PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers hurt

packers11
11-01-2009, 08:53 PM
www.rotoworld.com

According to Packers beat writer Greg Bedard, Aaron Rodgers was "limping severely" after Sunday's loss to Minnesota.

Rodgers did more scrambling than usual Sunday, rushing for 52 yards on five carries, and may have aggravated a foot issue that's landed him on the injury report in each of the last two weeks. This is a situation to keep an eye on. Rodgers has a highly favorable matchup in Week 9 at Tampa Bay.

Source: Greg Bedard on Twitter

if its serious. we are done.

Partial
11-01-2009, 08:54 PM
We'll be in trouble for sure, I suspect if he's hurt pretty bad they'll rest him next week.

I must say the way he has played this year has made me back down from my girlish comments. He's playing like a tough dude for sure.

Chevelle2
11-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks, Ted.

Guiness
11-01-2009, 08:55 PM
What was it, 6 sacks today? Wow.

Partial
11-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks, Ted.

Waldo and I believe the vast majority of the sacks are his own fault. Ted isn't doing him any favors, I agree, but ARod is creating a lot of extra hits himself.

Scott Campbell
11-01-2009, 08:57 PM
I must say the way he has played this year has made me back down from my girlish comments.

I think you're known for your girlish comments. I look forward to them in a twisted sort of way.

BallHawk
11-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks, Ted.

Waldo and I believe the vast majority of the sacks are his own fault. Ted isn't doing him any favors, I agree, but ARod is creating a lot of extra hits himself.

Agreed. I tended to give him the benefit of the doubt before this game and hoped that it was just him being in some bad situations. But this game it was clear that he was just either way too indecisive with what he wanted to do with the ball (run or pass) and/or he waited way too long waiting for something to develop with his receivers. The coaches need to work on that with him, if it can be worked on at all. Could just be how he is, although I don't remember it being a huge problem last year.

red
11-01-2009, 08:59 PM
havner said in the post game show that it was the knee

didn't say if it was just banged up or worse

either way its not good

Scott Campbell
11-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks, Ted.

Agreed. I tended to give him the benefit of the doubt before this game and hoped that it was just him being in some bad situations. But this game it was clear that he was just either way too indecisive with what he wanted to do with the ball (run or pass) and/or he waited way too long waiting for something to develop with his receivers. The coaches need to work on that with him, if it can be worked on at all. Could just be how he is, although I don't remember it being a huge problem last year.

He sure was a lot slipperier in the second half.

BallHawk
11-01-2009, 09:02 PM

He sure was a lot slipperier in the second half.

OL seemed to be better, too.

pbmax
11-01-2009, 09:09 PM

either way its not good
Did Havner say it was Rodgers knee all along (not his foot) or was the knee a new injury?

Brandon494
11-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Hope its not serious, glad we have TB next week just in case he does have to miss a game.

bobblehead
11-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks, Ted.

Although he hurts himself at times holding the ball, the back to back plays where we decided Blocking allen would be too easy and Babre did his 5x per game complete whiff there was nothing ARod could do....and that was the drive that could have given us a lead and all the momentum.

Bottom line is that he does hold it too long at times, but again, it allows him to make big plays too, they balance out, but the mental errors by the OL where he gets hit before even setting up are a far bigger problem.

rbaloha1
11-01-2009, 09:34 PM
ARod holds the ball too much. IMO the o-line held up. Lang shows nice technique and holds his base well.

MM needs to help ARod with screens, draws and shovel passes. More 3 step drops would also be nice.

Partial
11-01-2009, 09:35 PM
ARod holds the ball too much. IMO the o-line held up. Lang shows nice technique and holds his base well.

MM needs to help ARod with screens, draws and shovel passes. More 3 step drops would also be nice.

I didn't see the first half but the OL was awful in the second half. ARod was making plays all over the field. I think this was his most impressive pro game by far (the second half atleast, I heard the first half was terrible).

He found a way to escape the blitz and take advantage of the light coverage.

MJZiggy
11-01-2009, 09:37 PM
The OL was genius in the second half compared to the first.

Partial
11-01-2009, 09:38 PM

Better does not necessarily mean they weren't awful. Rodgers was brutalized in taht second half. He played like a man.

MJZiggy
11-01-2009, 09:43 PM

Better does not necessarily mean they weren't awful. Rodgers was brutalized in taht second half. He played like a man.

I didn't say they were good. I was merely illustrating the first half OL for you since you missed it.

rbaloha1
11-01-2009, 09:45 PM

I didn't see the first half but the OL was awful in the second half. ARod was making plays all over the field. I think this was his most impressive pro game by far (the second half atleast, I heard the first half was terrible).

He found a way to escape the blitz and take advantage of the light coverage.

Agreed. But still holds the ball too long which Arod acknowledged this week. Its going to be interesting how many sacks are due to AR.

Partial
11-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Says he'll be fine in a few days here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/gameflash/2009/11/01/3495_recap.html?eref=sihp

Fosco33
11-01-2009, 10:25 PM
On the play where DD went down for a few and Arod got smacked by 2 defenders (and the PF call), when he landed you could see hit foot hit the crowd square on his toe...

If it's the knee, no speculation - but if it's his foot - that may have been the play.

