And I won't run from that.

sheepshead
10-29-2009, 12:34 PM
I dont think he'll make it to through 16 games, but I would never bet against him.

bobblehead
10-29-2009, 12:35 PM
I want him to play fine and the Packers to come on like they looked in preseason and the last 2 weeks and steal the division from him.

I want our team to look like we have a foundation for many runs at the superbowl. I have no feelings for any other team in our division other than they finish behind our 14-2 season.

Brett was a great packer, but he is retired from green and gold and that is as far as I go with that.

red
10-29-2009, 12:36 PM
last year when he was with the jets i was fine with him not being a packer, but now he's with the enemy

i don't want him injured, but i want us to hit him hard, and i now want him to fail

BlueBrewer
10-29-2009, 12:41 PM
He is dead to me...... :evil:

Maxie the Taxi
10-29-2009, 12:41 PM

I see dead people...

Fritz
10-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Actually, the worst thing that could happen regarding Favre - in my mind - would be if he got knocked out of the game, especially early. I don't want the Packers to knock him out of the game early and have the game go on with RosenJacks. I want the Pack to beat the Vikes while #4 is at the controls for the purple heads.

Hope the guy gets sacked a bunch and throws four pics while Peterson is held to around 100 yards.

sharpe1027
10-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Actually, the worst thing that could happen regarding Favre - in my mind - would be if he got knocked out of the game, especially early. I don't want the Packers to knock him out of the game early and have the game go on with RosenJacks. I want the Pack to beat the Vikes while #4 is at the controls for the purple heads.

Hope the guy gets sacked a bunch and throws four pics while Peterson is held to around 100 yards.

Spot on. I don't want Viqueens fans or Bert to have any excuses. I would love to see him play the entire year, only to have the Viqueens completely collapse the second half.

Other than a starting DB, the Viqueens have been lucky in the injury department, but there's a lot of football still to be played, and they (queens and Bert) have a strong tradition of fading down the stretch.

Spaulding
10-29-2009, 12:49 PM

Agreed, no excuses for the Vikings fans by saying we likely would have won if Brett hadn't gone down. Hope he completes the game and that it's either a blowout for the Pack or a close game at the end where Brett throws a pick and it's returned by Woodson/Harris/Collins for clinching TD - ala Giants playoff game.

Brandon494
10-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Weak post, never wish injury on anyone.

KARMA IS A BITCH!

Tony Oday
10-29-2009, 01:07 PM
never once have I wanted someone to get injured....play like shyt HELL YEAH! But not hurt

esoxx
10-29-2009, 01:14 PM
What time does the cruxification begin?

Nothing beats a good human sacrifice from time to time.

3irty1
10-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Agree with the above. I'd rather have Favre's season ended because he throws 10 picks all for TDs.

Smidgeon
10-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Actually, what I want is for Favre to play healthy and have the Vikings get completely destroyed in all phases of the game. I would love to see Favre and the Vikings tank on Sunday and the rest of the season...and not because of injuries. I want the end of the year to show that GB is the better team and not that they won because the starting QB for another team got injured halfway through the season.

bobblehead
10-29-2009, 01:20 PM
truly, I don't think this thread is going to help heal any wounds.

I realize nothing can be done, people have emotions on both sides, but honestly, I wish he had just retired instead of having this Packer fan splitting vendetta. What heis doing to the fan base aggravates me more than any pick he ever threw.

MichiganPackerFan
10-29-2009, 01:23 PM
I dont think he'll make it to through 16 games, but I would never bet against him.

Exactly. NEVER bet against him. However, I would like to see GB & AR clean up, with the D line living in the backfield.

CaptainKickass
10-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Well, crucify me, but I hope Favre's career ends at Lambeau on Sunday.

I love Brett. He's my fav player of all time. Most of my football memories are Favre era. When he came on the scene it was to replace my then fav player in the Magic Man. Dude won me over almost instantly.

However, I simply can't stand to see him in Minn, nor have a shot to win anything in MIN. His wearing a Viking uniform is unholy. In my mind he's only back this yr, with the Vikes, to spite the Packers, and that is not ok with me.

It would be ironic that his consecutive games played ends after a visit to Lambeau in unholy colors. If he really did play his last NFL down at Lambeau as should have been the case all along.

Brett, I love you man, I really do, but I really hope you play your last game Sunday. Nothing serious or that will cause permanent damage, but just ends your season before it becomes too much to bear...like you leading MIN to a super bowl.

I know this is going to be unpopular to many, but I won't be PC and say I don't hope for this to happen, because I do. And I won't run from that.

If the media were writing a "storybook" ending - this may very well be what they imagined.

I had a storybook wish for The Pack to beat the G-men and go on to win the SB against an undefeated Patriots team - but alas the NFL doesn't usually follow imaginatitive storybook endings.

