PDA

View Full Version : BISHOP!

pbmax
11-02-2009, 09:23 AM
He just took over the game didn't he? Obvious what a difference maker he is. :)

OK, I am just sore and angry in general. My apologies for the cheap shot at Desmond.

Like Frank Costanza faced with George Steinbrenner in his house. "How could you trade Jay Buhner!" If I met with the team today, I wouldn't ask for autographs, I would start yelling. Until one of them stood up and I started to run.

Seriously, McGinn had him down for responsibility for the screen going for big yardage in the 2nd half. But I did not notice him much at all beside that. If you saw Desmond, how was he holding up?

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 09:26 AM
He seems to play his best football coming in relief for an injured player. Remember what happened on the first play after Barnett was injured last year at MN. BTW, do we have to have to lose a LB every year against MN?

Bossman641
11-02-2009, 09:27 AM
He had good coverage on a 3rd down pass that fell incomplete. Other than that I didn't notice him much, other then the screen pass.

I could have sworn I saw him strip the ball on the kick return, but others say it was Hawk. Anybody have this on DVR?

Partial
11-02-2009, 09:28 AM
He had good coverage on a 3rd down pass that fell incomplete. Other than that I didn't notice him much, other then the screen pass.

I could have sworn I saw him strip the ball on the kick return, but others say it was Hawk. Anybody have this on DVR?

I rewatched and it was Bishop not Hawk.

pbmax
11-02-2009, 09:28 AM
He seems to play his best football coming in relief for an injured player. Remember what happened on the first play after Barnett was injured last year at MN. BTW, do we have to have to lose a LB every year against MN?
Karmic revenge for hurting Purple Jesus. Actually that can't be, because if it was we would be losing CBs, not LBs.

Sparkey
11-02-2009, 03:09 PM

Was it a golden shower moment for you ?

bobblehead
11-02-2009, 04:59 PM

Was it a golden shower moment for you ?

It was Bishop and it was a HUGE play in the game. Hawk made a hit after the ball was coming lose.

Bishop also got washed on the big screen so you gotta take the good with the bad with him. Not sure how good he is or can be, but no doubt he is capable of some big plays and some big blunders.

Smidgeon
11-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Bishop also got washed on the big screen so you gotta take the good with the bad with him. Not sure how good he is or can be, but no doubt he is capable of some big plays and some big blunders.

Well, that's the deal with Bishop. A few weeks back when people were making a fuss about why Bishop wasn't on the field, Capers was quoted as saying that Bishop would get on the field when he was more consistent. So that's exactly what you're getting with Bishop: someone who can make a big play here and there, but also someone who gives up a big play here and there.

Noodle
11-02-2009, 06:38 PM
On the screen, wasn't it pro-bowler Hutchinson, the former FA, who washed Bishop? I mean, it's not like it was some putz out there. He lost that battle, but I suspect a lot, if not most, LBs in the league would have fared about as well.

Maybe his angle could have been better, but he's learning. God knows he hasn't faced anyone of Hutch's caliber in practice.

Smidgeon
11-02-2009, 06:42 PM
On the screen, wasn't it pro-bowler Hutchinson, the former FA, who washed Bishop? I mean, it's not like it was some putz out there. He lost that battle, but I suspect a lot, if not most, LBs in the league would have fared about as well.

Maybe his angle could have been better, but he's learning. God knows he hasn't faced anyone of Hutch's caliber in practice.

See, and I've heard that Hutchinson is slipping and that it's only his reputation that is keeping him in the conversation of the best guards in the NFL. I can't back that up because I don't know, that's just what I've been hearing.

Deputy Nutz
11-02-2009, 06:46 PM

Wrong, how can you watch something twice and still be so wrong? Bishop might have gotten there first but it was the second hit from Hawk that jarred the ball loose.

Partial
11-02-2009, 06:52 PM

Wrong, how can you watch something twice and still be so wrong? Bishop might have gotten there first but it was the second hit from Hawk that jarred the ball loose.