Freak Out
11-01-2009, 11:59 PM

Can someone please explain to me the offensive philosophy of letting the best pass rusher in the league go unblocked on a passing down?

Thanks in advance.

Badgerinmaine
11-02-2009, 04:01 AM
On the play where DD went down for a few and Arod got smacked by 2 defenders (and the PF call), when he landed you could see hit foot hit the crowd square on his toe...

Back when he first started at QB for the Packers and children were swearing at him, I'll bet he'd have loved to have kicked a lot of the crowd square with his toe. :lol:
I think you mean the ground?

pbmax
11-02-2009, 07:15 AM

Can someone please explain to me the offensive philosophy of letting the best pass rusher in the league go unblocked on a passing down?

Thanks in advance.
Philbin said the "group" blew a blitz pickup call. Either Lang heard wrong and blocked down or the TE didn't hear it at all.

SkinBasket
11-02-2009, 08:46 AM
It wouldn't matter how long he fucking holds onto the ball if the defense could stop the other team from scoring 40 points. The criticism of Rodgers is just, but the flip side of it is the guy has thrown 2 interceptions all season. There's a trade off there and a lot of teams would murder a virgin for a young QB who's only tangible fault is taking an extra 2-3 sacks a game because he holds onto the ball too long.

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 08:49 AM
It wouldn't matter how long he fucking holds onto the ball if the defense could stop the other team from scoring 40 points. The criticism of Rodgers is just, but the flip side of it is the guy has thrown 2 interceptions all season. There's a trade off there and a lot of teams would murder a virgin for a young QB who's only tangible fault is taking an extra 2-3 sacks a game because he holds onto the ball too long.

Your point about the defense is valid, but you have to acknowledge the dramatic failure of the offense in the first half. 3 first downs and 47 yards (not to mention special teams lapses) not only leaves your defense exposed and in a bad position, but also is demoralizing.

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 08:50 AM

Thanks in advance.
Philbin said the "group" blew a blitz pickup call. Either Lang heard wrong and blocked down or the TE didn't hear it at all.

I think it was all that crowd noise. That's what makes those road games so difficult. Oh, that's right, it was a home game.

Fosco33
11-02-2009, 08:50 AM

Back when he first started at QB for the Packers and children were swearing at him, I'll bet he'd have loved to have kicked a lot of the crowd square with his toe. :lol:
I think you mean the ground?

Haha - totally. I was thinking of crown, then ground and came up with crowd.

Here's hoping ARs ok. I was one that questioned durability and no longer am in that camp.

SkinBasket
11-02-2009, 08:55 AM

Your point about the defense is valid, but you have to acknowledge the dramatic failure of the offense in the first half. 3 first downs and 47 yards (not to mention special teams lapses) not only leaves your defense exposed and in a bad position, but also is demoralizing.

That's true. Guess my point is this team's got much larger issues than Rodgers taking an extra 2-3 sacks a game because he doesn't throw the ball away or try to run and get punished some more.

Packers4Ever
11-02-2009, 08:24 PM

either way its not good

This is exactly what I've been afraid of all fall, Aaron getting hurt,

hurt enough to miss a couple or a few games. Where will you go

for a replacement, Ted ?? Rely on Brian Brohm ? Or maybe

Detroit has a couple cast-offs they don't need.

MJZiggy
11-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Flynn. No one needs to rely on Brohm.

Brandon494
11-02-2009, 08:40 PM

That's true. Guess my point is this team's got much larger issues than Rodgers taking an extra 2-3 sacks a game because he doesn't throw the ball away or try to run and get punished some more.

+1

Would you rather have AR just throw the ball up for grabs? Then you would be complaining about him turning the ball over. AR is only a year older than Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco and is still learning. He only has a year starting experience under his belt and a horrible O-line protecting him. Its not that easy to read a defense while trying to run for your life.

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 08:42 PM

I agree. But it doesn't help to ignore the contribution of Rodgers to the problem. I don't look at it as being overly critical of Rodgers, but just a fair assessment - after all, I think he's early in his maturation and has progressed very nicely to this point. The sky is the limit for this guy if he keeps improving as he already has.

SkinBasket
11-02-2009, 09:19 PM

I agree. But it doesn't help to ignore the contribution of Rodgers to the problem. I don't look at it as being overly critical of Rodgers, but just a fair assessment - after all, I think he's early in his maturation and has progressed very nicely to this point. The sky is the limit for this guy if he keeps improving as he already has.

I guess the difference is that I see it as more of a trade-off than a detriment to the team. He has 2 interceptions this season. 2. When placed in juxtaposition to the rest of his numbers (except for sacks) and considering our shitastic run game, I think that's pretty goddamn fantastic. But I realize that it comes at the price of taking 2-3 sacks a game that his predecessor wouldn't have. Overall, I'm fine with that. I'm far more concerned that we had Ahman motherfucking Green returning kicks this week, our running game is horrid, our defense gave up almost 40 points, and our head coach seems to have no handle on the metal state of this team.

rbaloha1
11-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Again MM needs to help AR and the line with more plays that can slow down the rush.

Brandon494
11-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Again MM needs to help AR and the line with more plays that can slow down the rush.

I agree, AR also needs to start dumping it off to the RB or TE more. Just needs to learn where the rush is coming and where to get it out quick. He does tend to look for the big play alittle too much, but that will come with experience.