That said - I'll take a W in lambeau over the Vikes any way we can.

I hope to the football gods that the Pack brings their A-Game, a ton more energy and "want" and a little something extra for the Old Man.

mraynrand
10-29-2009, 01:26 PM

Crucifixion? Good. Out the door, line on the left, one cross each.

mraynrand
10-29-2009, 02:06 PM
dp

cheesner
10-29-2009, 02:18 PM
I don't hate BF and I certainly don't want him to get hurt. Well, actually, I would like to see him get roughed up a bit, maybe limping by the 2nd quarter - but nothing serious. I have never wished a serious injury on anyone - although Romanowski and Sapp were close.

Have a long career with the Vikes, I don't care. They and he will collapse when its real important at the end of the season or in the playoffs. Its like clockwork.

Maxie the Taxi
10-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Be careful what you wish for.

I remember the game vs Dallas...what was it, Brett's last year in GB.

Dallas knocked Farve out of the game and ARod came in and almost beat the Cowboys.

Sparkey
10-29-2009, 02:31 PM

Crucifixion?

You lucky, lucky bastard. Proper little jailer's pet, aren't we?

Badgerinmaine
10-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Crucifixion? Good. Out the door, line on the left, one cross each.
"They said I could go live on an island somewhere, so no crucifixion for me..." :)

Seriously, though, I never root for a player to be hurt with a serious injury. Hurt feelings are a whole other matter. :P

TennesseePackerBacker
10-29-2009, 03:41 PM

Favre who?

LP
10-29-2009, 03:42 PM
I don't hope that he gets hurt, but I would like to see the defense lay the wood to him a few times. Hard wood. Kind of like a white oak plank to the chest. That should get the interception machine started up. :twisted:

RashanGary
10-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Things I want to see.

1. Packers win

2. Favre throw pick that contributes majorly to Minny's loss
3. Favre get hit very hard with footage of the girmmace
4. Favre getting booed out of Lambeau
5. Favre hanging his head after a loss

If those 5 things happen, my week has been made.

mngolf19
10-29-2009, 03:56 PM

Spot on. I don't want Viqueens fans or Bert to have any excuses. I would love to see him play the entire year, only to have the Viqueens completely collapse the second half.

Other than a starting DB, the Viqueens have been lucky in the injury department, but there's a lot of football still to be played, and they (queens and Bert) have a strong tradition of fading down the stretch.

You have never and will never hear an excuse from moi. They win or they lose. Very simple. hint hint

sharpe1027
10-29-2009, 04:49 PM

You have never and will never hear an excuse from moi. They win or they lose. Very simple. hint hint

Good to hear. Call me dense, but I'm not sure what you are hinting at.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-29-2009, 05:27 PM

Yes. It is really quite the conundrum. Which bad ending for the Vikes and Bert is best. :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
10-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Ty would like to see Bert beaten to a pulp. At the end, on the field like that classic T.A. Tittle pic.

Ty would like an image like that seared into the national collective concious. Something that showed him bloody and beaten and hopeless.

Then, we take his land and rape his women.

The Shadow
10-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Ty would like to see Bert beaten to a pulp. At the end, on the field like that classic Otto Graham (i think it is him....correct me if i'm wrong) pic.

Ty would like an image like that seared into the national collective concious. Something that showed him bloody and beaten and hopeless.

Y.A Tittle
http://gregdooley.com/gallery/gal_yatittle.html

Tyrone Bigguns
10-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Ty would like to see Bert beaten to a pulp. At the end, on the field like that classic Otto Graham (i think it is him....correct me if i'm wrong) pic.

Y.A Tittle
http://gregdooley.com/gallery/gal_yatittle.html

Yep. A new pic for a new generation!

MJZiggy
10-29-2009, 06:54 PM

How 'bout we just wound his pride--and make him remember why he retired in the first place.

RashanGary
10-29-2009, 06:56 PM
The best thing we can do is take the division. I wouldn't mind seeing his career end, but I'd rather see us take this game, take the division and send him home a loser.

bobblehead
10-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Honestly guys, we should just want to outplay them. Pound the entire team. Then when its all over the players can give interviews about how excited they are. The prospects of this packer team that just beat the most talented team BF ever played on.

No injury to favre, no AP getting hurt or fumbling. Just a smothering D, strong running game, and explosive passing game that doesn't have 2 redzone turnovers.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Honestly guys, we should just want to outplay them. Pound the entire team. Then when its all over the players can give interviews about how excited they are. The prospects of this packer team that just beat the most talented team BF ever played on.

No injury to favre, no AP getting hurt or fumbling. Just a smothering D, strong running game, and explosive passing game that doesn't have 2 redzone turnovers.

pussy.

Partial
10-29-2009, 07:54 PM
This topic is a little saddistic and taking things way too far. It's a football game. Ultimately it will likely have very little effect on your life.

