PDA

View Full Version : Get out the Broom

gex
11-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Yup, The Vikings sweep our Green Bay Packers and Thee Favre lights it up while giving the bird to TT.
We could still luck into a wild card spot and get hot in the playoffs, so I'll keep my sig for a while longer. 8-)

Partial
11-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Yup, The Vikings sweep our Green Bay Packers and Thee Favre lights it up while giving the bird to TT.
We could still luck into a wild card spot and get hot in the playoffs, so I'll keep my sig for a while longer. 8-)

Going to be very tough knowing the games we have ahead of us.

Bears on the road is going to be tough. Lovie has had our number over the past 5-6 years.

Pittsburgh is probably going to be a loss.

Baltimore is going to be a really tough game as well, which is likely going to be a loss.

San Francisco is a toss up but I think we'll win.

Dallas is getting hot and their pass rush will destroy us in my opinion. I think we're going to drop this one.

Seattle is going to be tough if Hass is healthy. He's a good player, but I think we'll win.

Brando19
11-01-2009, 08:26 PM

Keep your sig, but drop your avatar.

Scott Campbell
11-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Packer fans wanted the Packers to win today.

pbmax
11-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Long season yet. Two bad emotional games. Nobody has won anything worth remembering, yet.

A rookie played Left Tackle and performed OK. Much tighter in the second half. This team (certainly the defense, hopefully the offense) will continue to get better.

Partial
11-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Long season yet. Two bad emotional games. Nobody has won anything worth remembering, yet.

A rookie played Left Tackle and performed OK. Much tighter in the second half. This team (certainly the defense, hopefully the offense) will continue to get better.

Why are you so confident in the D getting better? I feel like they're assignment sure at this point.

pbmax
11-01-2009, 09:12 PM

Why are you so confident in the D getting better? I feel like they're assignment sure at this point.
The missed tackles on AP's long run and Jolly and Matthews taking each other out on the Chester Taylor run to the one yard line before their last TD. Matthews pass rush will continue to get better as will AK's. Might be balanced by CMJr hitting the rookie wall, but he will do some damage before then.

BallHawk
11-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Pointless thread, Gex....but you already knew that.

Partial
11-01-2009, 09:15 PM

The missed tackles on AP's long run and Jolly and Matthews taking each other out on the Chester Taylor run to the one yard line before their last TD. His pass rush will continue to get better and will AK's rush. Might be balanced by CMJr hitting the rookie wall, but he will do some damage before then.

Clay is a mystery to me because he seems like he could be a great player but his body type just looks small compared to guys like Ware. You think he'll be an elite pass rusher some day? He seems to be better in coverage (from all the predraft stuff) than a lot of the other excellent 3-4 ROLB.

I have a hunch they move him to the left side and find another pass rusher next year to put on the right. What do you think?

JSO has a nugget about how Pickett might be the D mvp to this point. That is promising but also slightly concerning as to where Raji fits in.

pbmax
11-01-2009, 09:18 PM

The missed tackles on AP's long run and Jolly and Matthews taking each other out on the Chester Taylor run to the one yard line before their last TD. His pass rush will continue to get better and will AK's rush. Might be balanced by CMJr hitting the rookie wall, but he will do some damage before then.

Clay is a mystery to me because he seems like he could be a great player but his body type just looks small compared to guys like Ware. You think he'll be an elite pass rusher some day? He seems to be better in coverage (from all the predraft stuff) than a lot of the other excellent 3-4 ROLB.

I have a hunch they move him to the left side and find another pass rusher next year to put on the right. What do you think?

JSO has a nugget about how Pickett might be the D mvp to this point. That is promising but also slightly concerning as to where Raji fits in.
He's a true 250 lbs backer. He is nearly prototypical for a 3-4 in Capers system. He wears the snug jersey like AK, so he might not appear as big as some. Watch him next to any other backer except Popp and AK. He dwarfs Barnett.

rbaloha1
11-01-2009, 09:26 PM
7 tds. BF owns the Packers. Wild card is still a real possibility.

MJZiggy
11-01-2009, 09:28 PM

Eh. He had to ice to play this one and missed practice time this week. He did what he came back to do. It'll be interesting to watch what happens from here.

rbaloha1
11-01-2009, 09:53 PM

Eh. He had to ice to play this one and missed practice time this week. He did what he came back to do. It'll be interesting to watch what happens from here.

Yup. The arm is fine. The legs may weaken as the season progresses.

BallHawk
11-01-2009, 09:56 PM

More like Vikings OL owns the Packers' pass rush.

rbaloha1
11-01-2009, 09:59 PM

That is true. But Favre still has a lightening quick release for passes under 20 yds. Requires winding up on the deep balls which ultimately may cost the Vikings.

Sparkey
11-02-2009, 09:22 AM

The more game experience they get, the better they will become at disguising, or at least, not giving away who is blitzing on each play.

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 09:32 AM

That's somewhat intriguing. Was sticking it to the Packers the main motivation for Favre. We shall see. Still, Favre has swooned in Decembers past, so - even in a dome with a good surrounding cast - will Favre falter? Stay tuned. Should be ENTERTAINING.

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 09:35 AM

That is true. But Favre still has a lightening quick release for passes under 20 yds. Requires winding up on the deep balls which ultimately may cost the Vikings.

I give a lot of the credit to Favre. The difference between Favre and Rodgers is that Favre, like many seasoned QB vets, can go through part of his progression pre-snap. If you know where the pressure is coming from, where the double teams are, based on film and experience, you can basically rule out certain receivers. So you get the ball ot faster because you know - BEFORE the ball is snapped which one or two receivers are likely to be open - like Harvin against Kampman when the blitz is coming from the left. Like taking candy from a baby.

Scott Campbell
11-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Pittsburgh reminded everyone how to beat him. Unfortunately we didn't have the horses up front to pull it off.

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 09:49 AM
we didn't have the horses.

Bottom line.