PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Vikings vs. Packers Game Day Thread - Act II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Tyrone Bigguns
11-01-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm sick of being a fan of a Mike McCarthy and TT led team. They must get the hell out of town.

Yea I'm officially done after this week. I've been on the "wait and see" train for the last couple years and this team just doesn't seem to be improving much. We're not 4-12 bad, but we're maybe 8-8. This is unacceptable after TT's had 3 years.

We beat TB next week and we are 5-3 at the halway point. But, sure Doom and Gloom if you want.... :roll:

Okay, and then the hard part of the schedule starts... This team is not a playoff team.

Not even close. Even if we did get in we'd get blasted by any real playoff team.

Yeah, that would suck being an unreal playoff team.

Sparkey
11-01-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm sick of being a fan of a Mike McCarthy and TT led team. They must get the hell out of town.

Yea I'm officially done after this week. I've been on the "wait and see" train for the last couple years and this team just doesn't seem to be improving much. We're not 4-12 bad, but we're maybe 8-8. This is unacceptable after TT's had 3 years.

We beat TB next week and we are 5-3 at the halway point. But, sure Doom and Gloom if you want.... :roll:

It's not doom and gloom, it's being a realist. If we beat Tampa so what. Are we world beaters again? Wow huge wins against the Bears, Lions, Rams, Browns and Bucs. Killed against the Vikings twice and the Bengals. It is what it is..

Killed ?

31-3 or 23-0 is killed. They lost three times to two of the better teams in the NFL. Killed is what the Eagles did to the Giants today.

red
11-01-2009, 06:40 PM
I think its time to consider a coaching change.

O-line HAS to be a priority in the offseason.

At least because of the youth, we're not waiting on a window to close. (Maybe harris and woodson)

You change the coach, you prepared to lose DC?

what if you bring in coach chin?

dom was his DC

imscott72
11-01-2009, 06:41 PM

Okay, and then the hard part of the schedule starts... This team is not a playoff team.

playoffs: Ty have never once stated they were a playoff team. They are a 9-10 win team. That may or may not be good enough for the playoffs.

5-3: You don't think we can win 4 games to reach 9 wins? Sorry, but i see us winning Lions, 49ers, Seahawks, Bears, and Cards to get to 10. And the cowboys aren't any better than us.

Beat the 49ers? LOL..They almost beat the Colts in Indy..Try again. All those games are going to be close. We aren't any better than any of those teams you listed besides the Lions.

Partial
Brett had a really good interview post game. Near tears.

imscott72

Not even close. Even if we did get in we'd get blasted by any real playoff team.

I'd rather not get in than get in and get creamed.

Bossman641
11-01-2009, 06:44 PM

playoffs: Ty have never once stated they were a playoff team. They are a 9-10 win team. That may or may not be good enough for the playoffs.

5-3: You don't think we can win 4 games to reach 9 wins? Sorry, but i see us winning Lions, 49ers, Seahawks, Bears, and Cards to get to 10. And the cowboys aren't any better than us.

Beat the 49ers? LOL..They almost beat the Colts in Indy..Try again. All those games are going to be close. We aren't any better than any of those teams you listed besides the Lions.

And the Raiders beat the Eagles. An Eagles team that killed the Giants today. Any Sunday.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-01-2009, 06:44 PM

I don't care what you said.

Dallas is starting to click. You think we'll be able to stop there pass rush? I do not.

I think you're being awfully optimistic.

I dont' think so. More like realistic.

Bears: at home, our d has been getting better and better. No reason to think we can't win.
49s: at home. 49ers play hard, but they aren't a good team or better than us.
Lions: C'mon.
Cards: They aren't great. Just lost to Carolina today.
Seahawks: C'mon.

Cowboys. I didn't pick us to win, but they aren't some sort of world beaters. No reason to think we can't beat them.

Partial
11-01-2009, 06:45 PM
1-2-3 KICK ASS! YEAH!

imscott72
11-01-2009, 06:45 PM

And the Raiders beat the Eagles. An Eagles team that killed the Giants today. Any Sunday.

Sure, but Ty already claiming victory against teams like the 49ers, Hawks, Bears, and Cards in being quite optimistic.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-01-2009, 06:46 PM
hey...notice how all the positive posters have gone silent :P

They haven't. Nice try though.

You're such a prick.

Ty starting more arguments? Shocking.. :roll:

Explain to me exactly what i'm causing? Read the posts, and tell us what i said.

