PDA

View Full Version : My 3 problems

packers11
11-01-2009, 09:37 PM
I am a very optimistic poster (you can check my history) but three issues that have bugged me all season...

1. Ryan Grant. He sucks, i'm sorry but he just runs with his head cut off... I want to see more Ahman Green / B. Jackson... He also has possibly the worst hands i've ever seen, maybe I should go teach him how to catch a friken football. I hate hearing the o-line thing with Grant. He was on something in 2007 (hungry for a contract?), because the way he runs now he looks like Noah Herron. His side/side movement is sometimes laughable...

2. The Special Teams, Its not hard for Favre to put points on the scoreboard when they only have to travel 10-30 yards to get into field goal range, its truly pathetic...

Also , GET NICK COLLINS OFF OF SPECIAL TEAMS! ARE YOU STUPID MCCARTHY? yes, brilliant move, if he gets hurt, the team is truly screwed (unless he thinks Martin is the next Ed Reed)...

3. The defense (some parts) ... The pass rush / how far the corners play off the damn receivers. If your blitzing, why is woodson/harris playing 5-10 yard cushion? No wonder why every slant works when we blitz. Also the 3rd down conversions just put the icing on the cake...

Fix these three things, i'll see the packers in the playoffs. Keep on doing the same dumb mistakes, i'll be looking forward to the 2010 draft...

Thoughts?

rbaloha1
11-01-2009, 09:41 PM
I am a very optimistic poster (you can check my history) but three issues that have bugged me all season...

1. Ryan Grant. He sucks, i'm sorry but he just runs with his head cut off... I want to see more Ahman Green / B. Jackson... He also has possibly the worst hands i've ever seen, maybe I should go teach him how to catch a friken football. I hate hearing the o-line thing with Grant. He was on something in 2007 (hungry for a contract?), because the way he runs now he looks like Noah Herron. His side/side movement is sometimes laughable...

2. The Special Teams, Its not hard for Favre to put points on the scoreboard when they only have to travel 10-30 yards to get into field goal range, its truly pathetic...

Also , GET NICK COLLINS OFF OF SPECIAL TEAMS! ARE YOU STUPID MCCARTHY? yes, brilliant move, if he gets hurt, the team is truly screwed (unless he thinks Martin is the next Ed Reed)...

3. The defense (some parts) ... The pass rush / how far the corners play off the damn receivers. If your blitzing, why is woodson/harris playing 5-10 yard cushion? No wonder why every slant works when we blitz. Also the 3rd down conversions just put the icing on the cake...

Fix these three things, i'll see the packers in the playoffs. Keep on doing the same dumb mistakes, i'll be looking forward to the 2010 draft...

Thoughts?

1. RG needs running lanes. Can not create by himself.

2. Special teamers are not consistently in their lanes.

3. Capers needs to let the corners play more press coverage. Screw the zone. Our dbs are much more effective in press coverage as AK is much more effective rushing the passer than dropping in coverage.

Capers needs to be less dogmatic with the scheme.

Partial
11-01-2009, 09:42 PM
- I don't understand why when we were playing man coverage we were still giving them free releases. We could have given us an extra half second to get to Favre.

- Green looked good in the role of a receiver out of the backfield. I would like to see them get him more involved in the offense than Grant.

- I really wish we had a star athlete on our team. I feel like we don't have anyone who is a special athlete in any way, from outrageous size, speed or shiftyness. How good would a Hester/Ginn/Harvin look on our team right now?

MJZiggy
11-01-2009, 09:47 PM
- I really wish we had a star athlete on our team. I feel like we don't have anyone who is a special athlete in any way, from outrageous size, speed or shiftyness. How good would a Hester/Ginn/Harvin look on our team right now?

Matthews. I'm on the bandwagon. Star forming. Dude's a walking nebula.

Partial
11-01-2009, 09:48 PM

He's very good but I think he's more of a really good football player than a freakish athlete. We need one of those guys to stretch the field on offense and improve our special teams.

pbmax
11-01-2009, 11:11 PM
- I don't understand why when we were playing man coverage we were still giving them free releases. We could have given us an extra half second to get to Favre.

- Green looked good in the role of a receiver out of the backfield. I would like to see them get him more involved in the offense than Grant.

When Al was in bump, he was hitting them. Charles has rarely played bump. He plays press and uses his elbows and forearms to delay and sense their movements.

If they are looking at the QB, then they are playing some zone even if the guy in front of them is their initial responsibility (man in their zone). This is because in a zone, esp. with blitzes, they need their eyes forward to defend against the run.

BallHawk
11-01-2009, 11:18 PM

The Rams are in rebuilding mode. You think we could swing Ruvell Martin for a 7th?

Smidgeon
11-02-2009, 02:02 PM

He's very good but I think he's more of a really good football player than a freakish athlete. We need one of those guys to stretch the field on offense and improve our special teams.

Well, Finley's an athlete.

But don't forget how the "athlete's" have treated us in the past: Ahmad Carroll, Mike Hawkins, etc.

Patler
11-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Title - "My 3 problems"

Here, I thought you had engaged in a little introspection, a weekend of personal evaluation to become a better person! I thought I would get to know you better, from your own reflections on your life and personality. Instead, we get complaints about the Packers!! How disappointing!!! (Just kidding!) I would put some little smiley emoticons here, but according to another thread, those seem to bother some posters around here!

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Title - "My 3 problems"

Here, I thought you had engaged in a little introspection, a weekend of personal evaluation to become a better person! I thought I would get to know you better, from your own reflections on your life and personality. Instead, we get complaints about the Packers!! How disappointing!!! (Just kidding!) I would put some little smiley emoticons here, but according to another thread, those seem to bother some posters around here! :lol:

Packers4Ever
11-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Title - "My 3 problems"

Here, I thought you had engaged in a little introspection, a weekend of personal evaluation to become a better person! I thought I would get to know you better, from your own reflections on your life and personality. Instead, we get complaints about the Packers!! How disappointing!!! (Just kidding!) I would put some little smiley emoticons here, but according to another thread, those seem to bother some posters around here!

Really? I didn't know the little Smileys were in danger. Did the offended posters cite any particular Smiley(s) as being offensive or was it the whole damn crew?

Sorry - I have Packer hangover from an upset here yesterday.... :P

packers11
11-09-2009, 11:23 AM
and #2 is still a HUGE PROBLEM...

I thought after "watching the film" it would "get fixed"

this season is truly going down the shitter. The only way the can salvage this season is pulling off a miracle against dallas (playing like they did in preseason . /w some heart)