PDA

View Full Version : V.Y. to start versus Jags!

MOBB DEEP
10-29-2009, 04:20 PM
According to the Tennessean

YES!!!!

mraynrand
10-29-2009, 04:33 PM
This is the kind of content that could really improve the home page.

Cheesehead Craig
10-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Actually this is good to see. Here's his chance to prove his critics wrong.

BallHawk
10-29-2009, 04:41 PM
http://www.epatric.com/causes/blackpower.jpg

gbpackfan
10-29-2009, 04:47 PM

YES!!!!

MOBB,

Not trying to start a "fight" here. Really! But why is this posted in the Packers' forum? How is this Packers' related? Just asking?

BallHawk
10-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Not trying to start a "fight" here. Really! But why is this posted in the Packers' forum? How is this Packers' related? Just asking?

It's not. Mobb just likes VY because he's black and his jersey number is in the ballpark of his IQ. :roll:

Partial
10-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Yeah baby! He's gon' light it up. VY is gonna take the league by storm (eventually).

BallHawk
10-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Yeah baby! He's gon' light it up. VY is gonna take the league by storm (eventually).

Vince Young is gonna dominate the NFL about as much as Len Bias dominated the NBA.

Partial
10-29-2009, 04:59 PM

Vince Young is gonna dominate the NFL about as much as Len Bias dominated the NBA.

I don't know who that is but with a name like Len Bias (close to my #1 star Jobias), I imagine he was a star.

(If you are what you say you are... a superstar... then have no fear)

LP
10-29-2009, 05:23 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Len Bias died from cocaine induced heart failure or something like that before he ever dribbled the ball in the NBA.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-29-2009, 05:24 PM

I don't know who that is but with a name like Len Bias (close to my #1 star Jobias), I imagine he was a star.

(If you are what you say you are... a superstar... then have no fear)

Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. Learn it, love it, live it.

sharpe1027
10-29-2009, 05:30 PM

Given VY is still alive, perhaps Kwame Brown would be a better fit for the analogy.

pbmax
10-29-2009, 10:49 PM

Given VY is still alive, perhaps Kwame Brown would be a better fit for the analogy.
Wow! That is just mean comparing them to Jordan's most famous Number 1 pick. :lol:

I think he might be more light Rick Merer, initial success (his rookie year was better than Bledsoe's) but then fade to Bolivia.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-30-2009, 05:04 AM

Wow! That is just mean comparing them to Jordan's most famous Number 1 pick. :lol:

I think he might be more light Rick Merer, initial success (his rookie year was better than Bledsoe's) but then fade to Bolivia.

Is that a veiled coke reference? You have some solid gossip/innuendo?

Badgerinmaine
10-30-2009, 05:52 AM
Actually this is good to see. Here's his chance to prove his critics wrong.
I agree. I hope he finally has a handle on his psychological demons. Nothing to lose for the Titans anyway--Kerry Collins isn't their future but they have to find out if Young is.
Also, it's an NFL story. Why shouldn't it be in the Packers forum, where all the other NFL news goes?

Packers4Ever
10-30-2009, 03:44 PM

YES!!!!

MOBB,

I thought we always kept a thread here for any NFL team, no?
Sorry to use this space if I'm wrong, :P

sheepshead
10-30-2009, 03:59 PM

YES!!!!

MOBB,

Yeah, why the school-girl giddiness my Packer Brother?

red
10-30-2009, 06:30 PM
theres a reason why fisher didn't want to play the guy

he has the brain capacity of an infant and the mental stability of a character from "one flew over the coo-coos nest"

he'll fall flat on his face, get boo'ed and probably hang himself in the locker room within a week on two

Scott Campbell
10-30-2009, 07:56 PM
I guess he'll finally get a chance to show off the "it" factor.

MJZiggy
10-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Reading the last two posts, I didn't know suicide had an "it" factor.

MOBB DEEP
11-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Not a bad start; VY should benefit greatly from adequate running game

ThunderDan
11-02-2009, 08:50 AM

15/18 for 125 Yards and 1 TD and TENN rushed for 305 yards. Wake me up when he plays like Favre, Brees or ARod.

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Yay! Vince Young won!

Scott Campbell
11-02-2009, 08:53 AM

Adequate?

228 yards and 2 touchdowns out of Chris Johnson. He's got more yards than AP. He's got more rushing yards than anybody in the NFL.

ThunderDan
11-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Yay! Vince Young won!

He's got "IT."

Partial
11-02-2009, 09:08 AM

15/18 for 125 Yards and 1 TD and TENN rushed for 305 yards. Wake me up when he plays like Favre, Brees or ARod.

