PDA

View Full Version : The Spencer Havner Happy Thread

BallHawk
11-01-2009, 07:38 PM
This is the thread where we only have happy thoughts and talk about things that aren't bad or negative or pessimistic or cynical. I'll start.

I'm glad Spencer Havner got to do a Lambeau Leap. It is nice to see underdogs achieve success.

Your turn.

Partial
11-01-2009, 07:39 PM
I agree with you, it was a very nice moment. Is this guy Chris Carter? Does he have a reception for anything but a TD this season? I only remember 3, and all three were TDs :lol:

Sactopackfan
11-01-2009, 07:40 PM
He got 2 leaps!! Really happy for him, couldn't happen to a nicer kid.

red
11-01-2009, 07:46 PM
is it 3 td's or 4 for him?

Scott Campbell
11-01-2009, 07:47 PM
His size and number remind me of Dallas Clark a little bit.

Scott Campbell
11-01-2009, 07:50 PM
They played hard in the second half when a lot of teams would have folded up shop and gone home.

BallHawk
11-01-2009, 07:51 PM
They played hard in the second half when a lot of teams would have folded up shop and gone home.

This is good. More of this stuff, rats.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-01-2009, 07:53 PM
While we didn't look good in the first half, Arod didn't make any bonehead plays that led to points. He actually kept us in the game by not going rogue.

Sparkey
11-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Havner played a great game. Spence, I luv U!

Packers, after a bad, discombobulated first half, came out the second half and played with fire and determination.

esoxx
11-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Clay Matthews Jr. is a beast.

Scott Campbell
11-01-2009, 08:02 PM
AP - 3.9 YPC.

BEARMAN
11-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Yea, the packers are a good futeball team, ... I also believe there is a tooth fairy, santa, and the easter bunny ! :cat:

ThunderDan
11-01-2009, 08:15 PM
I thought the defense played well. When Minnesota had to drive the whole field we stopped them. When they had short fields due to kick returns we didn't.

The O didn't fold in the 2nd half.

Partial
11-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Clay Matthews Jr. is a beast.

Yep, he is really impressing me. He looks like he'll be a very versatile defender almost like Julian Peterson before his injuries.

MJZiggy
11-01-2009, 08:33 PM
This team made adjustments at the half. Lang had some wonderful plays against a very good D-Line. Kampman with his hand down, got to Favre a couple times. There are things to feel good about.

Scott Campbell
11-01-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm happy Cutler threw another pick today.

packers11
11-01-2009, 08:52 PM
You could look at the positive side of the loss...

If packers meet up with Vikings again, there will be no pressure what so ever and a good chance of an upset (hard to win 3 times) .

Ex : giants in 07 vs Dallas (got smoked twice in regular season)
packers in 04 vs vikings (we all remember how that ended up)

Badgerinmaine
11-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Good comeback after getting down 24-3 that would have crushed a lesser team. O-line better than last Viking game. Nice to see Green in a Packer uniform again. Still have a winning record.
Best of all, Tampa Bay is up next. :-)

Scott Campbell
11-01-2009, 08:58 PM
I think Lang is paying his dues, and perhaps could become serviceable or better at some point. We suffered with Rivera and Whale for a while too.

pbmax
11-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Yea, the packers are a good futeball team, ... I also believe there is a tooth fairy, santa, and the easter bunny ! :cat:
How many points did you guys let the Browns score?

pbmax
11-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Frankenbacker deserves his own fan club.

Clay Matthews Jr., made some very nice plays.

Run defense has improved and with the exception of one run (where an off balance AK missed him completely) they bottled him up well.

Driver and Jennings both returned after getting banged up.

We may have a wealth of Right Tackles next year. Lang will need a place the play and Barbre seems to have improved quite a bit. Still not there yet, but getting better each week after falling off a cliff. He needs to take his lumps and then will be the better for it.

