PDA

View Full Version : Moron steal rodgers street sign

red
10-31-2009, 01:58 PM
from pft

Green Bay man arrested for stealing Aaron Rodgers Drive sign
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 31, 2009 2:01 PM ET
A man trying to steal the brand new street sign to "Aaron Rodgers Drive" in Green Bay has been intercepted.

Early Saturday morning, a Green Bay police officer noticed a car driving with a "strange green glow" coming from the automobile's interior. He pulled the car over, and inside was the sign in Rodgers' honor we told you about Friday.

This was probably inevitable from the minute the city of Green Bay changed "Minnesota Ave" to "Aaron Rodgers Drive." It was also inevitable that said criminal wouldn't be smart enough to put a blanket over the sign once it was in the car. The street name will be put back Saturday, then revert to its usual name on Monday, as planned.

This apparently wasn't a Vikings fan in town for the weekend. The man, who smelled like alcohol but passed sobriety tests, apparently told co-workers he was going to try to steal it.

The driver said he knew it was going to be sold for charity, and that he, um, was going to sell it for charity too.

And if you believe that, you probably also believe this Sunday's game is just "one of 16" for Brett Favre and the man whose name is on the stolen sign.

Permalink 7 Comments

i say they deport him

retailguy
10-31-2009, 02:17 PM
I didn't realize that Favre was already in town? :shock: :P

sheepshead
10-31-2009, 02:30 PM

:worship:

RashanGary
10-31-2009, 03:09 PM

:worship:

That one went over my head. Why would brINT be coming to steal our sign?

red
10-31-2009, 03:52 PM
lol