If you think he is a pocket passer and gunslinger, than you would be wrong. He's not that type of player, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good quarterback.

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 09:14 AM

If you think he is a pocket passer and gunslinger, than you would be wrong. He's not that type of player, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good quarterback.

He won!!!! YAY!!!

pbmax
11-02-2009, 09:18 AM
I would personally love to see a Vince Young board in addition to FYI and Romper Room so we could explore this topic with some more space.

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 09:22 AM
I would personally love to see a Vince Young board in addition to FYI and Romper Room so we could explore this topic with some more space.

Just be happy that VY won! He WON! Yay!

g4orce
11-08-2009, 06:24 PM
hmm... looks like another W for Vince Young.

Partial mighta been onto something!

Partial
11-08-2009, 07:56 PM

Of course I'm onto something. He's a great player, just not a pure pocket passer.

g4orce
11-08-2009, 08:53 PM

Of course I'm onto something. He's a great player, just not a pure pocket passer.

I just wanted to point it out to those who have thoroughly ripped on you for standing by this guy, so you wouldnt have to.

Freak Out
11-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Hooray for Vince Young! :lol:

Come on guys.....Young is a hell of an athlete but the D and the running attack won the game. Fisher was smart to bench Collins and set it up like Texas used to and smash the ball down the field.

Partial
11-08-2009, 09:20 PM

I just wanted to point it out to those who have thoroughly ripped on you for standing by this guy, so you wouldnt have to.

Thanks, I appreciate it :D

Partial
11-08-2009, 09:20 PM

Come on guys.....Young is a hell of an athlete but the D and the running attack won the game. Fisher was smart to bench Collins and set it up like Texas used to and smash the ball down the field.

Damn straight, but you don't think Young helps set-up the run? Can't watch Chris Johnson as closely when you've gotta keep an eye on VY.

mraynrand
11-08-2009, 09:23 PM

Yay!

Tyrone Bigguns
11-09-2009, 12:59 AM

Damn straight, but you don't think Young helps set-up the run? Can't watch Chris Johnson as closely when you've gotta keep an eye on VY.

:lol:

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Wow, can Vince become 3-0 after today?

denverYooper
11-15-2009, 01:44 PM
He looks pretty good.

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 01:52 PM
He looks pretty good.

I guess the benching did him some good. I stil dont know what eactly happened that led to him being demoted. It was b/c he whined about booing or something?

Partial
11-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Three and oh baby!

Last time I saw the score it was 17-17. WTF happened? Chris Johnson and VY are both unreal out of this world players.

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 03:38 PM
hook 'em horns

MOBB DEEP
11-18-2009, 10:48 PM
I didnt know Vince was 21-11 as a starter and has won his last SEVEN starts

They went 13-3 with pretty much a caretaker at QB so with VYs apparent maturity they would be dumb to draft anothe qb and have to give up another high signing bonus...

Partial
11-18-2009, 10:52 PM

They went 13-3 with pretty much a caretaker at QB so with VYs apparent maturity they would be dumb to draft anothe qb and have to give up another high signing bonus...

People greatly overlook a players ability to win games. Instead, they focus on the stat sheet. I'm not at all surprised that Vince starts playing and suddenly the 0-6 team is 3-6. Instead of saying, hey, VY might be alright, everyone is just saying Chris Johnson is out of this world... Well, CJ led them to an 0-6 record to start the season...

Dude is a straight up winner.

Badgerinmaine
11-19-2009, 06:19 AM
I'm very happy for him. He went from being a heavily hyped top of the draft pick--remember how angry people were in Houston when the Texans didn't take him with their first pick?--to being booed, riding the bench, having serious psychological problems and being carved by the media and fans like a Thanksgiving turkey. He easily could have become the next Ryan Leaf. But, he fought through it, kept himself ready and when Collins was benched, he stepped up. Of course he's not the only reason they've won their last three--Tennessee was one of the best teams in the AFC last year and had been underachieving this year. But I'm very happy for him that he's come back from being down so far.

bobblehead
11-19-2009, 10:23 AM

People greatly overlook a players ability to win games. Instead, they focus on the stat sheet. I'm not at all surprised that Vince starts playing and suddenly the 0-6 team is 3-6. Instead of saying, hey, VY might be alright, everyone is just saying Chris Johnson is out of this world... Well, CJ led them to an 0-6 record to start the season...

Dude is a straight up winner.
Partial, this is a very talented team...I actually might have picked them to be in the AFCC, can't recall for sure.