You're always in here poking people with a stick and when someone disagrees with you, you argue and argue your point until people just get sick of it. It's like you refuse to believe someone could actually disagree with you. Have you always been such a "right fighter"?
Not the righteous TY? Say it aint so?!! I mean he is NEVER wrong. :roll:

Translation: I look really stupid for slagging the pack early in the game. Wow, they looked like a completely different team in the second half. Wow, they are improving. Bears have no chance against the pack at Lambeau. Gonna really suck losing 2 to you guys this year. oh, well, i'll just pop in the ol superbowl shuffle vid and put on my punky headband.
Umm, ok...I guess the Packers getting 47 yards in the first half was an improvement from....? EXACTLY. Like the previous poster said, you just cannot admit when you are wrong. Sad. But it will be ok kid, I mean I am sure so many other Packer fans are taking pride in almost comeback :roll:
Or better yet they may be like most sports fans that hate to see their team lose period and not make excuses for it. This my friend is the reason why some of your fellow Packer fans on here cant stand to hold a discussion with you. But trust me when I say I dont mind picking up their slack. :wink:

Translation: I don't understand the concept of improvement.

Packers beat the Bears.

Bossman641
11-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Ty, the Bears game is at Soldier. I still think we win though.

Brohm
11-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Jolly penalty was huge as far as momentum goes

That just sucked the soul out of the team right off the bat. That's the team "dumbness" that needs to be purged.

green_bowl_packer
11-01-2009, 06:47 PM
1-2-3 KICK ASS! YEAH!

I puked in my mouth a little when I saw that.

Bossman641
11-01-2009, 06:52 PM
I see no reason why this team couldn't roll off 4 in a row to get to 8-3.

At Tampa. Home against Dallas and SF. At Det.

As much as people want to pump up Dallas, they haven't proved much of anything. They've beat 3 terrible teams (TB, KC, and SEA), one good team in ATL, and another team I don't know what to make of (CAR). They also had close losses against the Giants and Broncos.

imscott72
11-01-2009, 06:52 PM

I don't..The Bears are tough at home and I don't think we're any better or worse than they are. I give them the edge because of home field. We caught them when Cutler wasn't playing very well. He's a lot better now.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-01-2009, 06:53 PM

Sure, but Ty already claiming victory against teams like the 49ers, Hawks, Bears, and Cards in being quite optimistic.

Ty made a prediction. There is nothing optimistic in thinking you can beat a team you already beat at home (bears). Please explain why it is optimistic to think we will beat a 2-5 Hawks team. Nothing optimistic about thinking we can beat the Cards who just lost to carolina...and a team that may be resting its players/not focused as pack angling to get in the playoffs...as they have already clinched, most likely, a playoff spot (if you would actually think it would help). Nothing optimistic about thinking we beat the Niners at home..considering that they have won just one road game this year.

See, it ain't optimism, it is called analyzing and having a reason for your beliefs. Try it sometime.

imscott72
11-01-2009, 06:53 PM

As much as people want to pump up Dallas, they haven't proved much of anything. They've beat 3 terrible teams (TB, KC, and SEA), one good team in ATL, and another team I don't know what to make of (CAR). They also had close losses against the Giants and Broncos.

And who have we beat that impresses you?

Bossman641
11-01-2009, 06:54 PM

Exactly my point. I'd say Dallas' history is pretty similar to ours. Still a lot to figure out about both teams.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-01-2009, 06:55 PM

Gotta lay off the crack. :oops:

Will be tougher, but it still falls within my 9-10 win prediction if we lose.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-01-2009, 06:57 PM

I'd rather not get in than get in and get creamed.

Ridiculous. Simply ridiculous.

imscott72
11-01-2009, 06:58 PM

Ty made a prediction. There is nothing optimistic in thinking you can beat a team you already beat at home (bears). Please explain why it is optimistic to think we will beat a 2-5 Hawks team. Nothing optimistic about thinking we can beat the Cards who just lost to carolina...and a team that may be resting its players/not focused as pack angling to get in the playoffs...as they have already clinched, most likely, a playoff spot (if you would actually think it would help). Nothing optimistic about thinking we beat the Niners at home..considering that they have won just one road game this year.

See, it ain't optimism, it is called analyzing and having a reason for your beliefs. Try it sometime.