I don't care who wins at all, I'm just looking to be entertained. I will most likely root for whoever is losing.

bobblehead
10-29-2009, 07:57 PM

pussy.

To carry over from the other thread.....fuck you

Tyrone Bigguns
10-29-2009, 07:59 PM

pussy.

To carry over from the other thread.....fuck you

pussy, obviously 9 months of obama have feminized you.

If you arent' for taking his land, burning his house to the ground,and raping the women you are a liberal.

Bossman641
10-29-2009, 08:00 PM
This topic is a little saddistic and taking things way too far. It's a football game. Ultimately it will likely have very little effect on your life.

I don't care who wins at all, I'm just looking to be entertained. I will most likely root for whoever is losing.

What kind of attitude is that?

If the Vikings are losing I hope the Packers beat them into submission.

mmmdk
10-29-2009, 08:05 PM
I just want Packers to beat Vikings on sunday and forever more.

mraynrand
10-29-2009, 08:26 PM

Absolutely. It would be nice if Favre got beaten up so badly that Deanna ran down onto the field RIGHT DURING THE GAME. "My Brent, My Brent!!!"

gbgary
10-29-2009, 08:35 PM
everyones getting all pumped for nothing. the Packers are struggling, the vikings are charmed. it's gonna end up just like the last game...maybe worse. there's nothing anyone can do about it. the football gods have spoken. another heart-warming chapter in the favre storybook is about to be written at the Packers' expense. i think i'm gonna throw up...

mraynrand
10-29-2009, 08:40 PM
everyones getting all pumped for nothing. the Packers are struggling, the vikings are charmed. it's gonna end up just like the last game...maybe worse. there's nothing anyone can do about it. the football gods have spoken. another heart-warming chapter in the favre storybook is about to be written at the Packers' expense. i think i'm gonna throw up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M0XgtABlYg&feature=related
http://purplejesus.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/brettfavreespy003.jpg

Lurker64
10-29-2009, 09:17 PM
I want Favre's career to end at Lambeau too... in January, in the playoffs, after the Packers rally late to take the division. Sending Favre into retirement (for good this time) a loser in purple.

There's no greater ending I could hope for the Favre saga, than to see him lose in a blowout in a cold, snowy Lambeau field in the playoffs. This will hopefully bring him to realize the error of his ways.

Packers4Glory
10-29-2009, 09:17 PM
I don't root for something bad like I said. just something enough that makes this his last game ever.

He can play most of the game in the loss. whatever.

karma is a bitch, and if she's real, this will happen sunday. The football Gods have been good to him, but to come back for what feels and seems like a personal vendetta against the Packers after being the face of the team for so long, well its time for this streak to end.

either way I'm not a favre hater, hell my user name is tied to him.

I've hoped since all the original BS went down that he would play well and stick it to Ted and M3 that way. Heck he screwed us by tanking and costing us a better draft pick! Even w/ MIN i hoped he would play good and show he still has "it"....however I hate MIN and want them to lose. and now I want this nightmare to be over.

pasquale
10-29-2009, 09:23 PM
I just hope he pees a little each time he gets sacked

Sparkey
10-29-2009, 09:33 PM

:lol: That says volumes :roll:

Smidgeon
10-29-2009, 09:45 PM
I want Favre's career to end at Lambeau too... in January, in the playoffs, after the Packers rally late to take the division. Sending Favre into retirement (for good this time) a loser in purple.

There's no greater ending I could hope for the Favre saga, than to see him lose in a blowout in a cold, snowy Lambeau field in the playoffs. This will hopefully bring him to realize the error of his ways.

Didn't work the first time... Well, he was in G&G in that game, so I guess it's a different situation.

pbmax
10-29-2009, 09:45 PM
He is 40, that might already be happening just walking around. :lol:

pbmax
10-29-2009, 09:51 PM

If this is the case, then why do you spend considerable time posting here?

I don't want him hurt (though it would not trouble me if it happened in the normal course of the game) but I will be more happy than usual if the Packers win this game. That has nothing to do with Favre, but evening up the Division.

Cleft Crusty
10-29-2009, 09:54 PM

I resemble this remark. That's why I switched from the tighty whiteys to the colored briefs - until I started taking the Avodart.

esoxx
10-29-2009, 11:36 PM

I resemble this remark. That's why I switched from the tighty whiteys to the colored briefs - until I started taking the Avodart.

I just assumed you wore Depends undergarments for some time now.

MichiganPackerFan
10-30-2009, 08:02 AM

Are Partial and MOBB the same person???

sheepshead
10-30-2009, 08:37 AM

If you do not possess the passion to believe that this a very very big game, really in the teams history, maybe you do not belong on a forum like this.

gbgary
11-01-2009, 07:14 PM

that pizza was very good going down. not so much coming up.