Most people don't "focus" on the stat sheet, they use it to support an argument. ARod is playing good football, he has flaws too. The stat sheet supports the argument that he isn't "losing" the games. The same stat sheet might also support the argument that VY is the beneficiery of a talented team turning it around.

Q: Have you watched the VY led Titans? Did you watch them prior to him? They look like a different team. NFL teams go thru ups and downs.

Now I'm not saying he ISN'T playing well, I'm saying there are about 5 reasons they are winning lately that have nothing to do with VY, just as there are about 500 reasons the pack is losing (and winning) that have nothing to do with ARod. ARod has had exactly ONE bad game this season, and I would put the dallas game as probably middle of the road for him.

This is a TEAM game, but the QB is undoubtedly the most important position, HOWEVER he can't win or lose all by his lonesome.....ok, if his name is cutler he might be able to lose all by his lonesome.

Cheesehead Craig
11-19-2009, 10:30 AM
One thing is that since VY started is that TN has gone much more run heavy.

Johnson has gone from 16 carries/game to 25 on avg.

Collins threw an avg of 33 passes/game to VY throwing 21

So it seems that the Titans are relying much more on the ground game while Vince has been the QB.

Add in that the defense went from giving up 33 ppg in the first 6 games to 19 ppg in the last 3 and there's several reasons for the Titan's turnaround.

Seems they had a "come to Jesus" meeting themselves during the bye week.

Scott Campbell
11-19-2009, 12:17 PM
If VY was all that he surely would have beat out ancient journeyman Kerry Collins long ago. And Vince didn't even win the starting gig - Collins lost it. Partial has him massively over-rated. VY would still be on the bench if Bud Adams hadn't flipped off Jeff Fisher. And the Titans QB position has been upgraded from horrible to marginally adequate.

MOBB DEEP
11-23-2009, 12:36 PM
First game in prime time tonite: will he have coming out performance and lead Tenn to 4th straight W?

mraynrand
11-23-2009, 12:46 PM
First game in prime time tonite: will he have coming out performance and lead Tenn to 4th straight W?

Vince Young is gay?

mraynrand
11-23-2009, 12:47 PM

So it seems that the Titans are relying much more on the ground game while Vince has been the QB.

Add in that the defense went from giving up 33 ppg in the first 6 games to 19 ppg in the last 3 and there's several reasons for the Titan's turnaround.

Good analysis.

steve823
11-23-2009, 02:31 PM

Completely agree.I don't get some of these ridiculous posts stating that Vince Young is god. Clearly he is not, he has shown his inability to be a consistent passer and couldn't even start over Collins for a while. This offense IMO revolves around Chris Johnson and their offensive line. You can add in their Te's and maybe some rollouts and running with VY ,but without Chirs Johnson and their O-line VY would look like Culpepper did in Detroit.

SkinBasket
11-23-2009, 04:28 PM
In related news Jack Ikegwuonu played professional football for the first time this weekend. He didn't record any stats.

TennesseePackerBacker
11-23-2009, 04:42 PM
I have to watch the Titans just about every week if I'm not at a sports bar watching the Pack. Injuries tore apart the team very early in the year, especially to their secondary. A defense learning how to play without their best defensive player and missing several key starters from last year can be down right awful. One player can matter in the NFL. Coaches are so great at scheming these days that they can find 1 or 2 places of weakness and attack relentlessly.

Vince Young is no great quarterback. He is a great playmaker, but has the uncanny ability to actually lose games for his team they should have won. This is why he was ousted to begin with. Out of all the games we have watched Rodgers play he has not single-handedly lost us one game. The same can't be said for VY, or even Favre for that matter(she's a witch!).

Before you go annoiting Vince you need to realize that he will never be able to win with an inferior defense. VY just cannot pass the ball 40 times a game and win.

SnakeLH2006
11-23-2009, 05:37 PM
In related news Jack Ikegwuonu played professional football for the first time this weekend. He didn't record any stats.

Wasn't he projected to be a 1st rounder CB pick out of WI a few years back...I think he blew his knee out and slipped to the 3rd or so. Same guy, Skin? He has helluva talent/size if he's healthy.

Partial
11-23-2009, 06:04 PM

Good analysis. Johnson is definitely getting more touches and is a stud. Perhaps they're throwing the ball less and less because of preceding as well as being in games (not being down -- thus having to throw).

It is true that Young would not be starting if it wasn't for Adams but that doesn't mean he isn't doing well with his opportunity. Fisher is said to be extremely loyal to his guys and was going to stick with Collins, is my understanding, anyway.