Your way of analyzing is a bit weird. You say those teams you list aren't better than us, well other than the Lions and maybe the Hawks they surely aren't worse than us, but yet you're claiming victory already. Hmm..You also forget to take into account that Arod continues to get pounded, so expecting him to not get hurt at some point is also being unrealistic.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-01-2009, 06:59 PM

At least because of the youth, we're not waiting on a window to close. (Maybe harris and woodson)

dom was his DC

You really think the pack is gonna spend 8 mill on a coach? You old guys crack ty up. :wink:

red
11-01-2009, 07:03 PM

dom was his DC

You really think the pack is gonna spend 8 mill on a coach? You old guys crack ty up. :wink:

instead of giving a great coach 7-8 million, we'll, just give our guy who's never proven to be good at anything 4 million

maybe the team could use some of that money that they aren't spending on players and use it on coaching

digitaldean
11-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Nice win, Ras.

Your special teams took the momentum away when we were making a push back.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-01-2009, 07:06 PM

Your way of analyzing is a bit weird. You say those teams you list aren't better than us, well other than the Lions and maybe the Hawks they surely aren't worse than us, but yet you're claiming victory already. Hmm..You also forget to take into account that Arod continues to get pounded, so expecting him to not get hurt at some point is also being unrealistic.

No. You have shifted the argument. I simply said that i saw us beating those teams and gave reasons. Your position is that i'm being optimistic.

Optimism would see us beating the Ravens and Steelers.

49ers: They are 1-3 on the road. They are playing us on the road. They are a sub 500 team right now. When you have 2 similar teams, the home team tends to win. Average teams have a hard time winning on the road.
Cards: Did you actually read what i wrote. Many teams have lost to lesser or similar level teams because they have a let down after clinching the playoffs. The Cards, at this moment, look like a team that will do exactly that..clinch late, and then relax. I watch more cards since i live here.

Arod: Pure speculation. Carr survived. Arod can survive. More to the point, you aren't applying that to other teams. They can have injuries as well.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-01-2009, 07:07 PM

dom was his DC

instead of giving a great coach 7-8 million, we'll, just give our guy who's never proven to be good at anything 4 million

maybe the team could use some of that money that they aren't spending on players and use it on coaching

I see. We just want to rant.

green_bowl_packer
11-01-2009, 07:20 PM

dom was his DC

I often wonder if that's a product of being a publicly owned team? That we'll always have to build through the draft, keep our own and never shell out for the big coach/player. As there's no ego-driven owner like Jerry Jones to have to have player X, or pump in more cash when it goes south, because once the money is gone, it's gone it's gone and if they miss on these guys they're under way more scrutiny - look at Washington and Vinny Cerrato.

Not that I'm complaining; as I think that the way we do it, we'll be built to last.

imscott72
11-01-2009, 07:23 PM
[quote:fd0f21cddf="Brando19"]I'm sick of being a fan of a Mike McCarthy and TT led team. They must get the hell out of town.

No. You have shifted the argument. I simply said that i saw us beating those teams and gave reasons. Your position is that i'm being optimistic.

Arod: Pure speculation. Carr survived. Arod can survive. More to the point, you aren't applying that to other teams. They can have injuries as well.[/quote:fd0f21cddf]

What the hell is wrong with you man? I haven't shifted anything. You're the one twisting your words just to continue the argument. Wow. So you saying you "see" us beating those teams isn't being optimistic? I mean come on, that's retarded. Of course that's you being optimistic. As far as the comment on Arod, of course it's pure speculation, but so is saying we're going to beat all those teams that aren't any better or worse than we are. You're just unbelievable. Do you live alone? You must just argue with everybody about everything.

BallHawk
11-01-2009, 07:34 PM
You guys know that you don't have to quote your entire conversation to get your point across, right?

Tyrone Bigguns
11-01-2009, 07:42 PM
[quote:b332547ec2="imscott72"][quote:b332547ec2="Brando19"]I'm sick of being a fan of a Mike McCarthy and TT led team. They must get the hell out of town.

Arod: Pure speculation. Carr survived. Arod can survive. More to the point, you aren't applying that to other teams. They can have injuries as well.[/quote:b332547ec2]

What the hell is wrong with you man? I haven't shifted anything. You're the one twisting your words just to continue the argument. Wow. So you saying you "see" us beating those teams isn't being optimistic? I mean come on, that's retarded. Of course that's you being optimistic. As far as the comment on Arod, of course it's pure speculation, but so is saying we're going to beat all those teams that aren't any better or worse than we are. You're just unbelievable. Do you live alone? You must just argue with everybody about everything.[/quote:b332547ec2]

Ok. Why don't you explain to the forum why it is optimistic to think we could beat a 3-4 team, who has won once on the road, at Lambeau.