Ball was loose before Hawk made the hit.

Deputy Nutz
11-02-2009, 07:25 PM

Ball was loose before Hawk made the hit.

wrong

retailguy
11-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Bishop = Career Backup. Reminds me of Paris Lenon.

Will be around a long time, but will always tease you...

Brandon494
11-02-2009, 07:55 PM
The whole defense played like shit yesterday, not just Bishop. I like how some of you think this game defines his whole career.

retailguy
11-02-2009, 08:00 PM
The whole defense played like shit yesterday, not just Bishop. I like how some of you think this game defines his whole career.

who said it defines his career?

Smidgeon
11-02-2009, 08:17 PM

I actually like him better than that. I think he has way more ability than Lenon. What I think is that he still has to learn to funnel that ability. Someday he may be good (not great), but now is not that someday.

retailguy
11-02-2009, 08:20 PM

I actually like him better than that. I think he has way more ability than Lenon. What I think is that he still has to learn to funnel that ability. Someday he may be good (not great), but now is not that someday.

I think he's playing up to the level of a 6th round draft choice. But that's about it.

I don't like him better than Lenon. Wolf used to like these guys just fine, until he found someone to replace them. I agree with that. Bishop will do, until Thompson finds someone to replace him.

He'll have a good career as a backup... Just like Lenon (who's still playing, and still starting, I believe). I haven't missed him for 10 minutes since he's been gone, and I won't miss Bishop either.

Smidgeon
11-02-2009, 08:24 PM

I think he's playing up to the level of a 6th round draft choice. But that's about it.

I don't like him better than Lenon. Wolf used to like these guys just fine, until he found someone to replace them. I agree with that. Bishop will do, until Thompson finds someone to replace him.

He'll have a good career as a backup... Just like Lenon (who's still playing, and still starting, I believe). I haven't missed him for 10 minutes since he's been gone, and I won't miss Bishop either.

The one thing I like about Bishop that Lenon never wowed me with was the impact plays at key points. Like last year and the fumble on 4th and whatever. Of course, he reminds me a lot of the Packers run defense in 2005...

retailguy
11-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Yeah, bishop has some wow plays, but Lenon was assignment sure. That was his strength and what keeps him in the league. Smart player, not flashy.

Neither have been able to become special. I don't think Bishop has "special" in him. But, we'll see, won't we? He's going to play significant snaps until Chillar comes back, IF chillar comes back.

Brandon494
11-02-2009, 08:33 PM
We could do a lot worse for a backup LB then Bishop. Yes the best guard in the game took him out of a play and the best RB in the game got a big gain out of it. Moss has said a lot of good things about Bishop and its seems they have him in their future plans.

Smidgeon
11-02-2009, 08:43 PM
We could do a lot worse for a backup LB then Bishop. Yes the best guard in the game took him out of a play and the best RB in the game got a big gain out of it. Moss has said a lot of good things about Bishop and its seems they have him in their future plans.

For the sake of our defense, let's hope that he's showing the consistency that Capers deemed necessary in order for him to see the field.

rbaloha1
11-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Bishop plays angry -- always hitting someone. The big plays shall over shadow the mistakes. Just watch the interior run defense improve.

pbmax
11-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Bishop plays angry -- always hitting someone. The big plays shall over shadow the mistakes. Just watch the interior run defense improve.
We don't need our run defense to improve as much as we need a pass rush.

rbaloha1
11-02-2009, 11:31 PM
We don't need our run defense to improve as much as we need a pass rush.

True. But more physicality brings turnovers and maybe sacks.

HarveyWallbangers
11-03-2009, 01:05 AM
True. But more physicality brings turnovers and maybe sacks.

We'll see. All of his big plays have come in the preseason playing against second teamers. In his spot duty in the regular season we've seen 1 sack, 0 interceptions, 0 passes defensed, and a couple of missed tackles.

Smidgeon
11-03-2009, 09:45 AM

You mean there's a problem with our interior run defense? Since when?