It will be interesting to see what he does tonight but I suspect he leads his team to a win.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2009, 06:10 PM

Good analysis. Johnson is definitely getting more touches and is a stud. Perhaps they're throwing the ball less and less because of preceding as well as being in games (not being down -- thus having to throw).

It is true that Young would not be starting if it wasn't for Adams but that doesn't mean he isn't doing well with his opportunity. Fisher is said to be extremely loyal to his guys and was going to stick with Collins, is my understanding, anyway.

It will be interesting to see what he does tonight but I suspect he leads his team to a win.

Loyalty? Young lost his job to Collins under Fisher's watch. It didn't seem like loyalty played a role there.

Collins threw 33 passes per game which is low. For comparison, Rodgers threw 45 times yesterday. 21 times a game is unusually low.

They've scaled back the playbook to cover up VY's inadequacies. But he's a hell of a runner.

SnakeLH2006
11-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Loyalty? Young lost his job to Collins under Fisher's watch. It didn't seem like loyalty played a role there. 21 times a game is unusually low.

They've scaled back the playbook to cover up VY's inadequacies.

That's it in a nutshell, Scott. Vince lost his job because he couldn't learn the playbook/routes/read the D to Fisher's liking (been reported repeatedly in the media). Also, Fischer wanted a guy who could run the offense and do the things he wanted to minimize mistakes. Collins was that guy. Being 0-6, with a crappy D and beat up team, it was time to see if Vince could do anything, so more power to him, but it was definitely Bud Adam's call, and not Coach Fisher's decision to play VY again.

MichiganPackerFan
11-24-2009, 08:59 AM
Chris Johnson is fun to watch. It seems like he can move as fast laterally as he can north-south.

SkinBasket
11-24-2009, 11:11 AM

Wasn't he projected to be a 1st rounder CB pick out of WI a few years back...I think he blew his knee out and slipped to the 3rd or so. Same guy, Skin? He has helluva talent/size if he's healthy.

Some people thought he was a 1st rounder. Some people thought he was a top 10 pick because their roomate's sister's cousin's babysitter's boyfriend had drinks with his agent and guaranteed as much.

Others - notably some pro scouts - thought he wasn't worth more than a 3rd or 4th before he blew out his knee. Philly obviously thought he was worth the gamble of a 4th. He had the size and measurables, but his talent was overhyped by some, mostly those who were fans, his mental ability to play in a defensive system was questionable, and he had a couple off-field thug moments involving pills, pot, and burglary. He spent most of last season on the PS, and only now - almost 2 years after the injury has he seen the field, so I'm not convinced he's ever going to be anything other than a 4th or 5th DB. The knee injury does provide a convenient, though legitimate, excuse for those who had him as top 10 talent, I suppose. It's too bad he couldn't fail on his own though so those people could be proven wrong.

Sparkey
11-24-2009, 11:17 AM

I saw them running the option for him. Something he was comfortable with in Texas. However, down the road, defenses will do a better job of preparing for Young and then we will see.

They seem to be playing better since Fischer wore Manning's jersey at that charity benefit. Hmmmm.

MOBB DEEP
11-24-2009, 04:36 PM

I saw them running the option for him. Something he was comfortable with in Texas. However, down the road, defenses will do a better job of preparing for Young and then we will see.

They seem to be playing better since Fischer wore Manning's jersey at that charity benefit. Hmmmm.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MOBB DEEP
11-29-2009, 06:13 PM
He's won FIVE straight!

red
11-29-2009, 06:19 PM
go figure

last year cutler looked like a god and vy looked like a complete bust

all of a sudden cutler looks like a joke and VY is unstopable. and leinart remains the same, sucky

channtheman
11-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Quite amazing how VY has turned it all around. I'm happy for him. He looked like a joke that couldn't take criticism but it looks like he took it seriously and look at him now.

th87
11-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Gotta give credit to Partial here. VY does seem to have the grit to elevate his game and get things done when things are on the line.

There are things in football and in life that aren't quantifiable, and this seems to be one of them.

Will he be elite though? I don't think I see it. And to compare him to Rodgers isn't fair because they are completely different quarterbacks. Rodgers learns and Young instinctively "feels".

Partial
11-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Quite amazing how VY has turned it all around. I'm happy for him. He looked like a joke that couldn't take criticism but it looks like he took it seriously and look at him now.

Give him some credit. He was always playing well. Guy was ROTY and led a team to the playoffs. He wasn't passing well. There IS a huge difference imo.

He got hurt, lost his starting job (and had some mental problems admittedly), but didn't get his job back because of A) the team was rolling and B) the distraction of said mental problems.