Please feel free to show the difference between realistic and optimistic. Because you clearly don't understand optimism. What you do understand is pessimism.

Speculation: No, i gave reasons. You are merely saying he will get hurt. You have no proof or reasoning. David Carr got sacked a ton, and didn't get hurt.

P.S. There is nothing stopping you from not responding to my posts. Again, i response to Partial sees you entering a discussion,and then getting upset again. How about not responding.

BallHawk
11-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Well, I tried.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-01-2009, 07:44 PM
You guys know that you don't have to quote your entire conversation to get your point across, right?

yes

yes

yes

yes

yes

Freak Out
11-01-2009, 07:44 PM
What hath God wrought?

Partial
11-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Wow, way to ruin a game thread Ty. Especially after crying about it last week.

I don't think the D played horrible in the time I watched. Minne is just that awesome. Very tough to stop.

I think the O played pretty well in the second half but clearly put them in a hole in the first half (which I did not watch). It would be really nice to see them play with some heart for a complete game against a quality opponent.

ARod looked good but he has still yet to win a big game. Has ARod beaten a team with a winning record at the time we've played a team yet?

Tyrone Bigguns
11-01-2009, 08:06 PM

I don't think the D played horrible in the time I watched. Minne is just that awesome. Very tough to stop.

I think the O played pretty well in the second half but clearly put them in a hole in the first half (which I did not watch). It would be really nice to see them play with some heart for a complete game against a quality opponent.

ARod looked good but he has still yet to win a big game. Has ARod beaten a team with a winning record at the time we've played a team yet?

The person that flames Ty is saying i ruined it. LOL

MJZiggy
11-01-2009, 08:09 PM

Ourselves. If we could stop doing that, I have confidence in this team against anyone.

imscott72
11-01-2009, 08:21 PM

The person that flames Ty is saying i ruined it. LOL

All I can do is laugh when you post. You're worse than my wife when it comes to always having to be right. I could sit in here and post until tomorrow morning sometime and you'd still be in here trying to get the last word. Whatever man. Might as well bang my head against a concrete wall. I'm done. Talk to yourself now.

imscott72
11-01-2009, 08:22 PM

Ourselves. If we could stop doing that, I have confidence in this team against anyone.

Yes that would definitely help if we could learn the fundamentals.

pbmax
11-01-2009, 08:51 PM
I often wonder if that's a product of being a publicly owned team? That we'll always have to build through the draft, keep our own and never shell out for the big coach/player. As there's no ego-driven owner like Jerry Jones to have to have player X, or pump in more cash when it goes south, because once the money is gone, it's gone it's gone and if they miss on these guys they're under way more scrutiny - look at Washington and Vinny Cerrato.

Not that I'm complaining; as I think that the way we do it, we'll be built to last.
If the CBA ends and is not replaced, then things could eventually be different. But the Packers paid a good price for a veteran GM in Wolf and beat several teams to the punch to get Holmgren. He also got an extension while here.

Spending big money on a GM or coach or both isn't the problem, its have a highly paid GM currently and then trying to combine him with a coach who wants to be GM. There is nothing stopping the Packers from offering that much to a coach, but that price tag also comes with a request to be involved on the personnel side in a substantial way.

pbmax
11-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Penalties were six for 45. That is below our average and just worse than average. Take away Jolly's chemical imbalance and we would be calling it a clean game.

Scott Campbell
11-01-2009, 09:00 PM
I wonder what McCarthy said to those guys at half time.

MJZiggy
11-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Aikman was wondering the same thing...

BallHawk
11-01-2009, 09:01 PM
I wonder what McCarthy said to those guys at half time.

"Take away giving up 3 touchdowns and having 41 yards of offense, you guys just played a great half of football.

Partial
11-02-2009, 12:30 PM
http://wssp.radiotown.com/audio/doug/110209dmgregbedard.mp3

Bedard's comments on the game this morning.

Partial
11-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey Nutz, here's confirmation from those in the know that Bishop forced the fumble, as I and Bobblehead claimed.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/69423642.html

pbmax
11-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Hey Nutz, here's confirmation from those in the know that Bishop forced the fumble, as I and Bobblehead claimed.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/69423642.html
You are going to take Tom Silverstein as your source "in the know"? :lol: