PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter To Aaron Rodgers

Scott Campbell
11-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I enjoyed watching you throw some slants, use the hot reads, check downs and throwing the ball away during the second half yesterday. You were mostly very effective.

So WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU in the first half?

FUCK.

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Why didn't you throw to Jennings on 3rd and 8? He was single covered and open.

gbgary
11-02-2009, 11:25 AM
why didn't you run for that first down after the fumble recovery?

(i love all these open letters...lol)

retailguy
11-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Rodgers is fine. When we have an OL that can give him some confidence, there will be no issues.

All this holding the ball too long crap, is just that, CRAP.

MJZiggy
11-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Dear Aaron,

It's ok to run forward when the DL is about to sack you anyway. Especially when there's no one in front of you. I'm in your corner, but that drove me nuts yesterday. Wide open spaces in front of you, but you take the sack instead.

retailguy
11-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Dear Aaron,

It's ok to run forward when the DL is about to sack you anyway. Especially when there's no one in front of you. I'm in your corner, but that drove me nuts yesterday. Wide open spaces in front of you, but you take the sack instead.

he's scattered, can't concentrate. I remember when this happened to Jeff Garcia in SF a few years back. (a few too many).

all this rodgers criticism is bull. he's running scared and making some poor decisions. fix the line. you'll fix rodgers.

mmmdk
11-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Dear Aaron,

I [somewhat] second this; a slide is better than sacks plus if defender hits you sliding...BAM...15 yards penalty.

But wouldn't it ALL be better if Packers had top notch pass protection?

Most QBs would give 2 big thumbs up for that!

Brandon494
11-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Rodgers is fine. When we have an OL that can give him some confidence, there will be no issues.

I agree, I'd rather have take the single then throw it up for grabs.

I do believe he does need to get it out quicker though, he looks for the big play alittle too much instead of just dumping it off to the RB.

retailguy
11-02-2009, 08:03 PM

I agree, I'd rather have take the single then throw it up for grabs.

I do believe he does need to get it out quicker though, he looks for the big play alittle too much instead of just dumping it off to the RB.

I don't believe he's waiting too long for a play to develop. I think he's distracted and looking at the line for where the pressure is coming from. That causes him to miss the receivers being open. then he takes the sack b/c no one is open.

It's a domino effect, I think. He's scattered back there, and with damn clear justification.

Badgerinmaine
11-02-2009, 08:10 PM
It's a domino effect, I think. He's scattered back there, and with damn clear justification.
I agree completely.

MJZiggy
11-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Dear Aaron,

he's scattered, can't concentrate. I remember when this happened to Jeff Garcia in SF a few years back. (a few too many).

all this rodgers criticism is bull. he's running scared and making some poor decisions. fix the line. you'll fix rodgers.

I agree with this, but for godssakes let me be frustrated for a while!

digitaldean
11-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Can you imagine what the guy could with a COMPETENT line in front of him?

I'm not talking about Pro Bowl caliber, just competent.

It's amazing the guy is still alive the way our line does their MBS (matador blocking scheme).

retailguy
11-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Dear Aaron,

I agree with this, but for godssakes let me be frustrated for a while!

Take out your frustrations on the idiots on the OL. You are justified in being frustrated, just not with rodgers... :D :wink:

MJZiggy
11-02-2009, 08:21 PM
But when I see all that pretty wide-open space in front of him and then they make a sandwich out of him. It all looks so avoidable. :(

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Some of the problems are on Rodgers. Compare Favre and Rodgers with an empty backfield. The ball has to come out fast. With Rodgers it doesn't all the time. Also, he specifically caused two sacks by holding the ball way too long. In both cases Jones was open perfectly as the play was designed. The line has problems, but in some cases, Rodgers is making it worse. It's not that surprising considering the relatively short time he's been a starter.

retailguy
11-02-2009, 08:24 PM
But when I see all that pretty wide-open space in front of him and then they make a sandwich out of him. It all looks so avoidable. :(

Yeah, if he could focus, I'd agree. But it looks far worse than it is... rodgers is scattered. He's nervous and missing things.

This is an OL problem. An OL Problem... An OL problem... :wink: :twisted:

retailguy
11-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Some of the problems are on Rodgers. Compare Favre and Rodgers with an empty backfield. The ball has to come out fast. With Rodgers it doesn't all the time. Also, he specifically caused two sacks by holding the ball way too long. In both cases Jones was open perfectly as the play was designed. The line has problems, but in some cases, Rodgers is making it worse. It's not that surprising considering the relatively short time he's been a starter.

I understand what you're saying, but I still think it's a chicken/egg thing. Would this be occurring if he had decent protection? I think most of it wouldn't be occurring.

don't fix the symptom, fix the problem!

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 08:33 PM

I understand what you're saying, but I still think it's a chicken/egg thing. Would this be occurring if he had decent protection? I think most of it wouldn't be occurring.

A QB who holds the ball too long is a problem. That needs to be fixed as well.

retailguy
11-02-2009, 08:35 PM

and it will be - when you fix the line.

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 08:45 PM

Rodgers screwed up even when he had adequate protection. Even McCarthy said so. Perhaps you can continue your argument with him.

retailguy
11-02-2009, 08:47 PM

Rodgers screwed up even when he had adequate protection. Even McCarthy said so. Perhaps you can continue your argument with him.

hopeless... I don't agree. thanks for the discussion.

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 08:50 PM

hopeless... I don't agree. thanks for the discussion.

I know - it's 'chicken or egg.' as you say - Oh, except you say it's the lines' fault. So which is it - a chicken or egg problem, or the line? It couldn't possibly be that Rodgers is at fault at all could it?. Go talk to Stubby. He won't agree with you. Tell him it's 'impossible.' Or 'Chicken and egg.'