Y'all acted like he was done after his little breakdown. How many players has something like that happened to? He said it wasn't a big deal, something that was blown out of proportion. Who was I not to believe the man involved?

Guy is a stud. He's not a pocket passer. He's a winner. I've said it all along and am glad others are coming around.

Scott Campbell
11-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Monster game for Vince today. WTF was Fisher thinking keeping him on the bench this long. Oh, and Partial - I told you so.

Partial
11-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Monster game for Vince today. WTF was Fisher thinking keeping him on the bench this long. Oh, and Partial - I told you so.

I don't get it?

gbgary
11-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Monster game for Vince today.

couldn't believe that last drive...99 yds, 3 (or was it 4) 4th downs converted and the last being the winning td. needed that for my company pick 'em game.

Partial
11-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Unfortunately, the golden boy's playoff shots will likely go down the tubes next week :(

Still, if they go 8-2 or 7-3 after starting 0-6 that is HUGELY impressive.

Freak Out
11-29-2009, 09:08 PM
VY was one of those guys that needed to sit and watch for a couple of years and learn the pro game....instead when he hit a few hurdles he went down and almost folded. It's good to see he's getting it going. That team has some wicked talent and can be very scary if he stays consistent.

Freak Out
11-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Props to the Birdman Bud for telling his coach to play the guy as well.

TennesseePackerBacker
11-29-2009, 09:11 PM
VY was one of those guys that needed to sit and watch for a couple of years and learn the pro game....instead when he hit a few hurdles he went down and almost folded. It's good to see he's getting it going. That team has some wicked talent and can be very scary if he stays consistent.

I know one things for sure. If the Titans are on my remaining schedule I'm worried. Teams typically do this every year. The Bears are folding and the Titans are rising, fast.

Partial
11-29-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't want to come off as rubbing it in your faces, but a lot of you guys were huge pricks to me over this. This stat is pretty telling right here.

"Young won his ninth straight start and improved to 23-11 in his career by driving the Titans 99 yards on 18 plays in the final 2:37. He converted three fourth downs on the drive, two to Britt. He threw for a career-high 387 yards in beating Leinart in their first meeting as professionals and first overall since the BCS national championship in January 2006."

channtheman
11-29-2009, 10:47 PM
I'll add, if Warner played, the game wouldn't have even been close.

Cheesehead Craig
11-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Big props to Vince, he did it.

BallHawk
11-29-2009, 11:29 PM
Still don't buy him as a franchise QB. He's a solid starter, but he's never gonna live up to his draft position.

Bossman641
11-29-2009, 11:38 PM
Still don't buy him as a franchise QB. He's a solid starter, but he's never gonna live up to his draft position.

I agree. He certainly has played better than I expected but still feel like he has just been along for the ride, other then today. Chris Johnson is carrying that team - record tying 6th straight games with 125+ yards, and the most rushing yards EVER in November.

Can somebody who watched the game explain to me how the Titans had so many yards and so few points?

532 yards and only 20 points? They only had 1 turnover, and the kicker was 2/2. Were they just driving to Arizona's 45 like every time and then punting?

channtheman
11-29-2009, 11:41 PM

I agree. He certainly has played better than I expected but still feel like he has just been along for the ride, other then today. Chris Johnson is carrying that team - record tying 6th straight games with 125+ yards, and the most rushing yards EVER in November.

Can somebody who watched the game explain to me how the Titans had so many yards and so few points?

532 yards and only 20 points? They only had 1 turnover, and the kicker was 2/2. Were they just driving to Arizona's 45 like every time and then punting?

I just sorta watched, but Tennessee's first 2 drives went down to the goal line I believe before they kicked really short field goals. Think the Packers. We drive 85 yards only to kick a field goal and that'll kill you.

Later in the game Tennessee completed a 50 yard pass but the receiver fumbled it.

Partial
11-29-2009, 11:49 PM

LOL, love how everybody is taking credit away from Vince... Chris Johnson was playing and playing well earlier in the year too. Could it possibly be that since Vince came into the game (another threat) defensives couldn't solely account for Johnson!?!?!

Naaaaaahhhhh. That would require too much critical thinking!

Fact is this. They went from down in the dumps 0-6 to 5-6 on the arm and legs of this guy, who is > 66% winning percentage historically, with 9 straight wins under his belt.

You can say the D is playing better or Johnson this Johnson that, but what changed? Maybe the D is playing better because Young is keeping the O on the field more and keeping them fresher? Maybe Johnson is going off because Young is opening things up?

Naaaaaaaaahhhhhh. Easier just to take credit away from the hot hand on a 9 game winning streak.

Bossman641
11-30-2009, 12:02 AM

LOL, love how everybody is taking credit away from Vince... Chris Johnson was playing and playing well earlier in the year too. Could it possibly be that since Vince came into the game (another threat) defensives couldn't solely account for Johnson!?!?!

Naaaaaahhhhh. That would require too much critical thinking!

Fact is this. They went from down in the dumps 0-6 to 5-6 on the arm and legs of this guy, who is > 66% winning percentage historically, with 9 straight wins under his belt.

You can say the D is playing better or Johnson this Johnson that, but what changed? Maybe the D is playing better because Young is keeping the O on the field more and keeping them fresher? Maybe Johnson is going off because Young is opening things up?

Naaaaaaaaahhhhhh. Easier just to take credit away from the hot hand on a 9 game winning streak.

The Titans were severely underperforming during their start. It's not like people expected them to play that poorly. In addition, they were working in a new D coordinator who had never served as a coordinator before.

Lol at you trying to knock someone on critical thinking.

Partial 2008 - The Packers are the same exact team as in 2007 except they replaced Favre with Rodgers. Rodgers is responsible for the losses.

Forum - But Partial, what about the vastly inferior special teams and defense

Partial 2008 (Searching for response) - No, Rodgers is at fault. He doesn't have it

Partial
11-30-2009, 12:08 AM
Packers were largely the same team too and I have little doubt the D suffered as a result of the decrease in quality of O. I've stated numerous times my belief that in order to play good D and ST you need good O. To play good O you need good D and ST. To play good ST you need good D and Good O.

You put the previous QB on this Packers team and they are the team to beat in the NFC without a doubt.

Titans underachieved? According to whom? It's about what I expected with a horrible QB starting and letting go a superstar. They got hot last year and faded in the crunch. They were overrated all year imho. We hung with them and we were an inept team.

Zool
11-30-2009, 12:58 AM
Lost the first 3 games by a total of 10 points. Honked the next 3 and then the D stepped up. I doubt Kerry Collins had much to do with the Pats putting up 59.

BallHawk
11-30-2009, 01:02 AM
Partial, if you think that Chris Johnson is performing so well because defenses are busy scheming to shut down Vince Young, Vince freakin' Young....well, then I guess anything else I would say from here on is meaningless.

MOBB DEEP
11-30-2009, 03:21 AM
"Young won his ninth straight start and improved to 23-11 in his career

Yo son, that's amazing

retailguy
11-30-2009, 08:45 AM
I don't want to come off as rubbing it in your faces, but a lot of you guys were huge pricks to me over this. This stat is pretty telling right here.

"Young won his ninth straight start and improved to 23-11 in his career by driving the Titans 99 yards on 18 plays in the final 2:37. He converted three fourth downs on the drive, two to Britt. He threw for a career-high 387 yards in beating Leinart in their first meeting as professionals and first overall since the BCS national championship in January 2006."

How else could this post come off, except rubbing it in our faces?

Partial, funny, but no where in this post did you mention that the OL has only given up 11 sacks all year, and only 7 before the Cardinals? What do you suppose would happen, if, Young was sacked more often? Do you think he'd be putting up Pro Bowl numbers like Aaron Rodgers?

The TEAM has improved down there, and Young has been one of the sparks for that improvement. But don't forget about the other aspects of the team, they are important too. :roll:

pbmax
11-30-2009, 09:18 AM

Yo son, that's amazing
Speaking of critical thinking:
Vince Young's Nine Game as Starter in a Regular Season Because During This Streak The Chosen One Lost a Playoff Game Also Regardless of Leaving the Game While Losing Win Streak:

2007-12-16 @ KAN W 26-17
2007-12-23 NYJ W 10-6
2007-12-30 @ IND W 16-10 (Losing to Colts 10-7 when Young leaves game and Collins comes in - Also the game in which Dungy and Fisher had an agreement that Dungy wouldn't use his timeouts to get the ball back at the end of the game)
2007-01-06 @ SD L 6-17 (Playoffs)
2008-09-07 JAX W 17-10
2009-11-01 JAX W 30-13
2009-11-08 @ SFO W 34-27
2009-11-15 BUF W 41-17
2009-11-23 @ HOU W 20-17
2009-11-29 ARI W 20-17

Not so much a winning streak as a winning donut. :lol:

MOBB DEEP
11-30-2009, 09:30 AM

Yo son, that's amazing

Ha Ha Ha Ha...

Hey, should VY be getting MVP consideration?

gbgary
11-30-2009, 10:42 AM

Yo son, that's amazing

Ha Ha Ha Ha...