Barnett had one of his best tackles ever when two guys (DE and LB) forced AP wide to Vike left (top of screen) and Barnett caught him and dropped him at the point of contact. Not an easy thing to do.

Brandon494
11-01-2009, 09:09 PM
When your QB throws for 3 TDs 0 INTs and has a QB rating of 108.5 and its considered a decent game.

MJZiggy
11-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Wow. Nice numbers ARod

rbaloha1
11-01-2009, 09:21 PM
A-rod still has not won meaningful games. Stats only matter in fantasy football.

Partial
11-01-2009, 09:22 PM
A-rod still has not won meaningful games. Stats only matter in fantasy football.

The first half was his fault but he played very well in the second half. He brought the team back. I don't think the D did a horrible job either, they're just outmatched. Vikes have way more talent. Our talent two years ago appears to be vastly overshadowed by out-of-this-world QB play and health.

pbmax
11-01-2009, 09:23 PM
And the Quarterback is the only player on the field apparently. Please announce when he has reached the magical number of wins that his performance can stand on its own. Then we can discuss it.

bobblehead
11-01-2009, 09:23 PM

this is a positive feelings thread troll. Arod only put about 30 points on the board with no running game to speak of...yep, he is no good.

pbmax
11-01-2009, 09:29 PM
And economics. Physics. Space exploration. Astronomy. Medicine. Bowling. Estate planning. Tax accounting. Banking. Baseball. Investing. Commodities. Real Estate. Mergers. Manufacturing. Airline Travel. Mass Transit. Railroads. Surveying. Computer Engineering.

Otherwise, stats are just meaningless abstractions of grittiness, toughness and intensity. Marino was just a statistical anomaly. So was Manning until he won an AFC Championship.

Brandon494
11-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Aaron Rodgers leads QBs in rushing yards

rbaloha1
11-01-2009, 09:48 PM

Where is Favre.

rbaloha1
11-01-2009, 09:49 PM

this is a positive feelings thread troll. Arod only put about 30 points on the board with no running game to speak of...yep, he is no good.

Sorry about that. ARod showed goot pocket footwork and played tough.

Brandon494
11-01-2009, 09:50 PM

Where is Favre.

With the Vikings, you are free to join him.

rbaloha1
11-01-2009, 09:50 PM
And the Quarterback is the only player on the field apparently. Please announce when he has reached the magical number of wins that his performance can stand on its own. Then we can discuss it.

There is no magic number. Since this is a happy thread-- ARod has put up pro bowl numbers.

Bretsky
11-01-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm Happy that we don't have to play the Vikings again in the regular season :!:

Tyrone Bigguns
11-01-2009, 09:53 PM

I see you can't help but pollute a thread of positivity. Thanx.

rbaloha1
11-01-2009, 09:54 PM

Coming from you this a compliment. thanx.

BallHawk
11-01-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm Happy that we don't have to play the Vikings again in the regular season :!:

It will make our revenge in the NFC Championship game all that much sweeter.

Of course, we would probably have to go through the NFC East champion in the process and then the Saints :o

Tyrone Bigguns
11-01-2009, 10:00 PM

Coming from you this a compliment. thanx.

I see you can't help but pollute this thread. Thanx.

Bretsky
11-01-2009, 10:05 PM

Of course, we would probably have to go through the NFC East champion in the process and then the Saints :o

In 2020 ?

MJZiggy
11-01-2009, 10:14 PM

In 2020 ?

Happy thread. No cynicism.

Bretsky
11-01-2009, 10:21 PM

In 2020 ?

Happy thread. No cynicism.

OK, I still think we can make the playoffs this year

And with one or two key free agents and one more playmaker from the draft we'd be serious contenders

Brohm
11-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Been rooting for Havner since we picked him up for our PS. Just a good story. hard worker/smart/willing player, they'll find some place for you.

BEARMAN
11-02-2009, 12:10 AM
How many points did you guys let the Browns score?

Only " 6 " ! 8-)