PDA

View Full Version : Dear esoxx, Please Start The Official Gameday Thread.

Scott Campbell
11-01-2009, 08:56 AM
It's time.

denverYooper
11-01-2009, 09:22 AM
+1

MJZiggy
11-01-2009, 09:32 AM
+2 Dude, you have responsibilities here!!

Fritz
11-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Vandermause echoes what I've been thinking this week:

"Packers General Manager Ted Thompson has been methodically constructing this team for nearly five years, and this could be a defining moment in that development."

This game is way bigger than "Brett Favre returns." This is about whether the Packers are going to challenge for the division title or end up chasing after a wild card berth.

If they lose today and end up out of the playoffs with the team healthy, the end of the season might also be the end of the line for McCarthy and possibly Thompson.

They win today, and the players' confidence builds, and the second half should be a lot more fun.

I say all this unofficially, being as this is not the official game day thread.

Esoxx? Let's go.

GrnBay007
11-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Officially I'm very nervous....I took the Bears in my survival pool. :shock:

MJZiggy
11-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Why would you do a crazy thing like that? (says the person who was out by week 2)

Scott Campbell
11-01-2009, 10:12 AM

Don't be. The Bears will win that one going away.

GrnBay007
11-01-2009, 10:13 AM
they are favored by 13 pts. at home. U would think they could pull this out.

Wanted to save a couple of my other good teams for the upcoming weeks.

oh well.....it's only a 4500 pool. :doh:

sheepshead
11-01-2009, 10:15 AM
This is it--no Berrian today???

red
11-01-2009, 10:26 AM

i did it too dub-0

red
11-01-2009, 10:28 AM

"Packers General Manager Ted Thompson has been methodically constructing this team for nearly five years, and this could be a defining moment in that development."

This game is way bigger than "Brett Favre returns." This is about whether the Packers are going to challenge for the division title or end up chasing after a wild card berth.

If they lose today and end up out of the playoffs with the team healthy, the end of the season might also be the end of the line for McCarthy and possibly Thompson.

They win today, and the players' confidence builds, and the second half should be a lot more fun.

Esoxx? Let's go.

good stuff fritz

i think it would be even worse if we fail and favre does great

m3 better have his team fired up and ready for this like the fans are

BallHawk
11-01-2009, 10:42 AM
He's still got a few hours....but if we get to 2:30 CT and there's no thread, I think we're gonna need to find a replacement.

wist43
11-01-2009, 10:43 AM

Esoxx? Let's go.

Neither MM or TT is going anywhere... they both just signed extensions a while ago, didn't they??? The Packers aren't going to eat two big contracts like that... TT and MM are here for the foreseeable future.

red
11-01-2009, 10:52 AM

Esoxx? Let's go.

Neither MM or TT is going anywhere... they both just signed extensions a while ago, didn't they??? The Packers aren't going to eat two big contracts like that... TT and MM are here for the foreseeable future.

mike sherman was fired one season after signing his extension

Brandon494
11-01-2009, 11:08 AM

Esoxx? Let's go.

Thats funny, MM and Thompson aren't going anywhere next year.

Fritz
11-01-2009, 11:19 AM

Esoxx? Let's go.

You think that, Brandon, sure - but you don't know that.

I am a Thompson supporter and thus to some degree a McCarthy supporter too. But I can see a scenario in which a healthy Packer team goes 7-9 and MM is shown the door. And maybe Thomspon, too, if the offensive line he's built (or not built) plays shabbily and if Grant does not play up to his contract.

Never say never.

I'm hoping it does not fall that way - I'd like a win today, thanks, good team health, and a division title - but it could happen differently.

Scott Campbell
11-01-2009, 11:53 AM
mike sherman was fired one season after signing his extension

That wasn't a typical extension. He got it just to avoid lame duck status. Sherman got fired one year after getting fired as the GM.

Brandon494
11-01-2009, 12:43 PM

Esoxx? Let's go.

You think that, Brandon, sure - but you don't know that.

I am a Thompson supporter and thus to some degree a McCarthy supporter too. But I can see a scenario in which a healthy Packer team goes 7-9 and MM is shown the door. And maybe Thomspon, too, if the offensive line he's built (or not built) plays shabbily and if Grant does not play up to his contract.

Never say never.

I'm hoping it does not fall that way - I'd like a win today, thanks, good team health, and a division title - but it could happen differently.

Trust me, TT is not going anywhere no matter what we finish this season. MM has done an excellent job with AR and I don't see TT trying to seperate them. I think we are very close to becoming a great team. When our offense is on and AR gets protection we are one of the best teams at scoring . Our defense is under its first year in the 3-4 and so far we have seen them much improved from their 24th ranking of last season. We also have emerging young players starting to break out in CJ Matthews, J Finley, Jordy Nelson, T.J. Lang, Quin Johnson, and hopefully Raji. Would make no sense to clean house and change everything now IMO.

MichiganPackerFan
11-01-2009, 02:25 PM
What's the precedent on who starts the thread? Always Mr Esoxx?

MJZiggy
11-01-2009, 02:36 PM
If we win, the person who started the thread they won on keeps starting the gameday thread until we lose.

red
11-01-2009, 02:40 PM
of course if we lose today there will be a public stoning of him after the game

http://www.bleedyellow.com/blogs/texasswede/resource/BLOGS_UPLOADED_IMAGES/monty_python_brian_stoning.jpg

esoxx
11-01-2009, 04:03 PM
As long as you bring the bong we'll hit the chronic.