Hey, should VY be getting MVP consideration?

he would be if he'd played all season. others have too big of a head start on him for this season.

he was poised too during those drives in the second half. he never has a panicked look on his face. very calm it seemed. like him a lot.

Partial
11-30-2009, 10:47 AM
I don't think he's playing like an MVP. Rodgers is playing better right now but also has way better receiving weapons. Young isn't ever going to put up gaudy stats but he will win and make plays when the game is on the line, which is ultimately what you want from your extension-of-coach.

pbmax
11-30-2009, 12:02 PM
I don't think he's playing like an MVP. Rodgers is playing better right now but also has way better receiving weapons. Young isn't ever going to put up gaudy stats but he will win and make plays when the game is on the line, which is ultimately what you want from your extension-of-coach.
Because he is a threat running and passing, teams cannot play a typical defense against him. Very much like Randall Cunningham. And because his skill set appears in the NFL once a generation (I think the jury is still out on Vick's comeback) it takes extra time to figure him and the offense out. But it will happen and if he sticks around for a couple of years, then we'll have an answer.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Because he is a threat running and passing, teams cannot play a typical defense against him. Very much like Randall Cunningham. And because his skill set appears in the NFL once a generation (I think the jury is still out on Vick's comeback) it takes extra time to figure him and the offense out. But it will happen and if he sticks around for a couple of years, then we'll have an answer.

As much as Ty has ripped on VY, his running ability had virtually no impact in the Cards game. Ty watched the entire game, benefit of living in AZ, and the gameplan was clearly to keep VY in the pocket..which they did. VY beat them in the pocket.

VY looked good, but the game was more about Warner not being in the game. The cards scored 13 points on offense..that ain't gonna happen most games with Warner.

VY gets credit where it is due..the game winning drive was impressive (though, his low delivery point is gonna be problematic forever)...but, the game shoulda never been close.

channtheman
12-01-2009, 12:20 AM

As much as Ty has ripped on VY, his running ability had virtually no impact in the Cards game. Ty watched the entire game, benefit of living in AZ, and the gameplan was clearly to keep VY in the pocket..which they did. VY beat them in the pocket.

VY looked good, but the game was more about Warner not being in the game. The cards scored 13 points on offense..that ain't gonna happen most games with Warner.

VY gets credit where it is due..the game winning drive was impressive (though, his low delivery point is gonna be problematic forever)...but, the game shoulda never been close.

Yeah pretty much the bolded points. I said this a few pages back. Warner plays, games not even close and Partial doesn't get to bump this thread.

MOBB DEEP
12-06-2009, 06:19 AM
Can VY lead the Titans to a W against Indy, giving them their 1st loss?

If so, comeback player of the year???

Tyrone Bigguns
12-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Can VY lead the Titans to a W against Indy, giving them their 1st loss?

If so, comeback player of the year???

Over Lord Favre?

Sparkey
12-06-2009, 06:00 PM
short answer ....... NO, he can not.

channtheman
12-07-2009, 12:25 PM
short answer ....... NO, he can not.

Shortest answer: no. :lol:

SkinBasket
12-18-2009, 10:41 AM
I was reading a story about our dearly departed Mr. Henry, when I thought about Steve Mcnair, which naturally led me to remember Vince Young. I was just wondering where this thread had gone since the Vince led Titans lost to the Colts and Collins came into the game last week and led his team to 47 points and a win.

Just wondering... Do the remaining Young supporters still believe Vince was behind the resurgence of the Titans or was the Rams game evidence enough that their wins recently have been a team effort? If anyone still believes Young was the catalyst behind the wins or is some special talent, then what does that make Collins?

pbmax
12-18-2009, 11:53 AM
I was reading a story about our dearly departed Mr. Henry, when I thought about Steve Mcnair, which naturally led me to remember Vince Young. I was just wondering where this thread had gone since the Vince led Titans lost to the Colts and Collins came into the game last week and led his team to 47 points and a win.

Just wondering... Do the remaining Young supporters still believe Vince was behind the resurgence of the Titans or was the Rams game evidence enough that their wins recently have been a team effort? If anyone still believes Young was the catalyst behind the wins or is some special talent, then what does that make Collins?
Vince Young is a game changer. Kerry Collins is a game stay-the-samer.

The 47 points were clearly due to the fear of Vince 'Game Changer' Young's return.

Cheesehead Craig
12-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Young is getting his ass kicked (as is the rest of TN) vs the Chargers.

Pugger
12-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Come back player of the year? I've been hearing Orton's name kicked around.

I wonder if after last night's dominating performance by SD Rivers' name will be added to the list of possible MVP candidates...?

MOBB DEEP
01-21-2010, 12:50 PM
VY to probowl!

YES!

2nd one in 4 years in the tough AFC

denverYooper
01-21-2010, 01:11 PM
VY to probowl!

YES!

After Brady, BenBurger and Rivers dropped out...

SkinBasket
01-21-2010, 02:00 PM
VY to probowl!

YES!

Less than 59% completion for 1879 yards, 10 TD, 7 INT, 8 fumbles, and 9 sacks. Might as well have sent JaMarcus Russell.

gbgary
01-21-2010, 06:54 PM
VY to probowl!

YES!

Less than 59% completion for 1879 yards, 10 TD, 7 INT, 8 fumbles, and 9 sacks. Might as well have sent JaMarcus Russell.

night and day imo.

MOBB DEEP
01-23-2010, 11:23 PM
VY to probowl!

YES!

not vince's fault

so he shouldnt feel SOME honor after not starting for all those games?

if he was your brother u would be happy for him no?!

Cheesehead Craig
01-24-2010, 12:41 PM
VY to probowl!

YES!

not vince's fault

Really? He's your brother? :roll:

ThunderDan
01-24-2010, 12:57 PM
VY to probowl!

YES!

not vince's fault

Really? He's your brother? :roll:

And Steve McNair and some other guys that were in his college fraternity at other campuses around the US who he has probably never met.

If we did that I have like 3 Presidential brothers, 1 Supreme Court Brother, Numerous College BB Coach brothers, Senators, Sports Agents, Numerous Football, Baseball and Basketball brothers etc etc

All I have to do is find my pledge book again and see who all the famous people were in the back of the book. Not that I ever met a one of them.

SkinBasket
01-25-2010, 09:06 AM
VY to probowl!

YES!

night and day imo.

Fair enough. Brady Quinn would have been a much more apt comparison. Too bad Quinn didn't win the national championship in dramatic fashion. Maybe he would be regarded with the same amount of mythical talent as Vince if he had.

SkinBasket
02-01-2010, 10:36 AM
The mighty Vince Young:

6/12 47 yards and 1 INT. Ran once for all of 2 yards. Rating of 25.3. Even DeSean Jackson had a better QB rating for throwing an incomplete pass. Game changer!

ThunderDan
02-01-2010, 11:15 AM
The mighty Vince Young:

6/12 47 yards and 1 INT. Ran once for all of 2 yards. Rating of 25.3. Even DeSean Jackson had a better QB rating for throwing an incomplete pass. Game changer!

It really makes you wonder! He put up pretty good numbers for a while this year. I think it shows that if he isn't completely confortable in an offense he reverts back to his "bad" ways.

SkinBasket
02-01-2010, 12:14 PM
The mighty Vince Young:

It really makes you wonder! He put up pretty good numbers for a while this year. I think it shows that if he isn't completely confortable in an offense he reverts back to his "bad" ways.

By "comfortable" you not having to throw the ball? Anthony Dilwig had some nice games in 1990 too, but I don't recall him going to the Pro Bowl.

ThunderDan
02-01-2010, 12:28 PM
The mighty Vince Young:

By "comfortable" you not having to throw the ball? Anthony Dilwig had some nice games in 1990 too, but I don't recall him going to the Pro Bowl.

Now stop that. I didn't in any shape or form say that VY was deserving of a Pro Bowl appearance.

He improved his QB rating by 10 points over any other year he has had. He had 4 game with a QB rating of 100 or better (one was 99.7). Of course two of those "great" games he had 125 and 132 yards throwing.

It seemed like VY improved this year. I guess that's all I'm saying, which for where VY was isn't saying a lot!

SkinBasket
02-01-2010, 01:21 PM
The mighty Vince Young:

Now stop that. I didn't in any shape or form say that VY was deserving of a Pro Bowl appearance.

He improved his QB rating by 10 points over any other year he has had. He had 4 game with a QB rating of 100 or better (one was 99.7). Of course two of those "great" games he had 125 and 132 yards throwing.

It seemed like VY improved this year. I guess that's all I'm saying, which for where VY was isn't saying a lot!

Yeah, I noticed that one of those great games, QB rating wise, he threw 8 passes. And in Dilwig's defense, his 1990 season was pretty similar to VY's year this year. Just sayin...

DAYUM!

Sparkey
02-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Just another example of why the Pro Bowl is a joke.

Then you get rooks like Matthews who get picked as an alternate, then have to sit in a game and play coverage all game because the game wont let them use the skills that made them get an invite to the pro bowl to begin with.